Oblivion Character Replacer (WIP)

Just so you know Ploms you forgot to include the tabaxi textures or inform people they need that installed and so forth. Opened it up in the CS when all was getting was a purple body and a black head and the CS says the mod is pointing to file directories that didn't exist.

well crap , I found out that I did something wrong when I uploaded the file but here is what you need to do.

put the "Ploms Khajiit Overhaul" file in the character folder in the textures folder and it should work

No, I think they are here, but in Textures instead of Textures/Characters (simply move Textures/Ploms Khajiit Overhaul to Textures/Characters/Ploms Khajiit Overhaul).

The tabaxi eye meshes aren't there though. :P

edit: oops, too slow, see above

I have made a little hotfix for the eye problem.

I also totally forgot that you need the flonnes eye resources for this mod.

I have added links for what this mod requires at the first page.

So please read the requirements before you download the race mod.

Maybe this will help :

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/4802

Thank you but i don't get a crash.Just when i go through the custom orc races i can't change my char's hair.It's a minor problem though' date='i was just wondering if it was happening only to me.Since it happens to others too i don't have to worry that i did something wrong. :D

It doesn't happen to me with the MBP races though.Normally' date='that bug happens when some files are missing. *scratches his head*

Anyway,i knew about that workaround,i just thought to give it a try and see if i could fix things.Thanks for your reply. :)

I'll find a moment(hopefully) and i'll take a closer look via CS.

Btw Ploms,when i'll find a chance i'll DL your Khajiit mod and return for some feedback!Thanks again!

[/quote']

I have problems myself some times with this annoying bug that makes you use the showracemenu command.

I'll see what I can do later when I have the time

No need,don't waste your time for this,we can go around it so no harm done. ;)

I have another problem though i'm afraid.While making a PC Orc comes out great (seriously,i loved your old mod and i love this one too),the texture of the few NPCs that i checked out appear a bit weird. :/ Hold your horses though because i forgot to take escreenshots.I'll post em tomorrow and then we'll find what's going on.

Btw....ever thought of making x117 orc race? :D This is not a request,i'm not gonna put more load on your shoulders,i just had to say it. xD

brief announcement

I can start modding again next week and try finish my argonian overhaul. I will also try to be done the khajiit as well but I have some problems with the male version that needs to be done.

Also I'm very open for hair mods that I can add to the khajiit male if someone have knows.

In the future I am planning to change the elf races too but I was thinking of just replacing them with mods that are allready out.

for example high elf race will be replaced with moonshadow elves, redguards replaced with chocolate elves and so on.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Btw....ever thought of making x117 orc race? :D This is not a request' date='i'm not gonna put more load on your shoulders,i just had to say it. xD

[/quote']

I will consider it

About my problem,it's some NPC's who look weird,there are others who look fine.Here's a picture of one of the weird ones:

ScreenShot31.jpg

I checked in cs and i found nothing weird.I think after your mod i installed ozm's face textures but that couldn't possibly mess your mod's files,right?

I can't figure out what's causing it.

I checked in cs and i found nothing weird.I think after your mod i installed ozm's face textures but that couldn't possibly mess your mod's files' date='right?

I can't figure out what's causing it.

[/quote']

In the interest of "science", I took a screencap of Mazoga, then re-installed Ozmo's hi-res textures with a different glossiness. The change didn't seem to affect Plom's Orcs:

Plom's Mazoga:

attachment.php?aid=11066

Plom's Mazoga after re-installing Ozmo's face textures:

attachment.php?aid=11067

I didn't get her back into the middle of the hall, so the lighting's inconsistant - and I reduced the image by more than half, but she didn't change.

post-29228-13597876038047_thumb.jpg

post-29228-13597876038291_thumb.jpg

it shouldn't conflict with my mod since the textures are in a different folder.

One reason why the face looks messed up might be if you have installed my old mod and then override it with my latest version.

Then the wrong files would mess up how the race looks in game.

In the interest of "science"' date=' I took a screencap of Mazoga, then re-installed Ozmo's hi-res textures with a different glossiness. The change didn't seem to affect Plom's Orcs:

Plom's Mazoga:

[img']http://www.loverslab.com/attachment.php?aid=11066[/img]

Plom's Mazoga after re-installing Ozmo's face textures:

attachment.php?aid=11067

I didn't get her back into the middle of the hall, so the lighting's inconsistant - and I reduced the image by more than half, but she didn't change.

Thanks a bunch for the effort!Yeah,something's wrong on my end.

it shouldn't conflict with my mod since the textures are in a different folder.

One reason why the face looks messed up might be if you have installed my old mod and then override it with my latest version.

Then the wrong files would mess up how the race looks in game.

I didn't overwrite it but i also didn't make a clean save first.The odd thing is i tried it now and nothing changed.Nvm,i'll figure things out.If anything else will fail i'll give it a shot with no other mods installed.

"troubles always find me" i guess. :P

okey I got some good news and some bad news.

bad news

The argonian overhaul will be delayed because I have been very busy with RL stuff and I don't even have internet connection to my main PC atm lol.

good news

I have been working a bit on a cosmetic compilation mod that will make these overhauls much more easier and much faster to make.

You will also have a crapload of hair and eyes to choose from.

This will work as a master file so you must use it for my overhauls to work or else it's just CTD.

In the end this might end up as something similar to xeo/xeosp

The PlomsOrcOverhaul v1.2.esp seems unrecognized on BOSS masterlist for me. Any sample load orders and bash tag suggestions?

The only thing you need to think about is having it load after any other race mod for example xeo/xeosp.

Just a small update of what I have been doing these days.

I have been working on this argonian overhaul and I have tried a bunch of different colors but I'm not 100% sure what I am going for.

I am only using 2 colors for this mod so here is a bunch of images of what they look like

tweaked default

2012061400001t.jpg

blue/gray

2012061200001.jpg

red

2012061300012.jpg

green

2012061300010.jpg

green/yellow light

2012061300005.jpg

Have to say I like the Green & tweaked default Also like the green/yellow light but if your only going to use two yeah that my personal choice. Although since this is a race replacer you might want to aim for more lore-friendly (lol) colours. Which to me would be tweaked default and green/yellow light

So will the Khajit overhaul now at least make changes to every Khajit in the game? Do you see any possible conflicts this could have? ( Like ruining the scripting for a quest mod' date=' or conflicting with OOO?)

Thanks for the work.

[/quote']

It will only change vanilla NPC Khajiits.

I think it might cause some issues if a quest/script/dialog topic checks that a beautified NPC is a Khajiit (e.g. to GetIsRace, "KhajiiFemale01" isn't "Khajiit").

I'm not sure that actually happens, but if you're worried, you should be able to avoid that by adding a simple quest and attach the following (or similar) script to it:

scn PlomsKhajiitAliasracesQuestScript

Begin GameMode
if GetGameLoaded || GetGameRestarted

SetRaceAlias KhajiiFemale01 Khajiit
	SetRaceAlias KhajiiFemale02 Khajiit
	SetRaceAlias KhajiiMale01 Khajiit
	SetRaceAlias KhajiiMale02 Khajiit

endif
End

GetIsRace should now think that Ploms Khajiit are Khajiit.

I liked the green argonian the most and the one i liked the least is the blue/gray one.

I liked the tweaked default but it keeps reminding me the choco elves' date='i can't help it. lol So i'll rate them all like this: 1.Green 2.Green/yellow 3.Red 4.Tweaked default 5.Blue/gray

[/quote']

I have decided to use the green and blue(the one I posted earlier) one, but I will also add some of the extra textures in a option folder.

Thanks for pointing me in this mods direction. I've been playing with Real Swords Forum reworking of the Orc race and wonder if it will cause conflicts.

It shouldn't cause any conflicts since it's not using the vanilla race .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I will see if I can upload the argonian overhaul and an updated version of the khajiit overhaul in a few days.

Yes well both list an overhaul the Orcs in game. One example I can think of is WAC - Gladiator which turns the gray prince into the gray giant.

Never mind, I think I got it to work for me.

post-17847-13597876258916_thumb.jpg

Used it to make some cute Orc slave girls for my game.