Spouses Enhanced 1.7.3 (14-Oct-2015)

15 minutes ago, ShenGo said:

So basically, even after using console commands in an attempt to add someone to the vanilla marriage faction, this mod can only be used with vanilla NPCs? I'd hoped that being able to make a patch for custom voices meant there was a way... I wish this was still being worked on. If we could simply target our spouse, then set them in the MCM, this mod could be ideal... I assume, since I can't test it lol.

There are some plugins for Serana, Vilja.

But there is atleast 2 mods that do conflict whit the mod and make stuff dont work as it should.

On the OP on this mod you can find the name of them.

Spouses Can live that mod is actually dangerus for other mods to, if you have it, delete it and run over it whit your bicykle.

Mods that are known to cause issues with SE:

• Spouses Can Live Everywhere - damages the marriage quest permanently if you have Hearthfires installed.
  • Further Lover's Comfort (and possibly the original Lover's Comfort as well). May be fixed by ensuring Lover's Comfort is loaded before SE.
18 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

There are some plugins for Serana, Vilja.

But there is atleast 2 mods that do conflict whit the mod and make stuff dont work as it should.

On the OP on this mod you can find the name of them.

Spouses Can live that mod is actually dangerus for other mods to, if you have it, delete it and run over it whit your bicykle.

Mods that are known to cause issues with SE:

• Spouses Can Live Everywhere - damages the marriage quest permanently if you have Hearthfires installed.
  • Further Lover's Comfort (and possibly the original Lover's Comfort as well). May be fixed by ensuring Lover's Comfort is loaded before SE.

Yeah, I don't have any of those, I think its the simple fact that Kaidan isn't flagged as a spouse after marrying him, and apparently console commands don't fix that issue... Just like console commands don't make Gelebor cheat-marriageable. *cries*

I thought the Serana patch was simply a patch for her voice...? Does that mean I can patch other custom followers? I'll take a look at the Serana patch and see how its done... I'm reasonably experienced with CK, but if scripting would be involved, that's uncharted territory for me. I'm willing to try scripting, but wouldn't be able to figure it out on my own. >.<

30 minutes ago, ShenGo said:

I'd hoped that being able to make a patch for custom voices meant there was a way...

There's a way, so long as the person who made the custom voice took the time to arrange the voice files so that they share the same dialogue branches as vanilla marriage voices.

Of course, nobody ever does that.

Generally, if they make marriage lines for their new voice set, they almost always include their own version of the marriage system, which is an instant compatibility nightmare for any other mod using the marriage system.

Thank Bethesda for shitty implementation of the marriage system and mod authors for not being interested in using it.

Honestly, this would work a lot better if voice actors/mod authors at least took the time to fill out the "GenericShared" dialogue branch that every character in Skyrim has access to.  I've never seen a custom voiced follower that did that.  /shrug

36 minutes ago, ShenGo said:

So basically, even after using console commands in an attempt to add someone to the vanilla marriage faction

Yeah, console commands alone can't do it.  There are two quests called "RelationshipMarriage..." that both need to have aliases filled or forced and those are the things this mod is looking for.  Use a mod that actually allows them to be married properly (Manipulator and/or Nether's Follower Framework would be my suggestions).  But even with it done that way, you still may not be able to get voiced dialogue working right if the custom voice doesn't have the needed GenericShared set up.

3 minutes ago, ShenGo said:

I thought the Serana patch was simply a patch for her voice...? Does that mean I can patch other custom followers? I'll take a look at the Serana patch and see how its done... I'm reasonably experienced with CK, but if scripting would be involved, that's uncharted territory for me. I'm willing to try scripting, but wouldn't be able to figure it out on my own. >.<

The Serana patch is just a patch for her voice and you could use it as a template for Kaidan.  In the case of Kaidan, you would need to add some of his lines to the GenericShared dialogue branch in the CK.  You would only need about half of them, and even fewer if you skip the "roleplay our fantasies" options.  You can probably get by with just BribeAccept, PersuadeAccept/Reject, CantBeHelped, YouveDoneWell, OfCourse, SeemSo and GenericReward.

GenericSharedDialogue.JPG.e7f195956092345ca2f5ff5bd464b593.JPG

3 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

There's a way, so long as the person who made the custom voice took the time to arrange the voice files so that they share the same dialogue branches as vanilla marriage voices.

Of course, nobody ever does that.

Generally, if they make marriage lines for their new voice set, they almost always include their own version of the marriage system, which is an instant compatibility nightmare for any other mod using the marriage system.

Thank Bethesda for shitty implementation of the marriage system and mod authors for not being interested in using it.

Honestly, this would work a lot better if voice actors/mod authors at least took the time to fill out the "GenericShared" dialogue branch that every character in Skyrim has access to.  I've never seen a custom voiced follower that did that.  /shrug

Yeah, console commands alone can't do it.  There are two quests called "RelationshipMarriage..." that both need to have aliases filled or forced and those are the things this mod is looking for.  Use a mod that actually allows them to be married properly (Manipulator and/or Nether's Follower Framework would be my suggestions).  But even with it done that way, you still may not be able to get voiced dialogue working right if the custom voice doesn't have the needed GenericShared set up.

Much appreciated explanation, thank you. :) I mostly just wanted to be able to have lovers approach my PC (I've tried Approach, but the settings are complicated and I could never get it to work), and be able to kiss lovers without breaking my game (PSQ has the option, but I can't even pause the game to quit afterwards because all controls get irreparably broken). The mod 'A Skyrim Kiss' works great for that, but I do like the idea of other animations. I know SLEN also has the option to ask for a kiss, but its always preceded by another foreplay animation, which could be blow jobs or whatever... So not exactly a pure or wholesome option there. LOL

3 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

The Serana patch is just a patch for her voice and you could use it as a template for Kaidan.  In the case of Kaidan, you would need to add some of his lines to the GenericShared dialogue branch in the CK.  You would only need about half of them, and even fewer if you skip the "roleplay our fantasies" options.  You can probably get by with just BribeAccept, PersuadeAccept/Reject, CantBeHelped, YouveDoneWell, OfCourse, SeemSo and GenericReward.

GenericSharedDialogue.JPG.e7f195956092345ca2f5ff5bd464b593.JPG

Wow... Okay, thanks. I'll look into that, though not sure if I'll go that route right now or not, but hopefully sometime. *Feelin' lazy LOL*

• 3 weeks later...

Sexual animations won't work for this mod. When my spouse and I go to bed they just stand in place, clipping through each other. Other sex mods don't have this problem. Any ideas?

48 minutes ago, Zaltjaker said:

Sexual animations won't work for this mod. When my spouse and I go to bed they just stand in place, clipping through each other. Other sex mods don't have this problem. Any ideas?

It is not the mod that create that issue.

You are sure that you dont play SkyrimSE and have downloaded wrong file and you have installed it correct and run Fnis after?

Animations work fine for the mod.  Sometimes switching to a different animation with sexlab tools helps if the animation  begins that way. As for the bed issue, I found that any bed that is isn't a vanilla bed needs to be targeted and registered with the mod for it to added as a master bed.

4 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

It is not the mod that create that issue.

You are sure that you dont play SkyrimSE and have downloaded wrong file and you have installed it correct and run Fnis after?

Well, I downloaded the file, dragged it onto Vortex, installed, enabled, then ran FNIS. I play LE, so that's not the issue. Although, when I run FNIS, Spouses Enhanced is not listed among the things it is 'reading'.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to make this mod compatible with the TNF House mods? This mod causes the bed placement to be all messed up, and actually makes a duplicate bed spawn in Breezehome TNF. I can move the TNF mods below this mod in my load order, but LOOT always moves them back, and having to do that is messing with the DynDOLOD process since I have to change my load order before starting a new game.

16 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Create a custom rule for LOOT.

You can make a TNF patch, or just disable the incorrect bed and use the selection spell in the mod to assign the new one.

Oh! I didn't know you could add custom meta data in LOOT. I added "load after" conditions to the TNF Homes mods, so hopefully that'll solve the issue. Thank you so much! ^^

18 hours ago, Lili_Cakez said:

Oh! I didn't know you could add custom meta data in LOOT. I added "load after" conditions to the TNF Homes mods, so hopefully that'll solve the issue. Thank you so much! ^^

And you dont need to run LOOT all day long. You should not change your load after you have started the game.

On 6/10/2021 at 6:58 AM, Uncle64 said:

And you dont need to run LOOT all day long. You should not change your load after you have started the game.

Yeah now that I know about custom user data, I don't have to run it anymore. I know my setup well enough to know what needs to load after what, but LOOT was disagreeing for whatever reason. Now that I've added those conditions, everything works great! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello Guys! Good day to you.
I have a small problem here. The cuddling animation does not play for me. Its just a black screen after which the game continues. Should I download separate animations for cuddling. (Yes, I have the sexlab framework installed. All other sex animations perform well without problems).
Please help.