Balgin Posted February 26, 2019 Posted February 26, 2019 Interestingly... applying hair control to a male character then changing gender to female seems to leave broken shorter hair meshes at times as well.
Michal_Wstroje Posted February 26, 2019 Posted February 26, 2019 3 hours ago, Xiaron said: Couldn't you set up custom hairs to fix this? If you made a json with male hair as default, would you still have the female meshes showing? I have no clue how I would do that
Xiaron Posted February 27, 2019 Posted February 27, 2019 8 hours ago, Michal_Wstroje said: I have no clue how I would do that Take a look at the mod description. It's in how to configure.
Michal_Wstroje Posted February 27, 2019 Posted February 27, 2019 3 hours ago, Xiaron said: Take a look at the mod description. It's in how to configure. But how do I manually create a json? Does it require advanced coding knowledge? I am a bit stuck,
Balgin Posted February 27, 2019 Posted February 27, 2019 3 hours ago, Michal_Wstroje said: But how do I manually create a json? Does it require advanced coding knowledge? I am a bit stuck, Not that advanced. You should be able to copy one of the .json files in the mod and copy & paste. Getting the hair names is the harder part. You can probably handle it in game as well in the custom hairstyles section of the MCM, click the button that makes them the default hairstyles for each length and then export them.
Fuzzy_Fox Posted February 27, 2019 Posted February 27, 2019 6 hours ago, Michal_Wstroje said: But how do I manually create a json? Does it require advanced coding knowledge? I am a bit stuck, The mod creates the JSon file you need. All you do is get the name of the hairs you want via looking at the racemenu bottom right corner which comes up with a description of the hair selected. So for example :- ApachiiHumanHair71 would be the ID of a custom hair. Enter that set the length and then the style of hair. You could do this with male hairs. But The problem comes when you want a female custom hair list. The only way I know round it would be to copy and paste the male hair list you make into a different folder and then write over it in game by inputting female hairs and when you switch genders just exit the game and switch Json files over and import the new file.Â
Michal_Wstroje Posted February 28, 2019 Posted February 28, 2019 So you're saying make the list of all the male hairs I want to use from short to full length in MCM menu, and then export that list and then change the name of the list from custom styles to default styles? On 2/27/2019 at 11:33 PM, Balgin said: Not that advanced. You should be able to copy one of the .json files in the mod and copy & paste. Getting the hair names is the harder part. You can probably handle it in game as well in the custom hairstyles section of the MCM, click the button that makes them the default hairstyles for each length and then export them. 21 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said: The mod creates the JSon file you need. All you do is get the name of the hairs you want via looking at the racemenu bottom right corner which comes up with a description of the hair selected. So for example :- ApachiiHumanHair71 would be the ID of a custom hair. Enter that set the length and then the style of hair. You could do this with male hairs. But The problem comes when you want a female custom hair list. The only way I know round it would be to copy and paste the male hair list you make into a different folder and then write over it in game by inputting female hairs and when you switch genders just exit the game and switch Json files over and import the new file. Edit: Okay so I tried what I Stated above and also attempted changing the JSON files themselves, and... Still nothing. I think I might be understanding wrong.
Fuzzy_Fox Posted February 28, 2019 Posted February 28, 2019 4 hours ago, Michal_Wstroje said: So you're saying make the list of all the male hairs I want to use from short to full length in MCM menu, and then export that list and then change the name of the list from custom styles to default styles? Edit: Okay so I tried what I Stated above and also attempted changing the JSON files themselves, and... Still nothing. I think I might be understanding wrong. Make two folders called female Custom Hair Json file, and male Custom Hair Json file. Go into the game and make a male hair list for the custom hairs and export it from the mcm the list once finished. Exit game Go to the Json folder where the custom hair list is stored and copy and paste it into the relevant folder for male hairs. Go back to the game and set up a female custom hair list and export it from the mcm. Exit game Go to the Json folder again where the custom hair list is stored for yps and copy and paste the female custom hairs to the folder for female hair json folder you created.  You now have two separate files for male and female hairs in folders that should be safe from overwrite as the mods will not look inside them. Then when you use a male character copy and paste the male custom hair list into the yps json folder and let it overwrite. Go into the game and select import from the yps custom hairs mcm. Same with the female hairs.Â
Balgin Posted February 28, 2019 Posted February 28, 2019 It might be worth making naturally curly hair folders as well. There's not a lot of options but, as the owner of some naturally very curly hair, sometimes I fancy playing a curly haired character from time to time.
Michal_Wstroje Posted March 1, 2019 Posted March 1, 2019 Nevermind I'm Back and I bring actual photos, It didn't work, I don't have any of those hair style mods other than the bald hair one, I just want to stick with default hair styles, for Men only, I don't know if I change everything in that hair growth database, or the game database that has all the mods in it. I configured a custom hair list and put it in it's own folder and I have no clue what to do with the Skyrim.esm Json either. And as you can see in the final screen shot hair still 1. Clips and 2, that hair in the screenshot isn't even the right style, it should be completely bald, so there shouldn't even be any visible problems because there isn't supposed to be visible hair yet. Also I did import custom hair styles and it still failed me   ^My custom Male hairs Json folder and what the pathway looks like ^This is the Json that I show the pathway too in the screenshot preceding this one. ^Skse - Plugins - All Jsons, ^Hair growth data base, what the hell is this, I read through the instructions and all that (Further down on the file) and they didn't really help. ^Default Hairs (Vanilla) json, doesn't seem right given it's using hairs from those damn hair mods (I am growing to truly hate them so much, none of them even remotely fit skyrim.) Also they are all female ^Hair ModDatabase json ^Skyrim Esm json folder, no clue what to do here either. This is my problem, all my hairs do this, they all clip through his damn head like this.
Xiaron Posted March 5, 2019 Posted March 5, 2019 On 2/28/2019 at 11:53 PM, Michal_Wstroje said: Nevermind I'm Back and I bring actual photos, It didn't work, I don't have any of those hair style mods other than the bald hair one, I just want to stick with default hair styles, for Men only, I don't know if I change everything in that hair growth database, or the game database that has all the mods in it. I configured a custom hair list and put it in it's own folder and I have no clue what to do with the Skyrim.esm Json either. And as you can see in the final screen shot hair still 1. Clips and 2, that hair in the screenshot isn't even the right style, it should be completely bald, so there shouldn't even be any visible problems because there isn't supposed to be visible hair yet. Also I did import custom hair styles and it still failed me   ^My custom Male hairs Json folder and what the pathway looks like  ^This is the Json that I show the pathway too in the screenshot preceding this one.  ^Skse - Plugins - All Jsons,  ^Hair growth data base, what the hell is this, I read through the instructions and all that (Further down on the file) and they didn't really help.  ^Default Hairs (Vanilla) json, doesn't seem right given it's using hairs from those damn hair mods (I am growing to truly hate them so much, none of them even remotely fit skyrim.) Also they are all female  ^Hair ModDatabase json  ^Skyrim Esm json folder, no clue what to do here either. This is my problem, all my hairs do this, they all clip through his damn head like this. Two quick questions for you. Do you use racemenu in game, and are you planning on playing a female at any point? Depending on the answers, there may be an easier way to do this than everything you're going through.
Michal_Wstroje Posted March 6, 2019 Posted March 6, 2019 11 hours ago, Xiaron said: Two quick questions for you. Do you use racemenu in game, and are you planning on playing a female at any point? Depending on the answers, there may be an easier way to do this than everything you're going through. I use racemenu and I’m not planning on playing a female at any point
Xiaron Posted March 6, 2019 Posted March 6, 2019 17 hours ago, Michal_Wstroje said: I use racemenu and I’m not planning on playing a female at any point So using racemenu, make sure you know all the names of the hairs you want as default for each growth stage.  Then in the SKSE/Plugins/ypsFashion folder, find the ypsHairDefault.json (you may want to make a duplicate backup before going further) and open it in notepad. There should be a block of text in there that looks something like this:          "HairFemaleRedguard03",          "HairFemaleRedguard03",          "HairFemaleRedguard04",          "HairFemaleImperial1",          "0AdonisF",          "HairFemaleNord15",          "HairFemaleNord20",          "HairFemaleNord01",          "0Getup",          "0Gecko",          "0Butterfly098",          "0Alia",          "0TitaniumPB",          "0Galactic",          "0Fawn",          "0Fawn",          "0Traveler",          "0Traveler",          "0Traveler" Replace each of the hairs listed with what you want your default to be for each stage. Save and close file. This should mean that those are the autoselected hairs that show up as growth occurs, and if they are set as male hair, I would imagine that would fix the clipping issue.
Michal_Wstroje Posted March 8, 2019 Posted March 8, 2019 On 3/7/2019 at 8:10 AM, Xiaron said: So using racemenu, make sure you know all the names of the hairs you want as default for each growth stage.  Then in the SKSE/Plugins/ypsFashion folder, find the ypsHairDefault.json (you may want to make a duplicate backup before going further) and open it in notepad. There should be a block of text in there that looks something like this:          "HairFemaleRedguard03",          "HairFemaleRedguard03",          "HairFemaleRedguard04",          "HairFemaleImperial1",          "0AdonisF",          "HairFemaleNord15",          "HairFemaleNord20",          "HairFemaleNord01",          "0Getup",          "0Gecko",          "0Butterfly098",          "0Alia",          "0TitaniumPB",          "0Galactic",          "0Fawn",          "0Fawn",          "0Traveler",          "0Traveler",          "0Traveler" Replace each of the hairs listed with what you want your default to be for each stage. Save and close file. This should mean that those are the autoselected hairs that show up as growth occurs, and if they are set as male hair, I would imagine that would fix the clipping issue. Do I do anything with the other Jsons in the SKSE Plugins folder, or do I leave them alone and only change the Default Json you mentioned above? it has not worked
Xiaron Posted March 8, 2019 Posted March 8, 2019 6 hours ago, Michal_Wstroje said: Do I do anything with the other Jsons in the SKSE Plugins folder, or do I leave them alone and only change the Default Json you mentioned above? it has not worked  The only change you should have had to make is the default. Do you have custom hair as default checked? Try unchecking that if you do, just in case. I'll try and test things for you with a male character to see if there's another way, but I won't have time for a few days.
Michal_Wstroje Posted March 9, 2019 Posted March 9, 2019 9 hours ago, Xiaron said: The only change you should have had to make is the default. Do you have custom hair as default checked? Try unchecking that if you do, just in case. I'll try and test things for you with a male character to see if there's another way, but I won't have time for a few days. I do have custom hairs as default unchecked. thanks for the help with this stuff.Â
Xiaron Posted March 11, 2019 Posted March 11, 2019 On 3/8/2019 at 4:26 PM, Michal_Wstroje said: I do have custom hairs as default unchecked. thanks for the help with this stuff. Just a warning, I'm being hit hard with the site errors. I should have time Tues to run tests to try and find you a solution, but if I don't post right away, I couldn't get LL to load.Â
Clea Strange Posted March 13, 2019 Posted March 13, 2019 Anyone use this with the mods like Cursed Loot or Captured Dreams etc
OsmelMC Posted March 16, 2019 Posted March 16, 2019  On 2/23/2019 at 7:51 PM, Hylysi said:  Reveal hidden contents [00:00] YPS01 "Pierced Ears" [QUST:080073BC] [00:00] QUST \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0504F6F1] < Error: Could not be resolved >   Reveal hidden contents [02/23/2019 - 06:48:56PM] Error: Cannot play a None idle on an actor stack: [ (00000014)].Actor.PlayIdle() - "<native>" Line ? [YPS01 (5B0073BC)].ypspiercingticker.ShaveArmpitsHair() - "YpsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 4135 [YPS01 (5B0073BC)].ypspiercingticker.ShaveHair() - "YpsPiercingTicker.psc" Line 4218 [Item 4 in container (00000014)].ypsShavingCream.OnEquipped() - "ypsShavingCream.psc" Line 6   DDYokeOffset03 doesn't point to a valid entry in the ESP, so this error shows up in the papyrus log when shaving your armpits and the idle isn't played. Using Devious Devices 4.2 (I suppose this is relevant.) I make my on update to solve that, need the v6.0 to work    yps-ImmersiveFashion v6.0 Patch (2019_6_4).7z  1
Michal_Wstroje Posted March 23, 2019 Posted March 23, 2019 On 3/11/2019 at 1:27 PM, Xiaron said: Just a warning, I'm being hit hard with the site errors. I should have time Tues to run tests to try and find you a solution, but if I don't post right away, I couldn't get LL to load. Dude? You good?
Aida B Posted March 26, 2019 Posted March 26, 2019 Love the mod, one issue I came across though, soldered Snake bites from the Facial Piercings mod, but when I ask Tris to desolder (wrong word used in the mod by the way ;)), it says that I don't have any soldered on Left Nostril, which I don't even have pierced. Â Not a big deal for me as the "basic" snake bites are cool regardless
Xiaron Posted March 26, 2019 Posted March 26, 2019 On 3/23/2019 at 4:38 PM, Michal_Wstroje said: Dude? You good? I hadn't been, thank you for asking. Ended up having surgery to fix a CSF leak last week, but I'm doing better now. Sorry about the delay on helping you! Really not intended and I'll get to it as soon as I can, assuming you haven't already figured the issue out.  ?
Neko-Barbare Posted April 4, 2019 Posted April 4, 2019 Hello. Sorry if my question was already asked but I started q new game with a male character. I went to the winterhold college and manage to find Lena Glovo but when I talked to her there is no choice to start the TS quest (I just have the normal reponse of the NPC). Is there quest requirement (like doing the first main quest to be able to do this one) or other stuff to do to be able to start the quest ?
Balgin Posted April 4, 2019 Posted April 4, 2019 Did you start a brand new save from the main game menu or did you load an old clean save from the character creation screen or something similar? In my experience you literally need to create a brand new save in order for it to work. No loading old saves right off the prisoner cart before the character creation menu pops up or anything like that.
Neko-Barbare Posted April 4, 2019 Posted April 4, 2019 56 minutes ago, Balgin said: Did you start a brand new save from the main game menu or did you load an old clean save from the character creation screen or something similar? In my experience you literally need to create a brand new save in order for it to work. No loading old saves right off the prisoner cart before the character creation menu pops up or anything like that. I've made a clean start but not a full restart. I was thinking that a clean start would've be enought. Thank you for your quick repond.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now