[request] Nude Quiet - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Worry

Also Campbell, sorry to ask again, but how you were able to make the textures show up in game?

I had issues replacing textures using the QAR tool. Think it had something to do with there being more .ftexs than the files you were replacing, but i can't say for sure, i'm just a noob lol :D  

Try using the GzsTool. Unpack texture3.dat, replace files, then repack  - https://github.com/Atvaark/GzsTool/releases

Also, i'm using this model swap to replace the female battledress for the female skulls model. There's a link in the comments for bra physics btw! - http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/22/?

Also Campbell, sorry to ask again, but how you were able to make the textures show up in game?

I had issues replacing textures using the QAR tool. Think it had something to do with there being more .ftexs than the files you were replacing, but i can't say for sure, i'm just a noob lol :D  

Try using the GzsTool. Unpack texture3.dat, replace files, then repack  - https://github.com/Atvaark/GzsTool/releases

Also, i'm using this model swap to replace the female battledress for the female skulls model. There's a link in the comments for bra physics btw! - http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/22/?

Right, im using Gimp, so i got the .dds with the Gimp plugin, now to save... any specific compression/format/mipmap?

Right, im using Gimp, so i got the .dds with the Gimp plugin, now to save... any specific compression/format/mipmap?

Mipmaps always on.

About the format you should check the original format. It can be DTS1 or DTS5.

If you use the wrong format the game crashes or produces weird results.

Also the color format should be set accordingly.

Sadly the GIMP DDS plugin does not handle correctly all the cases (but it has a wonderful compression of DTX5.)

Usually i do the changes on the texture with GIMP, and then I copy/paste it in Paint.net and export it from there.

till now i didn't download MGSV  , so which version do you recommend to  download  , im thinking download 3dm version its

okey ? 

3DM version works just fine until the mission 46. Once you complete it you get stuck in an endless loading screen which makes your savestate useless, though there's no way to actually get to mission 50 (the "last" one) from there, unless you download a savestate from another player...

I used nvidia's dds plugin for photoshop to save them in DXT1 with mip maps enabled.

No ds1, will try dxt1 with use existing mipmaps. Reporting results later.

post-21995-0-59072200-1444248343_thumb.png

edit:

It apparently showed in game. but it crashes as soon as it shows up, ive only changed the torso skin tho, maybe changing the other parts of the body will fix it?

Also, the skulls texture have all the four variables? Has anyone found how to play with the other ones yet?

post-21995-0-33152800-1444252423_thumb.png

No ds1, will try dxt1 with use existing mipmaps. Reporting results later.

attachicon.gifboth.png

edit:

It apparently showed in game. but it crashes as soon as it shows up, ive only changed the torso skin tho, maybe changing the other parts of the body will fix it?

Also, the skulls texture have all the four variables? Has anyone found how to play with the other ones yet?

attachicon.gif1f03f04a586f.png

Sadly, no one has uploaded those other models that i'm aware of.

Weeks ago, someone posted in a russian board that the filenames for the parasite models were:

para1 - c5b8c1420e92.fpk
para2 - 1de32c58c2a73.fpk - no one could confirm, ive  unpacked chunks 0 and 1 and found nothing.

But the one used to replace the player model was located at : \chunk4\Assets\tpp\pack\mission2\story\s10130\s10130_area_fpk\Assets\tpp\chara\wmu\

And from there, the fcnp file needs hex edit.

Also this new quiet without stocking textures came with a new(?) qar tool: http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/100

Hoping someone can help me with this.

I'm trying to edit quiets normal map but once i save in dxt5 the alpha channel is getting messed up.

Only saving in 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp seems to work, but the FtexTool doesn't support this format.

So, does anyone know how i keep the alpha channel intact when saving in dxt5?

Before saving in DXT5

post-42102-0-62373000-1444395284_thumb.jpg

After saving in DXT5

post-42102-0-06275500-1444395294_thumb.jpg

@JoeMesh

Thanks man, glad you like it!

I'm trying to edit quiets normal map but once i save in dxt5 the alpha channel is getting messed up.

Only saving in 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp seems to work, but the FtexTool doesn't support this format.

Before saving in DXT5

attachicon.gif8888.jpg

After saving in DXT5

attachicon.gifdxt5.jpg

@JoeMesh

Tried using paint.net? Either dx3 or 5 seemed to work for me:

post-21995-0-87408900-1444407883_thumb.png

Before saving in DXT5

attachicon.gif8888.jpg

After saving in DXT5

attachicon.gifdxt5.jpg

@JoeMesh

Tried using paint.net? Either dx3 or 5 seemed to work for me:

attachicon.gif19b17af.png

I tried loading the psd into gimp and saving it in DXT5 there, It worked, no problems with the alpha channel, but ftextool wouldn't convert it.

I'll try saving in paint.net

I tried loading the psd into gimp and saving it in DXT5 there, It worked, no problems with the alpha channel, but ftextool wouldn't convert it.

I'll try saving in paint.net

The DDS plugin for Gimp has some problems.

I use Gimp to do the actual edit, but then copy/paste the resulting image in Paint.net and save it from there.

There's a couple of them on the Nexus- the hairy one linked above, a variety pack that makes it possible in a variety of costumes and the 3dm bikini one thats linked elsewhere in this thread. No MGS mod can really be done without the QAR tool, because any update would break it in all likelihood, but at least using the tool you can reinstall the mods post update.

Ok so im guessing these are quiet face textures:

35dc466e2299f

or

3c05c796951ea

But both doesnt work.. what im missing here ?

The body worked fine when ive tweaked the texture on paint.net, but the face never changes!

Ive got a lot of face textures.. maybe the ones im working on arent even quiet´s?

post-21995-0-25978600-1445025249_thumb.png

Archived