[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

On 6/19/2020 at 6:17 PM, LadySmoks said:

toothbrush ... cheaper

I found it a pleasant surprise that quite a few hotels provided toothbrushes. But, renting a flat would be cheaper, b/c those type things wouldn't exist. ?  I also found it rather depressing that so many US brands are available "behind the iron curtain". I guess I keep forgetting things changed nearly 3 decades ago. (Although the Gillette products I priced at a large store were the same as from Amazon here.)

On 6/19/2020 at 6:17 PM, LadySmoks said:

vodka

Well... I did pack a 2nd suitcase (nesting ones come in handy) my last trip so that I could bring back more souvenirs... IIRC US customs allows 3L, but, well, my state doesn't sooo... :(  I should experiment around with tuning that KinkyDrinks xml file I mentioned in another post a while back, to see if I can get Vodka to show as an option in-game.

25 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

But, renting a flat would be cheaper

Hotels and flats have there advantages and disadvantages. Hotels are expensive for larger rooms, or multiple rooms... but almost always have an elevator! Our last visit to Kharkov, we had a 4th or 5th floor apartment with no elevator! Not much fun after a long night out, especially for my husband!!!

But what I meant by cheaper about things like shampoo and basic items, is that travel sizes cost almost as much as a full size! We may stay for a month, as we did in September/ October, and it's much cheaper to bring enough for one or two nights, then go shopping.

33 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

if I can get Vodka to show as an option in-game.

Yes. I was able to. But I think I changed it in the STBL, let the names remain in the xml, but changed the color to white. I replaced hard cider with vodka.

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

I prob should set that mod up somewhere

Parks, Schools, Beaches, and any other usual culprit will benefit. The markers are only visible in build/buy mode, and they will jog till fatigued or you stop them, so one can gets some cardio miles into the skill books without having to babysit or set multiple jog points around town.

Go jogging at the beach and wait for other sims to arrive.... I also having a 'no autonomous play in water' mod, so they sun bathe or swim more often, and I just remembered I have a fun in sun type mod so other things like windsurfing happen spontaneously.

I do have one household with a dedicated lifeguard, but after playing enough 'Ambitions', sometimes a rabbithole job can be more relaxing as a player.

IRL travel, you only buy the small containers once - then refill from your home supply in the future. Parents are wonderfully pragmatic and learning these little tricks make so much sense.

11 hours ago, galgat said:

I do not disagree with you, but everything you just said,  just like everything I said you can go somewhere Else on the net and find a different answer, and everyone of them will sound like they were part of the main programming team that created the game.

I like to think if it does not fuck up your game, and it appears to help.. do it.

And yes I know Isle Paradiso is a buggy mess, but sense I had not played in some time, I figured it was worth a shot to see if anything new had been created that helped fix it.  As I said I was Grabbing at straw's .

Not having the # on that line causes the game to go into Override Mode which is not something you want the game to do as that can fail and cause more frequent CTD's and other performance problems. It also puts the game under extra unneeded stress the game engine is already under a lot of stress as it is.

And it doesn't apply to just this game but to all games/applications that require specific graphical settings. I learned that in Basic Programming 101 and yes I was a professional programmer retired now.

Also Twallan and Pescado who are not only modders but are also professional programmers have said the same thing and a former member here Namaradus who was one of the Sims 3 game developers also said the same thing.

22 hours ago, Otti said:

I think this has something to do with the Marine Life(Mermaids,Sharks,Kraken).

7 hours ago, galgat said:

You may be right on the Mermaid's and Kraken, I mean your guess is as good as all the others I read.

It's all that damn fog on the hidden islands the marine life has nothing to do with it. The mermaids are sims not marine life, the sharks are generated by spawners and kraken also generated by a spawner only shows up under certain circumstances and is then deleted by the game after it does it's thing.

1 hour ago, landess said:

IRL travel, you only buy the small containers once - then refill from your home supply in the future.

?We actually do that, but I did not want to sound cheap. )))

38 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

It's all that damn fog

So, is there a way to get rid of the fog? I mean, for a normal person who is not a computer programmer, retired or otherwise... ?

32 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

?We actually do that, but I did not want to sound cheap. )))

So, is there a way to get rid of the fog? I mean, for a normal person who is not a computer programmer, retired or otherwise... ?

Other than overhauling the world in CAW. You can use the cheat codes CTRL+Shift+C testingcheatsenabled true and then discoverallunchartedislands (warning this also makes the sim you are controlling the owner of the islands).

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/cheats.php

But since I'm not good with CAW I use custom worlds for this place http://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Worlds.html

The worlds are pretty nice they have a few flaws I recommend getting rid of the resorts or at the very least use rabbithole rugs and get rid of the basements that are under the rabbithole lots and resorts.

Also try not to download more than 2 per visit as it can cause their server to shutdown. Download a couple and then wait 10-30 minutes to download a couple more etc...

well I finally got Island paradise to run smooth as silk in all places as best i can tell.

Here is what I did

1. Of course first get your vid card recognized
https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/106?tab=posts&BH=0

2. Then get Sim Game selector <<< this won't work if your running 1.69. or that was my understanding only 1.67 and below.

3. only turn on these with sim game selector, Or they were my preferences. You could vary them around a bit but 2,3, and 5 are needed for KW.
1. World Adventures
2. Late night
3. pets
4. seasons
5. University
6. Island Paradise

I also set my Sims3.ini to 35 meg

[ResourceSystem]
MemoryUsageLimit =35000000

Just my thinking on it.

If have graphicsRules.sgr set like your card.  
All should be good.

Might add packs one at a time until it breaks again, but right now like this all is great ?

Edit >> My main problem was trying to run all the packs

17 minutes ago, galgat said:

well I finally got Island paradise to run smooth as silk in all places as best i can tell.

Here is what I did

1. Of course first get your vid card recognized
https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/106?tab=posts&BH=0

2. Then get Sim Game selector <<< this won't work if your running 1.69. only 1.67 and below.

3. only turn on these with sim game selector, Or they were my preferences. You could vary them around a bit but 2,3, and 5 are needed for KW.
1. World Adventures
2. Late night
3. pets
4. seasons
5. University
6. Island Paradise

I also set my Sims3.ini

[ResourceSystem]
MemoryUsageLimit =35000000

Just my thinking on it.

If have graphicsRules.sgr set like your card.  
All should be good.

Might add packs one at a time until it breaks again, but right now like this all it great ?

That INI tweak to the MemoryUsageLimit doesn't work the game will never use more than 3.5gb of RAM besides the game has been LAA since patch 1.17(the Official 4gb patch). The so-called 4gb patch that is available on other websites isn't needed and it actually downgrades and damages some of the game files.

20 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

That INI tweak to the MemoryUsageLimit doesn't work the game will never use more than 3.5gb of RAM besides the game has been LAA since patch 1.17(the Official 4gb patch). The so-called 4gb patch that is available on other websites isn't needed it actually downgrades and damages some of the game files.

It was for shits and giggles, I know that, I also understand the Bool statement in the Rule's, I specifically pointed out FOR ME on that.

I have most normally always followed the rule's in such case's, but this game is a buggy mess for new system's, and I personally will try most anything when trying to get something to improve when All I have to do is revert back if it does not help. I mean what have I got to lose.

EDIT >>> Also that is Meg not Gig in the INI setting This is a gigabit 1000,000,000

1 hour ago, galgat said:

It was for shits and giggles, I know that, I also understand the Bool statement in the Rule's, I specifically pointed out FOR ME on that.

I have most normally always followed the rule's in such case's, but this game is a buggy mess for new system's, and I personally will try most anything when trying to get something to improve when All I have to do is revert back if it does not help. I mean what have I got to lose.

EDIT >>> Also that is Meg not Gig in the INI setting

That is actually measured in kilobits not bytes. 

35,000,000 kbit is 4.1723 gb :P 

If that was in bytes then before patch 1.17 the game was only using 20 mb of RAM it never would've been able to start up.

The way EA has the data measured is confusing I know it's unusual to use kilobits, normally it would be in bytes, kb or mb.

Kilobits and megabits are usually used by ISP's to make their download speeds look faster.

1 hour ago, spaceman1 said:

That is actually measured in kilobits not bytes. 

35,000,000 kbit is 4.1723 gb :P 

If that was in bytes then before patch 1.17 the game was only using 20 mb of RAM it never would've been able to start up.

If you say so, but 35,000,000 when I went to school was 35 million.. But I guess math has changed

EDIT and I do not see where it points out that 35000000 is actually 35 gigabit, but maybe there is a table in the game somewhere that changes the math.

2 minutes ago, galgat said:

I do not deny that, but the numbers used for that setting are in meg not gig

Dude I went to computer tech school I've done programming for 30 yrs. That setting is for system memory or how much RAM the game will use considering the default number of that INI is 20,000,000 or 20mb the game never would've been able to start up.

14 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

Dude I went to computer tech school I've done programming for 30 yrs. That setting is for system memory or how much RAM the game will use considering the default number of that INI is 20,000,000 or 20mb the game never would've been able to start up.

I remember when IBM was limited to 512KB and everything had to be bank switched to that 512 just to run, and some very nice quality games were ran in that small area. so I don't pretend to think that 35000000 is 35 GIG as it could easy be that the [Resourcesystem] was only a storage area for preloaded graphics, and truly was only 20 meg.

Were talking Maxis here.  and you can see the [preloader] just underneath that.  I do think your right, but as I don't have a de-compiler for this game I have no way of truly understanding just what there numbers mean.

But I agree that your statement is probably the most correct, but it might not be.

EDIT what I do see if a 35 meg number

13 minutes ago, galgat said:

Were talking Maxis here.  and you can see the [preloader]

EA is actually the one that made the Sims 3 despite popular belief Maxis wasn't involved with the game look at the game cases only on University, Island Paradise and Into the Future will you see the Maxis logo. Maxis was called in as a support role for the last 3 EP's but for the most part had absolutely nothing to do with the game.

The Preloader is for calling on parts of game that has been cached onto your computer's HDD or SDD and RAM by Windows before you shut the game down. That's why the game tends to load up a little faster on your 2nd or 3rd reload than when you first try to start it up. But if you restart your computer you lose that cached data or if you use say CCleaner which will also remove the cached data.

10 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

EA is actually the one that made the Sims 3 despite popular belief Maxis wasn't involved with the game look at the game cases only on University, Island Paradise and Into the Future will you see the Maxis logo. Maxis was called in as a support role for the last 3 EP's but for the most part had absolutely nothing to do with the game.

The Preloader is for calling on parts of game that has been cached onto your computer's HDD or SDD and RAM by Windows before you shut the game down. That's why the game tends to load up a little faster on your 2nd or 3rd reload than when you first try to start it up. But if you restart your computer you lose that cached data or if you use say CCleaner which will also remove the cached data.

Makes sense, but as I said I am looking at the numbers they give us, and for me If I were creating a one gig file I would use this number 1073741824 not this 10730000

But I see what you are saying, and I do think your are absolutely correct, I am just looking at what they have given me, and to me that is Meg not Gig, but I do not see anyway around it it has to be as you said, but I am looking at the numbers with nothing to truly inform me that they are greater than what is given.  It becomes hard to except.

EDIT >> I mean you're right the game could not run on 20 meg, unless some crazy bank switching was being done with that amount of reserve.

12 minutes ago, spaceman1 said:

That's why the game tends to load up a little faster on your 2nd or 3rd reload

I've always noticed the game loads the same world faster when the same one is used on subsequent play sessions uninterrupted. Loading another world/save series takes it back to square one. I suspected there was some session caching going on.

7 minutes ago, landess said:

I've always noticed the game loads the same world faster when the same one is used on subsequent play sessions uninterrupted. Loading another world/save series takes it back to square one. I suspected there was some session caching going on.

yepper! on that one, you will see that in skyrim as well, and fallout.  I will admit I have never truly understood it, but I took note of it, as a preloaded thing.

32 minutes ago, galgat said:

There is one thing bugging me though, I was under the impression that the game was fixed to 4 gig at or about version 1.17 guessing on that, why did they not at that time change the 20000000 to 35000000 ?

That's because the necessary data and changes are inside the TS3.exe and the TS3W.exe. The game no longer uses the MemoryUsageLimit part of the INI for the most part it ignores some of that INI. At least for a 64bit OS as the TS3.exe and/or TS3W.exe will detect if your using a 64bit or 32bit system. If you're on a 64bit OS system it'll use LAA if you're on a 32bit OS system the game falls back to the INI settings.

30 minutes ago, landess said:

It caches anywhere from 1.2gb to 2.4gb from what I've seen.

17 minutes ago, gruspojk said:

So, theres no way to disable the alcohol-feature?

If you have no other alcohol mods, you can TRY (as I never had any desire to do what you want)... make a back up copy of the Kinky World Mod package and save it somewhere... get s3pe, open the Kinky World Mod, find the Kinky Drinks XML, delete it.

Should work, but I'm not doing the experiment for you, as I have no desire to remove alcoholic drinks, even temporarily to test for you and then have to put them back. 

Try it, see if it works. Worst thing to happen is you have to just put the back up copy of the KW Mod package back in.

15 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Yes. I was able to. But I think I changed it in the STBL, let the names remain in the xml, but changed the color to white. I replaced hard cider with vodka.

I tried adding a whole new drink section in the KinkyDrinks xml. It appears to show up, but (and I just got thru snooping in the C# code for the mod) I can't figure out why the name isn't showing up in the pie menu.  I suppose I'll have to go your route.  There wasn't anything that limited based on name of drink (at least not in the underlying code for the mod) -- there is for the drink power labels, and the glass names come straight outta the EA codebase.
Capture.PNG.5fc955cc51d0ef6ea02edfb468a80f34.PNG

Here's what I'd tried... Basically I just duplicated Whiskey and changed the name and color.  Stuff like this ^^^ where everything in the code looks like it should "just work", but then I find it doesn't is frustrating... although your saying something abut STBL has given me something else to look.

Spoiler

<Drink>
    <Name>Vodka</Name>
    <Price>8</Price>
    <Color>White</Color>
    <Glass>Bar</Glass>
    <AgesEncouraged>YAE</AgesEncouraged>
    <RelativePopularity>2</RelativePopularity>
    <AlcoholPower>Strong</AlcoholPower>
  </Drink>