TO THE PACK MAKERS

It has been pointed out to me that some of you have moved away from conventional tagging and started adding your own tags, tags which none of the other mods use or tags which are already used but spelt differently.

When crating your packs and adding tags, are you guys using the defined tag lists or just making them up? When you add new tags (I think one I saw on Tweens for example was "AirCum") is there a reason why you are adding tags like these? What is your thought process? How do you think this tag will be utilized by a modder? Is there a more appriopiate tag already? Is the tag required?

Adding tags can be useful, but it can also be messy. Throwing tags about mean the mod author may not know which is the best tag to use, and too many individual or unique tags for one sole animation makes the mod author's job harder as they need to pile through a number of different animation packs looking for a number of different tags so their mod will grab all the available and required animations. This results in the off chance your animation doesn't get use and gets lost withng the hundreds of animations out there.

At somepoint we will need to set up a group chat to discuss this. Some people have raised concerns that packs are no uniform; it was one of the fears people had when I stopped using NSAP that the uniform tagging system worked on by a handful of people would get lost.

Tags are really important and before adding them, we need to think:

are they nessessary?

are they required?

why am I adding it?

what am I looking to acheive?

is their another tag more appropiate?

how will it affect modders?

I got that from the sslAnimationDefaults:

function fdMMasturbation(int id)

sslBaseAnimation Base = Create(id)

Base.Name = "4uDIK Male Masturbation"

int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Male, addCum=Anal)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "4D_MaleSolo_A1_S1", 0, sos = 3)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "4D_MaleSolo_A1_S2", 0, sos = 3)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "4D_MaleSolo_A1_S3", 0, sos = 3)

Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "4D_MaleSolo_A1_S4", 0, sos = 3)

Base.SetTags("4D,4uDIK,Sex,Solo,Hands,Penis,Masturbation,Beds,Laying,Lying,OnBack,AirCum,Dirty,MM")

Base.Save(id)

endFunction

I apologize for the mistake.  I will take that out.

As far as a chat group... count me in.  The more standardized group of tags that we have, the easier it will be to use them.

I actually went through the animations for SexLab Framework, MNC, and NSAP to gather all the tags they used in preparation for my pack.

I posted the findings here.

CPU chimed in with a google doc but it wasn't all that fleshed out in terms of categories.  (The way I organized the tags is different but that's due to me not knowing about the doc and laziness to change the post) 

I actually went through the animations for SexLab Framework, MNC, and NSAP to gather all the tags they used in preparation for my pack.

CPU chimed in with a google doc but it wasn't all that fleshed out in terms of categories.  (The way I organized the tags is different but that's due to me not knowing about the doc and laziness to change the post) 

Good job, Leito!

I now have that bookmaked and followed.  Nice breakdown too.  :)

Good job, Leito!

I now have that bookmaked and followed.  Nice breakdown too.  :)

That's a great list Leito!

And Tweens, it's not about taking stuff out, it's about understand what it's meant for. As for tags, we use to have an issue (as CPU would use an example) of people having different ways to tag the doggy style position: doggystyle, doggy style, doggy-style, doggy, etc.

And Tweens, it's not about taking stuff out, it's about understand what it's meant for. As for tags, we use to have an issue (as CPU would use an example) of people having different ways to tag the doggy style position: doggystyle, doggy style, doggy-style, doggy, etc.

Aircum made perfect sense to me with it being on masturbation anims.  I really did want the cum in the air..... lol.  

I'm still learning; but I really did try to use tags that I felt were appropriate.  I will also admit that I didn't take the time I probably should have.  So much else needed doing...... :blush:

Now, with Leito's list, I will set aside some time and go through my tags.

Aircum made perfect sense to me with it being on masturbation anims.  I really did want the cum in the air..... lol.  

I'm still learning; but I really did try to use tags that I felt were appropriate.  I will also admit that I didn't take the time I probably should have.  So much else needed doing...... :blush:

Now, with Leito's list, I will set aside some time and go through my tags.

I mean I understand now what it means by AirCum. Somehow, I was thinking "How does one cum in air? Is it floating? Flying? Taking a trip to Oblivion?"

I mean I understand now what it means by AirCum. Somehow, I was thinking "How does one cum in air? Is it floating? Flying? Taking a trip to Oblivion?"

LOL.. to CUM.... to Oblivion and beyond....... Oh, I want to experience one of those..... :lol:

I gave this a bit of thought and I have a question.

My animations are specialty and are only used by those that want them.  If I tag them as MM, gay, etc., which I would need to do if they where in a general pack, then what about mods that don't make those calls, or exclude based on those tags?  Anyone using my pack would want the animations to play in most instances, at least I assume they would.... I do.  So I tend to tag with the idea of what the animation is doing, laying, standing, kissing, etc.  and avoid the more gender specific tags so as not to have them excluded.

I guess my biggest problem is that I don't know what mods are making what calls and what tags would be most appropriate. 

Still here, no pack today.  Getting everything ready for work trip next week.  I think the hotel offers wi-fi...at $13/day.  So that isn't happening.

Just came through and wanted to say thanks for your work. I've read the guide, but no idea if i'd be able to use these animations without your help. And of course thanks to Rydin and all the animators as well, i just guess you here a 'thank you' more often than Forerunner :):heart:

I've have a request. So I decided I would like to try my hand at creating an animation pack so I started reading various tutorials and thought to myself that I can totally do this. I got as far as downloading 3ds max and the custom M+F rig someone made for animating in sexlab before running into a huge snag. I can't for the life of me find the havok control tools everyone is talking about, apparently discontinued. Messing around 3ds max I found that I really like animating tho, and I think I'm pretty decent at it.

So, my request. Could someone please provide me with a way of obtaining HCT or would an already established animator who has a working copy of 3ds max 2012 and HCT be willing to take a collection of .max file animations and finish the export process for me, perhaps even packing them for the community? Worth a shot.

Just a slew of hetero M+F stuff, nothing weird.

Another option is providing me with a decent blender tutorial and maybe a prerigged skeleton. I'd be willing to give that a try.

Back.  Looks like...I've got 7 or so to throw in and test.  Probably sunday-ish new one will be up.

Such a workaholic :P, Away from loverslab work you have RL work, and away from RL work you have loverslab work. Take a break now and then, we appreciate your efforts compiling them but you gotta take it easy too :)

After installing a few packs I got 34 inconsistentcies in FNIS regarding duplicate animations. As I seem to remember from long ago, this isn't too serious. Is it? Should I try to do something about it?

Remove the packs that have animations already in NSAP.

After installing a few packs I got 34 inconsistentcies in FNIS regarding duplicate animations. As I seem to remember from long ago, this isn't too serious. Is it? Should I try to do something about it?

Thanks,that was a good idea.

Installation requires SLAL with esp file. You put in the same folder as the SLAL?

I have just tried it again to be sure. I have SLAL and had no problems with the other packs, but FNIS does not see this pack for some reason and it isn't in the generator read out.

Witch packs are the once already in nsap ? it gets confusing the more packs you add too the list. Even though the new packs contain allot of new animations some of the old once are also included with the new once so removing 1 pack will also remove some animations nsap not having ??

is there a way to start out nude on skyrim can you please help ? i am looking for is a mod that removes the starting clothes from your character when you start a new game, or makes it to where you don't start with them at all .....

Not sure why you'd want to have a mod for this, using up a plugin slot, when a little console trickery will do the job without much effort.

Option 1 (nudity without property loss): While in CharGen, open the console by typing the "~" key (without the quotation marks), then type "player.unequipall" and hit enter. Hey presto, your toon is nude, but all items are still left in your inventory.

Option 2 (nudity and full property loss): While in CharGen, open the console as above, then type "player.removeallitems", hit enter, and everything will be unequipped and deleted from your inventory.

Witch packs are the once already in nsap ? it gets confusing the more packs you add too the list. Even though the new packs contain allot of new animations some of the old once are also included with the new once so removing 1 pack will also remove some animations nsap not having ??

Read the second post on this thread.

Installation requires SLAL with esp file. You put in the same folder as the SLAL?

I have just tried it again to be sure. I have SLAL and had no problems with the other packs, but FNIS does not see this pack for some reason and it isn't in the generator read out.

Whats FNIS version?

Whats FNIS version?

FNIS 6.2. It is odd as there was no problem with the others.

Hi since i cant really find any answer I will ask here to see if this has been answered before.

I'm testing to have a new setup with human, creature and devious gameplay. 

From what I've gathered, this will and i think it is already exceeding the new sexlab framework 375 animations limit - as one extra animation will corrupt new save file.

But what I dont get is how the animations are add up to exceed this new limit.

I've already tried to be selective and NSAP only shows 203 animations registered with 53 from NSAP.

The rest come from sexlab default and SLAL (only partially checked for both)

so if creature and human each have 375 animations, I dont get how I can exceed this limit already???

does the animations bundled in specific mods like defeat, deviously cursed loot count as permanent slot holder?

I've only have roughly 20 or so creature animations selected from what I am able to see.

I am must be missing some detail how animation totals are calculated.

I don't think it's about the limit you have in SexLab, I think it's about the amount of animations or HKX files registered to the game. Such as even if you have mods that allow you 400 animations and you only actively register 200 into SexLab, there is still a pool of 200 unsed aniamtions reigstered in via FNIS sitting unused in your game's save file.

SexLab's limit of 375 is only SexLab's personal limit to how it view them within the mod. But the game system could have a hidden count and may be limited to holding so much data in it's system and saves. The corruption may not even be due to a limit, it could be due to bad data or a data limit, not an animation limit.

These are just theories as I have no exact answer for you but it makes logical guess at why the saves get corrupt. I have realized one of my saves is corrupt on a heavily modded game. I haven't had any issues going forward, I just cannot do a quick reload but I can load fine. But I haven't been affected by it. I am unsure how it will affect me until I see it but I have decided to restart my games to clean some things up so I guess I'll need to keep an eye on it.

If you do a quick google search on corrupt save, you will see other people have reported corrupt saves for at least the last 3-4 years (I saw a steam post in 2012) so again I do not think it's just about SexLab and animations. I honestly beleive it's something to do with the amount of data, scripts and files pushed into a single game rather than the amount of animation compared to a limit.

EDIT: I have just loaded a save game that doesn't have SLAL installed and even that save is corrupt. So I think it's fair to say there is more at work here corrupting games than solely SLAL.