Spouses Enhanced 1.7.3 (14-Oct-2015)

There is something happening in SE that I can't quite put my finger on. I use Pet Collar and when having sex with a pet I've noticed my spouse when she's watching will have this sad-angry expression on her face. On one occasion when I approached her to initiate sex I got the dialogue "please not now, just go". I'm just wondering what's built into SE and how far I can go being a bad boy before it has any effect on the relationship. If at all.

My spouse of course will have sex with the pets all the time.  :D

This mod doesn't tackle infidelity. What likely happened is you told your spouse to meet you in the bedroom then you forgot about her.

It's good to know that I can sow my seeds freely. lol  I'm 100% sure that I didn't forget about her and other then have sex with other npc's didn't do anything out of the norm. I'm just curious what triggers that "please not now..." dialogue. It has to be scripted or maybe it's set to occur at random, no matter what. 

Love the mod, always have. The only thing I would like to see is a dialogue option to greet your spouse like "I love you" with perhaps a response of "love you too dovakhin" It wouldn't have to trigger a sex scene, it would just be a nice touch of realism.

i wonder if i can make this work with campfire tents?i tried the bed selection thingy in the mcm, and it doesnt read it as a bed. or something like that.damn it. its cool combined with frostfall, cot, and warmbodies ;)

The Lover's Sanctuary spell only works on bed types that the SexLab framework recognizes. To get around this, SE has an MCM feature that injects the bed type you're aiming at into the SexLab bed list, at which point Lover's Sanctuary will then work. You'd only need to do this once for each type of bed that exists in Campfire.

i wonder if i can make this work with campfire tents?i tried the bed selection thingy in the mcm, and it doesnt read it as a bed. or something like that.damn it. its cool combined with frostfall, cot, and warmbodies ;)

The Lover's Sanctuary spell only works on bed types that the SexLab framework recognizes. To get around this, SE has an MCM feature that injects the bed type you're aiming at into the SexLab bed list, at which point Lover's Sanctuary will then work. You'd only need to do this once for each type of bed that exists in Campfire.

i used that. but i think i can only use it on a follower bedroll, not on mine. ;( welp its still good :D

the latest sexlab seems to work with everything but this mod.  I've tried clean save  and reinstall.  I've tried running sexlab's cleaning procedures.   Sexlab itself seems to be working fine, with every other mod except for this one.  I've never had this kind of issue before, but there IS a new version of sexlab now.  Should I try an older version?

Anyone have this happen?

The dialog works for the mod and the wake up animation works. The problem I'm having is whenever I initiate the conversation that's all that happens. I can talk to my spouse again initiate the conversation again but nothing else happens. I can even get as far as the bed with my spouse she removes her cloths but I don't and that's it. 

The dialog works for the mod and the wake up animation works. The problem I'm having is whenever I initiate the conversation that's all that happens. I can talk to my spouse again initiate the conversation again but nothing else happens. I can even get as far as the bed with my spouse she removes her cloths but I don't and that's it. 

maybe you need to update your fnis ? :\

anyhow, i hope someone can add an option to use the nearby bed or not, coz for some reason, they automatically use the lakeside end table at the entrance. when you enter your lake side house, its the end table at the right side. :\

anyhow, i hope someone can add an option to use the nearby bed or not, coz for some reason, they automatically use the lakeside end table at the entrance. when you enter your lake side house, its the end table at the right side. :\

Use the Lover's Sanctuary spell to set the correct bed.

I am a completely new to using mods so I apologize if this question is ridiculous.  I recently installed Spouses Enhanced (as well as the other files the site said were necessary i.e. SKSE, sexlab, & Skyui).  I used Nexus Mod Manager to install them and opened the game with the SKSE version.  

When I approached my spouse I received the "Me Love...." option and all of the other options I have heard about from the site.  However, when we go to actually do the deed it has us standing several feet away from one another in our underwear making noises but not moving or touching or laying down....we aren't even facing one another actually.  

Are there configuration details I need to adjust?  Or possibly just other mods I need to download?  

I am a completely new to using mods so I apologize if this question is ridiculous.  I recently installed Spouses Enhanced (as well as the other files the site said were necessary i.e. SKSE, sexlab, & Skyui).  I used Nexus Mod Manager to install them and opened the game with the SKSE version.  

When I approached my spouse I received the "Me Love...." option and all of the other options I have heard about from the site.  However, when we go to actually do the deed it has us standing several feet away from one another in our underwear making noises but not moving or touching or laying down....we aren't even facing one another actually.  

Are there configuration details I need to adjust?  Or possibly just other mods I need to download?  

try to update your fnis :)

I have the FNIS 6.3 which I think is the latest according to their site.  

If you haven't already, you need to run the FNIS executable (GenerateFNISForUsers.exe) every time you install or uninstall a FNIS-based mod, in order to rebuild the animation behaviours. if you've never done this yet, that would explain why the characters are just standing around and not animating.

Thanks Wraith.  I ended up doing a lot of tweaking and watching videos (including figuring out the FNIS generator you mentioned lol didn't realize I needed to run that).  I finally got the animations to work (it was a process from them standing there doing nothing, to them literally being inside each other moving around, to finally doing what they are supposed to).  The animations still don't really sync up well (for instance : when they kiss it looks like she is kissing his clavicle instead of his mouth, hands aren't where they should be, etc).  Maybe it's a height difference issue?  Is there something I should tweak to fix this?  

The animations still don't really sync up well (for instance : when they kiss it looks like she is kissing his clavicle instead of his mouth, hands aren't where they should be, etc).  Maybe it's a height difference issue?  Is there something I should tweak to fix this?  

Enable 'Even Actors Height' in SexLab's MCM. But most animations will have some discrepancies regardless, as not everyone uses the same body meshes.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thank God you're still here, WraithSlayer. I just picked up skyrim again and I'm trying out Skyrim Romance (not "the romance mod). In it there is a custom character named Bishop and the mod author doesn't use any of the vanilla marriage system. He even scoffs at the PC when she's wearing the amulet of Mara.

I tried to read through all 23 pages of this thread, I really did, but . . . 

Anyway, how do I tell Spouses Enhanced that Bishop is my spouse so it will hook him?  Do I need to use the console to put him in the marriage faction, then set the vanilla marriage quest to complete, or is there a simpler way?  Maybe a variable to set?

Oh thank God you're still here, WraithSlayer. I just picked up skyrim again and I'm trying out Skyrim Romance (not "the romance mod). In it there is a custom character named Bishop and the mod author doesn't use any of the vanilla marriage system. He even scoffs at the PC when she's wearing the amulet of Mara.

I tried to read through all 23 pages of this thread, I really did, but . . . 

Anyway, how do I tell Spouses Enhanced that Bishop is my spouse so it will hook him?  Do I need to use the console to put him in the marriage faction, then set the vanilla marriage quest to complete, or is there a simpler way?  Maybe a variable to set?

Spouses Enhanced considers whoever is occupying the LoveInterest alias of the RelationshipMarriageFIN quest to be the player's spouse. (in other words, it uses the vanilla marriage system) If there's a console command to load Bishop's ref into that alias, SE will take it from there. Otherwise, you'll probably need some scripting to get Bishop in there.

I'll have a look!  Thanks for your quick reply. I won't throw a tantrum if i can't use SE, but I'll miss the functionality. Funny thing, though, I really don't miss the vanilla marriage baggage (setting up a shop? I really don't see Bishop selling trinkets, odd and ends, that sort of thing.)  :D

Is there? I've gotten him to marry my character, but there's nothing like what SE does that I've seen. He does haves some wonderful dialog options, though. Did I miss a release? Are they even still working on Bishop?

Dont have any clue. Have not used that mod for some time. But check whit them.

Need help..

Whenever i select any of the options after "my love..." then if i pick kiss or gaze invitingly,

She just keeps saying "it can't be helped" or... "how can i argue with that?"

After selecting one of the options my spouse just stands there and does nothing.. just keeps repeating the same dialogues,

I've tried making a new game just to test it out, also tried reinstalling SE nothing is working...

Im 100% sure i didnt screw up installation...