[request] Nude Quiet - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Worry

Thanks.

But on this game engine (Fox Engine) I am just a beginner.

Right now all my efforts had not a single result.

Not changing the LUA files, nor the textures.

I rely on Xentax to provide some guidance/extraction/conversion on the game files.

In parallel I will continue to do my testing on textures, that are the thing I think I am closer to be able to manipulate.

Well well, looking promising indeed legendgamer! Welcome to the thread, there's a lot of talennted folk here, hopefully you'll find some help here even, not just code illiterate monkeys like me waiting to see what happens! 

Oh and the motion of snake-quiet in that gif looks dodgy lol, I'm sure a big red exclamation mark just appeared over my head. "Saw a suspicious person, I'm going to check it out" haha

Well well, looking promising indeed legendgamer! Welcome to the thread, there's a lot of talennted folk here, hopefully you'll find some help here even, not just code illiterate monkeys like me waiting to see what happens! 

Oh and the motion of snake-quiet in that gif looks dodgy lol, I'm sure a big red exclamation mark just appeared over my head. "Saw a suspicious person, I'm going to check it out" haha

Thanks for the comment and liking the mod. I'm mostly beta testing a lot of things utilizing tools and as you can see the results are working. If anyone else you know desired this mod, let them know to come on here and check out the teasers before the initital feature length presentation (whenever possible). ;)

Great!!! 

:D :D :D

Welcome to the forum LegendGamer, your contribution is immensely appreciated... i can't wait to see the fruits of your work!

I'm glad to know and I appreciate the comments. There's more to come whenever possible despite more work to be done.

Hello LG.

Can you share the IDs of the files you are modifying? (Textures and/or other files.)

Right now I am having very little success in finding the correct textures.

But if you really can't help it, here's a clue to what I was editing...

Thanks. But it was not really what I was looking for.

Today I found at least 40 different textures that seems to be related to Quiet's bikini.

But I am clueless to match them with the scenes.

I was able to make one of them transparent.

But of course no nipples are visible (they are not in the model), so I am searching now for the body texture.

I found a potential one, and: ta-dah, the UV map is completely missing the lower part of the breasts. So it will not work.

Probably you draw the tits texture over the bikini top, with zeroing the normal map of the bikini.

(Pretty much what was done years ago for the very first nude models for Fallout or Skyrim.)

My apologies, I know you want to make progress.

Mostly I was tampering with the outfit she wore on Mother Base. I was also upset those wacky interns at Konami decided to mess with the model(s) in such an abysmal way instead of keeping it simple.

It gets worse - it's more than the nipples, buddy. When I learned what those guys did, I couldn't help but allow my curiosity get the best of me to get this far.

Have you tried creating a simple mod like a tattoo or something on her face to see if it appears in the scenes or anything like that?

No need to apologize my friend.

Right now I am able to modify a few textures. (I have a full pink helicopter if you want.)

But I am still searching for all the textures that have to be updated.

And I am pretty sure you know what pain it is:

* Extract the .dat files

* Extract the .fpk files from it

* Extract the .ftex files from inside the fpk and convert them to DDS

* Look at them to understand what they are

* Change them

* Repack, Repack, Repack

* Test in game

And the frustration of updating a texture and then discover that the texture used is not the one you modified but it is another one?

I am following a similar approach.

You will NOT be able to play as Quiet.

But she will be naked in the normal scenes.

The two scenes I am focusing are the ACC (inside the helicopter), and the brig (where she stays at Mother Base.)

If this will be good, then I will make her naked also during the normal missions (maybe, it is pretty much pointless because you cannot really see her.)

Hello LG.

I do this mod for pure fun. Nothing else.

And I am not going to do a model swap. You can find many of them online already.

If I will be able to alter a few meshes to have her naked in a couple of recurring scenes, then I will be happy.

And, if it was not clear, I am NOT in competition.

If you need help I can do what I know.

Good to see some potential teamwork here! DOA5 modding was kinda secretive and elitist at the start before the tools became readily available, and that was kinda ugly to watch. When all that anyone stands to gain from modding is credit where it's due and a few thank you posts it seemed a bit pointless too. If everyone gets along then better stuff gets made quicker! Good luck to you both with your projects guys. There's potential in the game for the community to make it a lot better than it already is, and it's the brave souls like you who are willing to get your hands dirty looking for the secrets of the game engine that'll make all the rest possible.

This will be the logo of the "Really Nude Quiet" Mod I am trying to realize. (Image got from the game DDS and manually edited to remove the clothes.)

Oh boy, i can't avoid shedding a little tear of happiness seeing you guys joining forces.

I can hear those bastard Konami interns shivering in fear from here ("Damn it, they messed up with our undecryptable models again!!!")  :D  :D  :D

My progress (and they are close to zero.)

I tried to replace the textures (ftex.) No luck.

I tried to replace the textures arrays (ftexts.) No luck.

I tried to open/convert/reverse engineer the model files (fmdl.) No luck.

Right now I am only able to replace the posters textures and the photos with a different image.

I am pretty familiar now with the model swapping, I it is pretty easy to do, because all the NPCs have a three letter code to identify them.

So if you want Ocelot to have Quiet's face and body, just ask.

But seriously I have no ideas, and no more clues, and no more things to try, to replace a texture used by a model in the game.

My progress (and they are close to zero.)

I tried to replace the textures (ftex.) No luck.

I tried to replace the textures arrays (ftexts.) No luck.

I tried to open/convert/reverse engineer the model files (fmdl.) No luck.

Right now I am only able to replace the posters textures and the photos with a different image.

I am pretty familiar now with the model swapping, I it is pretty easy to do, because all the NPCs have a three letter code to identify them.

So if you want Ocelot to have Quiet's face and body, just ask.

But seriously I have no ideas, and no more clues, and no more things to try, to replace a texture used by a model in the game.

Could you do a model swap of her rain scene outfit? So far that's the only one nobody seems to have uploaded of her.

Could you do a model swap of her rain scene outfit? So far that's the only one nobody seems to have uploaded of her.

No. I have no interest in doing model swapping.

A basic noob can do them.

No. I have no interest in doing model swapping.

A basic noob can do them.

No worries man, just thought i would ask since you said "So if you want Ocelot to have Quiet's face and body, just ask"

There's probably issues getting that model to work as an outfit replacer anyway. I'm sure if it was possible it'd already be included in noShigu's quiet player pack.

No worries man, just thought i would ask since you said "So if you want Ocelot to have Quiet's face and body, just ask"

There's probably issues getting that model to work as an outfit replacer anyway. I'm sure if it was possible it'd already be included in noShigu's quiet player pack.

You got it right.

Actually the replacement is done at the full body model (clothes alone are not enough.)

And the complexity of doing it is:

* Find the model you want

* Rename it to the ID of the model you want to replace.

But this is not really what I want to do.

I saw somebody replacing the birds model with the big mecha model. Why?

Ok, maybe it was fun. But I am not going to do something like this.

Archived