[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

17 hours ago, carine florida said:

modeling opportunity with Bretzel Washington

You have to follow all the way down on the modeling carer. First all selfies, then on the second or third appointment for a  shooting outside on a

public place Bretzel will appear and take part of the shoot. It will take a while to reach that.....

6 hours ago, carine florida said:

Bretzel Washington does exist or I must to create him

As far as I know Bretzel is one what KW creates automatically during game loading somehow.

Therefore you should have ONIKI_NPCs.package in your mod folder. (is part of the KW package)

Here a shoot of all sims KW creates :

KW_NPCs.jpg

Besides that, you can have a look, by opening Master Controller Statistics Population -but don't know the English correct wording-

Then you can select all - but you don't do that and just scroll down this list. Therein you should find him and it should work. If not, something is wrong with your game. Try again with a different save.

or I must to create him

KW has a list of certain sims in the CAS bin as you are aware. Others used by KW have a script to create them as needed using specific traits/etc. like the rapist - Tim Dick. Whether they are always rolled from scratch or possibly use edit world sim bin DNA - is unknown to me since in the case of Bretzel: he may be deleted after use or becomes an NPC contact in your Sims relationship menu.

In Short: If KW needs them, it will put them in the game.

@Clydie You'll notice certain sims don't show up in that list like Tim Dick above. I'm pretty sure that list is for specific sims needed for scripted events/KW jobs. Trying to remember the name of the KW dancer that is sent to bachelor parties....

21 minutes ago, landess said:

I'm pretty sure that list is for specific sims needed for scripted events/KW jobs.

Think so too. The list in the post is just the list of named NPCs inside the ONIKI_NPCs.package.

I never experienced that one of those was deleted by KW. They should always present somewhere in the game (at least invisible in a rabbit hole or so) and sometimes if your sim know them already, they call and invite for a date.......

35 minutes ago, Clydie said:

They should always present somewhere in the game

I've seen Tim Dick manning one of the booths at the Festival Grounds (Seasons EP)

@Clydie

>>>>> to the statement below: You would need to have Rape Enabled for starters, and likely need to import 'that' KW setting to a new play through/save series before the world/EA has a chance to assign NPC's to the various needs.

5 minutes ago, landess said:

I've seen Tim Dick manning

Must admit, that up to now I havend had him in my game. Sadly I am by far not as deep in the game play as you are.

May be my PC is to slow.... Have trouble and to long loading times with bigger or much populated worlds.

However, Tim Dick is none of the NPCs from this package I mentioned. And  did not saw him in CAS so far.

That is why I think your statement above is absolutely right.

@Clydie / @landess / @carine florida

Got curious, so started poking around.

KW often only knows of what is actually defined somewhere.  And, as most of KW, things are defined in both the code and XML files in the packages (how things are connected are often by InstanceID (in decimal, not hex, for "reasons").  So, here's the NPCs from v 3.7 b 375 code.  (BTW, I can't find any code-based reference to any sim named "Tim Dick", or a sim with a surname of "Dick".)

Spoiler

namespace Oniki.Roles
{
  public enum NPCNames : ulong
  {
    Invalid = 0,
    PeterSwiftfingers = 846560934827233421, // 0x0BBF96AF5919908D
    DeborahDeRobertas = 3578287322127945163, // 0x31A8A15C63B84DCB
    BretzelWashington = 4436695975973293497, // 0x3D924F7BC84B0DB9
    TatsuyaKuribayashi = 5579172765689853014, // 0x4D6D3412177A3456
    OnikiKay = 6108991077493436357, // 0x54C77F04A606EFC5
    LordJohnSewer = 6460411573524611062, // 0x59A7FE18EEC1BFF6
    WilliamMacDougal = 7139244912202594121, // 0x6313B16C1C59B749
    TigerGoods = 9015688333904648770, // 0x7D1E28C5C4051A42
    DominiqueStrassKauhn = 11690268868643533172, // 0xA23C2D992C4E3174
    JeanPaulGaltier = 12237345092970295208, // 0xA9D3C8869C5D2FA8
    ConstancePrudence = 12744590785531748134, // 0xB0DDE1CBB3561F26
    CarliBruna = 14655833783502154716, // 0xCB63FB2D18D0ABDC
    IngridVanHouten = 15462121166449746566, // 0xD6947D4770492286
    TomPeeping = 15525123372137252489, // 0xD77451738A5B0689
    HaroldPeeping = 15965860187091744108, // 0xDD92213FD927B56C
  }
}

What I've seen, from getting bored having an empty lot with one of my sims on it and using "Kinky World | Debug | Spawn | Spawn... [some sim name]" is that the "default" names don't always get used.  Sometimes I wind up with "Peter Swiftfingers" (for example), sometimes I wind up with a different first name, but the same last name & sim appearance.  Person game play has led to to think that when you force-spawn a sim, it grabs the ID (to get the details/appearance) and then asks EA for a new name.  (I never did, but just now thought of it, but maybe the newly spawned one is a relative of the base KW one ?‍♂️.)

Now, rapists appear to be a completely different beast -- well, more related to Whores, than the above referenced NPCs.  That's a trait that the mod injects into sims that exist in the world.  For that, the KW Service, when it fires off, it first looks for a "local" rapist (local, in this case is the current lot).  Callgirl and Photoshoot situations are skipped, same if the sim already has an assigned role or is not young adult or above.  It does some trait-based math that also includes arousal, which is used to determine whether or not to use the sim.  Only non-selectables are used, BTW.

If it cannot find a "local" (on-lot) rapist, then the mod checks the world for already-registered rapists.  If they're all "busy", then it (surprisingly) uses the base-game Burglar service routine to either add an existing one to the rapist service (if male, is not an EP11Bot, and is not assigned a task already).  If that still didn't get a sim, then it asks the game to generate a new random burglar sim, that the mod then adds in the proper mod-related properties, uniform, traits, etc.

Given all this, it's odd that @landess sees the same name in multiple worlds (or did I misunderstand that). 

Just to satisfy my own "did I read that correct", I checked the Peeping service's code.  That one's CheckForAssignments code (used to find an NPC to use) has a hardcoded InstanceID for a specific NPC in it.    ("UL" at the end of the number indicates "unsigned long", a type of number needed for instanceIDs.  AKA: KW only uses "TomPeeping" for the peeping service. ? Oddly.  I know I've seen Harold pop around at times, but maybe it was only by force-spawning him via debug.)

NPC.Get(15525123372137252489UL);

Oh, and for clarity, in case it wasn't clear, all that is for build 375 (which I know landess uses).

edit:  I forgot to poke around for Bretzel.  Just like poor ole Harold, I can't find any reference to his instance ID (decimal or hex) or name outside of that code above.  As such, it appears that 375 had several NPCs defined, but weren't yet used.  This led me to looking for the answer to "OK, then, so when did that sim get used?" question.  Answer appears to be v0.4.0 b380, when he showed up in the PhotoShoot situation and v0.6.0 b395, when he was added to the MovieShoot situation.

That said:  it looks like @carine florida is gonna want to use build 399 (and put up with whatever bugs exist in it that were so horrible that several moved back to 375).

On 7/4/2020 at 5:15 AM, Zathuul said:

I wish in sims 3 you could sell puppies like you can sell horses, I found out the hard way that I can't start up a business that way. Instead I have to be a horse breeding business, but I'll have to start over since I basically filled up my house with puppies. lol

You, and a lot of others (based on other forums).  Something to try, if you haven't: put the unwanted (sounds harsh, worded that way) puppies up for adoption ("phone->services->place pet for adoption" or "computer->place pet for adoption"). You ain't gonna get any §§§ for it (IIRC) but it'll still exist and is an in-game mechanism. Or, you could go into edit town & split up the household.  I haven't tried, but I don't think even w/ other mods in place the game will allow a dog-only household.  I think I once encountered an "ask to adopt" interaction w/o the pet officially being listed for adoption, so if that did exist, you could switch households and try adopting out that way.

Now, to make this more KW-ish:  My wish is that KW would somehow prevent "small dogs" from even being generated by the game, so that the only dogs listed (by the adopt from shelter) were the type that KW can do something with.

46 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

it's odd that @landess sees the same name in multiple worlds (or did I misunderstand that). 

I can't confirm multiple worlds as I just happened to notice him working a festival booth after witnessing him in a rape event. The name sounds like an OnkiKay KW name given her penchant for 'humor'. I've never seen the last name of 'Dick' rolled by EA in all my playtime. While I can't remember the whole name - the first name of 'Candy' rings a bell when I tried to figure out the name of that 'dancer'. Both Rapists and Dancers are part of the KW service personnel, so there may be references outside of the location you dissected. I haven't used Repairmen in a long time after I had an issue with one a while back - wouldn't leave the premises - kept returning after reset, If I killed him, a 'clone' would show up. I went to an earlier save and decided to never use one again as I figured it was a KW issue. The reason I bring up repairmen is the possibility of them also having appropriate 'KW names'.

I set my game up with NRaas and KW the way I like some time ago, and exported settings. Afterwards all new save series were loaded with the same settings which I then tweaked if I wanted slightly different functions. I was under the belief because of this sequence, that certain KW NPC's were also 'saved' and could be reproduced as other common 'EA default' NPC's. Part of what you mention confirms this 'could' be the case. KW Service personnel would be the defining quality of the NPC's I mention as I know they exist, outside of the list which prompted this line of conversation. How they are defined per game is another story.

hi,i tried TS3 not from too long and downloaded this mod and i have aporplem with it "beside i don't know if this is the place to ask for help or there is a special one"

so my problem is I choose every thing and they end talking and nothing happens they go to do another random things .

thanks by the way

57 minutes ago, one day maybe one said:

i have aporplem with it

Well, I guess let's just try to bypass all the checks:

Open the menu:  KinkyWorld / Debug / Always Accept - ON

This allows KW to ignore privacy, mood, needs, relationships, experience, and all other checks the mod uses to simulate reality.

If this doesn't work to allow woohoo animations, then your mod set up is in error, which could be many things from patch version to folder/file setups and/or locations. If this works then everything is fine - you just need to understand the mod you're using.

27 minutes ago, msoriginaljester said:

Does kinkyworld have it's own animations? or is it just the base mod?

Did you even look at the first page? Then, after looking... read some (all) of it. If you had, you wouldn't be asking that question.

For the shouting, it s Peter Swiftfingers who come. No Bretzel Washington. Why ?

Peter is the boss, he always should be there.

And, I do not know from which version Bretzel became involved in the photo shooting.

Did you saw the post from jdw6 above ?

So, do you have a higher ver than 375 installed ?

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

Did you saw the post from jdw6 above ?

Probably skipped reading it b/c it was tooo long & ohhhhh soooooo scarryyyyyy looking. ? ?  (Or, [less snarky], maybe their online translator failed them... some have ridiculously short text limits. ?‍♂️)

Thanks, tho'. At least I know a few do read. (there's days it feels as if no one does)

Follow-up from earlier testing w/ and w/o NRaas Story Progression:  I popped SP (and all 'optional' non-personality sub-modules) back into my game, spent a few hours going thru and disabling/configuring things so it'd make more sense.  Had a quick "egads! too many notifications!!!" moment, after which I changed those to "portrait panel" only (I've added all my sims to PP so I can get back to my household quickly after some hand-holding w/ others).  Just had my 1st crash in quite a while.  Played nearly a full sim-day w/o saving (ignoring my earlier rant about saving often) the other day w/o SP.  Tried skipping a couple save reminders after putting SP back & *poof* game crashed.  TS3CLA claimed the crash was "custom content", not "memory".

Without NRaas SP:  TS3 w/ KW seemed to run nice and smooth.  KW interactions still had a few "WTF aren't they doing anything, they're just standing there, not woohooing like they're supposed to be" things that (after many many months) I'm just used to as "normal KW", but in general it felt less laggy.

With NRaas SP:  TS3 w/ KW seems to have lag all over the frigging place. Every few (real) minutes it just "locks up" for a few seconds, then continues.

I've got SP set to "snail" (or whatever they called the slowest), but I (oops, just realized this) haven't gone thru to manually check all the speed settings to verify that change. (Per their docs, some aren't adjusted by the general one. ... Oh, and the slowest is a 4x multiplier, btw).  So, theoretically SP shouldn't be firing off as often.

From all the KW stuff I've read (and the early conflicts with Nraas mods) I'm pretty darn sure that OnikiKay (and any testers) do not use NRaas SP.  It just seems to be tuned/written/designed for use in a game with minimal other "big" mods.

As with everything, YMMV.

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

...With NRaas SP:  TS3 w/ KW seems to have lag all over the frigging place. Every few (real) minutes it just "locks up" for a few seconds, then continues.

Hey man... I'm no programmer, you seem to be.  I'm just a gamer goof, so you are likely far more aware of stuff like this than I will ever be.

But please, I caution you if you are experiencing "lag creep" that you can't identify, to do yourself a favor and run a demographics check or 3 via city hall > master controller > population (I can be wrong on how to get to this).

For the last couple of days I've been wondering why my game would become more slow, unresponsive, and generally lock up... And this behavior got progressively bad.  Eventually, REAL bad.  Like, lock up the entire computer, then have to hold down the power button so it can shut itself off bad.

I started to notice multiple NPC's spawning in together at what I have to assume are a sort of 'lot entry/exit point' or a 'sim gather spot' on TOP of each other; Like half a dozen at each point.  You could see them inside of each other. 

This also generated HORRIFIC amounts of taxi's to ferry them about.  They'd do so in super slow motion as the cpu could only push one or two at a time, and not fully, as it attempted everything else going on (see below for more).

The multi-npc stuff I noticed all happened around 'end of shift' for the sims, in the evening, but I presume this was a morning trouble also.

So, exhasperated as to why my GTX 1080ti, and my i7-6700k along with 64 gb of good ram couldn't handle this game... I nearly gave up but finally ran a demographics test from MC when I began to notice the NPC's spawning on top of each other like that.

I had over 920 service sims.  

No, that wasn't a typo.  Over 920.  In Sunset Valley.

Please be careful!!!  While I'm positive that this happened to me due to my own user error, I'm NOT positive WHICH setting I left or changed CAUSED the error.  Since my overage was service npc's I myself turned immigration off and allowed resident sims to be selected for service roles and it seems to have corrected this so far after a couple of 'total annihilation ' rounds with MC to destroy nearly a THOUSAND excess sims... Which were literally crushing the games AI and playability.... And more than a couple town resets of thousands of items each.

Note:  I'm of course not sure if this is happening to you, as at the time I was trying nearly all of SP's personality sub-mods like Cops n' robbers alongside SP and KW (version .375) as well as the NRaas Register so I could view and set jobs, and all the career modules, which I've since taken out to be safe (except Register and SP itself), but, Hey, even if something this phenomenally stupid isn't your trouble... Maybe some other noob like me comes along, reads this, and doesn't melt their cpu ;)

But please do use an MC demographics check to have a look at how you have your game handling the influx of NPC'S perhaps, as I can't recall if/how SP adds to that... So I bring this up just in case.

IMORTANT EDIT:  I DO run ALL EP's and Stuffpacks all the time, and am on Origin 1.69 for TS3.  Pretty sure that's relevant.

P.S.  I read your posts.  They are quite normally, very helpful and informative :)

27 minutes ago, merctime said:

I myself turned immigration off

27 minutes ago, merctime said:

game handling the influx of NPC'S

>>> Yeah, besides my OCD of custom Sims, this is another reason I play with aging off  as I mentioned before. I treat the Sims like the 'Simpsons' - the show runs for 20 years but no one ever ages. When I played with aging in the past, besides spending an obnoxious amount of time in CAS, I seemed to get impatient waiting on the aging and death to actually take place. I've just made a personal decision to avoid that game feature - the 'circle of life'. So using a populate feature isn't necessary and I even had mixed results populating an empty world using it (not going to clear the sim bin of the many unique sims inevitably used as DNA for a populate function/remove all body slider mods).

KW users, Please note: I don't recall EVER ONCE using populate features from either KW or NRaas mods (except the one that adds 10 rapists or something once; The one in KW settings that still has a string of code instead of a proper name, and even then just to see what it did).  

I mean, I *may* have, but don't beleive I did, and still got the extreme problem above.

However, your advice on it is excellent as always, landess, and should be heeded.

Also my aging, and all pregnancy settings I could locate, are and were off, too, as you directed me in PM.

Just adding this bit as it's likely relevant. 

9 minutes ago, merctime said:

it's likely relevant

Yes, yes it is - thank you.

For anyone else following - I remember issues concerning the duplication of NPC/service personnel in the past and problems purging them, but not much has been said recently. Has KW absolved itself of this issue, or have we all just fixed settings/avoided actions affecting this?

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

With NRaas SP:  TS3 w/ KW seems to have lag all over the frigging place. Every few (real) minutes it just "locks up" for a few seconds, then continues.

Hmmm... My problem is that so many fun things that I've grown very accustomed to are part of SP. ))))))

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

I'm pretty darn sure that OnikiKay (and any testers) do not use NRaas SP.

I was able to read a few new changelogs, and it seems to me that as was previously mentioned, KW is slowly creating the conflicts as it does more and more overlap with Nraas mods.

@LadySmoks I sure hope you're running demographics checks semi-fequently to monitor your game population too!  

Your the exp'd player, and I'm the noob, and yeah, this is like the nurse telling the doctor what to do, but I hope you don't get my troubles.

And if your game melts, who else do we turn to for sexy CC and pics?  ;)

2 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Every few (real) minutes it just "locks up" for a few seconds, then continues.

I had an issue SIMilar to this awhile back, but for me it was about every 6-8 seconds. Isla Paradiso has always been an offender but this was happening with other worlds. After a lot of searching and trying different things I came to the conclusion that the save series I had been using was bloated beyond repair.

To 'fix' it, I placed all the households into the bin, keeping all progress minus relationships between sims outside the household intact, started a NEW game in that world, clearing all residents, and placing the sims from the bin BACK where I got them. This fixed my issue.

Since then I've been using things like Kuree's save cleaner to hopefully increase the lifetime of my save series, and it seems to work. Besides shrinking the save file size, I've yet to have to recreate the procedure outlined above. With aging off, it's also likely my saves don't acquire 'baggage' as frequently as someone playing with aging on. (increased CAS bloat from new outfits created each life stage, new births, new 'ghosts') Just the option to manage the dead from EA tells me something......

I guess I should add I reset the entire town as well every few Sim weeks. This didn't fix the original problem I had, but it certainly can't hurt staving it off.

1 hour ago, merctime said:

Your the exp'd player, and I'm the noob, and yeah, this is like the nurse telling the doctor what to do, but...

First of all, I just play like you and most people... I do things, try things, and generally forget which thing I did actually worked! Not that long ago, I started a new game. I thought I had imported all the correct Nraas settings, but my vampires wouldn't age... that included the babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a setting, clicked it, and aging worked... until I shut down and then restarted the game, it reset to no aging. My babies would have been children by the time I thought to go back and start checking OLD saves from other games. Found one with aging working correctly, saved it, went back to my current game and imported those settings, and all has been good since. Point is, I just play... just like you!

And it's the nurse that does all the real work!!! )))))

As for demographics, again, I just look, try, try again and sometimes find the right button to push, but I know Nraas Register sets the number of NPCs to fill service roles. There's also a setting to limit population of a city. That, I think is buried in SP? I looked, but can't find it... again!

1 hour ago, merctime said:

And if your game melts, who else do we turn to for sexy CC and pics?

As always, THANK YOU! And here's Laura Klein showing off one of her nude posters hanging in my Sim's son's room!

Spoiler

Screenshot-107.jpg.37a17af0c9729f565475590b02db73af.jpg

Working on getting that outfit and boots ready to upload. Might be ready by September at my current pace!

1 hour ago, landess said:

With aging off, it's also likely my saves don't acquire 'baggage' as frequently as someone playing with aging on.

I find a double edged sword being the "save often" creates more double, triple, etc imgs and snaps in the save that bloat it to the point of death.