From the Deeps (abandonned)

View File

FROM THE DEEPS (REDONE) : A Lovecraftian adventure for Skyrim.

Want to support me? Visit my Patreon ! https://www.patreon.com/Delzaron

The first point

• A lovecraft like story, with a large Inquiry part, and two way to finish it : joining the cult, or destroying it.
  • A way lead to player enslavement (simple slavery connected !), the other to freaky scenes.
  • English written mod, but Mixbutterdog made a patch in japanese !
  • Female players designed mod, but version 2.3 discrimine player sex, and FTD is now playable with male characters.

FTD new version :

As you may know, I'm developping a new version of FTD, more Thief like.

The current FTD stays, but keep in mind it will be replaced by FTD new version at a point.

Dependendies :

• SexLab
  • Dragonborn
  • ZAZ

Soft requirement :

• XPMS skeleton.
  • More Nasty critters, billy or leito animation (sex scenes with creatures, such as lukers and rieklings)
  • Simple Slavery (for player soldl as slave)

Incompatible :

• Maria Eden (some dialogues line of that mod overcome FTD ones).

Collaborations :

• Pepertje (co author, dialogues fixer, screenshots) and Japanese version.
  • Aqqh for script trick and collaboration.
  • Alpha and Beta testers for their time, advices and critics.
  • Xluxlu for music.
  • Mixbutterdog for scripts, fixes, and Japanese version

Permissions :

• Use the mod assets as you want.
  • You're allowed to use this mod code as you want. You're not allowed to upload this mod on another platform. Assets belongs to their original authors.

Credits :

Current release : 2.6 (2.52 still available, with the japanese version, thanks to MixButterdog)

New version current release : alpha 0.2 (see it on it own page)

Mod description (Thanks to Long John) :
A series of disappearances of women from Solitude and across Haafingar. All the while there is a strange fog which never lifts the North Coast. To begin with it was just the peasant women who disappeared. Now however a noble woman has disappeared her family has applied political pressure to the Jarl and her court. This pressure has resulted in the launch of an investigation into the disappearances. As part of the investigation the Dragonborn is called in.... to enquiring in the Skyrim most isolated city : Insmouth.

Will you be able to find the reason for the disappearances, or become the next victim?

Play the adventure to find out...

Or, in video (thanks to Shinjy72) :

How to enter into Insmouth ?
Talk to Knyva, the gate keeper, and pay 200 gold.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/13/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, Dragonborn, ZAZ
  • Special Edition Compatible

So I take it the time has come for Cthulu to rise from the deep and consume our souls? 

Close... Dagon will rise from the deep and will consume Solitude.

People spoke about strange things, Fog will recover the city, strange noises and apparitions will occur... and, after a while, the whole city will be transformed.

And player and women will be use for breeding more Deeps inhabitants... do you see the horror, now ? :P

I really hope other people will develop other themed Old gods mods.... i still need to finish The Shub Niggurath one.

Solitude as Innsmouth.  That's a good idea, though Windhelm would be a better fit.  It is already old and rotten and creepy like how Lovecraft described his darker parts of New England.  Too bad the Dragonborn DLC did such a ram-shod job on what could have been a great gaming gimmick.

I hesitate to choose Windhelm instead of Solitude... and Windhelm seems more appropriate for working (less triggers...). And there are lot of argonians...

But transforming the nice solitude in a city always in fog, as a slaverun, ruled by cultists, keeped by lurkers...

Things are not yet fixed... I;m only at the bgeinning of the mod...

And some interiors (The groto, the temple, Ryelh breeding hall) will not change if we decide to use Windhelm instead of Solitude.

In another hand, lot of players want to see the fair solitude (and Elissif, and Elenween) transformed into slaves.

I agree that Windhelm would be a good setting for it but Solitude would defiantly be a good choice.  It already has a darkness underneath with Potenma and the Pelagious.  May even be able to tie into one of those a little.  This sounds good.  Only thing to tie into at Windhelm would be the Blood on Ice quest and Alicia already does that.  

Getting the psychological horror aspect of Lovecraft, Block, Derleth, etc. would be tough for mod.  One way MIGHT be to play on Lovecraft's theme of 'the world isn't how you think it is'.  Drop hints that belief in the Divines is actually a sham, the stories and legends about the Daedric Princes are just that...STORIES, and so on.  Maybe the Daedric Princes are another form of Elder God like Nodens or Bast.  If the Cthulhu Mythos holds true on Mundus like it did in Lovercraft's world, the Other Gods are the ones really calling the shots, but like from a million years ago.

And working dream sequences into a mod like this is a must, IMO.  ^_^

Let me point this out. Tamriel is very similar to the Cthulhu Mythos. The world is dream, populated by tiny pieces of it with their own wills, motives and such who non-the-less do not exist anymore than a fisherman from Innsmouth does- after all he is simply a tiny shard barely worthy of notice of the Blind Idiot God's dreaming. Dreaming that will end and make none of it have ever mattered when he wakes and the daylight wipes away the memories of his dreams.

There already are Lesser Gods men pray too to protect them from the horrors of the outer night- Gods that are fundamentally lesser than those outside- being mortal when they are not. The world is still ending, slowly, no matter what you do, say or believe. The dream is ending one pillar's destruction at a time. The world bones are being undone- partly by those very Adrea mankind and merkind alike worship. The White-Gold Tower is gone, Adamantine, Red, and such. One by one they vanish- ushered even faster by a powerful and ancient cult who seek to ascend with it's destruction.

Outside the borders of the frail you live in and can almost comprehend lay entities of vast, incomprehensible power that warp your land in their image with their very presence- whose mindsets and natures are so far beyond your own that morality does not even begin to apply- just it does for the Outer Gods of Cthulhu Mythos.

So you see you don't need to take from Cthulhu Mythos- for the groundwork is already there. Their is no need to slap Cthulhu inside as older and truly behind everything in some attempt to say this story is better than this one- let me prove it by saying it.  Instead those themes can be captured quite easily. All you need is for the Moramer to return from the Depths led by a high priest who achieved CHIM- unfathomable power, warping the dream about to his will- making walls vanish when they inconvenience him. A mind utterly broken by the secrets he discovered who has decided to rebuild his people so that when the world bones are gone they can return to aetherius with the rest of the truly worthy Mer- as the beast's and Men vanish into oblivion before they do.

These themes may not have been properly explored as of yet in any games released by Bethesda... but each and everyone has at least touched some of it- likely due to the developer's having just as high a respect for H.P. Lovecraft as you or I.  That doesn't mean that this can not fit absolutely perfectly with what is already there.  The scenario I mentioned above? took me thirty seconds to come up with- and all I wanted was someone with CHIM to serve as the face of the evil- and someway to keep the themes of the Deep Ones under the sea(the name could even be kept- just have it be a slang term like Dark Elf for the Mer who have tried to invade Tamriel and been pushed back into the sea before in the lore)

I hesitate to choose Windhelm instead of Solitude... and Windhelm seems more appropriate for working (less triggers...). And there are lot of argonians...

But transforming the nice solitude in a city always in fog, as a slaverun, ruled by cultists, keeped by lurkers...

Innsmouth was a run-down, once rather rich little fishing town that has seen better days but now is rotten and decayed. The town is also quite remote from the rest of the land and hard to get to, because most people avoid getting there in the first place...I think neither Solitude nor Windhelm fit this description much. They are both big capital hubs...

Winterhold however....its far away from "civilization", that whole earthquake that destroyed parts of the city? That alone could be a "hook" of sorts for a storyline (someone apparently did something that wasn't really pleasing the old gods and hald the city was destroyed etc). Also...Winterhold isn't that big. One can add a lot of stuff to the place, maybe a harbour down the coast etc, without interfering too much with already existing quests, architecture etc...

And as far as dreams go..."The dreamsearch for the unknown Kadath"...maybe not the most well-known piece of work from Lovecraft, but damn, its awesome. Especially the parts where the hero teams up with a tribe of ghouls...maybe give ghouls/undead nords a prominent role, besides getting slaughtered etc...and a female dreamsearcher that wants to befriend the "ghouls" to help her, plus sexout ... might be quite a win

What also comes into my mind: Though it would make Dawnguard/Dragonborn a requirement: The whole Soulcairn-feel and architecture as well as, of course, Apocrypha, might be perfect places to visit. As well as old remote ruins surrounded by nothing but ice and inhabitated by even oder creatures, ready to explore (Mountain of Madness anyone?)

I am quite a Lovecraft fan, so I guess I'll keep an eye on this. But just don't burn yourself out too fast :)Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

@Cold Burn

I see your point.  The thing is, Bethesda TES Lore doesn't scream terror or horror.  To me it reads like half-baked Micheal Moorcock with a splash of Tolkien thrown in.  It doesn't scare me.  I don't think it scares anyone.  I don't think it is meant to and there isn't anything mysterious about it.

@jmx

Genius.  Winterhold is pure genius.  It is practically a blank slate and it is in an out of the way location.

@Delzaron

If you want some custom creature meshes to replace the Dragonborn lurkers I can probably do that.  Make them look more like classic Lovecraft Deep Ones and less like grouper-people.  And the Dawnguard gargoyles are just begging to be made into Noden's Nightgaunts.

OK, i need to clarify this project and my point of view.

From the Deeps is a LITTLE project, with some Lovecraft and SexLab content.

(Deeps inhabitant procreation ritual, slavery, addiction, hold tranformation). That'all.

I will try to put horror atmosphere in the mod by this effects :

• According to quest progression, fog will progressively invade the city.
  • Triggers will noises and very short apparitions (For example, the lurker who spying you in the Inn cave disapear when you look him).
  • The cultists ceremony (Xluxlu can made a nice black metal/sea atmosphere music).
  • Ryelh : Cairn of soul cell with Apocrypha things. And Furo tubs off course !
  • Dialogues for NPC.
  • Cell musics changes... more dark, like Thames tunnels in Nighmare creatures.
  • Fate of player : the player will NEVER solve the problem. Once be raped and breeding lurkers, Player will receive a ability wich progresively decrease skills. The only temporary cure is to come back to the cult, and breed more lurkers. The player will join the cult as a servant (never as a cultist) and will used by the cultists as a tool for enslaving the entire city.
  • Player will be obliged to sacrifice several followers to remove the slave condition and become a servant.
  • The city will tranformed at this time : slave market, strange statues everywhere, lurkers guards... another effects like more fog... tentacles who come out of the sewers....
  • I wish to add some random effects (lurker looking the player when the player finished to sleep, souds of lurker behing the player (Invisible and invulnerable peaceful lurker who follow the player sometimes), horible screans from the sea).

@Cold Burn

I see your point.  The thing is, Bethesda TES Lore doesn't scream terror or horror.  To me it reads like half-baked Micheal Moorcock with a splash of Tolkien thrown in.  It doesn't scare me.  I don't think it scares anyone.  I don't think it is meant to and there isn't anything mysterious about it.

@jmx

Genius.  Winterhold is pure genius.  It is practically a blank slate and it is in an out of the way location.

@Delzaron

If you want some custom creature meshes to replace the Dragonborn lurkers I can probably do that.  Make them look more like classic Lovecraft Deep Ones and less like grouper-people.  And the Dawnguard gargoyles are just begging to be made into Noden's Nightgaunts.

I agree... except bloodmoon and maybe Molag bal quest, they are not horror tagged.

Winterhold : the problem is the college of magic. A Yog sothot centered story could be a better choice.

And for Dagon/Cthulhu, we need a harbor city : Solitude, Windhelm, Dawnstar...

If you can made creatures, yoiu should do that. Lurkers are already nice, but can be improved.... Maybe falmers are better for Nightgaunts.

Innsmouth was a run-down, once rather rich little fishing town that has seen better days but now is rotten and decayed. The town is also quite remote from the rest of the land and hard to get to, because most people avoid getting there in the first place...I think neither Solitude nor Windhelm fit this description much. They are both big capital hubs...

Winterhold however....its far away from "civilization", that whole earthquake that destroyed parts of the city? That alone could be a "hook" of sorts for a storyline (someone apparently did something that wasn't really pleasing the old gods and hald the city was destroyed etc). Also...Winterhold isn't that big. One can add a lot of stuff to the place, maybe a harbour down the coast etc, without interfering too much with already existing quests, architecture etc...

And as far as dreams go..."The dreamsearch for the unknown Kadath"...maybe not the most well-known piece of work from Lovecraft, but damn, its awesome. Especially the parts where the hero teams up with a tribe of ghouls...maybe give ghouls/undead nords a prominent role, besides getting slaughtered etc...and a female dreamsearcher that wants to befriend the "ghouls" to help her, plus sexout ... might be quite a win

What also comes into my mind: Though it would make Dawnguard/Dragonborn a requirement: The whole Soulcairn-feel and architecture as well as, of course, Apocrypha, might be perfect places to visit. As well as old remote ruins surrounded by nothing but ice and inhabitated by even oder creatures, ready to explore (Mountain of Madness anyone?)

I am quite a Lovecraft fan, so I guess I'll keep an eye on this. But just don't burn yourself out too fast :)Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Yes, a small town will be a more accurate choice, but we play sexlab too ! Transforming a big town means more possible interactions...

Let me point this out. Tamriel is very similar to the Cthulhu Mythos. The world is dream, populated by tiny pieces of it with their own wills, motives and such who non-the-less do not exist anymore than a fisherman from Innsmouth does- after all he is simply a tiny shard barely worthy of notice of the Blind Idiot God's dreaming. Dreaming that will end and make none of it have ever mattered when he wakes and the daylight wipes away the memories of his dreams.

There already are Lesser Gods men pray too to protect them from the horrors of the outer night- Gods that are fundamentally lesser than those outside- being mortal when they are not. The world is still ending, slowly, no matter what you do, say or believe. The dream is ending one pillar's destruction at a time. The world bones are being undone- partly by those very Adrea mankind and merkind alike worship. The White-Gold Tower is gone, Adamantine, Red, and such. One by one they vanish- ushered even faster by a powerful and ancient cult who seek to ascend with it's destruction.

Outside the borders of the frail you live in and can almost comprehend lay entities of vast, incomprehensible power that warp your land in their image with their very presence- whose mindsets and natures are so far beyond your own that morality does not even begin to apply- just it does for the Outer Gods of Cthulhu Mythos.

So you see you don't need to take from Cthulhu Mythos- for the groundwork is already there. Their is no need to slap Cthulhu inside as older and truly behind everything in some attempt to say this story is better than this one- let me prove it by saying it.  Instead those themes can be captured quite easily. All you need is for the Moramer to return from the Depths led by a high priest who achieved CHIM- unfathomable power, warping the dream about to his will- making walls vanish when they inconvenience him. A mind utterly broken by the secrets he discovered who has decided to rebuild his people so that when the world bones are gone they can return to aetherius with the rest of the truly worthy Mer- as the beast's and Men vanish into oblivion before they do.

These themes may not have been properly explored as of yet in any games released by Bethesda... but each and everyone has at least touched some of it- likely due to the developer's having just as high a respect for H.P. Lovecraft as you or I.  That doesn't mean that this can not fit absolutely perfectly with what is already there.  The scenario I mentioned above? took me thirty seconds to come up with- and all I wanted was someone with CHIM to serve as the face of the evil- and someway to keep the themes of the Deep Ones under the sea(the name could even be kept- just have it be a slang term like Dark Elf for the Mer who have tried to invade Tamriel and been pushed back into the sea before in the lore)

I Know... specially with sone Daedras (Hircine/Nodens for example)...

• For me, great ancients are not lesser gods like Aedras and Deadras... but they are more subtile and insidious. I never planned to put Dagon int he game, just lurkers, argonians, and Maomers. Just to write a little player slavery story with Dagon stuff. And I will nver cite Dagon, only the Lord of the deeps.
  • In my forsworn mod, only four quests will contains content about Shub Niggurath. No more.

If you want to made a great story mod about Tamriel rotting, you can... i planned that before, and I giveup : too lot of works. AFS is already bigger than I expected, diffcult to maintain, and I want to finish it. My next mods will be very little comparing to AFS.

And making several little mods is better for maintenance.

I dont know, ... a madness quest with people and a magician who perform superb illusion spells can be a nice mod for Nyarlathotep... no need to built the big one.

Hi.

How to start this mod??

Nothing happen to me in blue palace?

Talk to Inn keepers.

Ok, I have a plan :

- The town : Solitude

• The city, for after.
  • The dock will be very expended, like the mod Solitude a city of trade (So, Insmouth). It will be like a second solitude, but very poor and dirty.
  • First part of the mod will be in the docks.
  • The objective of the cult will be take the complete control of the docks first, and the city after (Put lurker seed in the potable water tanks of the city, use the pumps... etc)

I will not use Dawstar (too lot of snow, Vaermina quest) and Winterhold (I really disliake this city !)