Majority of SexLab mods and FNIS not working

Hello,

I'm rather new to this site and the whole modding/skyrim thing in general so I apologize beforehand if I do/say something wrong. This might be really long so forgive me. I'm not a modder nor plan to be, I'm just a regular player.

I'll be blunt, so please no bashing. I'm trying to make it so my male character can have sex with other male characters and marry them, or animals even, but mainly male/male is what I care for. I know most mods out there are for female/female or male/female but I don't want to give in to that or force myself to play as something I'm not interested in. It would just ruin things for me and make me depressed.

Another problem with this is, for whatever reason a majority of mods on this site aren't working. It's partially my fault because I didn't bother to read the description of every single one. I was really excited to see it happen in game.  But it's also because the program I used (Wrye Bash) told me that most of the files had a main one that was missing which would cause crashes at the start menu (the boxes would turn red in the program telling me this.)

I have Nexus Mod Manager, Mod Organizer, Wrye Bash, LOOT, and TS5Edit on my computer right now. I just finished removing FNIS and all the mods related to it because I realized I didn't install it properly. Honestly with the trouble that comes with installing it and the mods related to it I feel like pulling my hair out. This is taking so much time out of my day but I know I could just play without the mods, but I don't want to. 

So what I'm trying to say here is, if anyone out there knows what they're doing because I have absolutely no idea, it would be wonderful if you could help I'd really appreciate your time and efforts. If anyone knows a way around FNIS or mods that don't require it so I could have the same results but without the hassle it would be brilliant. If anyone knows mods that aren't corrupted or outdated that would allow me to perform these actions it would be great. And lastly, if anyone knows how I could possibly edit/fix these mods or files so they wouldn't go bonkers, it would also be great.

As I said before I'm new to this, so it's highly possible I won't have a clue what you're talking about and I'm sorry for that. Below I will list mods that won't work for me, and mods that I'm using. You can choose whether to read it or not. And yes, before anyone asks my computer shouldn't be at fault. It's an HP laptop about 2-3 years old. I'm running windows 8.1 using skyrim on high quality without any graphic issues or lag. The only real problem I've had lately with skyrim is whenever I try to go to jail the game freezes infinitely and the only way to escape is to shut down my computer. Other than that it's been fine. 

I have all skyrim DLCs and am running the Legendary Edition as well.

Mods causing me trouble: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FNIS - By Fores (Download/install process too complicated)

Customizable Cameria - v1.82 - By Arindel (Camera flying everywhere in first person mode)

The following all cause crashes upon start up regardless of their versions. Wrye Bash shows them with red boxes indicating missing major files. 

If anyone has newer versions of the following that work, please do let me know.

SexLab Aroused  - By redneck 2x 

SexLab Aroused Redux - By fishburger67 

HentaiCreatures - By flyingtoasters

HentaiCreatures Expanded - By  BadDog 

Horny Dogs of Skyrim - By diarawr 

Better Vampires + Add Ons - By Brehanin 

SexLab Cumshot - By Erstam 

SexLab More Creatures - By Sailing Rebel 

SexLab Nude Creatures - By lordescobar666 

SexLab Dialogues - By skyrimll 

SexLab Aroused - By redneck2x 

SexLab Defeat - By Goubo 

SexLab MatchMaker - By Ashal 

ZaZAnimation Pack - By xaz 

MoreNastyCritters - By dentarr 

CreatureFeatures - By Leito86

Devious Devices: Assets - By Min

Devious Devices: Expansion - By Min

DeviousDevices Integration - By Min

GetStripped - By ????? 

Papyrus Util - By excitedviper 
Spanking mod - By adelrahman0

+ Pretty much any sexual mod besides the two I'm using (mainly because most of them require the above mods mentioned)

* Note: In listing these mods I am in no way bashing the creators or blaming or hating on them for any reason. I know it's most likely a problem with myself since I'm a noob at this but if any creators are willing to help a bro out it would be amazing. I'm also willing to help explain the problem as best as I can.

Mods I'm using: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important mods:

SKYSE - v1.7.3 - By ianpatt, behippo, and scruggsywuggsy the ferret 

SkyUI - v5.1 - By SkyUI Team 

Animation mods:

0s3ksynet 9000 - BetaV1.0 - By Ceo 
Animated Dragon Wings - v1.30 -By Anton 
Pretty Motion Package - PM_misc - v1.3 - By Dualsun
Pretty Motion Package - v1.1 - By Dualsun
Real Flying (With gliding and collisions) - v1.00 - By Anton 
Spanking mod - v0.3 - By abdelbrahman
XP32 Maximum Skeleton - v1.95 - By xp32 
XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended - v3.70 - By Groovtama

Armors: 
Dishonored Lord Protector Set - v??? - By ???? 
SOS - Revealing Armors for Shlongs of Skyrim - v1.03 - By aoki and VectorPlexus

Cheats and god items: 
Lockpick Pro - v3-219-3 - By KenMOD 

Combat: 
Duel Wield Parrying Left Hand - v2.53 - Borgut1337 
Duel Combat Realism - v8.1 By Gabriel Mailhot as LogRaam 

Followers: 
Celedor and Artemion Elf Brothers - v1.3.2 - By nt6486 

Hoth - v3 - By hothtrooper34 

XD Follower Ravus - v1.1 - By Nico2605 

Gameplay Effects and Changes: 

Alternate Actors - v1.2 - By Iceburg 

Enemy AI Overhaul Revenge of the Enemies No Scripts Version - v1.95 - MyEvergreenHometown 

Proper Aiming - v1.1 - By Arindel 

Realistic Ragdolls and Force - v1.9 - By dDefinder

SkyTweak - v7.14 - By Grimy Bunyip 

Hair and Face Models: 

Apachii SkyHair - v1.6Full - By Apachii 

Beards High Resolution - v2.0 - By Hvergelmir 

Brows High Resolution - v3.1 - By Hvergelmir 

Enhanced Character Edit - v1.4 - By ECE Team 

Eyes of Aber - v1.3 - By Aberin 

KS Hairdos Renewal - v1.1 - By Kalilies Stealthic Khaos and Shocky 

Mikan Eyes - v2.5 - By nerune 

The Eyes Of Beauty - v9 - By Gabriel Mailhot as LogRaam 

True Brows - v1.7 - JimtownIrish 

Immersion: 

Follower Commentary Overhaul - v1.3 - By terzaerian 

Lanterns of Skyrim - v2.5 - By MannyGT 

Enhanced Blood Textures - v3.6c - By dDefinder 

Items and Objects: 

Ebony Pierced Ears - v0.6 - By Nostromo79 

Wearable Lanterns - v3.0 - By Chesko 

Magic - Spells and Enchantments: 

Face Light - v1.8 - By tktk 

Gifts of the Outsider - v1.4.0 - By Madrilous 

Miscellanious: 

Better Sorting - v2.06 - By Headbomb 

Modders Resources and Materials: 

DienesTools - v1.0 - By Dienes 

FileAccess Interface for Skyrim Script FISS - v.1.21 - By Lord Conti 

Grimy Plugin - v1.14 - Grimy Bunyip 

NetImmerse Override - v3.4.4 - By Expired 

Models and Textures: 

Adult Real Werewolves ARW All in one package - v1.0 - By 139876 

Better males Beautiful nudes and faces New hairstyles Underwear Default - v2.3.2 - By Chris57 and FavoredSoul 

Fine Face Textures for Men - v2.0 - By Urshi 

Pubes - v2 - By Ixum 

RaceMenu Overlay Compiliation UNP Version - v1.1 - By TheOniNinja 

Skyrim HD 2D Textures COMPLETE FULL - v1.7 - By NebuLa from AHBmods 

NPC: 

Amazing Follower Tweaks - v1.66 - By Dheuster  

Males of Skyrim - v1.3 - By Aberin 

Masculinized Level Lists - v1.1 - By Sekoia 

Spouses Can Live Everywhere - v0.9.1 - By Amgepo (Emma)

Overhauls: 

Unofficial Morrowloot Skyrim Overhaul - v1.50 - By Archiphres 

Patches: 

ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer - v1.3 - By kapaer 

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch  - v3.0.0 - By Unofficial Patch Project Team 

Sex Mods: 

anuspsdresource - v1 - By TealEri 

SOS - Shlongs of Skyrim - v3.00.004 - By b3lisario 

Stealth: 

Sneak tools - v1.0 - By Borgut1337 

User Interfaces:

A Matter of Time - v2.0.7 - By SkyAmigo

Better Messagebox Controls - v1.2 - By ecirbaf

moreHUD - v1.82 - By Arindel

RaceMenu - v2.1.3 - By Ahzaab

The Coenaculi - vJu - By Desufire

UIExtensions - v1.2.0 - By Expired  

Utilities: 

Fuz Ro D-oh - v6.0 - By shadeMe 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any and all suggestions for these mods or changes/replacements would be welcome.

In posting this I mean no harm. If an admin doesn't like my post or feels it's in the wrong place I'm extremely sorry and will not complain if it's suddenly removed. Have a good day and thank you whoever is reading this for taking time out of your day to read so much.

Guest MonsterFish

You really didn't have to go through the effort of formatting and colouring your thread. Don't know if it's cus you just like doing it or something, looks really pretty though, nice job!

And no, there is no way around FNIS, otherwise you're just limiting yourself to vanilla animations.

Also this should be posted in Technical Support. On my phone ATM so I can't link it. I assume an admin or moderator will be along soon to move it. I would write this in a way that paints me as less of a jack ass, but again, phone.

you have both nexus mod manager AND mod organizer? those do the same thing. pick one and toss the other. if you're using MO, read the instructions and look up some of the youtube help things to set it up correctly.

Don't worry about it hun, everyone has to start out someway, no one just starts modding like a god and gets everything working perfectly. Escpecially SexLab.

For starters, the only Skeleton you should be using is "XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended", get rid of the other one.

Only use 1 Mod manager, and I'd recommend using Mod Organizer, it causes less problems (Get rid of Wrye Bash, that thing's ancient). That being said, I'd advise you read up on some tutorials, or watch some videos, it really helps. Trust me

MO S.T.E.P Guide A lot of reading.

If you're lazy and don't wanna read, try Gopher's videos, they could not be more detailed and clear: MO Guide

That being said, remember to install every mod you can with Mod Organizer, especially SexLab and such.

Here's a video specifically on installing FNIS with MO: FNIS Installation instructions 

I know it's a lot to take in, but it does take time, if you're tired of it then take a break. Don't give up though, the end result is worth it, I promise ^^ 

And FNIS. You absolutely need to install FNIS and run it - this isn't one you can skip the description. read the instructions on how to run it after you install it. You have to run it every time to add or subtract a mod that uses animations.

Also, if you don't have it, get LOOT - it will sort your mods for you, tell you if any need cleaned by TES5Edit (a link to TES5Edit and the instructions for use will be provided - if not, they're easily Googled), and let you know if you are missing any dependances.

Wow there's a lot of responses so fast! I wasn't expecting that so I'll start from top to bottom here. 

@MonsterFish I know I didn't but I felt like coloring it would make it easier for people to read. If it's too much I'm sorry about that. I'm also sorry for posting this in the wrong area. I looked at the forum selections and this seemed like the best choice. No worries I don't think you intend to be mean or anything. 

@jfraser yes I have both. I started with Nexus Mod Manager but I heard that Mod Organizer is better so I switched over to it. It is a lot better but unlike NMM the organization of mods is terrible and I don't know how to fix that or organize them yet. 

I kept it though because I thought if you uninstalled it that mods wouldn't install through MO anymore. If that's wrong then I'm sorry I'm still new to this. I have loot installed actually but I guess with my wall of text it could be hard to see sorry. 

I realized after I installed all these things that I have to run it every time I install one mod actually but I was hoping for a way around this... ah well thank you for telling me.  I do have TES5Edit as well but I'm a bit afraid to touch the files or do anything to them as of yet since I don't want to break them or do anything stupid seeing as I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll have to watch more videos on that. 

@mrjuggler thank you, I just got skyrim this xmas and got into modding a week ago so this is all a lot to learn about but I apprechiate everyones comments. I know everyone is a lot more experienced here so I'm sorry for anything I may be doing wrong.

I'll get rid of the other XP32MS mod then. I thought it was an add-on to the other mod. I find a lot of these downloads are confusing and it's hard to tell which one is the proper one to install. 

Most of the helpful vids I've watched for modders I've followed said to use wrye bash but if MO is capable of doing it better I'll get rid of it. 

@DoctaSax sorry about this I hope I didn't cause too much trouble. 

Now that I think about it, the first time I installed FNIS and a few mods that needed it afterwards, I went into game to see if it would work but nothing would happen when I tried to do anything. Eventually I watched a video about it and realized I didn't install it right. So I tried again to re-install it properly, however when the orange box that pops up normally (the FNIS thing) and I pressed the button that updates the mods and stuff it said in the white area of the box that there was an error saying it wasn't installed properly.

I've read some posts that say you should install steam/skyrim and all these mod things into your games folder instead but my steam folder is not in that area. I think that might actually be causing this problem now that I think about it. There was another error too but I can't remember it. 

This is how my folders are: This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Skyrim 

This is how my folders are: This PC > Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Skyrim 

The path is correct, that is how Steam installs Skyrim. Within the Skyrim folder on top level there isn't much to be found if you run the game without any mods. And most mods only add very few files on the top level of the game folder. ENBs are working on that level, SKSE, and protocol files e.g.

But the majority of mods are stored in the 2nd level of the game folder: the DATA folder. Here all your mods must be installed in. Both NMM and MO will store your mods there (in MO you sometimes have to sort the folders of the packed files in the right order, if it is to install correctly). Yet, as it is explained in the guides posted above, your files need to be stored in the data folder.

The models (3D e.g.) are in the meshes-folder, the 2D-textures in the textures folder (skin, clothes e.g.), and so on and so forth. FNIS by itself doesn't have that much files: 3 folders (meshes, scripts, tools) and 2 ESP files. All those files must be installed in the data-folder (of course, the content of the FNIS meshes (e.g.) folder have to stay in that folder and don't need to be put anywhere else).

That is the basic way of Skyrim, with SKSE and mods, is working. If you manage to get vanilla skyrim running, first add FNIS and one test mod. If that works out well, go ahead and add the graphic mods. Than sound, animations e.g. - but don't forget the skeleton. Always keep in mind: trial and error, build your game step by step.

@Swiftstep okay I'll try to disable all of my mods. I think I got around 90+ installed actually so I'll start with the basics and try to build from there, maybe remove them and re-install them and be more careful this time. First though I'll watch as much videos as I can to try and figure things out. Thank you. One thing I have trouble with when it comes to the FNIS installation is finding the "Generate_FNIS_for_Users" thing but maybe once I watch more videos I'll get it. 

@chevyowner I believe I installed that but I'm actually unsure. I've installed so many mods I've actually lost track of what does what and everything which is most likely another problem I have... there's just so much mixed opinions on things and the downloads are always confusing. Perhaps it's best I just delete them all and start over with just SKYSE and SkyUI, then slowly add from there and test out the game with every add on ... but I really didn't want to do that it's so time consuming. 

I do have a question though for anyone reading this. Is it possible to run FNIS and animations that require it with an old save? I know on the page the author says you need to start with a new one but the youtuber I watch called MxR Mods says there's a way around that, and a way to have multiple saves as well. 

Install FNIS with MO, and add it to your EXE list. (I linked the instruction video on my previous post.) You'll be able to run FNIS and patch everything with 3 clicks. And don't be hasty, don't install 90+ mods at once, that's probably what's causing a lot of problems. The key to modding is patience.

Yes, it's possible. Considering the save is relatively clean (Didn't have a shitload of mods constantly added and removed before abandonment). The best way to know is to load it up and test it out, it won't hurt.

You need the SexLab Framework for the animations you're seeking, no exception. Install it.

@chevyowner I believe I installed that but I'm actually unsure. I've installed so many mods I've actually lost track of what does what and everything which is most likely another problem I have... there's just so much mixed opinions on things and the downloads are always confusing. Perhaps it's best I just delete them all and start over with just SKYSE and SkyUI, then slowly add from there and test out the game with every add on ... but I really didn't want to do that it's so time consuming.

Make sure you installed Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework and that your game is loading sexlab.esm.

I decided to just re-do the whole thing including the game itself to make things easier. The situation was too stressful for me to handle so I had to do that to save myself from a nightmare. I removed wrye bash and NMM and will be re-installing MO and TES5Edit since I had to delete them in order to remove all the mods. 

So now I'll start from scratch with the vanilla Skyrim, re-add TES5Edit and MO and LOOT if it was deleted, then go with a clean save using the basic mods, one at a time and go from there. Is there an order of installation anyone would recommend?

I'm thinking of starting off with SKYSE, SkyUI, Legendary Edition patch, some other bug fixes, and doing things like graphic fixes before adding FNIS and all these other things. Would that be a good idea, or would it be better to add FNIS as my first mod before anything else? I also wonder, when would be the best time to add the mod "start a new life" so you can skip the long opening quests and stuff...? 

I believe I did install SexLab actually, but for whatever reason it wasn't showing up in MO. I'm gunna try to follow this guide here to re-set everything up: 

I'll just be using MO then and learn the ways of TES5Edit though I hear it's mainly for mod makers instead of players and that it's better to report to the mod maker so they could fix it for everyone.

I've read the links @mrjuggler sent me and I'm going to watch that video after the one I linked. These links are very helpful thank you. One thing I noticed though is lot of people are saying to install Skyrim and its mods in another area, separate from Program Files, in order to make things less messy. So I'll try their method and see how things go. 

As for the SexLab/FNIS links I'll look into those after I've done all the things mentioned... thank you everyone you've been really helpful and kind. I wasn't execting nice reactions to my post honestly considering the content, but thanks again. Maybe once I've got everything up to speed I'll come back here and report how things went. It's good to see such a supportive community exists out there. :) 

I decided to just re-do the whole thing including the game itself to make things easier. The situation was too stressful for me to handle so I had to do that to save myself from a nightmare. I removed wrye bash and NMM and will be re-installing MO and TES5Edit since I had to delete them in order to remove all the mods. 

So now I'll start from scratch with the vanilla Skyrim, re-add TES5Edit and MO and LOOT if it was deleted, then go with a clean save using the basic mods, one at a time and go from there. Is there an order of installation anyone would recommend?

I'm thinking of starting off with SKYSE, SkyUI, Legendary Edition patch, some other bug fixes, and doing things like graphic fixes before adding FNIS and all these other things. Would that be a good idea, or would it be better to add FNIS as my first mod before anything else? I also wonder, when would be the best time to add the mod "start a new life" so you can skip the long opening quests and stuff...? 

I believe I did install SexLab actually, but for whatever reason it wasn't showing up in MO. I'm gunna try to follow this guide here to re-set everything up: 

I'll just be using MO then and learn the ways of TES5Edit though I hear it's mainly for mod makers instead of players and that it's better to report to the mod maker so they could fix it for everyone.

I've read the links @mrjuggler sent me and I'm going to watch that video after the one I linked. These links are very helpful thank you. One thing I noticed though is lot of people are saying to install Skyrim and its mods in another area, separate from Program Files, in order to make things less messy. So I'll try their method and see how things go. 

As for the SexLab/FNIS links I'll look into those after I've done all the things mentioned... thank you everyone you've been really helpful and kind. I wasn't execting nice reactions to my post honestly considering the content, but thanks again. Maybe once I've got everything up to speed I'll come back here and report how things went. It's good to see such a supportive community exists out there. :)

Well, there's no particular order to install these kind of mods, but whenever I do a fresh install I do just as you mentioned, basic mods first (SKSE, FNIS, TES5Edit, LOOT etc... I like to have everything organized before I start actually installing the mods.), Then graphic, and lastly the mods you wish, such as animations. Glad you're sticking with MO, it's a bit more complicated than NMM but worth it.

TES5Edit isn't just for mod makers, it's a very useful tool all around. There's various tutorials on how to use it to clean ITM (LOOT can detect this, just run it and you'll see the warnings), that can help stabilize your game. 

You're most welcome, I'm glad you enjoy the community, hope you stick around friend :D If you need any help with something, just post it here and we'll help to the best of our abilities.

I've got Mod Organizer back up again, also got SKSE however I have a new problem now. I just got TES5Edit but for some reason it's getting an error: 

Fatal: Could not find ini 

Fatal: Could not open the registry key: SOFTWARE\Bethesda\Softworks'Skyrim

This can happen after steam updates, run the game's launcher to restore registry settings. 

It might have to do with where I installed it and the fact I installed skyrim in a new location: Windows (C:) > Skyrim > Skyrim Programs > TES5Edit 

Skyrim being: Windows (C:) > Skyrim > steamapps > common > Skyrim

But honestly I'm unsure. Does anyone have a clue what it might mean or if it's harmless or not? The only mod I got right now is SKSE and the DLCs so there shouldn't be any trouble... or maybe it's because of that? 

Nevermind, I fixed it by just running the normal game launcher and installing it. 

if like you said you reinstalled the main Skyrim game , you need to run it once to set up basic defaults. Then the other programs will find it no prob. You have to do this any time you reinstall the game.

Also keep Wryebash. It's incredibly powerful and like you mentioned in the OP it catches mod conflicts as well as makes bash patches which you may or not need down the road.

Check out the STEP guide also for tutorials and solid mod installation advice.

I've been following various videos and instructions from different people... but now I have a new problem. 

I got the DLCs and just discovered the Hi-rez texture packs so I downloaded that. I cleaned the DLCs with TES5Edit, got the unofficial legendary patch and unoffical hi rez patches. Also update.esm is cleaned with TES5Edit. I have SkyUI and SKSE, so I decided today I'd set up FNIS (Fores New Idles) before I add anything else. Got the FNIS creatures/spells packs as well. I've tested all my saves for stability and bugs and deleted each one until I found one with nothing wrong with it. 

Back to FNIS. I watched all the videos on the nexus page before installing them and read on various places how to do it. I installed it exactly the way Gopher instructed... but now here's my issue - every time I try to run FNIS, a Mod Organizer box pops up saying: 

Elevation required: This process requires elevation to run. This is a potential security risk so I highly advise you to investigate if "C:\Skyrim\Skyrim Programs\Mod Organizer\mods\Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe"

Start elevated anyway? (you will be asked if you want to allow ModOrganizer.exe to make changes to the system)

This isn't an error per say. I can click yes, accept the system popup, and run FNIS without a problem and make a patch with it. It just... pops up every single time I run the program which can be annoying. I have it set so I run FNIS as administrator every time, but I'm unsure if that has anything to do with it. 

Has anyone else had this issue before? Do ya know how to make it stop popping up every single time? 

Nevermind, solved it by running mod organizer as administrator too. :P 

@rhody1 I've actually signed up on the STEP site and been looking into their lists and such. I've been using their advice along with many others so it's been quite helpful, though I'm unsure if I even need Wrye Bash now. You can make patches using Mod Organizer and that, combined with LOOT tells me if there's a problem or a conflict going on. Honestly Gohpers MO youtube series has helped me greatly to learn how to use everything. 

Hi, 

I noticed that you are using the new USLEEP (unofficial skyrim patches). I couldnt get my animations to run, but when i uninstalled those and reinstalled the old unifficial skyrim patches (skyrim, dawnguard, hearthfires and dragonborn) everything started working again.  The other thing is, you have a lot of mods there, and i would just start with a few and read the mod descriptions and you will have a lot less problems. 

@h4worthy I'm not sure if you've read past my original post but a lot of things have changed. That explains though why my animations aren't working even in game as of now.

FNIS doesn't display any errors and there's no signs of anything wrong... however once I equp the FNIS spells and try to use them on an NPC, either nothing happens or they fall onto their back like a starfish and move around which is pretty hilarious. (I used it on Lydia and died laughing.) But yeah it's a bit disappointing when it doesn't work. The only reason I didn't install all the old ones is cause in the description they said they ended support for those things. 

I don't know how I have a lot of mods? I only have about 6 right now and they are the basics (USLEEP, FNIS + Creature pack + spells pack, SkyUI, SKSE and Unofficial Hi-rez Pack.) I'm going to be adding bug fixes and more basic mods as well, soon. 

Archived