[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

On 6/19/2021 at 8:22 PM, landess said:

I began a reply last night just before the site 'went down' so never got to finish or post it. Glad i didn't because apparently I wasn't thinking as clearly as I should have.

I had suggested having the 'active Sim whore' just quit and then get rehired as 'needed'. (Assuming the Brothel was under Player control as well).

Reading LadySmoks reply reminded me 'Why the hell would you employ yourself' to begin with? My most successful Brothel was run by a 'Scientist' with 3 KW Sexbots. Now those Sexbots that were employed as Brothel Whores DID live there and were on a schedule - and I never actually played them. They stayed in the home on the lot and I let them do whatever while I focused on the Owner/Scientist. They never left home - so never got 'Go HOME EX' pushed back.

If he wanted to provide services to customers, all he had to do was solicit them. He never needed to employ himself or even 'begin whoring'. Because he was the owner, and the Inactive/NPC Sims were pushed there by the mod to use the brothel - He only had to 'SOLICIT' them!

It's a way I didn't think about it. Thank you for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Niview said:

it didn't work.

Return to Cmar's page and start reading. Then download the right penis and skins for what you are doing, and follow her instructions that have worked since 2012.

Can anyone give me some tips on running the brothels? I'm trying to hire inactive NPCs and play as a brothel owner. NPCs don't actually seem to work when I hire them and assign them to a lot (The lots were also registered as brothels). They were also leveled in the woohoo skill. I'm assuming that there's something else I need to do, so I figured I'd ask here. I saw some mentions of scheduling them earlier in the thread, but I've never seen anything like that in the OKW settings. I'm almost certain it's scheduling that I'm missing because mostly everything else was explained in game by the mod.

54 minutes ago, bloodbus said:

I hire them and assign them to a lot (The lots were also registered as brothels). They were also leveled in the woohoo skill. I'm assuming that there's something else I need to do, so I figured I'd ask here. I saw some mentions of scheduling them earlier in the thread, but I've never seen anything like that in the OKW settings.

Not sure how you assign them and didn't see scheduling, since are both done using either the phone or computer. Turning on Call Girls in the KW menu just creates random prostitutes that don't work for you, if that is what you did.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Not sure how you assign them and didn't see scheduling, since are both done using either the phone or computer. Turning on Call Girls in the KW menu just creates random prostitutes that don't work for you, if that is what you did.

Your reply helped me find it lol. I just didn't click far enough into the settings. Thank you

18 minutes ago, bloodbus said:

Your reply helped me find it lol. I just didn't click far enough into the settings. Thank you

Honestly, my advice is to click... click... click even if you think you already clicked that... and continue to click, as there are many settings in both the KW settings menu and the KW debug menu. You, as well as others who read this will serve yourself well to explore the mod in depth. There is a lot there! )

Apologies for the silly question. This mod usually works relatively fine, but the actress career nearly breaks my game after around a week until I close and reopen the game. Also the progression for that career is god awful. By the time my sim reached level 3, my other sim had maxed out their own career (Who was living almost completely autonomously). It's literally a part of OKW, so it doesn't make any sense to me that the actress career doesn't progress based on woohoo or exhibition skill

58 minutes ago, bloodbus said:

the actress career nearly breaks my game

I may have tried actress career once, and can't remember which build, or why I never bothered with it again. Perhaps someone who has or does use that career option will eventually see this and help you. You do make things difficult, as most do, as there are multiple versions of KW, all with different bugs, and no one ever says which build they are using.

I link Oniki's Patreon where she posted Build 409 (final KW version) free here.

Sorry I wasn't trying to post a bug report or anything, just kind of complaining I guess. I did updated to 409 though, so we'll see if that makes it any better. I was on 405 because that was the most up to date version I could find several months ago. Thanks again for being helpful :)

1 hour ago, bloodbus said:

just kind of complaining I guess

Well, vent, yes, but complaining does little good as Oniki has not been here in years, that anyone knows of. She wouldn't have listened anyway, as her time was spent adding more bugs that Patreon patrons paid her to add... you know, like running around in a towel until you make your sim change, or collect sperm??? Thank goodness the off switches actually work for those!

For what I use KW for, 409 had been fairly stable. Again, I haven't used the model/ actress career, so can't speak to it.

20 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Well, vent, yes, but complaining does little good as Oniki has not been here in years, that anyone knows of. She wouldn't have listened anyway, as her time was spent adding more bugs that Patreon patrons paid her to add... you know, like running around in a towel until you make your sim change, or collect sperm??? Thank goodness the off switches actually work for those!

For what I use KW for, 409 had been fairly stable. Again, I haven't used the model/ actress career, so can't speak to it.

Yeah I've vented about all there is to say. Overall the mod works okay enough so that was just one point of annoyance. The 409 build made it run slightly better though, and the pay for that career was improved significantly at least

12 minutes ago, Noia do Rio De Janeiro said:

(it's a image) flip a coin to see which is the most recent, but I think it's the bottom one

You have a question? Perhaps just a little reading, you would have seen only 2 or 3 posts above...

On 7/15/2021 at 11:31 AM, LadySmoks said:

I link Oniki's Patreon where she posted Build 409 (final KW version) free here.

Build 409 is most recent. 399 was garbage, filled with bugs and problems.

Edit: Ahhhh passed while typing! You have 409... good. Not perfect, but very very good and will be the last version.

No one here can change the first page. That is why I post the link on my help page and tell everyone.

Edited by LadySmoks
13 hours ago, bloodbus said:

Yeah I've vented about all there is to say. Overall the mod works okay enough so that was just one point of annoyance. The 409 build made it run slightly better though, and the pay for that career was improved significantly at least

You were asking about the acting career ? This is where you get a offer to join the career after posting some selfies ? Your sim does some cam modelling etc then get asked to meet Swifters. And suddenly he brings in someone (for my sim it was Bretzel Washington) ? and now your sim has to have sex with him ? Yeah its broken as hell based on that alone (i took Bretzel into CAS and changed them to female but it broke the scripted event). I don't think the career was ever finished though anyhow.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:34 AM, James2112 said:

You were asking about the acting career ? This is where you get a offer to join the career after posting some selfies ? Your sim does some cam modelling etc then get asked to meet Swifters. And suddenly he brings in someone (for my sim it was Bretzel Washington) ? and now your sim has to have sex with him ? Yeah its broken as hell based on that alone (i took Bretzel into CAS and changed them to female but it broke the scripted event). I don't think the career was ever finished though anyhow.

You're talking about the modeling career. The actress one is slightly different, but functions basically the same way. If I remember right that career doesn't progress after a certain point, exactly like how professional whore doesn't go past level 1 and actress beyond level 3. I'm pretty sure both modeling and actress break about half the time anyway. I'd love to attempt to edit the mod and actually finish the actress career at least if Oniki really isn't working on this anymore

2 hours ago, bloodbus said:

I'd love to attempt to edit the mod and actually finish the actress career

Pretty sure you can do anything you want, and share it if that's the case. I doubt OnikiKay went to Electronic Arts and asked permission before creating KinkyWorld.

As a mod user I'd just say always give credit due and don't try to charge money for anyone else's work. Those 2 things seem to always be the biggest issues when making a mod public.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I personally just downloaded a mod someone made for the old Star Wars X-Wing Alliance game. I own the original TIE Fighter game and someone took that and recreated it using the Alliance game which has a 'remastered' mod created so it can be played on new systems.

I don't think EA, or LucasArts (now gone) was contacted before these mods were made. As long as they're free, it would take an expensive court procedure to cease and desist the public availability of the mod. Sometimes a corporation would make the effort, while other mods are left alone because they still require ownership of the original game/program.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, landess said:

Pretty sure you can do anything you want, and share it if that's the case. I doubt OnikiKay went to Electronic Arts and asked permission before creating KinkyWorld.

Reveal hidden contents

Is there some kind of post or guide here that talks about that or is that a "You're on your own" sort of thing?

6 minutes ago, bloodbus said:

a "You're on your own" sort of thing?

That one. You can try contacting Oniki... not sure how, possibly on her Patreon page. She may clue you in on her coding, she may not.

On a lark I revisited The Sims 3 and updated KW to the latest Patreon version. Grabbed a few extra animation sets while I was at it.

What I *didn't* expect was that the new sets were exclusive to the save I'd added them into. They were missing from the next new save I made. Sure, I exported the settings from that first save and imported them into the new one and they were there, but still. *pout*

5 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

I exported the settings from that first save and imported them into the new one and they were there, but still. *pout*

AS @landess would say...

Welcome To The Party Pal GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That save settings and then import after you spend time setting them up does not work has long been one of my gripes.

18 hours ago, DarkAudit said:

were exclusive to the save I'd added them into

I find that feature about the Sims 3 very useful. Every save is basically it's own game. This gives the players the ability to create different 'package' folders for different saves if one wants.

Concerning the KW settings. There's something odd going on there, as I made a setting export a few years ago after I got everything the way I wanted it. I still use this same export each time I create a new game. Yes, I have to add a 'few' animation registrations when I do this but it's not a big deal. The odd thing is when one wants to make a new export, the message/notification that the export failed, or trying to use an export on a game which has already had an export uploaded previously will also fail. The one thing I never tried was to delete the file first before trying to make a new one. Since the file is saved as a Library Bin 'family' - it's easy enough to find the KW settings export.

49 minutes ago, landess said:

export failed

You seem to have contrary Kinky World? I can export all day... it is when I try to import the saved settings that I get the fail notice. Everything is odd. Sometimes, if I travel to a new world, the current settings carry to that world. Other times, they do not and KW resets to it's base, and I must go thru all of the settings AGAIN... for that world. Those settings will still be there if I leave and then return, even if I make other changes.

I have tried deleting the library file. I'm not sure, but it seems KW writes a file and saves it internally also, as even with that file gone, and caches deleted, those settings will be there. It's as if KW writes to the game save. And it must be in the NHD file, as I delete the other regularly as part of save cleaning.