I don't know, author doesn't say what it does and no source available.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing, the Nexus upload is just an enblocal.ini file for use with the new ENB 0.303.  No other code or binaries included with the Nexus download.  Essentially, 2 lines were added to the enblocal.ini that are supposed to control data sync and threading.

I've started using ENB 0.303, but had to leave both new features = 0 or my game stutters/surges.  I use your crash fix v6 with AlignHeapAllocate=0, along with ENB 0.303 for ENBoost (I don't turn on any of the effects).

My game is pretty stable now, though I'm still trying to track down some illusive script lag during SexLab events.  I have long pauses just before stripping, actor alignment and the beginning of the animation.  Just too many scripted mods competing for CPU time in that flimsy scripting engine.

I don't know, author doesn't say what it does and no source available.

it's supposed to optimize the threading model.

i use it in combination with Crash Fixes and it works flawless ... so far as it still needs a longer test so we know what impact it has on savegames.

it might cause stuttering in some areas (usually areas where alot of scripts are running and i means a hell lot of scripts like AiMP, CritterSpawns, DynDOLOD and such) but that's a trade-off that's worth it imo.

WOOT!!!!

ok some quick testing showed me that this is going to be really helpful (providing no long term undiscovered problems).

older/weaker laptop normal skyrim load is load to menu screen, then load qadmoke or abandoned prison (lal start cell) save, then load playing save,

otherwise GAURENTEED CTD.

with this load to menu screen, load playing/testing save.

Did with attached list as is and with adding Frostfall (activated), Devious Regulations, FNIS Sexy Move(6.1), and ME (lal compatible version activated),

and to be fair re-tested with and without this activated 3 times each and results are as stated.

recap without must load QASmoke first or sure CTD.

with go straight to playing/testing.

edit

forgot to mention left all setting of this at default.

ModListLoadOrder.7z

one thing i found, which i'd like to open up for debate.  With large numbers of animations and many of the dd modules installed was having serious trouble with crashes.  the only thing i found to help was tampering with the papyrus settings. currently i'm using:

iMinMemoryPageSize=1024

iMaxMemoryPageSize=16000

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=500000

the first one (iMin) seems to be the critical factor to reducing my ctd on load/zone.

The second and third are probably too large but don't seem to be causing problems.

Has anyone experimented with this? what did others experience?

I'm still chasing some CTD but it's reduced and,  i'm running an older ENB for the moment.

Hey, just wanted to ask if you know anything how to solve FootIK crash problem... I reinstalled XP and FNIS many times, tried uninstalling many mods that affects animations, started few new games with different load orders but nothing helps...

Hey, just wanted to ask if you know anything how to solve FootIK crash problem... I reinstalled XP and FNIS many times, tried uninstalling many mods that affects animations, started few new games with different load orders but nothing helps...

Generally the cure for that is to load a save which it doesn't occur on, then load the offending save. (Yes it's a pain.)

Generally the cure for that is to load a save which it doesn't occur on, then load the offending save. (Yes it's a pain.)

But what to do if it affects new saves as well?

But what to do if it affects new saves as well?

How many animations is FNIS reporting as being registered? If you look at the FNIS nexus page it says that loads tend to CTD more often when the registered animation count gets high. All the the crash fix dll is pointing out is where the problem is sort of located. If the crash fix dll isn't installed it would just CTD anyway.

So I used this and it worked really well for me then i went to bed woke up and loaded my game and it gets pasts the load screen stays dark and tell me to reinstall my skeleton and rerun fnis. which i did and it keeps telling me to do this every time not exactly sure whats going o here.

So I used this and it worked really well for me then i went to bed woke up and loaded my game and it gets pasts the load screen stays dark and tell me to reinstall my skeleton and rerun fnis. which i did and it keeps telling me to do this every time not exactly sure whats going o here.

Well the message box is just sort of an information thing which you wouldn't see if you didn't have the crash fix installed. (i.e. it would just crash to desktop with no warning). Actually I think the message box is a bit too gabby and not really that helpful in its description of the problem.

Anyway for 83.6% of the time the cure is to load a previous save where you don't get the message box, (generally called a start save in common parlance), then after that has loaded,  load the offending save. This has nothing to do with this mod and is generally a 'too many animations for your setup' type thing as pointed out on the FNIS description page which you can look at on the Nexus Skyrim site.  (Also it really isn't FNIS's fault as it's an engine issue - because the engine is crap).

Some advice to maybe add to the main download/first post page, and to anyone else considering removing mods.  You can create structurally correct, but empty, ESP using Wrye Bash.  I use them as spacers when I want to remove a mod without my load order collapsing upwards and changing all the base form ID's.  You can also ESM-ify one of these empty ESP's so you can add it as a spacer in the ESM section of your load order.  Obviously you'll also need to use a script cleaner to remove the old formID's and scripts from your save before trying to load it again.

I wanted to report some of my new findings using this crash fix and and new ENB crash fix they do not seem to be working well together if i disable enb crash fix crash fix for you works fine. but if i disable your crash fix i no longer exporience any the stutter with enb crash fix. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to ctd if I tried to load my save game from the main screen and I'd have to load to the starting dungeon from the live another life mod or qasmoke and then load my save to get around that crash, so I installed this and now when I load from the main menu into my most recent save I crash and get the error "Skyrim has encountered an error setting up FootIK" and it recommends I reinstall XPMSE and run FNIS. I tried that and still get the same crash.

So it seems I still can't load straight into my save, but at least now I'm getting some sort of more precise error report.

Thank you for your fix ! Everything go smooth and btw i want to report that when i install SexLab Animation Loader with some animation packs and Recorder - Standalone Fully Voiced Follower i getting FootIK error.

I used to ctd if I tried to load my save game from the main screen and I'd have to load to the starting dungeon from the live another life mod or qasmoke and then load my save to get around that crash, so I installed this and now when I load from the main menu into my most recent save I crash and get the error "Skyrim has encountered an error setting up FootIK" and it recommends I reinstall XPMSE and run FNIS. I tried that and still get the same crash.

So it seems I still can't load straight into my save, but at least now I'm getting some sort of more precise error report.

Same here, it seems like ever since I installed this Crash Fix mod I'm noticing the FootIK problem. I don't think this is due to Crash Fix, in fact I think the FootIK problem is the issue that most of us have been having for a long time now, but Crash Fix exposes this instead of CTDing like we normally would. With that being said, I don't recall experiencing the FootIK problem until I switched over to the latest SexLab version as well as installing SexLab Anim Loader. So I think the issue lies somewhere between (or both of) those mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it seems that this skyrim mystery hasn't officially been solved yet on other blogs due to the plethora of settings and conflicts Bethesda games can create (by fault of the user of course). My question is:

Has anyone found a probable culprit on the issue where some some people (like myself) always have to start a new game just load an existing saved game in order to avoid ctd. I know there could be a zillion culprits, but just asking if perhaps a particular fix worked for someone who might've had this problem before.  I did all the usual stuff: save game cleaning, script cleaning, checking all mods for conflicts, cleaning dirtty mods, disabling ENB prior to loading game, etc. Papyrus logs were not helpful so I disabled that setting. I've been making quite a few recommended adjustments in the prefs and skyrim.ini files...but no dice yet.

Its more of an annoyance for me only as I haven't had a ctd during gameplay for a long time...yay?  But starting a new game everytime I load up skyrim is a bit of a pain...thank god for alternate start mod.  Any adivce based on personal experience of this issue would greatly be appreciated.

Gracias,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it seems that this skyrim mystery hasn't officially been solved yet on other blogs due to the plethora of settings and conflicts Bethesda games can create (by fault of the user of course). My question is:

Has anyone found a probable culprit on the issue where some some people (like myself) always have to start a new game just load an existing saved game in order to avoid ctd. I know there could be a zillion culprits, but just asking if perhaps a particular fix worked for someone who might've had this problem before.  I did all the usual stuff: save game cleaning, script cleaning, checking all mods for conflicts, cleaning dirtty mods, disabling ENB prior to loading game, etc. Papyrus logs were not helpful so I disabled that setting. I've been making quite a few recommended adjustments in the prefs and skyrim.ini files...but no dice yet.

Its more of an annoyance for me only as I haven't had a ctd during gameplay for a long time...yay?  But starting a new game everytime I load up skyrim is a bit of a pain...thank god for alternate start mod.  Any adivce based on personal experience of this issue would greatly be appreciated.

Gracias,

The new threading patches in ENBoost (as of version 0.303 I think) help a LOT with that issue.

I was getting lots of crashes during loading of a save game too and Foot IK error and sometimes Creature Framework Api error.

Then i uninstalled footprints mod and creature framework and now my every single save loads without crashing or FootIk error.

Im not sure which one of those 2 is the real reason for this. Creature framework is still something im trying to get rid of completely (its still spamming my papyrus log even after uninstall and cleaning save with the tool) but other then that game is really stable now with those 2 mods gone.