Spouses Enhanced 1.7.3 (14-Oct-2015)

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.7.3 released.

- SexLab Framework requirement raised to 1.60.
- Kissing scene no longer selects incorrect animations.
- Masturbation entry event is now less common compared to the others.

Sorry for the delayed response, as I have been busy the last week and wanted to tweak the mod a little.  I have now released the mod, so feel free to link to it. :)

No worries! I had to take some time off as well, but I've added a link to your add-on now.

help! the dialogue "my love" is not showing up. my spouse is Selene Kate - mod. 

Does she show as your spouse in SE's MCM?

Thanks for updates.

If you're accepting ideas: how about adding pregnancy into the mod? Something like your spouse approaches you and says "Darling, i think i'm pregnant". This kind of stuff.

This might work better as a bridge towards a mod like Beeign Female. Pregnancy when treated right (not just the realisitc aspects of ovulating and such, we're talking distended bellies, children, all of that) gets very complicated very fast, and should be an optional thing. Stating something like that (and keep in mind the default settings you have to change to get proper responses is the player is the wife) and not actually doing anything about it when there are plenty of tools to do that is just silly. Either leave it out, or go all in.

Thanks for updates.

If you're accepting ideas: how about adding pregnancy into the mod? Something like your spouse approaches you and says "Darling, i think i'm pregnant". This kind of stuff.

This might work better as a bridge towards a mod like Beeign Female. Pregnancy when treated right (not just the realisitc aspects of ovulating and such, we're talking distended bellies, children, all of that) gets very complicated very fast, and should be an optional thing. Stating something like that (and keep in mind the default settings you have to change to get proper responses is the player is the wife) and not actually doing anything about it when there are plenty of tools to do that is just silly. Either leave it out, or go all in.
Yep, ofc not another pregnancy mod. I meant BF integration of sorts.

Hi,

i cant get through the vanilla marriage event, because the marriage doesn't start.When i'm told to come back the other day nothing changes in the temple of mara.Is there a known issue that can be solved?

May the script be corrupt? And is there a possibility to "copy" the correct script back to Skyrim folders?

Please help, this mod sounds awesome and i'm not able to use it ._.

Thanks in advance

Guest Jenova23

I noticed that _se_compatibilityscript.psc & _se_compatibilityscript.pex is missing from version 1.7.3. Is that required? It was in version 1.7.1, but now it's left over.

Yep, ofc not another pregnancy mod. I meant BF integration of sorts.

I may look into it.

Hi,

i cant get through the vanilla marriage event, because the marriage doesn't start.When i'm told to come back the other day nothing changes in the temple of mara.Is there a known issue that can be solved?

May the script be corrupt? And is there a possibility to "copy" the correct script back to Skyrim folders?

Thanks in advance

Try sleeping in a bed for 24 hours. If the quest doesn't update, you may have another mod that's breaking it.

I noticed that _se_compatibilityscript.psc & _se_compatibilityscript.pex is missing from version 1.7.3. Is that required? It was in version 1.7.1, but now it's left over.

_se_compatibilityscript has been obsolete since 1.5. It was removed in 1.7.2 to clean up the mod a bit.

Version 1.7.3 released.

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the follower Tania the Hermit. Do you know if she has her own marriage thing like what you said about Sofia? Tania is registered as a spouse in SE's MCM menu btw, and I do see the option to ask her to go back to her home. However instead of going to my breezehome, where the master bed is set, she goes back to the Temple of Kynerath in Whiterun instead

edit: okay so it looks like the "stay at your home" option is not from the marriage system, but from her default dialogue options. That explains why she doesn't go back to my breezehome. 

I suspect her case is like Sofia's because when I tried this mod with a generic custom follower, the "My love" dialogue option does show up.

Version 1.7.3 released.

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the follower Tania the Hermit. Do you know if she has her own marriage thing like what you said about Sofia? Tania is registered as a spouse in SE's MCM menu btw, and I do see the option to ask her to go back to her home. However instead of going to my breezehome, where the master bed is set, she goes back to the Temple of Kynerath in Whiterun instead

edit: okay so it looks like the "stay at your home" option is not from the marriage system, but from her default dialogue options. That explains why she doesn't go back to my breezehome. 

I suspect her case is like Sofia's because when I tried this mod with a generic custom follower, the "My love" dialogue option does show up.

If she's registered as the active spouse in SE's MCM, then 'My Love' dialogue should be available.

Version 1.7.3 released.

If she's registered as the active spouse in SE's MCM, then 'My Love' dialogue should be available.

Been fiddling around with the mod, just wanted to report back. I'm not sure what the exact reason is, but the dialogue option was not immediately available after the wedding ceremony. I was testing the mod at the time so I kept reloading the save to keep trying remarriages over and over. However, the option does show up after I wait a certain period of time after the ceremony. I'm not sure the exact time needed, but I had the ceremony at 3-4AM game time, then waited until around 6PM same game day, and the option does show up now. I don't know if it had something to do with me adding Tania to follower faction beforehand, however (default Tania mod doesn't register in Lover's comfort as a follower, so she may have her own thing going on). 

It does work now, and if I have the time, I'll go back to load the save I had from before I did addfac 5C84D 1 on Tania to see if that had anything to do with getting this mod to work. Great mod release, but I do have a question: does the bulk of this mod revolve around the master bed (ie: do the events only trigger when entering the cell containing the master bed)? What I'm wondering is will this mod work if I take my spouse adventuring with me, as a follower? Will they initiate dialogue to ask for sex while we are out and about, or does that only happen when I enter the cell with the master bed?

but I do have a question: does the bulk of this mod revolve around the master bed (ie: do the events only trigger when entering the cell containing the master bed)? What I'm wondering is will this mod work if I take my spouse adventuring with me, as a follower? Will they initiate dialogue to ask for sex while we are out and about, or does that only happen when I enter the cell with the master bed?

Entry events are restricted to the cell that contains the master bed, all other content of the mod can be accessed anywhere. In earlier versions, entry events could trigger at any place but led to game-breaking bugs.

Ah I see. That is unfortunate. I was hoping the spouse can make requests for sex while we are away from home, just because I don't like to be to one to always initiate dialogue for sex. It is why I'm partial to mods where NPCs will initiate the sex events (ie why I was so interested in RP's solicitation mode before), such as the event trigger in this mod. 

I haven't had a chance to test this yet, because I am going back and forth between player homes right now, and resetting the master bed each time--if my spouse is a follower, does this mod's timers continue to countdown while I am out an adventuring with them? What I mean is, if I understand the way this mod works correctly, the spouse will initiate dialogue requesting sex upon entry into the cell with the master bed, if a X amount of time has elapsed. Does this assume the spouse was inside the cell the entire time, or will this timer continue to countdown if I take my spouse out with me. So say if I am out adventuring with my spouse for a week, with affection level 0, does that mean the next time I load into the cell with the master bed, while my spouse is still a follower and loads into the cell with me, the entry event will trigger?

Ah I see. That is unfortunate. I was hoping the spouse can make requests for sex while we are away from home, just because I don't like to be to one to always initiate dialogue for sex. It is why I'm partial to mods where NPCs will initiate the sex events (ie why I was so interested in RP's solicitation mode before), such as the event trigger in this mod. 

I haven't had a chance to test this yet, because I am going back and forth between player homes right now, and resetting the master bed each time--if my spouse is a follower, does this mod's timers continue to countdown while I am out an adventuring with them? What I mean is, if I understand the way this mod works correctly, the spouse will initiate dialogue requesting sex upon entry into the cell with the master bed, if a X amount of time has elapsed. Does this assume the spouse was inside the cell the entire time, or will this timer continue to countdown if I take my spouse out with me. So say if I am out adventuring with my spouse for a week, with affection level 0, does that mean the next time I load into the cell with the master bed, while my spouse is still a follower and loads into the cell with me, the entry event will trigger?

No, switching to a different master-bed does not reset the entry event. The way the mod works is, every 24* hours it decrements a DaysRemaining variable, regardless of what the spouse is doing at the time. When this variable reaches zero, the mod attempts to start an entry event. If successful, the spouse will approach you immediately if you're in the master-bed cell, or wait for you to enter it then approach. If the entry event fails to start (due to having your spouse not being at home, for example), then the DaysRemaining variable is reset and starts decrementing daily again.

* It probably won't be exactly 24 hours due to the way Skyrim works. If there are 6 hours remaining on the timer and you sleep/wait for 9, the next check will be 3 hours late.

When this variable reaches zero, the mod attempts to start an entry event. If successful, the spouse will approach you immediately if you're in the master-bed cell, or wait for you to enter it then approach. If the entry event fails to start (due to having your spouse not being at home, for example), then the DaysRemaining variable is reset and starts decrementing daily again.

So if I understand this correctly, if my spouse is in the cell with the master bed at the time the DaysRemaining variable reaches 0, the entry event will be "held" until I actually enter the cell, before trigger? But if my spouse is out with me at the time the DaysRemaining variable reaches 0, and they are not in the master bed cell, the entry event will be skipped completely and the variable will reset to countdown from another 7 days?

Does that mean there can be instances where it may seem as if the default 7 days isn't counting down properly, because the spouse isn't in the cell with the master bed at the time an entry event is called? If that is the case, do you think it's a feasible workaround to set the masterbed to one where I currently am (since you mentioned it doesn't reset the variable), to let the entry event fire when the DayRemaining count gets low? 

So if I understand this correctly, if my spouse is in the cell with the master bed at the time the DaysRemaining variable reaches 0, the entry event will be "held" until I actually enter the cell, before trigger? But if my spouse is out with me at the time the DaysRemaining variable reaches 0, and they are not in the master bed cell, the entry event will be skipped completely and the variable will reset to countdown from another 7 days?

Correct.

Does that mean there can be instances where it may seem as if the default 7 days isn't counting down properly, because the spouse isn't in the cell with the master bed at the time an entry event is called?

Yes. However, keep in mind this stops being relevant when your spouse reaches affection level 4, as at that point entry events are daily and trigger every time the variable would normally decrement.

If that is the case, do you think it's a feasible workaround to set the masterbed to one where I currently am (since you mentioned it doesn't reset the variable), to let the entry event fire when the DayRemaining count gets low?

It is. As long as the spouse is in the same cell as the current master-bed at the time an entry event's conditions are checked, then it should work.

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Try sleeping in a bed for 24 hours. If the quest doesn't update, you may have another mod that's breaking it.

This didn't work for me :-/

Did someone ever heard of that problem and a way to solve this? It's like the queststage doesn't start the script.

Tried to ask Lydia, if she wants to marry me, while she wasn't an active follower, then went to Maramal and started the quest.

Waiting in front of the temple or inside didn't change anything.

Thanks a lot for this mod.

One issues that I have is that the bed in the bedroom wing of Hearthfire makes it almost impossible to use this mod with that bed in particular. Is there perhaps a replacement for that bed? I've tried looking for mods that simply switch the beds with something more compatible with this mod but I've never found anything. 

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but this mod added a double bed to the second floor of my breezehome. I'm using Eli's breezehome mod, so now I have 2 perpendicular beds in my BH. Using mfgconsole shows that the extra bed came from Spouses Enhanced.esp

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but this mod added a double bed to the second floor of my breezehome. I'm using Eli's breezehome mod, so now I have 2 perpendicular beds in my BH. Using mfgconsole shows that the extra bed came from Spouses Enhanced.esp

It doesn't add a bed, it edits the existing one. Since you're using a custom Breezehome mod, either make sure the mod is loading after SE, or just disable the duplicate one with the console. You'll also need to tag the modded bed as the master-bed for SE to work correctly.