Spouses Enhanced 1.7.3 (14-Oct-2015)

On 4/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, swine20 said:

idk if this is part of the mod, but I turned down my wife once and it's been more then 24 hours ,and she's still mad at me, I can't do anything with plz help

First I've heard of this particular glitch, though I haven't had any problems with this mod. Here's a couple potential methods you could try to fix it:

1) Manually set the affection level to a different level (higher or lower depending on where it's at right now) and see if that does anything. 

2) Uninstall the mod, make a clean save, reinstall the mod.

3) Possibly redownload the mod if all else fails?

Other than those, I don't have anything specific to fix it. Hopefully you fix your issue man!

16 hours ago, Skata20 said:

Is there any way to disable or change that "You've done well" quote after every intercourse? It's getting on my nerves!

You can always mod it out or add to it.  Since the mod hasn't been updated in 3 1/2 years (read the title), its unlikely you complaining about it is going to change anything.

Everytime I finished having sex with my spouse he's just stuck with "..." everytime I try to talk to him, preventing any dialogues with him. I've tried every console command that resets NPC AIs, but nothing works. pls help.

Oh, and this glitch does not occur if I have sex via SexLab's irresistible aura. Whatever's causing it, it's in this mod. Any ideas people?

Also, this is glitch had just recently happened. Previous several intimacy sessions just went by normally. I really don't know what caused this.

15 hours ago, ffiveO said:

Everytime I finished having sex with my spouse he's just stuck with "..." everytime I try to talk to him, preventing any dialogues with him. I've tried every console command that resets NPC AIs, but nothing works. pls help.

Oh, and this glitch does not occur if I have sex via SexLab's irresistible aura. Whatever's causing it, it's in this mod. Any ideas people?

Also, this is glitch had just recently happened. Previous several intimacy sessions just went by normally. I really don't know what caused this.

Sexlab doesn't have an inbuilt "irresistible aura". What you are seeing is not default behavior.  My guess is a SE scene began, but the sex came from some other mod, and now the NPC is stuck waiting on an update.

This *should* be fixable by forcing the NPC's package to re-evaluate, which can be done through follower mods (using an option that allows taking control by hotkey instead of dialogue), MHYH force-adding through button (and then remove from faction to restore previous behaviors), etc.

Best of luck.

2 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

This *should* be fixable by forcing the NPC's package to re-evaluate, which can be done through follower mods (using an option that allows taking control by hotkey instead of dialogue), MHYH force-adding through button (and then remove from faction to restore previous behaviors), etc.

But what if my spouse is from vanilla skyrim?

Sorry kinda noob on these things

19 hours ago, ffiveO said:

But what if my spouse is from vanilla skyrim?

Sorry kinda noob on these things

Where the follower is from has no relevance to this.  All followers act on AI packages, and the dialogue you are seeing ( "..." ) is evidence of that being the issue.  You need a way to force them into a new package set, and I listed a few options for that.  Another would be to console-in a combat encounter.

On 4/22/2019 at 11:57 AM, Seijin8 said:

You need a way to force them into a new package set, and I listed a few options for that.  Another would be to console-in a combat encounter.

So how exactly do I do this? As I said, i'm a noob at these things.

**IMPORTANT EDIT**
I just realized that our points don't connect. I'm having problems with my spouse stuck in "..." dialogue after sex, not my follower. Spouses don't have hotkey commands.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for posting again, but has anyone found what's wrong with my issue?

On 4/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, ffiveO said:

I really don't want to abandon this mod since it's one of the mods I found very nice. Pls help me.

4 hours ago, ffiveO said:

Sorry for posting again, but has anyone found what's wrong with my issue?

I really don't want to abandon this mod since it's one of the mods I found very nice. Pls help me.

Hey, Captain Helpless: follow the instructions I gave.  I doesn't matter if they are a spouse or a follower.  The "points don't connect" because you have no idea wtf you are doing.

That being the very obvious case: stop trying to second-guess the advice you are being given.

To fix the current problem: Force their AI to change packages

To stop it from happening in the future: STOP USING OTHER MODS TO TRIGGER THE SEX ACT.  If you want Spouses Enhanced to be the mechanism for sex, then let it do the work.  This is happening because you are using something else mid-stream.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:06 PM, Seijin8 said:

Hey, Captain Helpless: follow the instructions I gave.  I doesn't matter if they are a spouse or a follower.  The "points don't connect" because you have no idea wtf you are doing.

That being the very obvious case: stop trying to second-guess the advice you are being given.

To fix the current problem: Force their AI to change packages

To stop it from happening in the future: STOP USING OTHER MODS TO TRIGGER THE SEX ACT.  If you want Spouses Enhanced to be the mechanism for sex, then let it do the work.  This is happening because you are using something else mid-stream.

No need to be so rude man. I asked politely how to force the AI to change packages. You didn't answer me. And, you're right, I have absolutely no idea wtf I should do.

And no, I didn't use any other mods to trigger the sequence. I just used matchmaker to TEST whether this glitch occurs as well if I use other ways to trigger the sex act. I never said that I used it to trigger the Spouses Enhanced sequence.

4 minutes ago, ffiveO said:

I asked politely how to force the AI to change packages. You didn't answer me.

From April 20th:

From today:

I'm being rude because this has been going for weeks now, and you keep asking the same question that has been answered.

As mentioned from the 20th:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62040 <- use this to add them as a new follower (even if they already are), and it will kick their AI package.  Once that happens, dismissing them and removing them from that framework should reset the NPC.

OR use any follower management mod that allows for force-recruiting without dialogue. Examples include:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78935

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92194

... and likely many others.

OR start a combat encounter, easily done through the console by dropping a fuckin wolf into the room.

"player.placeatme 23ABE 1" should do it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 83ilotzent said:

What really sucks is that this mod is incompatible with ridesharing.... dont know why, but as soon as you marry someone using this mod you cant holst them behind you on a horse.....besides that great mod

Ride Sharing has many incompatibilities.  It is not a mod that plays well with others.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, theanarchistotaku said:

question will my spouse get mad if I have sex with someone else? no marriage just slaves and prostitutes and followers

I don't think they will notice, even if they are standing there when it happens.  The AI in Skyrim is pretty fucking oblivious at the best of times.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Having an issue with the serana addon part of this mod. When I enable it mod organizer won't start my game. It's about to start it then it suddenly stops and acts like I closed my game.

I tried disabling all my mods and just having skse64 and the spouses enhanced stuff by itself but game still doesn't start unless I disable the addition 

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Also does anyone know if the Marry Me Serana mod is ok to use since it also allows you to marry serana instead of marriable serana mod since I'm on SE or do I need marriable serana mod?

Edit: Never mind on the first thing. Unpacked the bsa of the mod and made it so it had loose files instead. Skyrim managed to start now.

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 8:32 AM, moduser921 said:

Having an issue with the serana addon part of this mod. When I enable it mod organizer won't start my game. It's about to start it then it suddenly stops and acts like I closed my game.

I tried disabling all my mods and just having skse64 and the spouses enhanced stuff by itself but game still doesn't start unless I disable the addition 

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Also does anyone know if the Marry Me Serana mod is ok to use since it also allows you to marry serana instead of marriable serana mod since I'm on SE or do I need marriable serana mod?

Edit: Never mind on the first thing. Unpacked the bsa of the mod and made it so it had loose files instead. Skyrim managed to start now.

How do you go about unpacking the BSA of the Serana addon? I'm using the special edition port of this mod, which I don't know if it includes the addon or not (since it wasn't shown in the downloads tab). I got lucky enough that some guy/gal on Reddit ported Marriable Serana to SE and shared the file via a Reddit post, but I wasn't sure if Spouses Enhanced would still work. 

Or is the addon merged into a single esp file in the SE version and I don't need to worry about it?

On 12/22/2019 at 9:54 PM, Aizen525 said:

How do you go about unpacking the BSA of the Serana addon? I'm using the special edition port of this mod, which I don't know if it includes the addon or not (since it wasn't shown in the downloads tab). I got lucky enough that some guy/gal on Reddit ported Marriable Serana to SE and shared the file via a Reddit post, but I wasn't sure if Spouses Enhanced would still work. 

Or is the addon merged into a single esp file in the SE version and I don't need to worry about it?

If you use MO2 you can set it to automatically unpack bsa. All you do is click yes when you install it.

If not using the auto unpack feature or using another mod manager, pretty sure you can use bethesda archive extractor to do the same process manually.

You can find it here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974/

This version of spouses enhanced is noted to be special edition compatible at the bottom of the first post but of course be sure to save the esp in the ck. No issues so far with the way it functions.

• 4 weeks later...

So I am having an issue... My spouse keeps thinking we are moving for some reason. We live in Breezehome, I come one day and she says "Its a wonderful house my love"... That happens again after 2-3 days... I have assigned the bed as master bedroom but she doesn't come nor does she sleep there...

What could be the problem?

12 hours ago, Skata20 said:

So I am having an issue... My spouse keeps thinking we are moving for some reason. We live in Breezehome, I come one day and she says "Its a wonderful house my love"... That happens again after 2-3 days... I have assigned the bed as master bedroom but she doesn't come nor does she sleep there...

What could be the problem?

I know I used to have a problem when using Breezehome. But I was also using Breezehome Fully Upgradeable. There is a good chance that any modded player home will conflict with SE. Breezehome is easily the most modded player home. I am not certain this is your problem but you can check in tes5edit to see if there is a conflict. Sometimes just playing with the load order will help.