Inte, is there a chance you can add an option for when you escape, you keep the restraints on. It doesn't make much sense to me for them to magically disappear.

I was always wondering about that too and how you could even escape at all since the collar should just magically teleport you back to the jailer who would then punish you for attempting escape before tacking more time onto your sentence and throwing you back into your cell.  That and it would be hard to open any doors at all with your hands shackled behind your back.  One thing I think should be done though is that if someone is dumb enough to take the bit out of your mouth you should be able to shout since shouting costs no magicka and would not be affected by the magicka drain enchantment I am assume the collar has on it (among other things).  I notice that when you are in the cell, even with your hands restrained you can still get a pop-up on the door.  In Windhelm jail (not the jailer's place) it is ridiculously easy to escape just by either pick-pocketing the city guard as he walks by your cell door and taking his key.  Even if you fail he will open your cell door to attack you if you resist arrest (always thought that was nuts- resisting arrest while already in jail) and you can run out and past him and escape that way.  Also there's a bucket outside your cell that you can steal while in plain sight while not sneaking that will have the same effect.

I just upgraded from patch 8o though so maybe some of these things have been changed.  Already killed the first "Bounty Hunter Boss"  Glad to see they still have pretty much the same inventory.  That Home Cooked Meal really hits the spot, especially when you're using a needs mod.

How did you manage to kill the BH?

I'm doing fairly well until he/she calls for backup. Then we're of to jail. 

Windhelm jail has changed a lot. You do need to clean your save for the changes to take place though. 

Cool.

...and maybe another bug for the list. After finishing my arrest I let POP installed just to watch how general performance pressure is with that mod (no bounty, no bounty hunters). After a while I realized that I lose control over weapon equipping and sheathing (combat) on a regulary base. It's restorable with the ZAP menu for player controls but it's somehow annoying.

Not sure if it's the same but it sounds similar to the bug I reported a few pages back which Inte's fixed in 8u. When it happens if you look at the Player Controls in ZAP Fighting is set to "No" when it should be "Yes". I first noticed it was happening after a Flashbang event from DCL but other things may trigger it as well

Workaround for now is to restart ZAP (assuming it is the same bug) or drop back to POP 8s

Yep, sounds like the same thing. I just forced/restored player control in ZAP, but I have to do it on a regular base. Does restarting ZAP fix it totally ?

I don't know I'm afraid. After I tested the once for Inte I reverted back to 8s

It's permanent, at least until the next arrest anyways.

No issue, deinstalling + Save Game Script Cleaner are my friends. The author of the later mod has earnt 1 million endorsements for this on Nexus.

I'm level 81 and got max in all magic skills so I can take them on as a mage using Thunderbolt/Incinerate and protecting my carcass with Dragonhide.  Still a tough fight but doable.  I usually pop secret of arcana and spam the hell out of them with one of those destruction spells.  In the particular case where I killed the one in the screenshot I was at the BB Luxury Suite and I just hit him with Paralysis while Farquas and the other guard- chick you can hire went nuts on him..  Every time he would get up I would put him down again with paralysis before he could act.  I use balanced magic so maybe that is what gives me an edge since magic kinda sucks on vanilla.  Also have Apocalypse Spells + Dwemer Tech + Magne Ge but try not to use those (like just grabbing a BH with a force spell and flinging him off the top of a tower or cliff).  Also in another game I remember taking one down really fast with a pair of fully smithed-up, unenchanted dragonbone daggers and using elemental fury shout.  Took like 4 attacks.

Clean saved completely but having an issue getting arrested as Death Alternative will not send it over to POP.  I reregistered the plugins in DA and even turned off every single other option in blackout events except for POP and in that case my character just lies there forever and nothing else happens.  Still trying to work it out.  Might just submit to arrest without a fight but I always fight them whenever I can as my character isn't the giving up type.  Usually let them win though when I'm ready to be arrested, otherwise I don't go to jail until I get ninja'd.

just got ninja'd.  I think you should actually have to be hit by that spell in order for it to incapacitate you.  I ran out of the room when the BH was charging it and the line of sight was broken entirely and I still went down when he cast it.  When I read the Windhelm cell is bigger you weren't kidding...  Guessing it's still a WIP.  Too much light in there right now, hope it gets made darker.  Still can steal any item laying around in there though so I can still use the same silly trick to get him to arrest me, then resist and have him open the door to attack me and run out past him.  As soon as I can use my magic he and the rest of the guards are toast.  Should just make all those items player owned so you can't steal them.  Seems it would be a lot harder to pick the guard's pocket though since the only time he comes close enough to the door is the do some punishing by which time you are restrained in the middle of the room and by the time you are free afterward he is long gone.

The reason I've made it so the arrest spell does not have to make contact in order to incapacitate is because in my tests I could dodge that spell all day long, which is not all that immersive either. Perhaps I need to find a different FX for it. 

Lighting in the Windhelm cell seems OK in my game. (all vanilla)

attachicon.gif72850_20170324013723_1.png

attachicon.gif72850_20170817131101_1.png

Hmm, good point about stealing things exploit. I'll look into it, thanks.  ^_^

For the DA issue, in the POP MCM in 'Debug' page under 'Quests' is 'xpoIntegration' running? If not you'll have to do a manual reset, it's in the POP MCM, 'Debug' 'Force Manual Restart'. Also after the POP reset, re-register DA events as well.  

Oh, you most definitely have to resist the damn BH. :P

I loose 9/10 close combat battles with them. I do much better with ranged, but they do have those wicked paralyzing bows for unruly citizens, that get me most of the time.  

POP 8u has a surrender key, in case they become too much of a hassle.  ^_^

I love the ninja arrests, I am glad I listened to whoever suggested it. That and @Slorm's suggested random bounty.  ;)

I know! 

Amirite?

Out of curiosity, could we please get a toggle for whether we're left in our cuffs in our cells?  I know it's for violent or major crimes, but it's actually something that just personally bugs me a bit.

I understand it's not something everyone wants (which is why I've requested a toggle), but as much as I like the random bounties on POP 8J*, I've been thinking about rolling back to 8G in order to remain unbound in my cell. 

I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if I could toggle the cuffs, because there are certain situations I could see that being used for (escape attempts, mainly), but for most of my times in Skyrim's jails, I'd rather remain unbound unless something's actually happening.  Obviously, I have no issues with the collars, just the cuffs.

*(yes, I haven't updated in a long while, and it's because I don't do clean saves.  I update everything before starting a new character.)

Out of curiosity, could we please get a toggle for whether we're left in our cuffs in our cells?  I know it's for violent or major crimes, but it's actually something that just personally bugs me a bit.

I understand it's not something everyone wants (which is why I've requested a toggle), but as much as I like the random bounties on POP 8J*, I've been thinking about rolling back to 8G in order to remain unbound in my cell. 

I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if I could toggle the cuffs, because there are certain situations I could see that being used for (escape attempts, mainly), but for most of my times in Skyrim's jails, I'd rather remain unbound unless something's actually happening.  Obviously, I have no issues with the collars, just the cuffs.

*(yes, I haven't updated in a long while, and it's because I don't do clean saves.  I update everything before starting a new character.)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that may be part of the "hardcore" option.

Well then you will hate the new restraints in POP 8u even more. They should make jail escape almost impossible ... no ... no, you do not have to thank me ... you can thank @Blackhearted, apparently escaping was way too easy before.  ^_^

The cuffs should only stay on if in the hardcore mode and arrested for major crimes.

I have to say tho, I've only tested POP in the 'hardcore' mode.

You know, I don't think making the escaping attempt possible or impossible is the right path. Rather, a focus on consequences would be welcomed. I mean, bethesda did design the jails to be escapable to the point that they are full of holes. But maybe there is another kind of danger in those escape tunnels? Something that will make the jailer's antics seem nice in comparison.

Well then you will hate the new restraints in POP 8u even more. They should make jail escape almost impossible ... no ... no, you do not have to thank me ... you can thank @Blackhearted, apparently escaping was way too easy before.  ^_^

The cuffs should only stay on if in the hardcore mode and arrested for major crimes.

I accept your challenge. So, when?

I've only ever played in the non-hardcore mode (Needs mod, after all.  Lack of sleep won't directly kill me, but it cuts my health regeneration something fierce, and at a certain point, I have no health regen and food doesn't heal.) and, while I can't speak for anything newer, I can say with perfect honesty that every time I've been locked up in 8J, I've always been left in the cuffs.

Now, me, if I wanted to make escaping jail impossible (though I don't know the feasibility of this, because I can't code for shit in Papyrus.  It's not BASIC.), I'd tie in on the "Number of Escapes" stat or something, and after one or two escapes, take away the lockpick.

It's not that I try to escape (I rarely do, actually), but that spending 7+ days in Jail with your hands behind your back all the time would probably lead to death.

Now, I can't confirm if this non-hardcore "always locked up" thing persists in newer versions, as I haven't updated in a long time because, as I've said before, I don't clean-save.  I've screwed up too many games by trying to clean-save and having some other mod break the stack and trash the game.  So even if there are 'safe' ways to do so, I'll save updates for the next playthrough.  Now, with that said, I have been known to make exceptions on rare occasions.

I have no problems with escapes being really difficult, though.  I'm of the belief that as long as you're not yet an escape artist, you're unshackled in your cell and they don't search for lockpicks hidden in some unsavory place.  You escape, however, I'm perfectly fine with the next 30+ days of game time being set to "always locked up" as a lesson.  And I'd personally be going through there and making all those little grates and holes in the prisons need some really good lockpicking skills, because if you're going to break out using the secret exits, then you best either have a certain Daedric Artifact in your possession, or be really good with your one lockpick.

If I remember correctly, the main door to your cell is always Adept.  Most of those cheeky little escape hatches are novice.  I'd go through and set those escape hatches to Master.  You want to escape the easy way, you better be good with a really hard lock.  You want an easy lock, you get to be extra sneaky and try to play 'run from the guards'.

And in my game, I may have been a little evil with the guards by giving them all glass bows and a nice collection of pretty glass arrows.  Dragons, after all, are a bit of a pest, as are vampires.  And the same goes for rogue Dragonborns who decide to play a little lock-picky in their cell.

By the way, Inte, how far along are you in building the Labyrinth?

In extension, do you think it would be possible to commute the jail time to a number of (rigged) fights in an arena? Fights the character loses means getting a quick public humiliation. The character get healed after each fight then sent back. As for the humiliations, you and VirginMarie have already great ideas as it is and I am afraid I can't come up with better ones.

The Labyrinth requires a password to get out. I have spent some time in there trying to guess it, but with 8 pillars there must be like 1000 combinations. 

I've also read the sad sad Slave's story in the Maze. At least she left the password for the Maze behind. :P

Inte must really like passwords. :)