Lewd mods and XCOM 2

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone figured out how to make Character Pool characters promote into the class you pick for them in-game, instead of the game choosing randomly?

Build Guerrilla Tactics School, Recruit Rookie then train

Yeah, done that.  Even grabbed a mod that reduces the time to zero.  Still annoying.  I just want them to level up into the class I picked, or be found as "pre-promoted" soldiers in the class I picked.

Unfinished obviously, but it works Barebaremod.zip

stick it in your xcom2/xcomgame/mods folder

The body is actually the one firaxis uses as a base for anarchy's (they left the torso and legs unrigged, like they're trying to deter this happening or something tongue.png) with added nippyness and additional lower body meshes from skyrim body mods.

Still has some seam issues when moving annoyingly, I know I can fix the arm seams but the way I'm doing it now doesn't seem to fix the neck ones. Crotch rigging could probably be better, it's just skin wrapped atm.

There's a slider in the option's gameplay menu to set how frequently you want lewdness to appear, body and torso works on all tiers.

Played a mission, feels really wierd not having armour.

@Lucy Sure, I'll add it next time

@galihotea it shouldn't have anything linking to dlc, all the non custom stuff is linked to the base game and at most it'd just be texture errors, unless the option slider thing is breaking it, but that support was added in a patch not dlc.

edit......oh interesting, I'll check

edit edit: Unless the base leg textures are in the sdk but not in game, this doesn't make sense, but then they wouldn't show up on mine either. Anyone else getting this issue?

@galihotea it shouldn't have anything linking to dlc, all the non custom stuff is linked to the base game and at most it'd just be texture errors, unless the option slider thing is breaking it, but that support was added in a patch not dlc.

Thank for the reply, I will spend sometime to check my computer setting, maybe reply the result at sunday.

PS. Really excepting no cubic hair edition, and truly thanks for your hard work.

Still not understand which part is the problem.

@Pan4Mod it shouldn't have anything linking to dlc, all the non custom stuff is linked to the base game and at most it'd just be texture errors, unless the option slider thing is breaking it, but that support was added in a patch not dlc.

Thank for the reply, I will spend sometime to check my computer setting, maybe reply the result at sunday.

PS. Really excepting no cubic hair edition, and truly thanks for your hard work.

Need some searching, answer you on sundays

Moomay, I have experience in Blender but very little in 3DSMax, though I have it as well. Hoe difficult do you suppose it would be for me to do things like modify existing armors to show more skin and play nice with your body? Feel free to PM if it's not a conversation you want to have here.

Also @NotBob, are you okay with me making some changes to your localization file to spice things up some?

@Pan well if it doesn't work, I could always set it to link to a copy of the texture inside the mod files itself, but it'll make the file bigger.

@Loogie If you have experience with blender, might as well use that. You can load up the upk in the sdk, then just export my files (or firaxis ones) into fbx and work from there. Annoying thing about X2 is the lack of an overlay system, so you'd basically have to reuse the mesh for variants (I guess its the same as fallout tbh, in fact it'd be exactly the same as making the modified power armour in your ttw mod.) There is something called an underlay in the sdk and that uses the mesh you see the crew wear in the avenger, but I don't know how that works.

If it's more about how to actually get it in game, the sdk documentation is actually really useful, although if it's blender, capnbubs tutorial is better, he also explains archetypes pretty well so read it anyway. And on the "coding" side, just load up any mod which deals with armour replace the references with your own, everything is in plain text anyway.

@Pan well if it doesn't work, I could always set it to link to a copy of the texture inside the mod files itself, but it'll make the file bigger.

@Loogie If you have experience with blender, might as well use that. You can load up the upk in the sdk, then just export my files (or firaxis ones) into fbx and work from there. Annoying thing about X2 is the lack of an overlay system, so you'd basically have to reuse the mesh for variants (I guess its the same as fallout tbh, in fact it'd be exactly the same as making the modified power armour in your ttw mod.) There is something called an underlay in the sdk and that uses the mesh you see the crew wear in the avenger, but I don't know how that works.

If it's more about how to actually get it in game, the sdk documentation is actually really useful, although if it's blender, capnbubs tutorial is better, he also explains archetypes pretty well so read it anyway. And on the "coding" side, just load up any mod which deals with armour replace the references with your own, everything is in plain text anyway.

Good, good. Thanks for the help. This sounds exactly how the bodies work in in Fallout - I'm assuming the bodies are broken up into torso/arms/legs/head?

Now I'm wondering if a short dress would need to be a torso and legs or just a torso, but we'll cross that bridge. Do you plan any major changes to the butt or hip shapes?