Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Hello, just pitching in here to say that while I find both Skyrim and Fallout 4 mediocre games in general I've always enjoyed having fun with BodySlide and trying to make somewhat muscular female body.. well, now with Fallout 4 we can actually have amazionian brutes and it is one main factor that'll keep me booting up Fallout 4 from time to time, that and the fact I can still enjoy the game as some sort of a Borderlands-esque spin-off (please, nobody be offended by this, that is just my opinion).

What I'm trying to say is that for an alpha release, this is impressive! That neck seam/gap will no doubt be fixed but I am curious about that forearm thickness being adjusted because right now both male and female models even with 100% of muscle the forearms barely change, it's just more noticable on female characters and even more noticable with current CBBE when the arms are set anything chubby in the bodyslide. Hoping to see it fixed sometime in the future because having strong upper arms but thin and weak forearms is just plain silly.

Thanks again Caliente.  That was very cool to release an early version here on LL exclusively.  Means a lot.  I hope everyone here appreciates it and respects your request by keeping it here and not elsewhere.  Would hate to lose early access from you or other mod authors because some can't extend the common courtesy.

Thanks very much all!  

On the issue of proportion,  the overall length of the torso (shoulder to crotch) is more or less dictated by the size of the vanilla body.   Otherwise animations get very strange as centers of rotation no longer line up with where joints are in the skeleton.  (also note that the top of the body model is about midway up the neck-- the shoulders are  closer to the bottom of the neck hole). The length proportions within the torso are more or less made to line up with the classic "Ideal Proportions" as commonly attributed to Andrew Loomis.  for this case, the distance from the crotch to the navel is the same as the distance from the navel to the nipple.   

But, there's a lot of variation in bodies, so the ideal proportions don't fit every one, nor are they really all that desirable on their own.  Things like the "breast Height" slider hopefully help with that, and I'm thinking that a waist height slider might be another good add.  chest depth and width possibly too as ways to add some weight to the top of the body outside of just boobs :)  Anyway, thanks very much for suggestions, I'm always hoping to improve where I can! :)

Just look for xp32 skeleton over the skyrim vanilla one, the proportions are very different indeed, i think cbbe have the best proportion ever, and with bs all tastes can be made.

Waist height and chest slider will be amazing, really a nice touch.

Can't wait for OS :)

Thanks one more time!

Thanks very much all!  

On the issue of proportion,  the overall length of the torso (shoulder to crotch) is more or less dictated by the size of the vanilla body.   Otherwise animations get very strange as centers of rotation no longer line up with where joints are in the skeleton.  (also note that the top of the body model is about midway up the neck-- the shoulders are  closer to the bottom of the neck hole). The length proportions within the torso are more or less made to line up with the classic "Ideal Proportions" as commonly attributed to Andrew Loomis.  for this case, the distance from the crotch to the navel is the same as the distance from the navel to the nipple.   

But, there's a lot of variation in bodies, so the ideal proportions don't fit every one, nor are they really all that desirable on their own.  Things like the "breast Height" slider hopefully help with that, and I'm thinking that a waist height slider might be another good add.  chest depth and width possibly too as ways to add some weight to the top of the body outside of just boobs :)  Anyway, thanks very much for suggestions, I'm always hoping to improve where I can! :)

I kinda figured it was limited by the vanilla body in the torso length. I think Beth just went the easy route and made the male and female bodies proportions the same. So they could use the same animations for both genders, Since as you mention if the bodies had different torso lengths it would change animations.

Maybe one day someone will make a full set of female animations to use with a shorter torso/longer leg mesh.

Many thanks for the beta release.  :D

Stop playing skyrim around end of 2012, so this might be a dumb question, but I am wondering will there be an obj exporter in bodyslider or outfit studio development road map? Or I have to wait for nifskope plugin. I imported the vanilla bodymesh obj that come with the 7z into modo thinking to start making some stuff but quickly realized that bodymesh is, lack of a better word, kinda "vanilla" :P

oh, and the bodymesh orientation and position is kinda unique.

Again, Awesome beta release. 

Many thanks for the beta release.  :D

Stop playing skyrim around end of 2012, so this might be a dumb question, but I am wondering will there be an obj exporter in bodyslider or outfit studio development road map? Or I have to wait for nifskope plugin. I imported the vanilla bodymesh obj that come with the 7z into modo thinking to start making some stuff but quickly realized that bodymesh is, lack of a better word, kinda "vanilla" :P

oh, and the bodymesh orientation and position is kinda unique.

Again, Awesome beta release. 

There are OBJ and FBX files in the BodySlide download on page 7. WIP, though.

Guest Katherlne

cell you need  work in Betsheda.  50% staff  Betsheda talentless.

And deduct a percentage of the sales of the game. My friend bought F4 just now, after learning about the realese a CBBE body :lol:

@cell: Do you have any plans of including a texture blend mechanism into bodyslide? For instance to select muscle definition, pubic hair or shadow maps. And maybe for the raider texture the level of dirt, scars, tattoos, etc.

I was thinking of redoing TexBlend from scratch (it's using pretty dated technology and coding standards), but that's no use until we have a working SDK for the BCn texture formats or figure out to make one ourselves.

What are the plans about releasing outfit studio? Body is great, but armor don't match it :(

For the Nexus release sometime before 2016. :P

@cell: Do you have any plans of including a texture blend mechanism into bodyslide? For instance to select muscle definition, pubic hair or shadow maps. And maybe for the raider texture the level of dirt, scars, tattoos, etc.

I was thinking of redoing TexBlend from scratch (it's using pretty dated technology and coding standards), but that's no use until we have a working SDK for the BCn texture formats or figure out to make one ourselves.

I read a bit about the BCn codecs, doesn't the nvidia-texture-tools support them? Those are under the MIT license. Or am i missing something? https://github.com/castano/nvidia-texture-tools

Maybe blending is possible with GEGL. Or you can use something simpler. Might be an overkill ;)

Update: Ok, I tested the nvidia-texture-tools a bit. I think its a bit bugged. They should support BC5 but the textures look incorrect when opening with nvddsview.

It is finished, Caliente put his creation to people !!!
Thanks to him!!!
Legs women do not look like flippers !!!
But there is a seam between head and body .behind seen.
There is a gap between the body and hands. Not  :angel:  critical, but striking.

Caliente waiting for upgrades and good luck in the works !!! 

It is finished, Caliente put his creation to people !!!

Thanks to him!!!

Legs women do not look like flippers !!!

But there is a seam between head and body .behind seen.

There is a gap between the body and hands. Not :angel: critical, but striking.

Caliente waiting for upgrades and good luck in the works !!!

It appears to be big torso causing the gaps.

Archived