View File

This is a simple mod that listen to events and call the SlaveTats API, making it easy to developers to add SlaveTats support without adding a mod dependency.

What this means?

For Users: if you have any mod calling this, just keep this installed with SlaveTats and it will work, no need to configure.

For Modders:

Take a look at the single script file, it's all there. As it is now, there is only support for adding and removing simple tattoos, with optional parameters like gloss, glow color and lock. If you need more complex parameters, like tattoo with spells, i recommend using directly the SlaveTats API.
Code examples:

Adding a tattoo:

int STevent = ModEvent.Create("STSimpleAddTattoo") if (STevent)   ModEvent.PushForm(STevent, akActor)         ; Form - actor   ModEvent.PushString(STevent, sSection)      ; String - tattoo section (the folder name)   ModEvent.PushString(STevent, sTatooName)    ; String - name of tattoo   ModEvent.PushInt(STevent, iColor)           ; Int - color (0xAARRGGBB: alpha, red, green, blue)   ModEvent.PushBool(STevent, false)           ; Bool - last = false (the tattoos are only applied when last = true, use it on batches)   ModEvent.PushBool(STevent, true)            ; Bool - silent = true (do not show a message)   ModEvent.Send(STevent)endif

Clearing all tattoos with a section:

int eventCall = ModEvent.Create("STRemoveAllSectionTattoo")if eventCall   ModEvent.PushForm(eventCall, Game.GetPlayer())   ModEvent.PushString(eventCall, "MySection")   ModEvent.PushBool(eventCall, true)   ModEvent.PushBool(eventCall, false)   ModEvent.Send(eventCall)endIf

Adding a locked glowing tattoo from the tattoo pack "symbolic":

int eventCall = ModEvent.Create("STAddTattoo")if eventCall   ModEvent.PushForm(eventCall, Game.GetPlayer())   ModEvent.PushString(eventCall, "Symbolic")   ModEvent.PushString(eventCall, "Ass Arrow")   ModEvent.PushInt(eventCall, 0x00FF0000)   ModEvent.PushBool(eventCall, true)   ModEvent.PushBool(eventCall, false)   ModEvent.PushInt(eventCall, 0x00FF0000)   ModEvent.PushBool(eventCall, true)   ModEvent.PushBool(eventCall, true)   ModEvent.Send(eventCall)endIf

Anyone else trying this with racemenu overlays? I'm seeing a very odd problem where none of my overlats will "stick", as in they keep disappearing from my character completely and don't show up in my racemenu settings. I can select and apply overlays over and over, but they always get set back to default again, and I was wondering if it was this mod, since this is about the last thing I added.

Anyone else trying this with racemenu overlays? I'm seeing a very odd problem where none of my overlats will "stick", as in they keep disappearing from my character completely and don't show up in my racemenu settings. I can select and apply overlays over and over, but they always get set back to default again, and I was wondering if it was this mod, since this is about the last thing I added.

This mods only forwards calls to the SlaveTats API, i does not manage the tattoos. Try to use the SlaveTats MCM menu to apply the tattoos and see if the problem persists.

This mods only forwards calls to the SlaveTats API, i does not manage the tattoos. Try to use the SlaveTats MCM menu to apply the tattoos and see if the problem persists.

Going into the slavetats MCM breaks blush when aroused, so I don't do that.

Well, another mod is removing/overwriting your overlays. If you are using apropos, see the mcm menus. Or maybe blush when aroused is doing it, disable both on a test save.

Well, another mod is removing/overwriting your overlays. If you are using apropos, see the mcm menus. Or maybe blush when aroused is doing it, disable both on a test save.

Maybe, it's worth a shot, though my expectations of that being the issues are vanishingly low. I've been using both for several months, and they've been living happily together. Even slavetats seems to work fine as long as I don't go into the MCM menu. I did raise that issue with the slavetats author, but other than a "my mod shouldn't do that, I'll look at it", I've gotten no other feedback from him/her.

Maybe, it's worth a shot, though my expectations of that being the issues are vanishingly low. I've been using both for several months, and they've been living happily together. Even slavetats seems to work fine as long as I don't go into the MCM menu. I did raise that issue with the slavetats author, but other than a "my mod shouldn't do that, I'll look at it", I've gotten no other feedback from him/her.

You can remove this mod easily too, just do a "stopquest SlaveTatsEventsBridge" on console and remove the mod. But it really doesn't do anything on it's own, just receives specific mod events aimed at it and redirects then to SlaveTats.

• 3 months later...

@weird - Do you know if there is a way to use this mod to trigger a refresh of tats currently in place?

I noticed that tats vanish from the body after a sex change or race change in Hormones.

They reappear if I manually open the menu and select/deselect a new tat on an empty spot.

If SlaveTats has a command to force a refresh, it would be useful to expose using a mod event.

• 7 months later...

Thank you so much for providing this mod. It is really useful and the potential of SlaveTats has definitely not yet been exhausted.

I have run into a problem, and maybe somebody here can help:

Let's say I have a non-glossy tattoo called Tat, and now want a script to change it to a glossy tattoo.

What works is leaving the original tattoo as it is and adding a glossy tattoo on top of it. However, then the character has 2 tattoos applied, which is not ideal (for example to remove the tattoo again it is necessary to remove it twice).

And here comes the problem:

If the script removes the old tattoo and immediately tries applies a new glossy one, the new will not show up.

So I thought it was a problem with synchronization. However, if the script removes the old tattoo, and then waits a few seconds, and tries applies a new glossy one, the new tattoo still will not show up.

The next thing I tried is to create a new tattoo (dds) file called TatGlossy, registering it in the menu.

Now if the script removes the old Tat, and then applies the new TatGlossy (as glossy tattoo), then the new TatGlossy will show, but not as glossy tattoo! (which is quite strange...)

In the end I came up with the following workaround:

The script adds TatGlossy, then waits 1 sec., then removes the old Tat. Then all will be ok.

But it looks still a bit complicated to me. Don't know whether this is a known issue with SlaveTats. Is there any command to synchronize SlaveTats? Though I have found a workaround, any advice would still be appreciated!

Someone please start using this and creating content for its best purpose - stockings and tight clothing overlays.

Imagine stockings that get ripped after taking damage or similar stuff. So far slave tats is used for dumb things like few letters on random body parts.

So far this is the only mod that is using it for right purpose.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...