Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Hi, could someone with the know-how help me giving my char a tanned look?

I've found the template that I like (thanks to the fellow who found it for me) but when I replace the femalebody_d.dds file with the tanned one my char get one color on the body and one on the neck/head...

How to make the tanned body look natural? without this clear difference between neck/head and the body itself?

Hope someone can provide me with the correct femalebody_d.dds to make this work..or atleast guide me towards the right way :)

here is the tanned body file that I want to make work: http://www.upload.ee/files/5427049/femalebody_d_tanned.dds.html

Perhaps someone could just highlight the bikini areas on the default CBBE body? Would be a easy fix for someone skilled with .dds editing and would suit my cause :)

I would be very thankful!

That you have to change it from the showlooks menu in game. Open the console and type slm 14 1, close the console and you can edit youtr character and change the skin color, there are various options. Didn't try it yet with cbbe but with the other nude mods it did work.

I get this in all the outfits in bodyslide and outfit studio, however they look perfectly fine ingame. What exactly is going on? I basically can't tell if it'll look ok or not when I conform outfits in outfit studio.

attachicon.gifweird.jpg

It's a problem with the preview window currently. Restart BodySlide or swap the outfit while the preview is closed and it should be fixed. The output isn't affected.

Anyone using Mod Organizer 2 and having issues with bodyslide, it is not Bodyslide's fault... MO currently does not let Bodyslide / Outfit studio create new files, the only workaround i had so far is to run Bodyslide outside of MO, build what you want / need, let it place everything in Fallout's data folder.

Then you can cut all new meshes in the data folder and paste them somewhere, zip it and add it to MO as if it's a new mod and let it overwrite files, you should have the shapes you built in bodyslide now.

make sure not to leave any modified meshes in the data folder because MO seems to really hate it, it's like the loose files in the data folder are getting priority over mods.

Anyone using Mod Organizer 2 and having issues with bodyslide, it is not Bodyslide's fault... MO currently does not let Bodyslide / Outfit studio create new files, the only workaround i had so far is to run Bodyslide outside of MO, build what you want / need, let it place everything in Fallout's data folder.

Then you can cut all new meshes in the data folder and paste them somewhere, zip it and add it to MO as if it's a new mod and let it overwrite files, you should have the shapes you built in bodyslide now.

make sure not to leave any modified meshes in the data folder because MO seems to really hate it, it's like the loose files in the data folder are getting priority over mods.

I've never been able to get MO to work with FO4 so no troubles here.

I only posted my workaround because i'm using it, sadly as much as i want to encourage NMM, i still prefer MO even in alpha... 

And i've seen at least 2 post with issues that are because of MO.

Is there a list of ids for the Vanilla Outfits? I can't seem to find it in the console for the Children of atom armor bits.

You can't spawn only the armor bits, it's just added to some of their outfits.

I believe you can find some in... what was the name... can't remember, but it's a scrapyard close to the Gray settlement with all the Mr. Handy growing plants ;) (near Lexington / Corvega).

Just look for their corpses and loot them, i'm pretty sure i always get one of their outfit with the armor on it.

I only posted my workaround because i'm using it, sadly as much as i want to encourage NMM, i still prefer MO even in alpha... 

And i've seen at least 2 post with issues that are because of MO.

Is there a list of ids for the Vanilla Outfits? I can't seem to find it in the console for the Children of atom armor bits.

You can't spawn only the armor bits, it's just added to some of their outfits.

I believe you can find some in... what was the name... can't remember, but it's a scrapyard close to the Gray settlement with all the Mr. Handy growing plants ;) (near Lexington / Corvega).

Just look for their corpses and loot them, i'm pretty sure i always get one of their outfit with the armor on it.

Ahhh thanks mate!

Guest endgameaddiction

You can easily find them in FO4Edit.

I've tried the bodyslide and outfit studio, great tools by the way, but i get a problem when i want to convert a dress that i made for vanilla. When i load my mesh i get the message that some cloth bones are not in the reference skeleton.

So when i load my CBBE adapted mesh in game, the shape is correct but i've lost the bone weights in the process and the bottom of the dress moves weirdly.

Do i have to add those cloth bones in the reference skeleton or did i just miss something?

I've installed the new version from nexus but I do not see an EXE file to open for bodyslide. I made sure it was checked when I installed it on nexus.

There's a separate file on the Nexus for Bodyslide itself. Search for "BodySlide and Outfit Studio" on the Nexus, and you should see it right away!

I've been using bodyslide 2 for skyrim for awhile now and i know that it's bodyslide files i need for this skimpy mod pack but they don't have any files uploaded yet, just the meshes. Do i have to create the bodyslide files and conform the clothing to the CBBE profile I use or something?

This is working great so far. I've been playing around making new nifs in Outfit Studio and it's working great.

What I'm wondering is, what program are you importing into and what format are you exporting to in order to do the mesh edits? I can import obj into Blender and edit just fine, but my attempts to export either obj or old-school nif generate garbage I can't use in outfit studio.

I have a problem. In Bodyslide, when i choose [CBBE Body] in Outfit/Body, there are no sliders. If i choose any other outfit all the sliders are there.

attachicon.gif5d775426b5452ecbf5544927c8049932.png

attachicon.gifd47e283092b0e48d59d9afb7cf546f62.png

You have to choose/install the "BodySlide Addon" option in the installer/files of the main CBBE file.

There's three downloads:

1.) BodySlide program itself

2.) BodySlide addon for the body and underwear

3.) BodySlide addon for the vanilla outfits

I can't find one of them on the nexus or here, I got http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15/?  and  http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25/?  but I can't find the 3rd one even if I do description search using various terms like CBBE, nude, etc.

Could anyone please post a direct link ?

Thanks !

I have a problem. In Bodyslide, when i choose [CBBE Body] in Outfit/Body, there are no sliders. If i choose any other outfit all the sliders are there.

attachicon.gif5d775426b5452ecbf5544927c8049932.png

attachicon.gifd47e283092b0e48d59d9afb7cf546f62.png

You have to choose/install the "BodySlide Addon" option in the installer/files of the main CBBE file.

There's three downloads:

1.) BodySlide program itself

2.) BodySlide addon for the body and underwear

3.) BodySlide addon for the vanilla outfits

I can't find one of them on the nexus or here, I got http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15/?  and  http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25/?  but I can't find the 3rd one even if I do description search using various terms like CBBE, nude, etc.

Could anyone please post a direct link ?

Thanks !

First one you posted. Go to files.... It's under optional files...

Fantastic mod Ousnius and Caliente and lots of patience shown in this thread all around. My question; do you guys have a Patreon account, or similar, where we can show our appreciation for your incredible hard work and diligence? Lots of folks are benefitting from this work in a big way so it only seems right and fair that we can give back to express our appreciation and encourage future efforts!

Thanks so much and Merry Christmas!

I get this in all the outfits in bodyslide and outfit studio, however they look perfectly fine ingame. What exactly is going on? I basically can't tell if it'll look ok or not when I conform outfits in outfit studio.

attachicon.gifweird.jpg

It's a problem with the preview window currently. Restart BodySlide or swap the outfit while the preview is closed and it should be fixed. The output isn't affected.

if you check out my last post on the page 83, for me the output is affected, so I'm guessing there is some kind of file misplacement on my end, and I have no idea what kind (if it even is), any tips?

So if I understand this correctly, the version of Bodyslide and Outfit Studio that is provided on the Nexus is just a teaser or a hint at what's to come?

It looks like all you can do with it right now is choose from a base body mesh that ships with Bodyslide and then convert all or a large portion of the vanilla armor and clothing meshes to the body type you chose, but anything outside of that is not doable at this point. Outfit Studio is "there" but apparently there isn't much you can do with it, at least it doesn't look like you can load meshes into it and create your own slider sets yet.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Fantastic work, Caliente, Cell et al. :heart:

I had one minor problem, though, when moving from the last alphas to the Nexus releases, and I haven't seen this mentioned yet:

I had made my preset in the alpha and used the breast flatness slider.

In BS 3.0 I noticed the slider was back at 0, so I checked my preset XML file from the alpha for the value I used, and noticed the attribute had changed from BreastFlatness to BreastFlatness2 (or was it the other way around?).

I set the slider again, resaved and built the body, but, while it looked correct in BS, in-game it didn't seem to use the new flatness setting.

When I hand-edited the preset XML (duplicating the BreastFlatness2 section so as to have both BreastFlatness and BreastFlatness2 identical sections, differing only in name), loaded it up in BS, NOT saving in BS and clicking build, it seemed to work, so it seems to me the "editor" part of BS is using the new attribute name, but the build function uses the old one?

Anyway, a minor problem with an easy workaround, but I thought I'd mention it since I haven't seen it mentioned before.

Keep up the good work :shy:

I've tried the bodyslide and outfit studio, great tools by the way, but i get a problem when i want to convert a dress that i made for vanilla. When i load my mesh i get the message that some cloth bones are not in the reference skeleton.

So when i load my CBBE adapted mesh in game, the shape is correct but i've lost the bone weights in the process and the bottom of the dress moves weirdly.

Do i have to add those cloth bones in the reference skeleton or did i just miss something?

Yes, open the original  .nif and copy the BSClothExtraData then paste it  into the modified one.

Archived