Oblivion Character Replacer (WIP)

The reason I haven't been uploading so much lately is because I am trying to optimise my overhauls together with the cosmetic bundle mod.

this will make it very easy to build on for patches and make it more user friendly for people who don't have much experience in modding.

also I will only replace the females for the time being because I'll rather be done with on gender at the time.

I will upload overhauls for the following races:

Argonian

updated khajiit

High elves

Redguard

nord, woodelf and breton will come later.

Imperials will be the last race I will make an overhaul of because they are so many NPC's but because of this I thought I could replace some of them with other different not lore friendly races like khaleen race for example.

Yes well both list an overhaul the Orcs in game. One example I can think of is WAC - Gladiator which turns the gray prince into the gray giant.

if you have the WAC gladiator load after the orc overhaul it should make the gray prince green I think

Tough luck for me.If i wont be able to "break" it down so it wont change many vanilla NPCs then i might pass. :/

Oh well' date='keep up the good work Ploms!

[/quote']

not sure if I understand what you mean?

The thing is that in these overhauls I don't change the vanilla race itself but make customized copies of it.

downside is that mods like OOO, WAC etc that have its own NPC's will have the vanilla appearance.

You still should make it modular, as opposed to an "all in one".

Example: I really like your Orc's and Khajiit. They are TOP shelf work. But maybe I like some other Argonian mod better. And I don't want my Imperials messed with at all. See what I mean??

Still, big fan of your Orcs and Khajiit! LOVE them!

You still should make it modular' date=' as opposed to an "all in one".

Example: I really like your Orc's and Khajiit. They are TOP shelf work. But maybe I like some other Argonian mod better. And I don't want my Imperials messed with at all. See what I mean??

Still, big fan of your Orcs and Khajiit! LOVE them!

[/quote']

all race mods will be separated but need the cosmetic pack to work.

However I will make a merged mod for people who prefer all in one.

I will try to make it so that it doesn't conflict with other race mods out there.

Plom your work is amazing!

I'm afraid to ask this question because I'm somewhat new to loverslab and I don't want to look like a jerk or a leach, but here I go. Do you have a version while you were editing the orcs that only affects the females? If not, I'm not requesting you to make one (that would be rude considering all the work you already put in this). I was just wondering if you did have an esp laying around somewhere between versions that was a female only.

Thanks.

edit: Nevermind, I just realized how easy it is just to change the males back to their original orc race. der der der.

my argoinian overhaul and a new version for khajiit.

I have also uploaded the cosmetic mod that you need for these race mods.

I will change my orc mod so it works with the cosmetic mod, so it will be a quick update on it.

creating new race overhauls goes way more smoother and quicker now.

as a matter of fact it goes so fast now that I will probably upload my redguard mod tomorrow.

here is a image of how I made Rohssan

2012061900002.jpg

downloading orc, khajit and argonian now - cant wait for the final release :)

even with other meshes those textures will look ace!

---

edit: looking into the orc folders now and i'm a little disappointed: pubic hair.

is there a way you can release a version without pubic hair?

or can you send me your PSD file of the texture, so i can change that myself and spare you the extra work?

i guess it would look very strange if i would overwrite the textures with those from f-inev HGEC texture replacer.

and a texturing question: i edited soem textures for other mods, but i couldnt find out what is the difference between dxt1, dxt3, dxt5 for dds file export. some tutorial told to save with dxt5 while everything worked fine for me with dxt3, which i used very often before.

creating new race overhauls goes way more smoother and quicker now.

as a matter of fact it goes so fast now that I will probably upload my redguard mod tomorrow.

here is a image of how I made Rohssan

2012061900002.jpg

Wow, very nice work. Definitely looking forward to this one. I use XEO and like it, but it tends to erm... whitewash Redguards a bit too much for my taste.

I realized I have gone a bit over my head with these mods so I will just have 4 race for now.

I will upload the redguard mod and an updated version of my other race mods with some minor tweaks this weekend.

sigh. I'm getting conflicts with the normal races caused by the cosmetic pack. Its making eyes look wierd. It doesn't effect every character but it does effect male npcs as well as female npcs

EDIT: Never mind apparently the game just wants to make me look like a twat on the forum. It's fixed itself now. Maybe Purge Cell buffers has fixed it.

Yet Another Edit. Nope the game is trying to make me look like a twat. Problem is back and it is the cosmetic pack because uninstalling it fixes my problem. Included a pic to help show the problem.

post-27988-13597876415138_thumb.jpg

Yet Another Edit. Nope the game is trying to make me look like a twat. Problem is back and it is the cosmetic pack because uninstalling it fixes my problem. Included a pic to help show the problem.

Either they both provide different eye meshes to the same path (the mod extracted last wins)' date=' or their ESPs both change the left/right eye entries in the race characteristics (the ESP loaded last wins).

Also, if they both add new eyes textures (which use different meshes) to the same race, then you'll have a[s']n awesome[/s] combination of googly eyes and normal eyes...

I have decided to not go any further with this mod and instead just focus on being done with the three race mods that I have at the moment.

This being fixing bugs and adding males to the khajiit and argonian mod.

This whole mod was a bit to much for me so I won't go any further after this for a while.

sigh. I'm getting conflicts with the normal races caused by the cosmetic pack. Its making eyes look wierd. It doesn't effect every character but it does effect male npcs as well as female npcs

EDIT: Never mind apparently the game just wants to make me look like a twat on the forum. It's fixed itself now. Maybe Purge Cell buffers has fixed it.

i got the same problem with the cosmetic pack.

i even looked into tzhe files and its definitely the meshes having wrong UVmaps or the new textures (fitting those UVmaps) are missing.

this doesnt affect all races, but it definitely affects the "Dunmer".

its not caused by savegames with old informations in them, because it also appears on a new game.

to Plom: i love the new khajits and argonians. i hope you finish their male parts too (hopefully being compatible for roberts male).

just a few requests - this is not urgent and i'm just asking if you or someone else can do that:

can you include a second version of the esps, which completely replace the vanilla orc, argonian and khajit races.

maybe a version which replaces the same races from "Colourwheels Sexy Oblivion Overhaul" with your races, because most females which are added arent changed by your esp (or i have a fault in the loadorder).

i also put your textures into her races corresponding texture folders and it looks ok, but her argonians are modified aquamer, which have ears... those look funny now :D

here is a list of what I am working on for the moment.

-redo the argonian texture for less seamless texture

-add both male version for khajiit and argonian mod

-orc mod will be merged with the cosmetic pack

-fix a lot of bugs for the cosmetic pack like google eyes, missing textures etc

-add texture options for the three races for example pubic hair, skin color etc

-replacement for all three vanilla races will also be added

This might take up to a week to be done with so please have some patient.

I'm wondering how to edit the teeth so it looks like my avatar? (Just tusks showing) I tried to do it myself in blender by removing the faces from the middle teeth in edit mode, and it shows up great in nifskope. However, I run the CS, and look at the race, and the teeth are simply gone. :@

I wish I knew what I did wrong in editing the mesh. This whole Blender thing definantly has a learning curve, gah!

I'm wondering how to edit the teeth so it looks like my avatar? (Just tusks showing) I tried to do it myself in blender by removing the faces from the middle teeth in edit mode' date=' and it shows up great in nifskope. However, I run the CS, and look at the race, and the teeth are simply gone. :@

I wish I knew what I did wrong in editing the mesh. This whole Blender thing definantly has a learning curve, gah!

[/quote']

believe me, that was my plan as well from the beginning ,but since I have very little experience with blender myself I had to tweak it in nifscope instead.

I'm wondering how to edit the teeth so it looks like my avatar? (Just tusks showing) I tried to do it myself in blender by removing the faces from the middle teeth in edit mode' date=' and it shows up great in nifskope. However, I run the CS, and look at the race, and the teeth are simply gone. :@

[/quote']

believe me, that was my plan as well from the beginning ,but since I have very little experience with blender myself I had to tweak it in nifscope instead.

Woo! I think I got it. I spent a while in blender trying to figure it out, and I got something called Conformulator, that helps generate .egm files that work with the head the teeth fit. It's normally meant for fitting helms to heads, etc.

I think it turned out quite well. Keep in mind I only did female teeth, and the best outcome was the Demoness head/teeth I think. The other one clipped a bit. Here's screens of both:

Renhead Teeth:

znDX9.jpg

[/img]

Demoness head teeth:

hGDxy.jpg

I'll attach the teeth files I edited, comes with .tri and .egm files. That's what makes the adjustments stick, and lets it morph with the head.