1) Pick up an empty gem (eg. from ground)

2) Press the 'fill the soul gem' option

3) The gem gets plugged, wait 5 seconds

4) The gem gets automatically unequipped, removed from your inventory and thrown at your feet

5) Pick up the gem. It is now a filled soul gem.

Here are HDTPE-compatible mesh replacements for the lantern and carrot. It requires the HDT Physics Extension to see properly, but if you don't have it, it would show up just fine, just without the physics animation. Also tweaked the torch meshes a little bit.

pchsImmersivePlugs_hdt_test00.zip

I'm still having the duplication bug with items that trigger the prompt. I haven't figured out what is causing it (possibly RND, but it happens with non-food objects as well, such as torches and the like). If I have more info I'll try to report it. I also suggest having soul gems inserted one at a time, as it is possible to insert multiples (especially for like-named gems, where having one inserted as a plug and one being filled simultaneously--the character will end up losing the plug when the gem is filled).

Hope this helps!

1) Pick up an empty gem (eg. from ground)

2) Press the 'fill the soul gem' option

3) The gem gets plugged, wait 5 seconds

4) The gem gets automatically unequipped, removed from your inventory and thrown at your feet

5) Pick up the gem. It is now a filled soul gem.

yeah now its working. For some reason, it didn't work this morning.

Here are HDTPE-compatible mesh replacements for the lantern and carrot. It requires the HDT Physics Extension to see properly, but if you don't have it, it would show up just fine, just without the physics animation. Also tweaked the torch meshes a little bit.

attachicon.gifpchsImmersivePlugs_hdt_test00.zip

I'm still having the duplication bug with items that trigger the prompt. I haven't figured out what is causing it (possibly RND, but it happens with non-food objects as well, such as torches and the like). If I have more info I'll try to report it. I also suggest having soul gems inserted one at a time, as it is possible to insert multiples (especially for like-named gems, where having one inserted as a plug and one being filled simultaneously--the character will end up losing the plug when the gem is filled).

Hope this helps!

love that carrot hdt looks good the lantern tho lol its like that flame candle in super mario ghost thing its like its doing the matrix and also it doesnt light up as much stuff.

love that carrot hdt looks good the lantern tho lol its like that flame candle in super mario ghost thing its like its doing the matrix and also it doesnt light up as much stuff.

Thanks. Yea, the candle's flame effect seems to be set up only for static objects (some kind of sprite-based rendering effect), so it looks a little wonky when in movement. As for the lighting, it may vary depending on your light mods (if any). I haven't looked at the latest .esp, but I'm sure that it can be tweaked to adjust the light settings.

Hi there :D I like the idea and it works nicely.

IMPORTANT: These notes where based on the previous version not the last one, I will update as soon as I test the last version and get back to you (If you have already fixed those bugs, sorry for any inconvenience)

Reporting 2 little bugs : 
1- It seems that using this mod I can get infinite number of any thing that is used as a plug :D by doing these steps 

• let's try this on a skooma bottle
  • first I use it as plug
  • then go into inventory and drop the wearable skooma plug that is added in the apparel tab (this causes 2 things to drop the original skooma bottle AND the skooma plug)
  • then simply pickup the skooma plug and use it like any normal piece of cloth from inventory
  • drop the skooma plug again 
  • and 2 more things drop :D (the plug and another skooma bottle)
  • keep doing this to get infinite number of skooma bottles

2- Also when I keep using any drinkable (ass suck-able lol) bottle again and again the effect keeps being added every time, I think you should consider replacing the used bottle with an empty one so the drinking effect doesn't  happen except the first time using the bottle.

Suggestion:

I think the menu that keeps popping each time I pick anything is a little bit annoying...
Maybe you can make the usage as plug triggered from inside the inventory ... like when I choose a carrot from my inventory and press use, instead of eating it directly I get your popup menu.  (This way I won't be annoyed by popping menus while roaming the world picking items, and when i decide to use it, I can easily do so from inventory) 
[i think this can be achieved by linking your menu to the "use" action and not to the "pickup" action]

How do I get a broom to work as a plug?

He will probably add it in upcoming updates

As mentioned in description

For now, this works for:

• carrot
  • horker tusk
  • ladle
  • mead bottle
  • flute
  • skooma
  • torch
  • bucket
  • soulgems (petty, lesser, common)

@onesumgame

The ones listed in the list above work when picked up or console added to inventory the ones not listed in the above list have to be console added to your inventory and then you have to go into your inventory and equip them there.

It worked. Thanks!

Okay, the torch thing made it, now this mod is one of my favorites, lol.

My only issue still goes with having to drop crap on the ground. I understand the dificulty for most of the situations, but couldn't the plugs go directly into the inventory when unequipped? I've lost a couple soulgems like that due to some clipping with the floor, and in some situations it's kinda hard to work with it. For example, equipping and uneqquipping a torch as a plug in absolute darkness can get tricky.

Yay, working anal torches!

I would love to see if whenever you equipped/unequipped a plug your character would let out a moan.

And a fart j/k

Actually a wet chuggy gurgle sound when skooma, (*), bottles are 'equipped' would be nice.

(*) The BBC would like to point out that other liquid based anal plug products are also available. If you have been affected by any of the issues raised by this modification a telephone helpline has been setup on 0870 444 1820.

• 2 weeks later...