Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Can anyone help me zone in on the problem here? With Harness on my textures messes up. I uninstalled busty, nuclear nude and true nude mods. I attempted to re-apply CBBE base textures but it says the files are down on the front page. 

Thankyou for the release team. I notice when setting slm to particularly thin or muscular (ie anything away from direction of large from center) it cause flattening of the breasts which can end up with clipping on the underboob, most noticeable with grognak outfit. Never noticed any such flattening in the alpha releases. Thought I would point it out incase it hadn't been noticed yet.

Edit: Added a pic to show what I mean, I tested it with default CBBE body too, same result.

Thanks. Yes, bone transforms can always be a problem, especially when the mesh has been morphed by BodySlide before already. It simply means the outfit will need more polygons in the future and a few clipping fixes for various sliders.

Hi all!

Thanks so much for all the feedback and help testing out the alpha version of CBBE and Bodyslide for fallout 4!! As you are likely aware, I've posted a release on fallout 4 nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15/?! I'll probably upload a mirror here soon as well.

Fixes for release include a large improvement in wrist and neck seams, and a swath of vanilla outfits that show skin were fully converted to cbbe and sliders. Note the outfits are using the low res vanilla meshes so will look rather bad with many "extreme" shapes, so you may want to create smaller shapes for outfits :)

Also, outfit studio is once again activated, and will work very well for creating custom sliders and converting vanilla outfits. It also can create custom bodies and outfits from standard meshes in obj and fbx format, though this can be tricky/buggy... I will try and improve this workflow over time. Of course, if you have a mod that modifies cbbe files or uses outfit studio to get custom content into the game you are more than welcome to distribute those mods as you see fit... Please credit and link original mod page please :)

Hope you all enjoy the mod, and let me know what problems you encounter!

200.gif

Can anyone help me zone in on the problem here? With Harness on my textures messes up. I uninstalled busty, nuclear nude and true nude mods. I attempted to re-apply CBBE base textures but it says the files are down on the front page. 

*snip*

New here, but figured I would respond. Calyps harness mod uses the standard Fallout 4 body mesh where as CBBE has its own. When you use Calyps' harnesses it gets confused on meshes and textures.

You can use Outfit studio to fix the problem quite easily it just takes some know how. I'm managing to do an outfit every 5-8minutes. If that isnt an option for you just un-install Harnesses until it is compatible with CBBE.

Screenshot was a test to see how big I could make things before clipping

post-1025162-0-36010500-1450959295_thumb.jpg

*snip*

New here, but figured I would respond. Calyps harness mod uses the standard Fallout 4 body mesh where as CBBE has its own. When you use Calyps' harnesses it gets confused on meshes and textures.

You can use Outfit studio to fix the problem quite easily it just takes some know how. I'm managing to do an outfit every 5-8minutes. If that isnt an option for you just un-install Harnesses until it is compatible with CBBE.

Screenshot was a test to see how big I could make things before clipping

Ty! :) I will do so.

So if I understand what was meant by the UV maps comment (highly possible I'm wrong), this should work with Skyrim body textures, right?

Mostly. From what I've read they'll still need some minor changes to be compatible. Not hard for a texture artist. Though... if you're looking to use a skin from an author that isn't playing FO4 and you aren't a texture artist... it might not be so easy.

Well, it depends... I suspect it'll likely be the case that we'll have to do a bit of blending with the supplied textures we're given, probably around the neck area and maybe a few others. Once BodySlide & Outfit Studio for Fallout 4 come out it might also be made relatively easy for non-modders as well with a TextureBlend utility.

One significant change from what I've seen with the FO4 base textures is the color. The textures are distinctly darker. If we're going to match the vanilla skin tones with our new textures some adjustments will probably be necessary. That's going to be the easy part.

Normal and spec maps might be made a bit more difficult due to the changes. With the new 3Dc format it's not as easy as just doing a bit of blending. The normal maps shouldn't be too difficult though, just gotta convert them to something we can work with first. The spec maps... I don't "really" understand how the new ones work yet. They can be replaced with the old DXT greyscale ones since we're just dealing with skin but it's not really that simple. The red channel has the metallic properties and reflections. The green channel controls specularity. The blue channel controls subsurface scattering.

We can probably get away with a bit of blending for the most part and that much, including the proper conversions, might even be able to be handled by a TextureBlend utility, for the less advanced modders out there. I doubt we'll have to do anything as drastic as dragging our textures into Blender & 3D painting the seams away on all 3 texture types (d/n/s). We typically have pretty good base textures supplied and we can get away with a bit of easy 2D blending.

Hey, where'd you get the info that the specular maps red/green/blue channels are so?  First time I saw what the attributes meant...

I have a problem. In Bodyslide, when i choose [CBBE Body] in Outfit/Body, there are no sliders. If i choose any other outfit all the sliders are there.

attachicon.gif5d775426b5452ecbf5544927c8049932.png

attachicon.gifd47e283092b0e48d59d9afb7cf546f62.png

You have to choose/install the "BodySlide Addon" option in the installer/files of the main CBBE file.

There's three downloads:

1.) BodySlide program itself

2.) BodySlide addon for the body and underwear

3.) BodySlide addon for the vanilla outfits

I have a problem. In Bodyslide, when i choose [CBBE Body] in Outfit/Body, there are no sliders. If i choose any other outfit all the sliders are there.

attachicon.gif5d775426b5452ecbf5544927c8049932.png

attachicon.gifd47e283092b0e48d59d9afb7cf546f62.png

You have to choose/install the "BodySlide Addon" option in the installer/files of the main CBBE file.

There's three downloads:

1.) BodySlide program itself

2.) BodySlide addon for the body and underwear

3.) BodySlide addon for the vanilla outfits

Nevermind, i just went full retard is all. I didn't install bodyslide in the Data folder. Works fine now. Thanks a lot for the quick reply though!

Word of advice: Never go full retard, i speak from experience :D

Vault tec scientist outfit is causing ctd for me... I´ll do more tests to confirm.

Known issue (Nexus sticky comment). We'll look into that.

so how does the new bodyslide work? before I just extracted the .rar file, ran the .exe and I was all set, moving sliders left and right, and now there's nothing to select

See my reply right above.

Caliente & Cell i love your Mod i tested the Alpha too and the Update worked without any Problems. There is only one thing in Outfit Studio that i don't like or miss, it is a moveable Camera center or i did not find the right Button for it. In Bodyslide Preview i can move the Camera around but in OS i can not and that makes it hard to use the masking on the feet.

Thanks for the hard work.

okay, I've figured it out, but now I have this problem:

the outfit matches the shape I've made, but the body doesn't seem to follow...

is this a known issue, or is the body suppose to fill out the gaps at this moment?

Its a bug that happens when you have the preview window open and then switch the body/outfit selection.

To avoid it, close the preview window before switching outfit.

So I installed CBBE_Fo4_alpha_v0_2a and BodySlide_Fo4_alpha_v0_3a (no other body mods) and this is what I get in-game when I'm naked?

IgCKG5W.png

Anyone know what's causing it? This is my mod-list:

fYFFk3c.png

An update: I fixed this error by editing Fallout4Custom.ini and adding the following:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Thanks all for advice!

okay, I've figured it out, but now I have this problem:

the outfit matches the shape I've made, but the body doesn't seem to follow...

is this a known issue, or is the body suppose to fill out the gaps at this moment?

Its a bug that happens when you have the preview window open and then switch the body/outfit selection.

To avoid it, close the preview window before switching outfit.

just tried it, doesn't seem to change anything, is there some specific order I have to do it in... or?

just tried it, doesn't seem to change anything, is there some specific order I have to do it in... or?

Not really just make sure the preview window is closed before changing outfit/body set then open the preview window again.

But doing this will only help prevent it, if it is already doing it, close and reopen bodyslide its self.

Not really just make sure the preview window is closed before changing outfit/body set then open the preview window again.

But doing this will only help prevent it, if it is already doing it, close and reopen bodyslide its self.

Also, what you see in the preview window doesn't matter for the output. When you click "Build", all meshes, sliders and everything are completely reloaded from the hard drive.

Archived