Dead or Alive 5: Last Round Modding

AwfulArchdemon

Helena's new maid.

porting some old 360 stuff to PC.

Cool stuff.

Hope I will be able to pull something remotely similar to this off one day. Being able to do mods like this will keep the game fresh for a long time.

Helena's new maid.

porting some old 360 stuff to PC.

Cool stuff.

Hope I will be able to pull something remotely similar to this off one day. Being able to do mods like this will keep the game fresh for a long time.

How are you, timmyc?

This might be a little off-topic, however, I was wondering if you could share

those two files you uploaded on 3dm in LL, too.

Thank you for your time and effort regarding doa5lr modding so far regardless of your decision.

How are you, timmyc?

Thank you for your time and effort regarding doa5lr modding so far regardless of your decision.

I released two packs with several characters there with shoes and enhanced boobage and made nipples more organic to test the waters but the reception hasn't been what I had expected, so I haven't thought about releasing elsewhere or more of the stuff.

It seems like most people either can't tell any subtle enhancements or don't care enough to appreciate the amount of work that goes into making that kind of mods possible (good example is Harry's new refined models with subtle but much appreciated enhancements)

Most modders i've known for doa usually release 1 or 2 things at the start then quickly stop releasing after they realize how lazy most people in the so called "community" are. Then we have issues of noobs taking your mods and posting them "everywhere" like it's theirs. one time some guy took one of my 360 mods and posted it on funking tecmo's facebook page. People are just not all that smart.

Having said that i never considered "leechers" as part of the modding community anyway.

I try to use what "knowledge and skills" I do have to "contribute" to the "community" when I can. Lotta quotes there, I know, lol.

That said, I can only do basic and "intermediate" level stuff. The "real" modding is a bit beyond me, I'm afraid. Some people appreciate what I can do, but I know most people on here just want to see the next girl naked.

I'm thinking of making a set Palmer's new meshes and the current "updated" textures, but I know that:

a. most people probably won't care about it by now.

b. someone could probably make a better pack

c. by the time I finish it, there will probably be another pack out.

But I might do it anyway, just for the fun of it.

How are you, timmyc?

I released two packs with several characters there with shoes and enhanced boobage and made nipples more organic to test the waters but the reception hasn't been what I had expected, so I haven't thought about releasing elsewhere or more of the stuff.

It seems like most people either can't tell any subtle enhancements or don't care enough to appreciate the amount of work that goes into making that kind of mods possible (good example is Harry's new refined models with subtle but much appreciated enhancements)

Why did you only release those on 3dm? I'd love to have a shoes pack. :)

Why did you only release those on 3dm? I'd love to have a shoes pack. :)

At the time of release Harry had already announced the refined models. I didn't want to take any attention away from him since my stuff is still 99% his models anyway.

It's amazing the kind of things people take for granted. I put these packs out which took me a lot of time to learn and create yet people can complain about the stupidest things. Complaining about things that are available for free is a new concept to me. :)

If you take a look at Holden's or Harry's threads there have always been random people dropping in asking when who and who will be available as if they were Harry's bosses when they have basically received work that represents months of research and manual labor at no cost, or you get people complaining about butt holes. Lol

It's amazing the kind of things people take for granted. I put these packs out which took me a lot of time to learn and create yet people can complain about the stupidest things. Complaining about things that are available for free is a new concept to me. :)

It's the sad truth of the internet. But it doesn't matter whether it's free or not, some people will always complain.

But that shouldn't get you down. As long as there are more positive comments than negative ones, you are on the right track. It's in the human nature to pay more attention to the negative ones, but you really shouldn't do that, it's really demotivating.

That being said, I would love to see your mods here as well. If you have the knowledge and ability to create something it would be a waste to keep it to yourself.

Thank you very much, I hope the internet community doesn't get you down too much.

Sadly I'm on a trip and won't be back for another week or two.   By the time I get back the DOA5 scene here will most likely have died down already.   There's very little excitement surrounding the new releases of Harry's models.  It appears to me that most people have already lost interest in this game since nakedness has been available for over a month now. 

Sadly I'm on a trip and won't be back for another week or two.   By the time I get back the DOA5 scene here will most likely have died down already.   There's very little excitement surrounding the new releases of Harry's models.  It appears to me that most people have already lost interest in this game. 

Possibly because of the lack of multiplayer and nude models for the remaining characters.  I'm still waiting on Honoka :-P

Some updates -

Direct one to one conversion is working wonderfully.  I have been spending time on trying to solve an issue with custom made models such as Harry's where some parts are borrowed to "fill in the gap" in the body mesh.  This is for people with very advanced (to me) 3ds max modeling skills that can change mesh groupings (I suspect it is for texturing purposes)

Last week I thought I could just copy all vertices over while adhering to the mesh data, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it.  Parts of the model will look all messed up.  I was able to fix it by copying the index buffer from Harry's model to my test TMC file and the model starts to resemble Harry's model.

Now it looks much better, but something is still not right about the "lady parts."   Here I was stuck for a while trying to put pieces together, and then I realized that it was because I have not updated the UV/normals.    Today I spent some time identifying UV and normals using hex editor since I know the vertex length of both formats, it only boiled down to 64 byte max, and I think I have got a pretty good result:

attachicon.giflisa_test05.jpg

It is still not quite right, but I am spent at this point.  I think I might have to also copy the index buffer for the normals and maybe some other stuff, and I still need to understand how to read the 360 TMC files to be able to do this with a click of a button (or 3) without having to rely on external input such as "mesh_data."  I will probably pick it up again next week.  All in all, this has been a pretty interesting experience.

Here are some test screen shots.  Many thanks to SaafRats that is helping me test my program.

attachicon.gifHonokaTest01.jpgattachicon.gifHonokaTest02.jpg

holy shit that looks great, keep up the good work ! :)

Ya, it's pretty much that I don't know how....

Unless this is something that can be done through hex editing. If that is the case, please point the way to a tutorial.

If you've mastered Harry's tut we can move on from there.

if you can go and find the location of the body in the tmc file using the hex editor as well as tell me how many vertices are in the body object.

(Which is all obtainable from 3dmax using mario's script)

What we need to do is take the body from one model and port it onto a new costume, only it's like ripping out a chunk of machinery, we need to manually rejoin all the "wires"  through hex.

Don't lead him to hell man.

Another weekend, another port.

People really need to get on board and start creating stuff, because it's not like you all don't know how anymore? :dodgy:

rTHWii4.jpg

That mod looks amazing. Are there more like this? There are so many great costumes in this game already that could be so much better, if the girls were more exposed whilst wearing them :)

pls post more pics and file links if you can.

Guest GuachaLover23

Another weekend, another port.

People really need to get on board and start creating stuff, because it's not like you all don't know how anymore? :dodgy:

rTHWii4.jpg

That mod looks amazing. Are there more like this? There are so many great costumes in this game already that could be so much better, if the girls were more exposed whilst wearing them :)

pls post more pics and file links if you can.

we could have done that thought Umod if it was not so limited

Archived