have you tried hitting the female with matchmaker first?

Yh I tested this just now and this put them in the right actor position though.

That still leaves me to wonder though why some methods work with getting the actors in the right role and some don't...if I recall correctly I almost never had this problem with the animations that came with Sexlab itself or NSAP. 

Is this just a problem that comes with the way SLAL works or am I specifically forgetting something in my code is what I'm wondering.

My guess is it would be how SLAL translates the json to game. I mean your code is absolutely fine. If there was an issue it wouldn't play either animations. 

You say other animators don't have this problem. What methods are they doing that's different from yours? Have you asked?

have you tried hitting the female with matchmaker first?

Yh I tested this just now and this put them in the right actor position though.

That still leaves me to wonder though why some methods work with getting the actors in the right role and some don't...if I recall correctly I almost never had this problem with the animations that came with Sexlab itself or NSAP. 

Is this just a problem that comes with the way SLAL works or am I specifically forgetting something in my code is what I'm wondering.

My guess is it would be how SLAL translates the json to game. I mean your code is absolutely fine. If there was an issue it wouldn't play either animations. 

You say other animators don't have this problem. What methods are they doing that's different from yours? Have you asked?

Well I haven't done extensive testing (it's been a while since the last time I actually played Skyrim)

But when I used leito's threesome animations it always gave me the right actor positions, regardless of what mod I used to activate them; then again it could be because they were still from your NSAP pack...

Well at least I know it's not my code then, that's a little reassurance.

he said "animations", not "animators".

for me the problem effects all SLAL multi-actor (3 or more) animations and animations with multiple Creatures, the NPCs need to be activated in the right order or they will be assigned to the wrong actor slots.

for me the problem effects all SLAL multi-actor (3 or more) animations and animations with multiple Creatures, the NPCs need to be activated in the right order or they will be assigned to the wrong actor slots.

My bad. It is small text on my phone, heh.

My bad. It is small text on my phone, heh.

[snip]

Well I haven't done extensive testing (it's been a while since the last time I actually played Skyrim)

But when I used leito's threesome animations it always gave me the right actor positions, regardless of what mod I used to activate them; then again it could be because they were still from your NSAP pack...

Well at least I know it's not my code then, that's a little reassurance.

After looking at the SLAL scripts, I had a theory. But I suck at scripts and don't want to embarrass myself with "theories".

My character has been pulled into threesomes in-game and I think most of the time I am in the female/victim role but that's just based on memory. Might be best if you ask your followers who use your pack (if you haven't already done so). But as I said, your code is correct and the json output looks correct for what it's translating. If anything, i think it may be in the SLAL script and maybe how it handles the aniamtions into Sexlab; SLAL was last updated March 2016 and SexLab June 2016 so maybe something changed?

Sorry I'm no help. One day I'll understand scripts better when I actually start trying to learn coding in general. ><

• 1 month later...

How do you do this? Sorry I don't know how to link to a certain part of a post.

"Install each pack one by one. If you use Mod Organizer, the should be installed as a proirity below SLAL"

In Mod Organizer it is downloaded on my right pane but I don't know how to install it under SLAL? (especially as a priority?)

I've been all over Google trying to get FB animation pack to load but I think I just screwed myself. So while I fix my uh oh, can anyone explain to a pleb how to install new animation packs? c: Thaaaaanks

How do you do this?

Hi. If you have all the mods to run animations (Sexlab, FNIS, Sexlab anim loader etc) and packs you want installed just open mod configuration menu ingame (you can find it if you press Escape during a game (not in main menu))  find SL Anim Loader > select animation pack > check animations you want and press "Register animations"

post-972038-0-80118000-1496814467_thumb.jpg

and it must work. IF you have all required mods and dont forget to run FNIS every time you install/uninstall mods or animation packs.

How do you do this?

Hi. If you have all the mods to run animations (Sexlab, FNIS, Sexlab anim loader etc) and packs you want installed just open mod configuration menu ingame (you can find it if you press Escape during a game (not in main menu))  find SL Anim Loader > select animation pack > check animations you want and press "Register animations"

and it must work. IF you have all required mods and dont forget to run FNIS every time you install/uninstall mods or animation packs.

Okay so I when I'm installing the mod (animation pack) from the right panel (downloads), I don't have to install in into SLAL mod somehow? Instead I just install like any other mod? (with FNIS generation of course).

Also, thanks for the help!

Okay so I when I'm installing the mod (animation pack) from the right panel (downloads), I don't have to install in into SLAL mod somehow? Instead I just install like any other mod? (with FNIS generation of course).

Also, thanks for the help!

Hi. Yes you dont need to install animation packs into SLAL mod. You install animations packs just like any other mod. SL anim loader is a tool to activate animation packs ingame.

Hey Guys, first of all, thank you for this great guide!

Now i have a question, is it possible to add an object to a scene that is not tied to an actor?

When i add it like this for example "actor1=Female(object="objectName")" it is tied to the actor, and if i move the actor for positioning, the object also moves, which is fine if the animation was made for that object, but it isn't in my case, so i want the object to just stay in zero position. Is this possible?

Also, i know of the commands that are mentioned in the guide, but lately i have seen other stuff that people write in their packs, for example footIK off and so on, so that made me wonder is there a list or something with all the possible commands that SLAL understands?

One thing that I personally would love for example would be to change animation speed on an actor/stage basis. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with installing packs. Im a MO user. I have sl framework and jc containers installed along with sl anim loader. All update. Fnis,skse update. I installed loader and then a leito pack. Fnis says it see them and reports no problem. When i go in game mcm for sl animation loader is empty with no options/tabs. Any help would be great

here is my fnis report

FNIS Behavior V6.1   6/25/2017 7:42:52 PM

Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading AnimationsByLeito V1.0 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Aggressive V1.0 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...
Reading AnimationsByLeito_Furniture V1.0 ...
Reading FNISBase V6.1 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V7.00  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
mt_behavior usage: 22.1 %   ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations)
0_master usage: 5.2 %   ( 0 paired, 0 kill, 80 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 16 total groups: 30 added file slots: 170 alternate files: 164

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

3012 animations for 11 mods successfully included (character)
 527 animations for 2 mods and 19 creatures successfully included.

0 possible consistence issues

I have a problem with installing packs. Im a MO user. I have sl framework and jc containers installed along with sl anim loader. All update. Fnis,skse update. I installed loader and then a leito pack. Fnis says it see them and reports no problem. When i go in game mcm for sl animation loader is empty with no options/tabs. Any help would be great

here is my fnis report

FNIS Behavior V6.1 6/25/2017 7:42:52 PM

Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones) male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading AnimationsByLeito V1.0 ...

Reading AnimationsByLeito_Aggressive V1.0 ...

Reading AnimationsByLeito_Furniture V1.0 ...

Reading FNISBase V6.1 ...

Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...

Reading SexLab V1.62 ...

Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...

Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...

Reading XPMSE V6.1 ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

Reading ZaZAnimationPack V7.00 ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

mt_behavior usage: 22.1 % ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations)

0_master usage: 5.2 % ( 0 paired, 0 kill, 80 alternate animations)

Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 16 total groups: 30 added file slots: 170 alternate files: 164

Create Creature Behaviors ...

Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

3012 animations for 11 mods successfully included (character)

527 animations for 2 mods and 19 creatures successfully included.

0 possible consistence issues

I had load order problem. Sexlab Framework was above SOS. I moved SLF under SOS. Now SLF is showing/finding animations.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there all.

I really love slal but lately it's been corrupting my save header. 

I have far below the 300 creature and 300 human animations for sexlab 1.62 but it's still doing it. 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

I'm currently having the same issue. I'm far from the 500 animations limit on SL, and if i do register all my animaton packs the new save gets corrupted. Not even Save Cleaner can read them.

Hi there all.

I have far below the 300 creature and 300 human animations for sexlab 1.62 but it's still doing it. 

I'm currently having the same issue. I'm far from the 500 animations limit on SL, and if i do register all my animaton packs the new save gets corrupted. Not even Save Cleaner can read them.

Hi there Leirisal!

After a little bit of research I found that the save isn't actually being corrupted. 

Do you have Crash Fix Plugin?

If you do what's happening is this; Each new animation adds Script Strings to the save. Once you get over 64k strings the save becomes corrupted. HOWEVER if you have Crash Fix Plugin it will automatically allow your saves to go over 64k strings with a max of 2bil or something. 

This is a good thing!

However Save Cleaner can't read these saves because it's not designed to read saves with higher than 64k strings.

Download Fallrim tools. It's alot like Save Cleaner but much newer and updated. 

Then load up your save in Fallrim Tools. It should still read it.

Long story short your saves aren't corrupted, but once you add a certain number of animations (And you have Crash Fix Plugin), it can't be read by older save cleaner programs and you need Fallrim Tools to read it. 

Fallrim Tools: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2885-fallrimtools-script-cleaner-and-more/

Crash Fix Plugin: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

Hope this helps. 

Hi there all.

Hi there Leirisal!

After a little bit of research I found that the save isn't actually being corrupted. 

If you do what's happening is this; Each new animation adds Script Strings to the save. Once you get over 64k strings the save becomes corrupted. HOWEVER if you have Crash Fix Plugin it will automatically allow your saves to go over 64k strings with a max of 2bil or something. 

This is a good thing!

However Save Cleaner can't read these saves because it's not designed to read saves with higher than 64k strings.

Long story short your saves aren't corrupted, but once you add a certain number of animations (And you have Crash Fix Plugin), it can't be read by older save cleaner programs and you need Fallrim Tools to read it. 

Fallrim Tools: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2885-fallrimtools-script-cleaner-and-more/

Hope this helps. 

Oh, That makes so much sense now.

I'm going to install that plugin asap.

Thank you so much for the help :D

Hi there all.

Hi there Leirisal!

This is a good thing!

Hope this helps. 

Oh, That makes so much sense now.

I'm going to install that plugin asap.

Thank you so much for the help biggrin.png

No problem!

• 3 weeks later...

So i tried to modify a Json file and add animation adjustements like in the file below here. Im wondering. What did i do wrong?  When i modified the file they wont show up at all in the mcmenu ingame.

Im kinda just guessing how to add the adjustments.

Does anyone have any Json files anywhere that adjust positions that i could take a look at to see how they do it?

The guide posted here is not very clear how to do it. If i could just see a json file with some adjustments i could figure it out.

edit: problaby figured it out.

its suppose to be

"id": "sap_stand_a3",
        "up": -10

So i tried to modify a Json file and add animation adjustements like in the file below here. Im wondering. What did i do wrong?  When i modified the file they wont show up at all in the mcmenu ingame.

attachicon.gif3jiou.json

Im kinda just guessing how to add the adjustments.

Does anyone have any Json files anywhere that adjust positions that i could take a look at to see how they do it?

The guide posted here is not very clear how to do it. If i could just see a json file with some adjustments i could figure it out.

Nearly every other SLAL Pack here has them so lock into their json files,

but i would suggest don't use the json files in the first place for it, modify the source files and then go through rebuilding the pack

but i would suggest don't use the json files in the first place for it, modify the source files and then go through rebuilding the pack

Hard to check the source file when i dont have it :D

I could use help with one thing.

when an animation looks like this from a source file

Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "bla_Stand_b1", -2, up = -1.5, side = -7.5, sos = -1)

it will look something like this in the json file

{

"id": "bla_stand_b1",

???? -2

"up": -1.5,

"side": -7.5,

"sos": -1

},

i cant figure out how to add the beginning

this part. ???? -2

I dont know what -2 is suppose to stand for? how is the line suppose to look like in the json file?

Thanks for checking in :D

the problem with that idea is that not all SLAL Packs come with there source file, so that makes editing the JSON the only way to go.

{

???? -2

},

this part. ???? -2

I dont know what -2 is suppose to stand for? how is the line suppose to look like in the json file?

it's literally the same thing like ingame when you use sexlab to adjust the positions   "up": -1.5,  or "up":  1.5, will change the actor up or down. So you can adjust the animations ingame, write down the values and add them into the json file, should do the deal

"type": "Female"

},

{

"stages": [

{

"id": "xxxxxx_A2_S1",

"side": 2.5,

"strap_on": true

will change the female actor to the left or right, not sure which side.

{

???? -2

},

this part. ???? -2

it's literally the same thing like ingame when you use sexlab to adjust the positions   "up": -1.5,  or "up":  1.5, will change the actor up or down. So you can adjust the animations ingame, write down the values and add them into the json file, should do the deal

"type": "Female"

},

{

"stages": [

{

"id": "xxxxxx_A2_S1",

"side": 2.5,

"strap_on": true

will change the female actor to the left or right, not sure which side.

Dont know if i misunderstood your answer but still dont get what the -2 in my question is suppose to stand for. it doesnt mention if its up or down or forward or whats its suppose to be.

its -2 then "up=-1,5" then its "side=-7.5" then "sos=-1". That line tells what each of the numbers stand for but not what -2 is suppose to be?

Thanks for your time :D