I don't think it's immersive that guards can cast spells.

Why not? I mean the player starts the game knowing one or two basic level spells, and finds a tome for another within the first 5 minutes. It's not much of a stretch to believe guards learn an arrest spell as part of their training. Between that and the magically appearing and releasing chains in the cells at whipping time, I'd say there's a pretty big Alteration training budget allotted.

The bigger question is since they have an arrest spell, why don't they ever use it when you're trying to run away?

That's a good argument actually. I just pictured guards as being a warrior class without the aptitude for magic, but it's practical that they know some restraining spells. I mean after that arrow to the knee they have more time to spend on studies. ;)

When it comes to your question, maybe the spell has a very short range?

You could possibly do something like what Maria Eden does with having shackles applied. 

The bit I don't like about how ME applies the shackles is that it looks too voluntary. (The PC turns around submissively and allows her captor to shackle her.)  

Thinking about it now tho, that could work when the player submits through dialog. Since I seldomly submit to an arrest I never thought to do that.

I'll look into that if I get enough requests for it, for I would probably never use it.

I like the 'ninja' arrests too much. ^_^ 

Just walking along being almighty, when I hear that blasted green ball flying through the air behind me. Next thing I know I'm all bound and helpless on the floor and completely under the BH's control. :blush:

Ok, another, very serious bug, going through prison does not remove my bounty.

When I am admitted to prison, my bounty does go away, according to the Statistics menu. However after being released my bounty is "restored" back to what it was before I was arrested.

I've included my papyrus log as usual.attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

After installing this mod on a new game, with the new version of the patch installed, I still have this bug. I'm fairly sure that it's due to the bounty storing system introduced in version 8 of the patch. I've included the new papyrus log as usual. Papyrus.0.log

Just walking along being almighty, when I hear that blasted green ball flying through the air behind me. Next thing I know I'm all bound and helpless on the floor and completely under the BH's control. :blush:

I love that when it happens, that random bounty is really evil at times :D

Ok, another, very serious bug, going through prison does not remove my bounty.

When I am admitted to prison, my bounty does go away, according to the Statistics menu. However after being released my bounty is "restored" back to what it was before I was arrested.

I've included my papyrus log as usual.attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

After installing this mod on a new game, with the new version of the patch installed, I still have this bug. I'm fairly sure that it's due to the bounty storing system introduced in version 8 of the patch. I've included the new papyrus log as usual. attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

I tried rolling back to version 7f of the patch, to see if that fixed the bounty bug, and it does seem to fix this one bug, but of course it comes with all the bugs that have since been fixed in version 8.

Ok, I will test the bounty storing.

But first, which version of PapyrusUtil are you running? You might want to re/install Ver 3.3.  

Okay, you should probably update the requirements in your description. I only had version 3.2 installed, however after updating to version 3.3, the bounty bug didn't go away. Additionally, it seems the prison quest wasn't ending properly; I couldn't actually see the statistics page until I used 'enableplayercontrols' in the console. I also started teleporting after the jailer as he was walking away.

The log had this error popping up a lot at that point:

[05/31/2017 - 10:18:40PM] Error: Cannot call IsDead() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[xpoPrisoner (1A002DBA)].xazpprisonerquest.OnUpdate() - "xazpprisonerquest.psc" Line ?
[05/31/2017 - 10:18:40PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp42"
stack:
	[xpoPrisoner (1A002DBA)].xazpprisonerquest.OnUpdate() - "xazpprisonerquest.psc" Line ?

Papyrus.0.log

Great mod and thanks for all the work you put in and continue to put in. Just wondering if there is a compatibility patch for the "open cities" mod?

Edit: never mind seems to work fine with open cities, at least with the teleport option, haven't tried it yet without the teleport option on yet. Anyhow Nice job :)

Bug confirmed and murdered. Thanks for the report. :blush:

Seems it only happened on a direct (non-scene) arrest.

Also fixed the log spam. ^_^

My spidy sense is tingling,  I sense an update comming on. 

Hooray for POP 8s! :) :)

Sorry for the seemingly dumb question. Is PapyrusUtil 3.1 truly needed? Or a better question, what will break if it is not there?

I ask because I just now saw it was listed as a requirement, and have been using the patches with what appears to be no problems. I actually have a pretty stable build now and have concerns adding PapyrusUtil 3.1 may introduce issues as Skyrimll has reported variable resets issues.

Thanks!

Sorry for the seemingly dumb question. Is PapyrusUtil 3.1 truly needed? Or a better question, what will break if it is not there?

I ask because I just now saw it was listed as a requirement, and have been using the patches with what appears to be no problems. I actually have a pretty stable build now and have concerns adding PapyrusUtil 3.1 may introduce issues as Skyrimll has reported variable resets issues.

Thanks!

I forgot PapyrusUtil once and the only thing not working were the import / export functions like settings saving in POP and outfit saving in DDequip.

I have a problem with the arrest scene. The guard casts a spell that puts a number of devices on my character(hood, arm and leg binds) and then my character is forced into a pose. At this point, if I haven't enabled "guards have fun before travel" in MCM, he will just stand there forever after taking my gold, and nothing happens. I have to enable "guards have fun" and get the scene before he will drag me to prison.

This must mean that the problem is with POP. Is there a fix for this? Or is there a way to disable the "arrested by spell" feature? I don't think it's immersive that guards can cast spells.

Ok, I will test this.

Thanks for the bug report. :blush:

IDK, if M'aiq can cast spells shouldn't the guards? ;)

Guards are usually Nords, and it shown incredibly often that Nords really don't like magic, of any sort.

Bug Report and a "Problem" Feature

1/ Bug - I was having a problem with a repeat visit to Dawnstar jail so did a forced reset. When I got back to Whiterun there was a stray PO BH so looks like that is what is producing them. I then tried another forced reset but the BH remained though it did not appear to produce another one. Minor issue as they're easy enough to zap.

2/ Problem Feature - not really a bug but could be nasty with the wrong mods. After I was released from Dawnstar jail the Jail Master says "I have a surprise for you" and fits the pc with devices from a previous visit. In this case it was a CD collar and belt but as that quest had already been completed the devices cannot be removed except by using a quest reset in CD. Is there a way to stop this, if not it really needs a toggle to switch it off as it doesn't seem a good idea to have to reset other mods to remove stuff.

EDIT: Thought I'd best add some details on the CD issue, it was late last night when I posted the above.

My first arrest was in Dawnstar where I'd handed myself in to a guard, I wasn't wearing any devices. My second arrest was by BH's and I was taken to Wildhelm. Now my memory is a bit flaky here, but I think I had just made a CD delivery to Winterhold when the BH turned up and took me to Wildhelm so I think I was wearing the CD belt and collar. Unfortunately my memory is a bit hazy as I was probably drunk (or going senile). I'm still using CD v3.84 btw.

I have POP set to NOT remove devices so that it only removes standard DD stuff but it seems like it's remembered that I had the devices fitted previously and then added them to me after I completed my third jail term back again in Dawnstar (poor old Betild had an "accident" with an arrow in the back - oops)

You could possibly do something like what Maria Eden does with having shackles applied. 

The bit I don't like about how ME applies the shackles is that it looks too voluntary. (The PC turns around submissively and allows her captor to shackle her.)  

Thinking about it now tho, that could work when the player submits through dialog. Since I seldomly submit to an arrest I never thought to do that.

I'll look into that if I get enough requests for it, for I would probably never use it.

So, can you add that submitting through dialog option for POP 8s? 

The PC turning around and allowing to be shackled would be more immersive that the "aggressive" green ball, no?