Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

This is amazing, just great work, both tool coding and art!   

I still have some questions:

1.   I havent tested this out in game so far, but I noticed that Femalebody_n and Femalebody_s are just black    is due to alpha release?  or is is something with my photoshop? (I heard some Intel .dds plugin went online, I use same old nvidia dds plugin)

2.    I want to start texturing immediately, is uv layout FINAL?   or are there some minor changes expected?

3.    I like how dense meshes are, however "some" bodyparts would definitely deserve more modeling detail (you know which parts do I mention :D  )  

Especially I am 100% sure everyone here would appreciate actually modeled vaginal lips with all bells and whistles ready to animate,   as well as belly button.  I think it should be done  when custom skeletons are thing, properly by Caliente or Cell, so there are no problems with third party mods and workarounds.

4.   Noticed that in torso sliders category literally every slider makes character more fat,   (as a creator of "the perfect body" mod you can see I like accentuated ribs, and slim/muscular belly.    I really suggest you to check how some fit belly shapes, and add maybe two sliders to make obliques (muscles left and right from abbs)  actually more forward abbs   check this reference image     and some sliders to make body less wide (similar to ribs remove surgery effect)

5.    I am really new to sliders/weight painting,   It wouldn't be problem for me at all to edit body in some 3d software, but if I would create custom sliders (referring to point 4.)  would they be working on clothes?  or I would have to create them literally for every clothes model? (that would be pain)

6.   As mentioned in point 1. there is or is not normal map.   I guess body has enough poly to hold up without normal map, but are planned some normal maps alternatives?    In my mod someone liked aggregated ribs in normal, but many guys used normal maps variations, I think it would be worth to add three main normal map versions.   I guess I can sculpt those details in zbrush to match my tastes, but normal map options for public version are essential

7.   Make sure to take advantage of ussual-clean body and dirty body differentiation in engine.   There is one guy who created custom slot for normals in dirty body textures for making my mod work  He also created "unique player body" which is rally good,  implementation of this should not be forgotten.

8.    Is it ok for me to create custom addons for this mod?   different textures, modifications etc...   I will add original cbbe into file requirements so everyone will be directed to original cbbe nexus mod source.

I hope my feedback helps, I think it is very important to make solid base for all mods that will build on cbbe body files

Thanks very much for the feedback :)   

1. The normal map and specular map are in BC5 unorm format, which the nvidia plugin for photoshop doesn't support.  I used visual studio to convert them from rgb to that, but I hear the intel plugin https://gametechdev.github.io/ITW-Beta-Test/ works very well.  
  2. Yep, the UV layout should be considered final.  Should pressures of the universe cause me to change, I'd have to repaint all my textures too and I really don't wanna.:)  Texture away!
  3. Modeling genitalia is sort of outside my area of expertise, I'm sure nearly any artist would do better at that than me.  :)  Also, I'd like to move toward support of geometry patches with the body mod -- separate meshes that merge with the main mesh seamlessly and don't necessarily share the same UV space.  No reason this couldn't work, and would allow for greater customization and detail in that area than simply adding a few more verts would allow.
  4. I made an attempt at modeling in some finer detail (like musculature), but found that without a supporting normal map the results weren't overly great.  Creating a  slider with greater muscle definition is easy, but some time needs to be spent with custom normal maps to make the effect work well.  I'll definitely look at this for an area of improvement though;  fit and muscular is a shape somewhat lacking with the current selection of sliders!
  5. The point of outfit studio (coming soon-ish with the full release) is to allow you to conform clothing and outfits to mesh changes.  So the workflow is to edit the body shape in a slider (either externally and import a mesh file, or with the sculpting tools) then use a conform operation to apply those changes to an outfit.  It's extremely fast and fairly accurate assuming the outfit isn't too low poly to support the shape.
  6. Yep, there's a normal map. It's tangent space so it's mainly for high frequency details.  Ir's good for the crevices and peaks of muscles but not so much for the overall curve of them... it takes a little sculpting and a little normal mapping to get good detail like you want I think...  and I'm hoping to make improvements where I can:)  But, if you sculpt in zbrush, the tangent normals it exports work after conversion to bc5
  7. Yeah, that's something I will look into! thanks:)
  8. Of course it's okay to make addons :D  I'll try to help make it easier where I can !

Again, thanks for the feedback! 

Have you started your own WIP thread on here yet Caliente?

Might be good idea so you'd be OP and could put latest revision on first post for new folks. 

Looks awesome cant wait for armor compatibility.

I haven't , but I probably should... but won't have time till later this evening, thanks for the suggestion!

The hand seam is hardly noticeable specially with gloves, should be an easy fix.  With the neck, I can't tell if its the maps or not but color seems just a bit off from head.

@Sunshaft   I use Gimp 2.0 for complex editing and paint.net for ez/quick edits.   Both of these have dds plugins that handle anything i throw at em.

The hand seam is hardly noticeable specially with gloves, should be an easy fix.  With the neck, I can't tell if its the maps or not but color seems just a bit off from head.

@Sunshaft   I use Gimp 2.0 for complex editing and paint.net for ez/quick edits.   Both of these have dds plugins that handle anything i throw at em.

GIMP and Paint.net can't handle the format of normal and specular maps of Fallout 4. Diffuse will work mostly fine.

You'll need Visual Studio to convert back and forth, or Photoshop with Intel's plugin.

First of all nice job Caliente and co. i made a fast before and after picture, from the normal nudes currently, i guess u might see the difference

http://postimg.org/image/wosaz8s33/- Normal Nude [No Caliente] 

http://postimg.org/image/phd5in59l/-  CBBE Slim Body Little bit Changed with your BodySlide which worked with no issues so far

http://postimg.org/image/ov7x6k2gr/- Sideview of your CBBE Slim Body

http://postimg.org/image/iv10fcwur/- CBBE in Rain Wet Effect on Lights

http://postimg.org/image/kka3nfck3/- CBBE on Rain Wet Effect (Less Light effect)

Many thanks for the fine work!  I do have a question though.. Are there plans to add some jiggle to them?  In skyrim I was using HDT and managed to "break" the breast bones so they simply swung loose and moved with my body motions.  Not exactly sure how I did it... was just replacing .nif files til I got the desired results.  They would only swing but so low so it worked out.  Thanks again and keep up the hard work!

post-18879-0-71033100-1449789296_thumb.jpg

post-18879-0-87716100-1449789314_thumb.jpg

GIMP and Paint.net can't handle the format of normal and specular maps of Fallout 4. Diffuse will work mostly fine.

You'll need Visual Studio to convert back and forth, or Photoshop with Intel's plugin.

I already created a normal and specular map for a Fallout 4 mod in Gimp. Gimp can export normal and specular maps in the correct format without problems.

Many thanks for the fine work!  I do have a question though.. Are there plans to add some jiggle to them?  In skyrim I was using HDT and managed to "break" the breast bones so they simply swung loose and moved with my body motions.  Not exactly sure how I did it... was just replacing .nif files til I got the desired results.  They would only swing but so low so it worked out.  Thanks again and keep up the hard work!

I guess as long as GECK isnt out yet, theres no chance in Jiggle or HDT effects i guess, since took also some years for Skyrim to get HDT or JiggleJiggle effects, so maybe waiting till GECK is released (Creation Kit)

The color being off on the head is in the base game meshes as well as far as I can tell. Its subtle, but it is there.

Does the CBBE Body (and the one from BodySlide) overwrite the weight-settings made in the character-creation, or do they get applied on the body? 

I am also curious about this. Will the Muscular/Thin/Large triangle settings affect the base body created in Bodyslide, or does the Bodyslide body override anything that the triangle does?

was really hoping this would come out soon, never had a doubt tho, always loved this body for skyrim and now ill be able to use it in fallout.. never play male characters so staring at this body will be even more pleasing as i stomp through the wasteland. many thanks and keep up the great work

Amazing, thanks a lot, i was testing it, besides the high poly count, everything was fine, of course some clipping etc, but the model itself is 100% for me.

For the outfits, you guys are going to make the BS setup with the original poly count or will be subdivided?

The only funny part is that using busty the model appear a little strange, i think the best way is to use F4 vanilla setup and them adjust it, so the triangle deform will not be bad, now everyone (besides cait) is with clothes on, so this is not a problem.

CBBE team, i love you all, thanks!

Does the CBBE Body (and the one from BodySlide) overwrite the weight-settings made in the character-creation, or do they get applied on the body? 

I am also curious about this. Will the Muscular/Thin/Large triangle settings affect the base body created in Bodyslide, or does the Bodyslide body override anything that the triangle does?

The triangle change bones, so there is not much problem as far i could see.

Like i said in my other post, i think the best way to prevent the triangle work fine, is to use F4 vanilla setup in BS, and adjust it.

I guess as long as GECK isnt out yet, theres no chance in Jiggle or HDT effects i guess, since took also some years for Skyrim to get HDT or JiggleJiggle effects, so maybe waiting till GECK is released (Creation Kit)

I think that replacing meshes and textures has nothing to do with GECK, as far as the mod don´t use a ".esp" file, and even that, there are already lots of mods with plugin .esp files out there, I don´t know how they do that, if they use Skyrim CK or what tool for creating plugins for F4.

I am really curious what modders can do when GECK is finally out... :heart:

BTW, big thanks for Caliente&Co. for CBBE replacer, as is in alpha state, I have found only one "bug", in first person the hands shows the ugly brown textures, but I saw that there´s not a 1stPersonFemaleHand mesh in the current release, so the vanilla 1stHands are using CBBE textures (I supose...)

Archived