38 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

heads up guys, it seems there is a limit on how long the load screen texts can be:

that's 197 characters.

That is, odd. I have a few texts done for the Selachii mod, where I've seen Blaze post screenshots of these texts in-game, with no visible issues. These being ones where the character count is even perhaps double that limit. 

Such as...

The Selachii Council view their laws concerning Religion, very similar to how Morrowind once allowed Slavery, which was outlawed in other parts of the Empire. Thus, the Selachii allow freedom of Religion, including Talos worship. This was satisfactory to the Empire's diplomats, but not to the Thalmor

Blaze has a shot of that one(the Talos statue) in this post, and it looks like it works fine. For reference, the character count on that one is 301.

53 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

heads up guys, it seems there is a limit on how long the load screen texts can be:

that's 197 characters.

so your suggestions need to be butcher to hell to become usable, Eg:

[...]

We can look into fixing them up like you did with this one so they all fit. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Do you have an idea on what kind of screens you want to make? I assume the ones my list above are part of it (and the text for them was already suggested), but if you have any other ideas that you need text for, we could help with those as well.

EDIT: while I have to admit IMO your edited version of the text sounds a bit better and more to the point like vanilla texts are, it's true I've managed to get longer texts to work fine as pointed out by Kuroyami, so that shouldn't be happening.

Are you using the CK to add the text? I don't remember there being a character limit for strings in xEdit, unless you meant you typed the entire text but it shows up cut like that ingame.

5 minutes ago, IGotBored said:

Got a quick question. Is there anyway to freeze the loading screen text? It gets real awkward when I'm reading "Sometimes its better to be a werewolf's bitch then prey" and it switches to something about frostbite spiders.

Don't think so. The game first picks a load screen at semi-random (some places/quests have specific screens that override the random ones) and loads the mesh for it, but if the load time is long enough then it cycles through the text of other load screens even though it doesn't load their meshes, and that's what you saw.

Pretty sure that function is built into the engine itself and there's no way to change it via conventional plugin or script edits. It could maybe be done through a SKSE plugin, but that would be a bit overkill (and also none of us have the skills to make such a thing).

2 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Don't think so. The game first picks a load screen at semi-random (some places/quests have specific screens that override the random ones) and loads the mesh for it, but if the load time is long enough then it cycles through the text of other load screens even though it doesn't load their meshes, and that's what you saw.

Pretty sure that function is built into the engine itself and there's no way to change it via conventional plugin or script edits. It could maybe be done through a SKSE plugin, but that would be a bit overkill (and also none of us have the skills to make such a thing).

Ah damn. Sounds like too much work. Oh well thought i might as well ask since it happens all the time cause my load times are around a minute to 2 minutes

46 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

45 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

oh wait... it was cutting off at the other "they have", and that's at 255 characters.

i am using TES5Edit to add the lines, i was just copying and pasting the lines in without paying attention, it looks like 255 is the maximum TES5Edit will let me have.

Hi i am fairly new to modding but can anyone explain and help me, i installed this mod and is delighted that it works but when i try to have sex with dragons i cant really get them to become small and i have tried to no avail to find a solution, please help 

1 hour ago, Mediansubset said:

Hi i am fairly new to modding but can anyone explain and help me, i installed this mod and is delighted that it works but when i try to have sex with dragons i cant really get them to become small and i have tried to no avail to find a solution, please help 

open the console, click on the dragon and enter setscale 0.2

or

find a smaller dragon:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3971-faallokaar-v2-creature-framework-edition/

Hi I've got another problem again, I've installed jacques00 dragoness mod which includes the 3 pairs of breast, they work ingame untill i try to have sex with, then the 2 of the pairs disappear and only the top ones remain which makes it look wierd since one of funnybiznesses mods adds boob jobs for dragon i believe. Side note ive installed both the original dragoness mod and the fix since it said both was needed

Thanks in advance and sorry for wasting your time

3 hours ago, Mediansubset said:

Hi I've got another problem again, I've installed jacques00 dragoness mod which includes the 3 pairs of breast, they work ingame untill i try to have sex with, then the 2 of the pairs disappear and only the top ones remain which makes it look wierd since one of funnybiznesses mods adds boob jobs for dragon i believe. Side note ive installed both the original dragoness mod and the fix since it said both was needed

Don't use the original standalone Dragoness mod (and the old patch for it), it has been updated and integrated into the main HCoS plugin itself. Simply install HCoS alone and enable the "HornyCreatures" plugin and the female dragons will start spawning whenever male dragons do alongside them.

sounds like your a bit out of date there, HCOS has it's own version of the dragoness mod built in now.

edit:

29 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Simply install HCoS alone and enable the "HornyDragons" plugin and the female dragons will start spawning whenever male dragons do alongside them.

sounds like your out of date as well, the esp is called "HornyCreatures" now.

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

sounds like your out of date as well, the esp is called "HornyCreatures" now.

More like "can't remember the plugin name and can't check it so I'll make a guess at what the name was". The odds were 50/50, and yet I failed...

Thanks for the help but it still doesnt help the fact that the dragon still only has 1 pair of boobs :(

That's the way it's supposed to be. MMG removed the ridiculous pasted-on 6-pack of boobs from the original meshes and instead gave them much more subtle and better looking breast-like growths on the chest when he revamped the female meshes. Don't think there is any way to use the old 6-breasted meshes on the latest version of HCoS and I also see no reason to do it even if it was possible.

30 minutes ago, dakingcartoon said:

hey i appear to be having a problem
when trying to launch skse, instead of the standard title screen menu im greeted to a dragon, fucking a horse, fucking a wolf, fucking a rabbit. i am unable to open the command promt and im so fucking confused in all honesty

That's the new main menu replacer. MadMansGun has been working on new load screens and optional menu replacers and the current mod file includes that replacer by default.

The menu should still work fine, though. Do you get the smoke and the menu options afterwards, or does it stay stuck without loading them?

7 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

That's the new main menu replacer. MadMansGun has been working on new load screens and optional menu replacers and the current mod file includes that replacer by default.

The menu should still work fine, though. Do you get the smoke and the menu options afterwards, or does it stay stuck without loading them?

theres smoke, but its just that animation loop always, no change no menu options.

12 minutes ago, dakingcartoon said:

theres smoke, but its just that animation loop always, no change no menu options.

I've had that happen before and the problem was a corrupt plugin. Try disabling the plugins on your load order until it starts working again, so you can figure out which one is the culprit. You should probably start with the latest ones you installed (even the one from HCoS), provided you didn't have this issue before.

Just now, Blaze69 said:

I've had that happen before and the problem was a corrupt plugin. Try disabling the plugins on your load order until it starts working again, so you can figure out which one is the culprit. You should probably start with the latest ones you installed (even the one from HCoS), provided you didn't have this issue before.

would the papyrus log help me with that?

5 minutes ago, dakingcartoon said:

would the papyrus log help me with that?

Not really. You have to do it the hard way, I'm afraid.

As I said, start disabling plugins one by one (or in batches, though that makes it a bit hard to find the one plugin that's wrong) and checking the game afterwards until the menu loads fine again, and you should be able to pinpoint which plugin is causing the bug.