Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding

AwfulArchdemon

Is there a way to remove an outfit from a DLC pack?

I have a pack that I want to keep, but some outfits I want to use take up slots already used by the pack. Is there a way to take remove the outfits from the pack that I don't want?

You can extract the files from the DLC with Archivarius, then repack just the ones you want with the DLC Tool utility.

I've came across this topic, and I can't help but ask:

Costumes mods are nice (not a fan of nude ones), but do you think that one day there will be mods that change the HUD so it's like the one from the Ultimate arcade version? Because since vanilla 5 the HUD it's pretty bare, I don't like it :(

Also, I wonder if there will be a way to replace the announcer voice, because it sucks. Why they removed Monica or original DOA, why :(

I'm new to modding and i'm starting to learn how to create mods. I pretty much understand how umod works and how i can change colors. Now i'd like to know if more difficoult things are possible.
1) Is it possible to add accessories to a costume? For example a pair of gloves or a scarf (i mean actually adding them, not something like coloring hands)
2) Is it possible to "merge" the costumes of a characters (shirt from a costume 1, skirt from costume 2, shoes from costume 3... All from the same character)?
3) Can i do the same, but with costumes of different characters (shirt from a costume 1 of characters A, skirt from costume 2 of characters B, shoes from costume 1 of characters C)?

Thank you.

I'm new to modding and i'm starting to learn how to create mods. I pretty much understand how umod works and how i can change colors. Now i'd like to know if more difficoult things are possible.

1) Is it possible to add accessories to a costume? For example a pair of gloves or a scarf (i mean actually adding them, not something like coloring hands)

2) Is it possible to "merge" the costumes of a characters (shirt from a costume 1, skirt from costume 2, shoes from costume 3... All from the same character)?

3) Can i do the same, but with costumes of different characters (shirt from a costume 1 of characters A, skirt from costume 2 of characters B, shoes from costume 1 of characters C)?

Thank you.

Yes to all three. You will need Blender, Noesis, and the TMC Polygon and TMC Polygon Insert tools.

Thank you.

Yes to all three. You will need Blender, Noesis, and the TMC Polygon and TMC Polygon Insert tools.

So i can have the same exactly costume, but with a pair of shoes of another one? That's great! Is there a guide to do that?

Thank you.

So i can have the same exactly costume, but with a pair of shoes of another one? That's great! Is there a guide to do that?

This tutorial was particularly helpful for me: http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11221937/1/

Thank you.

This tutorial was particularly helpful for me: http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11221937/1/

Thank you, i'll give it a try. Just to know, is it hard or long? I'd just like to change a pair of shoes of a costume with another pair (or small changes like this). I don't need to change lots of things.

Oh, and one last thing. Are there some limitation to what i can add to a costume? Can i add for example a scarf to a costume that doesn't already have it?

Thank you, i'll give it a try. Just to know, is it hard or long? I'd just like to change a pair of shoes of a costume with another pair (or small changes like this). I don't need to change lots of things.

Oh, and one last thing. Are there some limitation to what i can add to a costume? Can i add for example a scarf to a costume that doesn't already have it?

It's a bit difficult to get a grasp of things at first, if you haven't done much mesh modding before. However, once you get the hang of it, you can do things pretty quickly.

To change shoes between costumes for the same character would take maybe 10-15 minutes of jumping between Noesis and the TMC Polygon/TMC Polygon Import tools.

Once this is done, make a DLC file with DLC Tool or replace a built-in costume with your mod using lnk_reshuffle.

Feel free to ask away if something doesn't quite make sense.

You can definitely add a scarf to a costume without one.

post-910998-0-65882400-1439654976_thumb.png

As for limitations, you will be limited by the number of mesh slots in a TMC file. To add a mesh item, you will probably have to remove an existing mesh item. There are also texture limitations, since texture slots are also limited.

Thank you.

I started this morning reading this tutorial, but I'm having a bit troubles (maybe i started with a bit difficult task due to the fact that i started learning how to mod only yesterday afternoon).

I started trying to give these gloves (Costume 1) to a random costume (Costume 2)

The problem is that while in the tutorial the torn shirt has it own texture, the first costumes has several things in the same file "HELENA_DLC_002" (Texture), so I don't really understand what I have to do with the swapping part. Can you help me a bit? Files are "HELENA_DLC_002" and "CHRISTIE_COS_005"

Thank you.

I started this morning reading this tutorial, but I'm having a bit troubles (maybe i started with a bit difficult task due to the fact that i started learning how to mod only yesterday afternoon).

I started trying to give these gloves (Costume 1) to a random costume (Costume 2)

The problem is that while in the tutorial the torn shirt has it own texture, the first costumes has several things in the same file "HELENA_DLC_002" (Texture), so I don't really understand what I have to do with the swapping part. Can you help me a bit? Files are "HELENA_DLC_002" and "CHRISTIE_COS_005"

If you want to use those Helena gloves, you will need to swap that Helena texture file (along with the normal and specular texture versions), with 3 texture files listed in that Christie tmc file. You must swap a diffuse file with a diffuse, a specular with a specular and a normal with a normal (the purple version of your texture). Sometimes if the texture "slot" you try to use on your base tmc file has small textures (eg 64x64 res etc), or wet clothing variant maps, the process wont work, so try to pick textures that are at least 256x256 and that have a diffuse, normal and specular variant.

Also, I am almost positive that you would need to manually position those gloves in Blender, because Helenas body will be slightly smaller than Christies. Conversely, you could swap any gloves or shoes etc between Christie and Sarah without having to position anything in Blender, because they have the same size body. See this excellent chart...

https://i.imgur.com/xeOQ770.jpg

Until you get the hang of it, it may be easier for you to do swaps between characters who have the same size body.

Without doing some UV mapping in Blender or knowing a bit a about Photoshop, it can be hard to find base costumes that have the spare texture slot you will want. With that Christie costume you mentioned, space is probably limited as there is likely only a texture slot for her dress and shoes.

When you learn to do UV mapping in Blender you can re-postion where an object reads its texture from on a textures file (move it to the left or right of the file, shrink it down etc). Using layer masks in Photoshop will allow you to merge two existing texture files into one, so you can have two completely unrelated objects taken from different characters, getting their texture from the same file (assuming they arent taking up the same space on the texture file).

Thank you.

As Cyric said, it is better to start off by swapping costumes between characters that share the same body type. Giving items to a character with a different body type will usually require you to edit the mesh first to rescale and reposition it.

If you don't know how to remap UVs yet, you can remove a mesh from the destination character that has its own texture slots (unshared with anything you want to leave as-is). Import the new mesh into this slot, and import the new mesh's textures into the old mesh's texture slot.

Once you've gotten used to this, you can take the next step, which is using Blender to adjust meshes.

Alright, tried my luck poking around creating cheats with Cheat Engine and can't crack it. Is there a way to load different models into each lose / win pose?

EG can I have Tina in Helena's lose pose somehow? Everything I try does nothing or crashes as soon as the character loads.

I've came across this topic, and I can't help but ask:

Costumes mods are nice (not a fan of nude ones), but do you think that one day there will be mods that change the HUD so it's like the one from the Ultimate arcade version? Because since vanilla 5 the HUD it's pretty bare, I don't like it :(

Also, I wonder if there will be a way to replace the announcer voice, because it sucks. Why they removed Monica or original DOA, why :(

There is an option in the game to replace the announcer's voice with the voice of any of the characters you have complete command training with.

I've been noticing that some of the costumes in my collection look different in Noesis than they look in-game. The attached screenshot shows two Rachel costumes from version 4.5 of that big 3DM pack as shown in the game alongside how they look in Noesis. Obviously the textures are screwed up in the Noesis window, but they look alright in-game except the two skirts are invisible. Do they have transparency values that my Radeon HD 7870 isn't handling correctly? Were the costumes possibly just purposely altered to make the skirts not visible?

post-820024-0-72820700-1441325700_thumb.png

Archived