[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

25 minutes ago, inrush said:

Looks like KW will be abandoned...

No more than the Sims 3 has been abandoned . . . . 

Both are a done deal. People are still making CC for the Sims 3. People are still making CC for Kinky World. Personally I'm glad if the mod is done. Makes it much easier to figure out what works, what doesn't and keeps the constant troubleshooting down compared to new versions which introduced new bugs. I've mentioned in the past I don't care to become a Patreon supporter, making monthly payments to a never ending cycle of releases and updates. Once completed I planned on making a one time donation as I do appreciate what the mod brings to the Sims 3, regardless of flaws or features. I guess now I can make that donation and be done with the whole waiting for it to 'be finished'.

1 hour ago, inrush said:

Looks like KW will be abandoned...

@landess summed it up well. At this point, he, I and others will be here, playing our Sims with Kinky World, compiling our experiences as to what does or does not seem to work and all share these experiences with each other, and figure out the answers to various problems that may arise.

Besides, this site hasn't seen a new public release in almost 2 years, sooooooooooo................

Madame, sir the 409 is accessible for free now but has no donation-ware successor. And there is a actively developing KT project. And it is very difficult to maintain two different projects "in same industry" in addition to the main employment...

Undoubtedly KW is a feat anyway.

3 hours ago, inrush said:

Madame, sir the 409 is accessible for free now but has no donation-ware successor. And there is a actively developing KT project. And it is very difficult to maintain two different projects "in same industry" in addition to the main employment...

I'm not sure how long you have been following Kinky World's development. It began as a successor to the Animated Woohoo mod which had integrated the use of sex animation mods using a menu system which was no different in appearance from the other 'pie-menu' used by the Sims 3 when clicking/selecting a Sim or object. While Animated Woohoo had the ability to incorporate new animation packages and offer some moodlets besides running somewhat autonomously based on certain relationship levels and other criteria, Kinky World took all this and gave it a steroid injection.

Like many Patreon 'projects', they are a supported work in progress, so as long as 'that' project wasn't finished, supporters would continue to make monthly donations. Over the years Oniki added more and more features, some possibly due to Oniki's own idea about what a Kinky World would be like, while many other features were an obvious result of incorporating things requested by the paying supporters. Because of new features affecting more and more basic game mechanics (the high school and brothel are good examples) there needed to be a test period to find and fix the inevitable bugs. Before these could be properly tested, other 'odd' features were added bringing their own issues and really making the entire mod unstable compared to earlier builds.

While there have been a 'few additions' to the last 5 or 6 builds, most has been bug fixes and adjustments to existing features. Most here are well aware of the Kinky Tales project, yet feel like this had slowed down the completion of Kinky World, as well as keep those only interested in KW paying that monthly donation while supporting OnikiKay during a second project. As you mention - it's difficult to maintain 2 different projects and I can't say if KT is just the next plan for Oniki, or if it is a project to be used as a resume for employment in a large development team/company with a triple A publisher?

With the success of the Wicked Whims for the Sims 4 removing the need for Sims players to use the Sims 3 and become paying donator's to the Kinky World project, it's easy to understand if Oniki has finally said "that's enough time spent on that" and has decided to move on.

My original point was the term 'abandoned' you used. The mod works as is, does what it is meant to do. Exactly what were you expecting from the mod that wasn't implemented? It has to be 'finished' at some time, and with no promises of features or other criteria. Even EA sells the Sims games as a basic game, and over time release more 'content' as paid expansions until they decide it is no longer profitable, and begin all over again from scratch - so are the Sims games ever finished - or are they in your words 'abandoned'?

> I typed this post in response as nothing you mentioned was new to me and hope this will have you add to the discussion of why you brought up the idea of a successor. If you simply meant newer builds, then I believe I pretty well covered that concerning this 12 year old game which already has a successor with the Sims 4 and Wicked Whims (BTW, That guy is a millionaire now). EA is already trying to figure out what to do with the Sims 5, and they have increased their release of new expansions for the Sims 4 in a way that tells me they are trying to milk that as much as possible before dropping support, just as they did for the prior Sims series.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't play the Sims 4 for a variety of reasons, from game play and forced use or Origin, to the ever increasing piece meal approach to releasing content. I played the Sims 2 and bought most of the expansions and stuff packs. When the Sims 3 launched I was surprised at how basic it felt, and watched EA increase the piece meal approach to the series but was engaged by certain features like the open world, etc. Seeing the Sims 4 follow the trend of 'give less - pay more' as well as take significant steps backwards in terms of features while giving the series a new coat of paint made it easy for me to be done and accept what I already had with 3.

Looking at the dates on this Wiki page will show what I meant about the recent increase in content for the Sims 4 and how much more was either added through patches, or sold as content many years after release. Instead of just big expansions and thematic stuff packs, 4 has added 'game packs' as another category because they think people are stupid and won't see what they are doing . . . . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_4

Just to expand on what I covered above, I found some numbers which probably aren't completely accurate, but show enough information to get one's head around in case there was any doubt.

Sims 3 -

The first one is a bit funny, but at the same time something to think about. From this Steam Post: https://steamcommunity.com/app/47890/discussions/0/846954921951120944/

Total cost of all DLC and store content

I ran the numbers. I went to the Sims 3 store and searched for "*" and got 3190 results. I took the average of the first 50 results and it came to 233.5 simpoints. A simpoint is worth 10 cents. So everything on the Sims 3 store costs approximately $74,486.50. As for DLC/the game itself, the total is $439.81. So grand total, you're looking at $74,926.31 to own everything the Sims 3 has to offer. Start saving those pennies!

Sims 4 -

And from here: https://www.cbr.com/sims-4-kits-rumor/  (this expands on what I said about the differently named content packages with even more 'underhanded' tactics)

While Kits and Game Packs do offer additional gameplay and content options at a lower price than a full expansion, it also means there is more Simmers have to buy to get the most out of the game -- especially for those who don't use mods. Currently, purchasing every expansion costs $400 USD/$520 CAD, for every Game Pack $180 USD/ $234 CAD and for every Stuff Pack $180 USD/$234 CAD. This amounts to a total of $760 USD/$988 CAD for every piece of content released to date.

Adding another tier of content -- one likely to see frequent releases due to their size -- would be another way for EA to monetize features rather than improve on the base game. It seems like there's no end in sight for The Sims 4 since EA can keep adding content for players to buy rather than making a new game. However, even with all these extra packs, there are still plenty of flaws in the game which continue to be overlooked in favor of introducing new features. While Kits may be intriguing, they seem to be a continued step in the wrong direction for the beloved franchise.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This should help to explain why I myself am satisfied with the Sims 3, the mods offered, and keeping my wallet closed. Kinky World has been a huge factor in this.

5 hours ago, inrush said:

Okay, you have convinced me. YOU are right and no one will ever help YOU with any KW related issues, so YOU need not bother to download it.

On 5/24/2021 at 7:29 AM, Benmc20 said:

@landess You may be interrested by Paralives: a true replacement for The Sims 3 (modding will be supported).

https://discord.com/channels/595045400805769238/595045400805769242

I watched several Videos made to show off it's tool set for creating homes. The speed at which the changes are made. The many changes that Can be made. Dragging and moving walls, etc. Sure it's undoubtedly much more advanced that the Sims 3. Yet I've seen absolutely NO game play footage. While I have issues with the Sims 4 concerning other things like using Origin, 4 is obviously more 'fluid' and other things when compared to 3.

The character and home rendering style remind me more of 4 as well. I like a certain amount of realism 3 gives me. We'll just have to wait a see anyways so no need for me to draw actual conclusions, only take notice of what already 'IS'.

Spoiler

I have responded to several threads stating that when starting Woohoo, Sims walk over and just stand there, doing nothing.

I have had that happen a couple times before, while the Sims have an icon / upper left with a portrait and the description - Woohoo. Clicking the icon as if to cancel it HAS changed it to an animation event icon with the timer beginning and Woohoo commencing. I never understood why it had done this a few times, but as I said, clicking (as if to cancel) allowed the event to progress normally.

Recently I got involved in adding more animations, and engaging other users here on how to get them to run or other discussions concerning them. I admit I haven't played the Sims as much recently due to acquiring several new games from Steam and playing those for the last couple of weeks.

After trying to play a bit more I noticed I was getting the 'just stand there doing nothing' a LOT! Even clicking the queued 'Woohoo' icon to start the event as described above was having no effect.

>>> So, what did I change?    Well, other than a few objects/clothing items the main culprit(s) would be the recently added animation packages I never had before.

COULD this be the reason others have had issues? While I can't answer that directly myself, I CAN pose that question to anyone having that problem - Sims standing around waiting for the Woohoo event to commence . . . . 

I went ahead and removed the 5 or so recently added animation packages to check and everything runs normally again. Not sure which one(s) caused the problem, but considering the age of the animations, I just decided I didn't NEED them and never went any further in determining which were the root cause (for myself).

The animations I added and just removed are:

1)  aw_FallinEsper_sexAnimations

2)  HDScreations

3)  kw_Galgat_animations

4)  AfterDuskSims

5)  SFanimations

While I can't condemn these as the exact cause for the issues I experienced, removing them solved my problem for whatever reason.

IF anyone has been having issues with the Sims not engaging in Woohoo animations after selecting either Sim or Object using the Kinky Menu option, AND they have any of those 5 animation packages 'installed' which I listed, might I suggest removing those and see if your game responds normally.

1 hour ago, landess said:

recently added animation packages

I tend to wonder if it can be any of a number, or combination of things, such as the simple number of animations. Is there a limit before there is a traffic jam, and KW can't sort thru them??? 32 bit? Or, very old animations not quite compatible? 

I have had the standing, click it off and they start... or stop and yawn. As usual, I forget what I did to fix it, but it was a while ago. 

I've started testing out the latest version, 409 I think it was? It seems okay so far with a clean install, the only thing lagging is the mailman every time he does the dialog. Sometimes the dialog isn't in english though, I wonder if I can translate it to english for some of the parts?

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I tend to wonder if it can be any of a number, or combination of things, such as the simple number of animations. Is there a limit before there is a traffic jam, and KW can't sort thru them??? 32 bit? Or, very old animations not quite compatible? 

I have had the standing, click it off and they start... or stop and yawn. As usual, I forget what I did to fix it, but it was a while ago. 

I mentioned a few of those were usable as 'Legacy' installs, still, other things were odd. I had a couple in the bed and I went to change the animation manually. From the list I selected one of those newer animations from the list provided while using that location (bed). It proceeded to play a STANDING animation with them standing on the floor 'inside' the bed as if it didn't exist. Then after that animation ended (I selected another one) the event ended without continuing on to the one I had chosen to get them out of that 'standing through the bed' position.

So I began to think some of these older animation packages didn't use the same informational set up the newer 'recommended' animations do. Obviously they had no concern for the location for example. As mentioned - this is just a small sample of those available, but it was enough to make me decide to just pull them all and 'see'.

Since I had a 'Standing animation' playing and then chose an animation I KNEW used the bed proper, the script appeared to become confused and just stopped the event. It probably had a reference to the bed location somewhere in memory, but no way to change from a standing animation to a laying one as happens when the player chooses to 'change location'. I hope I explained that enough to share my theory on why there was a problem. Conflicting/Missing information.

Given that example, I decided while those animations with a different command structure were available to be used, the entire process was suffering from the KW script having issues compiling the possible location choices regardless of location chosen - hense the infinite delay until I gave it a boot in the ass. Still, waiting on the animation to actually start took so long that a couple times I just cancelled the entire thing and then the Sims involved would teleport to different locations in that room as if that's where the mod was 'trying' to match them up for woohoo. Weird, just weird. But FIXED for now.

>>> When I first tried using them to see, I was using the floor/standing location and everything seemed okay. Now with a bigger world and trying to use specific locations, I saw KW failing to execute properly while it worked fine before adding those animation packages.

4 hours ago, Zathuul said:

I've started testing out the latest version, 409 I think it was? It seems okay so far with a clean install, the only thing lagging is the mailman every time he does the dialog. Sometimes the dialog isn't in english though, I wonder if I can translate it to english for some of the parts?

There have been issues with the mailman discussed in some detail multiple times with the recent change to his visits. If he has nothing to deliver, and the player has no bills to pay (Lifetime reward - No Bills Ever) then one would never see him. I have noticed if there is a computer on my lot - my sims like to SHOP on the Black Market autonomously a LOT, which would cause the mailman to appear so the drugs would be delivered. (I forgot about Skill Certificates)

As for the language thing - I have no idea about that, and don't pay any attention to it when the mailman does appear. Most of the time I just reset him, like the University Mascot.

Others may have information on making working translations using S3PE.

6 minutes ago, landess said:

standing on the floor 'inside' the bed

I had that happen also, again... a while ago, and before using build 409. I really don't think I had animations other than the packages I currently have, but it's always possible that I did try adding some old animations I found lying around. Sometimes, they also would continue, with another floor animation... laying on the floor under the bed!

@Zathuul, on Oniki's Pateon page that I linked, there were a few Q&A's that she actually answered... for a while... one about the mailman. Details, I don't recall, but you can check. Also, the dialog box does have an off switch that works in the main KW settings menu. I turned it off as soon as the option was available, so can't comment on what's in the dialog, but it's probably found in the STBL.

Hi,my fellow Simmers.Yes,i have this issue with the waiting for wohoo too.my Question is :are you using Mastercontroller to have more than the 3 everyday outfits? maybe OKW produces a scriptlag by reading every outfit,and try to add the naked part ? I don´t think that the old Animations are the culprit.

for the standing floor animations,i simply choose the bed/couch/whatever continue at ... Animations.

My Solution for the Standing and waiting is ... a) wait on speed 3.... takes some simhours.. or b) reset sim with OKW/debug 2 or 3 times, then okw work as itended,even with sims who have more than 200 everyday,50+Sleepwear outfits.

PS:is the free Patreon v.409 really the same than the "Arrrr" version found on the net?  because this version doesn´t work stable for my PC. for me the v.405 is the stablest after v.374.

Hi, I now this is an old mod but I hope you're still around. I've installed KW but my sims won't have sex, even if they're married. I keep getting a notification of the sims saying 'I don't want too do that. I tried doing solo woohoo but the same thing happens. Not sure what's wrong.

Hey @Otti! Not sure if the 409 on the Patreon is or isn't better than the one Jack Sparrow has. I haven't bothered to switch it to test. Then again, I had 409 sitting in a folder on desktop for over a month before getting around to installing it at all. )))

I generally don't have any more lag during woohoo than other times in my game. Shouldn't, but I'm currently running with more than 250 test packages in addition to my bloated regular CC folders. Lag. I think my current clothing max is 7 everyday, 3 formal, 3 sleepwear and 3 swim, so far less than the numbers you list. ))) 

I have had situations when my sims just stood around and I had to use KW debug unlock sim and have my sim ask for woohoo again, and it seems to start right away after that. I have noticed odd queueing with other household members, as my husband sim was going to ask for woohoo, she was just standing with nothing in queue, then she decided to use the computer, THEN he popped into queue.

58 minutes ago, YammiJammi said:

I hope you're still around

Oniki hasn't been around in 2 years. Anyway, don't use build 399 from the first page here, as it is junk. On my page is a link to Oniki's Patreon where she has posted build 409 for free... https://www.loverslab.com/topic/156041-sims3wip-kinkyworld-v037-updated-may-3rd-2019-wikipage/

Then return to the first page here and start reading. KW is not Passion or Animated WooHoo. Sims need motives and relationship among other things to engage in woohoo in KW. Or, in the KW debug menu turn on always accept.

4 hours ago, Otti said:

for the standing floor animations,i simply choose the bed/couch/whatever continue at

My sims were using a properly flagged bed animation.

I chose one of the 'new' (OLD) animations I had and they proceeded to change to a standing animation. I thought it would be a bed animation, but it bypassed some filter controlling the object list.

When I chose another animation which was certified as 'bed', once the standing animation ended - so did the woohoo.

Along with all the other issues I had and described/documented, once I removed all those animations - what ever was causing MY issue became resolved.

I didn't care enough about those animations to figure out which/why/who/how was causing the problem. So I spelled everything out for anyone else looking for a POSSIBLE reason they may be having issues themselves. It's not a guarantee. It's not written in stone. It's just some thing I tried, and it worked.

People ask for help all the time - few return to explain what helped them.

>>> I've been using NRaas dresser for years and it never caused an issue such as you describe - why would it suddenly do so?

12 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Oniki hasn't been around in 2 years. Anyway, don't use build 399 from the first page here, as it is junk. On my page is a link to Oniki's Patreon where she has posted build 409 for free... https://www.loverslab.com/topic/156041-sims3wip-kinkyworld-v037-updated-may-3rd-2019-wikipage/

Then return to the first page here and start reading. KW is not Passion or Animated WooHoo. Sims need motives and relationship among other things to engage in woohoo in KW. Or, in the KW debug menu turn on always accept.

Thank you so much for letting me know!

One thing I'd like to ask, I've been following the guide and I've been trying to add animations as some don't get uploaded automatically. I type them in as it said but it says that they can't be found.

I copied and pasted what needs to be typed in but no luck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong :/

sims help.PNG

3 hours ago, YammiJammi said:

Thank you so much for letting me know!

One thing I'd like to ask, I've been following the guide and I've been trying to add animations as some don't get uploaded automatically. I type them in as it said but it says that they can't be found.

I copied and pasted what needs to be typed in but no luck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong :/

sims help.PNG

All animations should have 2 packages as part of a 'set'.

For the example above it would be:  OKW_L666_Animations.package

KW_L666_Animations.package

The larger one has the actual animation information. The smaller one is used to integrated the animations into the Kinky World script when called. So BOTH are needed.

Concerning the L666 animations (3 different sets) they are included AND registered by default now. No need to download and install/register animations by that creator anymore. There are a couple creators included now. Yes, One can un-register them and the mod would no longer have those listed even if they were still in the package folder.

Your notification leads me to believe the animations is registered, but now the mod can't find it (One can pull animation packages from the mod folder without removing them from registration-the mod would look for them and give that error message).

Since some animations are now included, one doesn't want to duplicate those by making another download and install. If you did, just remove the extra animation package. The default ones are part of a merged package Oniki made and included in the download: ONIKI_Anims.package and is already registered. That registration will still look like a manual install with each creator's animations having a separate registry like normal.

Edited for Accuracy

> From the OP:

+Amra72, Lady666 and Mike24 for their amazing animations.
2 hours ago, landess said:

Concerning the L666 animations (3 different sets) they are included AND registered by default now. No need to download and install/register animations by that creator anymore. There are a couple creators included now. Yes, One can un-register them and the mod would no longer have those listed even if they were still in the package folder.

Your notification leads me to believe the animations is registered, but now the mod can't find it (One can pull animation packages from the mod folder without removing them from registration-the mod would look for them and give that error message).

Since some animations are now included, one doesn't want to duplicate those by making another download and install. If you did, just remove the extra animation package. The default ones are part of a merged package Oniki made and included in the download: ONIKI_Anims.package and is already registered. That registration will still look like a manual install with each creator's animations having a separate registry like normal.

Just wondering, which version of L666 animations is included in the "ONIKI_Anims.package" ?

Is it L666's latest or what?

Also, if there is update to the animations, we just un-register the animations that are already registered and register the updated animations after we place package to mod's folder?

2 hours ago, YammiJammi said:

trying to add animations

What landess says may be confusing, as you DO need the packages in your mods folder, as the packages are not included in the Oniki_Anims package. On my page that I linked is a link to the Mods Folder set up. If you have a working Mods folder, good. They are more forgiving than most know with regards to sub-folders. 

Inside of your Packages folder, make a sub-folder and call it Kinky World. Put everything KW related inside to find easily. Inside of the Kinky World sub-folder, make ANOTHER sub-folder and call it Animations, and put all of your animations packages in that folder so you can find those easily. ) As landess said, you MUST have both packages for the set to work. Capital letters do not matter when registering animations, but spelling and things like the under score line _ do matter.

Check the animators' pages, as they also post registering instructions.

The pic below is NOT how my KW folder is set up. It's just the latest 409 zip opened in a folder, not in game, as KW isn't on this laptop.

2 hours ago, landess said:

The default ones are part of a merged package Oniki made and included in the download: ONIKI_Anims.package and is already registered.

I've heard you mention this before, but have never seen what you describe here. Amra72, Lady666 and Mike24 animations are not inside of the Oniki_Anims package.  Those packages do need to be installed as far as I know, but I believe that Oniki DOES auto register them when KW sees them. The Oniki_Anims package is only her animations that are hard coded into the game, with supporting JAZZ scripts. She did include things like @MaryJane's pole dance animation and initial grope animation, which then turns into one of Oniki's old stiff as a board anims. The package is only 15,000 kb total, compared to Lady666 animations more than 67,000 kb alone.

Capture.PNG.5d574c8553e0ea6a4083d40916492d49.PNG

Something of note are the dates in the picture. Generally, this shows the last time these packages were actually updated. Example, ONIKI_KinkyMod package was last updated on 24 Dec 2020 when finalized, packed up and uploaded to Patreon. The ONIKI_Videos package has been unchanged since 28 July 2015! I link a MUCH better set of video replacement animations on my help page!

32 minutes ago, ioawdfv said:

we just un-register the animations that are already registered and register the updated animations after we place package to mod's folder?

This is what I did - and the new 'Patreon only' animations showed up.

14 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Amra72, Lady666 and Mike24 animations are not inside of the Oniki_Anims package.

You are correct. I've never started a new mods folder from scratch as I always had the older animations I just kept updating. I just noticed the size difference between builds 375 and 409 and it barely grew. I'll strike out the lines above and only leave the 'accurate' ones.