12.1, i played with it a bit.

A1 cannot be player, yet player is being selected as A1 sometimes. Would be better if it didn't.

If an actor gets selected as A1 then there's also a chance A2 would be the same actor, therefore nothing happens. Would be better if A2 would register someone other than A1 always.

I was being male and had a female follower with me. The follower had faithful, but lover appeared as false. She would initiate convo and i guess reference her lover to the player and the player would very often reply this line "wow wow wow, i never heard you speak that way before". I guess it makes sense, but once i spawned another actor and she would declare the same thing that actor responded with the same line. That seems a bit off if you consider that would be their first meeting, so i suggest something like "I don't even know how to respond to that.". Also declaring faithfulness for the lover to random people seems a bit strange, especially if the script runs frequently an there's few actors, plus i think it might even be dangerous if this is declared to someone with rapist tag.

Other than that i don't know exactly how the other tags are supposed to work, i tried prostitution one but i didn't see dialogue specifically tailored to this so don't know if it works as intended. Also tried dominant and submissve tags, again no dialogue that seems to correspond exclusively to those.

You made it so the mod stops whenever certain conditions are met. Like the ones i mentioned earlier or if an actor is sneaking. Would be better if the script would choose someone else once it encounters some condition that would not make it run.

12.1, i played with it a bit.

A1 cannot be player, yet player is being selected as A1 sometimes. Would be better if it didn't.

If an actor gets selected as A1 then there's also a chance A2 would be the same actor, therefore nothing happens. Would be better if A2 would register someone other than A1 always.

I was being male and had a female follower with me. The follower had faithful, but lover appeared as false. She would initiate convo and i guess reference her lover to the player and the player would very often reply this line "wow wow wow, i never heard you speak that way before". I guess it makes sense, but once i spawned another actor and she would declare the same thing that actor responded with the same line. That seems a bit off if you consider that would be their first meeting, so i suggest something like "I don't even know how to respond to that.". Also declaring faithfulness for the lover to random people seems a bit strange, especially if the script runs frequently an there's few actors, plus i think it might even be dangerous if this is declared to someone with rapist tag.

Other than that i don't know exactly how the other tags are supposed to work, i tried prostitution one but i didn't see dialogue specifically tailored to this so don't know if it works as intended. Also tried dominant and submissve tags, again no dialogue that seems to correspond exclusively to those.

You made it so the mod stops whenever certain conditions are met. Like the ones i mentioned earlier or if an actor is sneaking. Would be better if the script would choose someone else once it encounters some condition that would not make it run.

Don't consider yourself with the messages about A1 or A2, they are for bug hunting. Better to turn them off from the MCM.

The fine nuances of what gets said to whom are still mainly undone and unrefined. I have been working on the 'main structure'. Eventually the dialogue will have more alternatives and it will be smarter too.

I was going to install this for the first time because it really sound awesome, but now I have some serious doubts. So is it still causing the frozen loading screen bug? Or it wasn't causing it? Sorry, english is not my first language so sometimes something get lost in translation.

I was going to install this for the first time because it really sound awesome, but now I have some serious doubts. So is it still causing the frozen loading screen bug? Or it wasn't causing it? Sorry, english is not my first language so sometimes something get lost in translation.

The latest version here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47307-sexlife/?p=1243639 should work fine, no frozen loading screen.

Same problem as before: gender preference is not displayed correctly for the player.

SexLab: Gay

SLA (Redux): Male

SexLife: shows as Female

If that is merely "cosmetic" - meaning that SLSL is displaying Female but will actually use whatever is set in SLA (male, in my case), then the issue is minor. But if it is copying (incorrectly) the value from SLA and then using its own copy, it would naturally break the game for me.

I do not see anything wrong how it behaves for me on a new game for either sex. You should test this behavior, go to a small cell and set player as A2 and someone else as A1 from the MCM. Remove all attributes from both. To trigger approach press comma ,

See is Player refuses the approach based on gender preference.

Guest ffabris

Same problem as before: gender preference is not displayed correctly for the player.

SexLab: Gay

SLA (Redux): Male

SexLife: shows as Female

If that is merely "cosmetic" - meaning that SLSL is displaying Female but will actually use whatever is set in SLA (male, in my case), then the issue is minor. But if it is copying (incorrectly) the value from SLA and then using its own copy, it would naturally break the game for me.

I do not see anything wrong how it behaves for me on a new game for either sex. You should test this behavior, go to a small cell and set player as A2 and someone else as A1 from the MCM. Remove all attributes from both. To trigger approach press comma ,

See is Player refuses the approach based on gender preference.

OK, something is not right. I followed the steps you gave, making sure before I started, that gender preference was set to male for both player and NPC. Then I triggered with , - dialog shows it failing because player says he "prefers women". There were 2 or 3 attempts before dialog stopped.

I went to check SLA settings, and the player preference had changed from male to female. So somehow, SLSL is altering what is set in SLA.

I reset the value back to male, and now, finally, SLSL showed the correct preference. I triggered again with , and this time, it worked.

Btw, this was tested with 0.12.3

OK, something is not right. I followed the steps you gave, making sure before I started, that gender preference was set to male for both player and NPC. Then I triggered with , - dialog shows it failing because player says he "prefers women". There were 2 or 3 attempts before dialog stopped.

I went to check SLA settings, and the player preference had changed from male to female. So somehow, SLSL is altering what is set in SLA.

I reset the value back to male, and now, finally, SLSL showed the correct preference. I triggered again with , and this time, it worked.

If you want easy solution just set SLA to Male or Female. In case SLSL sees BI setting it will randomly pick male or female each individual time.

I installed the mod and everything that it is doing is doing a loot of checks but never triggering any sex act and also none NPC has ever come to talk anything with my character.Is it right?

Yeah it can look like that sometimes.

Here's an update all, minor stuff.

adcSexlife-0.12.4.zip

Guest ffabris

If you want easy solution just set SLA to Male or Female. In case SLSL sees BI setting it will randomly pick male or female each individual time.

I do have it set to male - always had it set to male. SLSL is changing it to female, as I noted. In other words, SLSL is changing the SLA preference, rather than just "reading" it.

Ok,

ver: 0.12.3

loc: bannered mare

"You" began drinking, celebrating with everyone else and If i could see him I'm sure he was dancing. floating mug down by my knee.

After about an hour my follower approached my character and started talking about how gorgeous he was and that she wanted his stiff one inside of her or something. At that point I used sexlab submit and took her down to the rug where I could hear "You" asking if I needed help or if he could do anything for me.

but I think its all working.

I do have it set to male - always had it set to male. SLSL is changing it to female, as I noted. In other words, SLSL is changing the SLA preference, rather than just "reading" it.

This is for MCM, gets it straign from SLA, it definitely does not change anything. Weird.

string function GenderPreferenceAsText(actor akref)
    ; 0 - Male
    ; 1 - Female
    ; 2 - Both    
    ; Otherwise
    int pref = Main.SLA.GetGenderPreference(akref)
    if pref == 0
      return "Male"
    elseif pref == 1
      return "Female"
    elseif pref == 2
      return "Both sexes"
    endif
endfunction

This is for deciding if target sex was correct for initiator desire. Determines if there will be approach and sex. I do not see anything obviously wrong here either.

bool Function CorrectGenderForSex(Actor akRef, Actor akRefWith)
      int Preference = Main.SLA.GetGenderPreference(akRef)

if (Preference == 0) && (Main.SexLab.GetGender(akRefWith) != 0)
        ;Main.D("Actor1 wants male, got something else")
        return false
      elseif (Preference == 1) && (Main.SexLab.GetGender(akRefWith) != 1)
        ;Main.D("Actor1 wants female, got something else")
        return false
      else
          return true ; Bi sexual or got the target
      endif
 EndFunction

SL getgender()

GetGender()

int function GetGender(Actor ActorRef)

Gets the gender of the given Actor ActorRef, however unlike Skyrim's default GetSex() will also check for a faked gender as given by TreatAsMale() or TreatAsFemale().

Returns 0 for male, 1 for female, 2 for a creature that has a currently enabled SexLab animation and -1 for "none".

Anyone see anything? Ideas?

Guest ffabris

Seems fine, but I know zip about papyrus language.

Note that I have also seen NPC's preference in SLA go from "Male" to "Both" - I think others have observed it too. And it only happens with SLSL installed.

Guest ffabris

Dooge, sorry I was a bit pressed for time earlier. Let me try to give you a step by step, which may help pin point better. Hopefully.

• Start Skyrim without SLSL, set up (male) Player and (male) NPC preferences: SexLab = Gay, SLA = Male, for both.
  • Quit, enable SLSL, restart Skyrim.
  • Verify SexLab and SLA preferences are still set as initially. They are.
  • SLSL settings, clear all attributes for Player and NPC.
  • In SLSL, Player shows preference = Female. Check that SLA still shows Male, it does
  • Force a scene with , - observe that it fails since one of the two is incompatible (wrong gender preference)
  • Check MCM - SLSL shows Female preference for Player still, SLA has now changed to Female for Player, Both for NPC.
  • Fix both settings in SLA, then check in SLSL; they now show the correct preferences.
  • Trigger again with , - and it works.

From this I deduce that:

• SLSL is initially reading the preference incorrectly (or not at all?)
  • At some point after triggering, it is writing its saved preference to SLA (since the SLA setting changes from how I set it)

Also note that without SLSL loaded, SLA preferences never change from how I set them. So SLSL is doing it, somehow, somewhere. If you need more in depth debugging, I'll be glad to try. But since this isn't something I have done much, if there are INI changes to be made, please let me know what. :)

Hey Dooge,

Nice piece of work with 12.4.  Getting an occasional C++ Runtime error when the animation starts when  A1 NPC and  A2 is PC.  It's intermittent, going to be hard to narrow down what's wrong.  Any troubleshooting tip as to how to find the problem?  Maybe conflict with another mod?

Thanks,

Pcgeekri

Dooge, sorry I was a bit pressed for time earlier. Let me try to give you a step by step, which may help pin point better. Hopefully.

• Start Skyrim without SLSL, set up (male) Player and (male) NPC preferences: SexLab = Gay, SLA = Male, for both.
  • In SLSL, Player shows preference = Female. Check that SLA still shows Male, it does
  • Force a scene with , - observe that it fails since one of the two is incompatible (wrong gender preference)
  • Check MCM - SLSL shows Female preference for Player still, SLA has now changed to Female for Player, Both for NPC.
  • Fix both settings in SLA, then check in SLSL; they now show the correct preferences.
From this I deduce that:
  • At some point after triggering, it is writing its saved preference to SLA (since the SLA setting changes from how I set it)
Also note that without SLSL loaded, SLA preferences never change from how I set them. So SLSL is doing it, somehow, somewhere. If you need more in depth debugging, I'll be glad to try. But since this isn't something I have done much, if there are INI changes to be made, please let me know what. :)
Wow great report! This leaves me no choice but to fix it lol

There is one place where slsl changes sla update speed if it is 0. Maybe that is the problem

From this I deduce that:
Wow great report! This leaves me no choice but to fix it lol

There is one place where slsl changes sla update speed if it is 0. Maybe that is the problem

OK, so... when an Actor is selected for the first time, it gets checked that does it have attributes set.

If it has no attributes yet, it will be initialized. Part of that Initialization is to decide what sexual preference the actor will have, and this process will the existing preference. This is only done once, and can be turned off from the MCM/Configuration -> Initialize sexuality.

Uncheck that option and see if it happens again.