[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

On 6/28/2020 at 6:58 PM, totallyrandom1 said:

I'll try to see if some other mod is conflicting with KW, maybe it's something that I can remove without messing up my game as much as disabling KW would.

First problem is that 399 is possibly the buggiest version of KW, and sadly, the last one Oniki gave us, over a years ago. ((( Do you have another version of KW that you could install, to see if the problem is 399, or KW in general? Landess has reposted his build 375 many times on this and other threads here, as it IS (was briefly) a public version, which for whatever reason, Oniki removed when she gave us 399.

I don't use 399, but do have a sim who wants to increase her bartending skill, so I will have her go hit a bar today to see what happens.

7 hours ago, totallyrandom1 said:

I'm using build 399.

Ah. Cool. Well, not so cool in that I don't have that version in-place at the moment & just started rebuilding a new town. I might get bored later & try tossing that into an older game... if I can remember which one it was that had a sim w/ high bartending skills (but I don't think I've gone that route since Island Paradise... and I'm pretty sure that was back in my Passion days before switching to KW.  But maybe someone else can confirm your situation, or help out.

(btw, I've seen new members pop on here looking for help with one of the latest patreon builds -- thus the asking about which version.)

I find this a bit Odd:

I have and use KW, and took an active sim into several bars and 'took over' bartending successfully. KW is not the problem (unless it IS build 399) but no one else has ever mentioned it.

With so many mods being available simple troubleshooting is the best solution.

Rename the package folder. Create a new working one. Only place KW and all NRaas mods used into it.

Start a new game. Use Master Controller to skill up bartending on the active sim. Take it to a bar and see for oneself if 399 is the problem.

>>>> In the words of Severus Snape

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Mind if I ask how the Dog + Horse + Deer woohoo mechanic actually work?

Cause I keep getting bad results, some random times she is interested in dogs and most of the times is like no that is disgusting or doesn't want to do it (even with constant practice. Lick / Suck / etc). Even when there is no negative moodlets + high skill she still says no.

It's also hard with Deers cause they run away or disappear. Same annoyance with Horses, she will woohoo once by pure luck and never do it again.

I seriously don't know what I am doing wrong.

20 hours ago, landess said:

Rename the package folder. Create a new working one. Only place KW and all NRaas mods used into it.

Start a new game. Use Master Controller to skill up bartending on the active sim. Take it to a bar and see for oneself if 399 is the problem.

I tried this, I even tried to reset the whole game. I started a new game with just KW and mastercontroller+cheat module. Same problem. So it's either the specific version that's causing the problem, or there's something else messing with my game, in which case I have no idea how to fix it.

1 hour ago, totallyrandom1 said:

So it's either the specific version that's causing the problem

ONIKI_KinkyWorld_0.37 (Build 375).7z

10 hours ago, NecromancerX69 said:

how the Dog + Horse + Deer woohoo mechanic actually work?

Like any KW function - Friendly relations are important. Also experience = skill level. While you probably don't want to commit all the traits of your sim to Zoo lover, there are several that came with Pets EP which can help; Wildlife friend, dog friend, horse friend, special relationships with pets - Not the exact wording but you get the idea. There may be rewards instead of traits. It's been awhile since I looked into the pet specifics - it becomes a blur after awhile when using all EP's simultaneously for years.

When I say like any KW function I mean it - Privacy settings and other things will always affect the success. Try turning always accept on if you NEED to be successful without using the built it game mechanics which set KW apart from other sex-sims. (it's likely one could just throw Mike24's Zoolover animations into Animated woohoo and bypass all the KW checks)

Spoiler

Screenshot-86.jpg.c9e4c923eebda2db6d58988edaa0d603.jpg

Using build 37 becasue the other is unplayable.
However having an issue adding these animation.

KW_L666_Animations.package

L666_RapeBdsm_Animations.package

I have typed it in with and without the package ending but it always fails to add. What am i not doing right?

51 minutes ago, sirskipsalot said:

Using build 37 becasue the other is unplayable.

Did you download the one on the first page, or the one posted by landess, just above? Because for whatever reason she had, Oniki removed build 375 (v.037) when she gave us 399, and replaced 375 (v.037) with an older version, .03. The 7 is because it's a 7zip file. So, even that version isn't so great.

Not sure if it's the older version, but all Lady666 animations should actually auto-load. IF you have the landess 375, or another REAL 375, you might try removing and re-installing KW, then try re-registering the animations.

After a recent visit to Bastport, Russia, The Lady Smoks decided to do some remodeling in her club in Bridgeport...

Spoiler

Screenshot-83.jpg.2e32e982eb051529d4a62d8aa613b714.jpg

Welcome to the Tepes Room... Named for a well known Romanian Prince Vlad Tepes... AKA Vlad The Impaler... AKA Vlad Draculia! ?

On 7/1/2020 at 1:10 PM, totallyrandom1 said:

So it's either the specific version

That wouldn't be too unheard of... I was recently testing 407 (curiosity, don't ask how) and found that the dog-human stuff made the dog stretched & skewed & well... hideous. Looks like that's being caused by some newer dog-human animations that were added into KW, and that the ordering (actor 1 vs actor 2) is reversed to how the game is actually creating the scene (putting a dog into a human slot in animations causes the dog's shape to be misfomed).

That's just an example I have recently found of a new version introducing bugs.

Now, on to bartending.

There is nothing in builds 375, 399, (or 407) in the KinkyCareers XML definition file for a professional bartender (and only minimal changes have happened to that file).
There is nothing in any of the KinkySkills XML definition files for a mixology skill (and that file has not changed any in all that time).
There is nothing in the 399 code for "mixology".
There _is_ code for altering the Make Drinks and Server Drinks interactions for the "Bar Advanced" (aka: professional bar) object.  And there has been some small changes between 375 and 399, but that appears to be surrounding how checking to see if KW was enabled was done.  As I understand it, your problem isn't that the bartender can't make drinks, it's that no one is ordering drinks.
There _is_ code for adjusting drinks in 399. That code has not changed at all from 375. It does contain some checks for ordering drinks, but the routines it (KW) uses is the base EA code.

Just to check. Is this happening at all venues (e.g., lot types)?  I think I've lost track in this thread of what lots you were trying this on.  I ask, because there's a check of venue type in there, but that's in the "GetBestDrinkFor" method, which shouldn't be fired until already at a place where a bar exists.

Other question, and I don't think I saw it, but apologies if it was stated:  do you have NRaas Careers installed, and/or, have you put any other mods that make changes to careers?

Edit:  it's looking like, since I can't find any glaring change between 375 and 399 in the mod's code or config files, that the issue you're seeing is somehow coming from another mod interacting negatively with KW.

Edit2:  other thoughts triggered by comments by @landess :) 

I had found somewhere in the 100s of thousands of tuning settings one for adjusting the length of time a sim will wait before the interaction is cancelled. While I can't re-find that just now, it seems like that is set to something close to a sim hour (which causes them to stand around like they've got a stick up their ass and can't move).

Confirming: This is only with your playable sim as a bartender, right?  If it's an NPC bartender, then everything works as expected?

When you tried this at home, was it taking over the bar after hiring the "bartending service" or was it just that you used the "tend bar" interaction on the bar during a party w/o 1st hiring a bartender?

Last (hopefully) thought that I can't seem to find in the thread:  what is the bartending skill level, and celebrity level, of your bartender sim?  Both of those appear to matter, according to settings in the Gameplay Bartending xml file.  

Spoiler

<kFailureDrinkInfractionCelebrityLevel value="3">
       <!--Range:  0+  Description:  The celebrity level above which failure drinks have a chance of being counted multiple times-->
     </kFailureDrinkInfractionCelebrityLevel>
     <kFailureDrinkInfractionTraits value="Evil, MeanSpirited, Snob, HotHeaded">
       <!--Range:  TraitNames[]  Description:  Traits that cause failure drinks to have a chance of being counted multiple times-->
     </kFailureDrinkInfractionTraits>
     <kFailureDrinkInfractionCount value="2">
       <!--Range:  0+  Description:  The number of infractions counted for failure drinks when the receiving Sim is a celebrity or has the appropriate traits-->
     </kFailureDrinkInfractionCount>
     <kKnownRecipesLearnSkillLevelRequired value="4">
       <!--Range:  0+  Description:  The skill level after which Sims can learn data drinks-->
     </kKnownRecipesLearnSkillLevelRequired>

So, if they're > 3 celeb level, or have evil, mean spirited, snob, or hot headed traits, then their failures will count more than once.  If the sim they tried serving, but failed, is a celeb, or has (guessing same trait list), then their failures are twice as bad as for others.  And if they're < 4 bartending skill, they're not going to be learning new drinks.

What that makes me wonder, is if your bartending sim "failed" too many times and hasn't recovered from that, or has too low of a skill level, all of which might (pure speculation here) cause the game to not want to route sims to get drinks from your sim.  (Would you want to go to an obviously inexperienced bartender?  I wouldn't, but they rarely have signs they are a "bad" bartender IRL... dropping drinks, bottles, etc. like sims do wouldn't last more than a few times IRL before the bartender was fired.)

If you have NRaas MC, you might try artificially increasing the sim's bartending skill to 10 and having them learn all drinks, then see if it still is the same w/ no NPC ordering.

Other than that... I'm kinda drawing a blank.  It's an odd issue you've got.

5 hours ago, jdw6 said:

other thoughts triggered by comments

While I have had no issues with serving drinks at a venue using KW, as a non-celebrity with a skill level suitable for a dive bar - I did need to bump it up for the Red Velvet Lounge. That venue flags formal wear - so must be set as a higher level venue.

For total transparency: While I mentioned in an earlier post some recommended bartending mods, I DO use some.

blyss-bartending-noeffect-barshakerslosh167.package

blyss-bartending-nofail-noacrobatics-IP-jazz167.package

DCW_Bartending.package

-Other mods affecting bars-

ShimrodsStereoKidzReplacementCustomFixSlowDanceFix163.package

Twoftmama No Autonomous Stereo_More Fun To Dance Everywhere Combo v11.package

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since there is a consensus by the user with failed bartending ability to serve: Perhaps others could simply go to a bar (dive bar or other lower skilled venue) and try themselves. Report success/failure along with KW build and addition/lack of mods which could affect the outcome.....

>>>> the whole reason for this witch hunt is the desire to complete a 'challenge'. Like so many other forms of 'content' created for console users which has bled into mainstream PC gaming I never am a slave to this thought process which has affected the satisfaction quality of these users. A developer says jump through a hoop - they ask "how many?" (achievement #368 - Kill 78 enemies 4 levels above you during a full moon with a butter knife while not being spotted and wearing a towel) <sigh>

DRINKS ON THE HOUSE!

Spoiler

Screenshot-42.jpg.7c68222e726d1c64580023a0994d5e2d.jpg

16 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Just to check. Is this happening at all venues (e.g., lot types)?  I think I've lost track in this thread of what lots you were trying this on.  I ask, because there's a check of venue type in there, but that's in the "GetBestDrinkFor" method, which shouldn't be fired until already at a place where a bar exists.

It's happening everywhere, I tried it at several different bars in Bridgeport and at the private venue in Twinbrook, where I added the bar manually.

16 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Other question, and I don't think I saw it, but apologies if it was stated:  do you have NRaas Careers installed, and/or, have you put any other mods that make changes to careers?

Not that I know of, and I also tried it in a fresh game with only KW and masterController installed.

16 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Confirming: This is only with your playable sim as a bartender, right?  If it's an NPC bartender, then everything works as expected?

They don't order from NPCs either, or at least I didn't see anyone doing so.

16 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Last (hopefully) thought that I can't seem to find in the thread:  what is the bartending skill level, and celebrity level, of your bartender sim?  Both of those appear to matter, according to settings in the Gameplay Bartending xml file.

All sims I tried this with have the skill maxed, my main family has celebrity status disabled, and the premade sim I used for testing had one star.

11 hours ago, landess said:

>>>> the whole reason for this witch hunt is the desire to complete a 'challenge'. Like so many other forms of 'content' created for console users which has bled into mainstream PC gaming I never am a slave to this thought process which has affected the satisfaction quality of these users. A developer says jump through a hoop - they ask "how many?" (achievement #368 - Kill 78 enemies 4 levels above you during a full moon with a butter knife while not being spotted and wearing a towel) <sigh>

The reason for this is because something is broken, the challenge isn't important. I already completed it anyway, I just removed the mod and put it back it after I was done. But that doesn't change the fact that there's still a feature that's broken because of this mod, or because of something conflicting with this mod. But I'll probably never touch bartending again after I'm done with everything I wanted, so it doesn't matter anyway. Since none of you can replicate the issue, it's probably such a specific problem that I won't ever be able to find what causes it, and fixing it will probably require much more effort than it's worth, so it won't take long until I give up, stop worrying about it and actually go play the game.

13 hours ago, landess said:

Twoftmama No Autonomous Stereo_More Fun To Dance Everywhere Combo v11.package

That one sounds familiar, like I looked at it but only used the concept while changing things for when I merged into my own custom tuning collection. Dang, I really should've made some sort of note as to which I used 100% of the time. le-sigh.  (Now, if I could just figure out how to prevent Sims working out on a per-stereo basis... EA allowed per-lot, but that seems to be ignored in places... but I digress)

13 hours ago, landess said:

(achievement #368 - Kill 78 enemies 4 levels above you during a full moon with a butter knife while not being spotted and wearing a towel)

EA would go and say: sorry, that's not a towel, you may think it looks like a towel, the CC description might be towel, but it's not the towel we told you to use.  (I get that w/ the wishes to "upgrade blah blah blah sink" all the frigging time... um, I just upgraded a sink of that type, the others are already at that level... gaaahhhh... MC->Lifetype Happiness->250 done.)  But some users like that sorta stats-based "grind".  ?‍♂️  

FWIW, my starting over w/o the NRaas mods SP (and the dozen other connected mods), Dresser, Vector, Retuner, and Woohooer, has yielded some interesting results.  For starters, I had to put Dresser back in, couldn't easily make the hair KW added in a few places consistent w/o it. This time, however, I RTFM enough to understand it and turned every darn thing off, so the mod won't (shouldn't) be auto doing anything. (Actually thought I had it set to do that before, but didn't really read the docs enough the other times.)

Vector, I'm starting to consider putting back. I had all of the NRaas created diseases disabled, just like I do for all KW created ones, but the one thing Vector does w/o any settings (to tell it to do or to not do) is disable the EA "feeling germy" moodlets.

Retuner I might've already had removed, since I did export all the tunings I had in it and moved them into my own tuning package.  In essence, I'm doing exactly the what Retuner was designed to replace.  But this way I can search the "source" (ahem, xml and tuning text files) to find whether I do, and what I have something set to. But I'm a dev, so I think differently (per earlier rant-o-mine: yes, this is nothing super difficult, and anyone could, if they actually tried... but it's just a bit more how I think.)  Loading time, BTW, is faster w/o Retuner, but if you've read the docs for it, you'll understand why -- it says clearly it adds 10-30 seconds delay on startup.

Woohooer being gone hasn't changed anything that I have noticed in-game.  But I also have KW set to not allow non-KW pregnancies, if that makes any difference.  WH being gone didn't change privacy settings, KW has those anyway.  WH didn't do the decensoring, NR Decensor & a couple other things I have do that.  WH didn't allow sharing beds, NR SleepFreedom did that.  I'm still expecting to find some little thing that WH did that nothing else did, but haven't yet.

As far as SP goes (EA vs NR), I haven't noticed much w/ NR SP gone.  Non-actives are still being switched into careers I didn't want them to be in.  EA (in this world: New Twinbrook 'beta') seems to be wanting to put everyone into some flight uniform (haven't checked which yet, guessing astronaut). In the previous world (Starlight Shores) using NR's SP, it seemed a lot of my non-actives were being pushed to be firefighters, until I deleted that lot, and then they all became military.  Annoying, since I added a movie studio & set several as actors.

In general, the game seems to be running smoother & less "sluggish".  There are still (quite a few, actually) places where the sims stand like their feet are in concrete.  Some of those are EA-caused (tip:  remove all platforms under beds, dining tables, couches, _anything_ you want multiple sims to get to).  Some of them are KW-caused (anything where KW is trying to position the sims correctly for such-and-such activity, or when KW pushes a 3rd sim to "Ask Sally to show her boobs" when you've told Sally and Bob to woohoo.  That will still cause Sally & Bob to stand there like they have no frigging clue.  (tip:  if your sims aren't woohooing and just standing there, change active sim to all the others on the lot and clear the queues.... or reset all other sims... or KW->Debug->Unlock your sims & then tell them to woohoo).

I'm still seeing non-actives "progress" (somewhat, but haven't played long or checked on them like a hawk).  They're still out and about.  They're still woohooing & flirting & stuff w/ others.  They're still making drinks (the non-pro bars seem to be more on the lots I've been to lately).

If anything, the one thing I'm missing from the NR SP suite of sub-mods, is the ability to "Electronically collect deeds".  The EA way makes no bloody sense other than to keep the human game player busy with busy work (or punishing the player for becoming a partner in multiple businesses... for those that don't know, EA makes you click on each business and collect earnings individually).

It seems that OnikiKay was either envious of Twallan or didn't like "him", thus trying to put quite a few parts of the NRaas suite into KW.  Heck, some of the newer additions that I've seen info about indicates that KW is now trying to add in NRaas Dresser-like functions.

One last thing I've noticed:  KW whore uniforms seem to have issues w/ "get dressed" after woohoo.  It spams the notifications while it constantly tries to do it, but can't.  That might be a bug in the specific KW version, so I'm gonna try a few others to see (just ain't got there yet).

29 minutes ago, carine florida said:

I haven't the actor career.

You technically* should have it.  Acting was created in 0.3.0 (build 346), which is the older of the 2 in the 1st post.  By 0.6.1 (build 399), which is the newer of the 2 in the 1st post, it should've been fleshed out quite a bit.

Tip:  Look 6 posts before yours for the 3rd public release.  I'm 99.9999999% sure OnikiKay did a typo when "she" added build 399 and accidentally put the wrong "previous" version link in the 1st post.

*the source code for it existed, (edit) but the KinkkyCareers XML file didn't define it. it is a "skill-based" career and is defined in the xml. It being "skill-based" means you must first gain enough skill.  Skill, in KW's context, almost always means woohoo.

(edit) If you are trying to find a KW "career" in the same places as EA careers (or, for that matter, NRaas careers) you're not going to succeed.  KW keeps its stuff in its own places and has its own hidden requirements.

Reading the KW wiki helps.  (Yes, you must go and use the web archive to find it now)

http://web.archive.org/web/20200303234612/https://onikikay-kinkyworld.fandom.com/wiki/Oniki_Kay's_Kinky_World_Wikia

build 395 states:

• Added: The acting career is now available for Sims that have completed the last modeling opportunity (with Bretzel Washington). If you want to skip the modeling career, you can use the debug interaction. KinkyMod/Careers/Sim_JoinCareer: Acting. This is an early version of the career. Only the first level is available and it's still incomplete. In the next update. you'll have to register a movie studio (there will be no requirement).

Note: At this time, Generations EP is required because of the Camera object.

So, have you completed the modelling stuff?  If not, acting won't be available.

Hope that helps.

4 hours ago, jdw6 said:

But some users like that sorta stats-based "grind".

I agree, some do like it, but I find it a sorry excuse for content. Statistics are one thing, as one of a programs most basic features is the ability to compile information and adding that into a game like Doom (original) wasn't bad, just a frivolous sidenote for the fun of it.

The fact they have added a carrot (perks/gear/etc.) behind this form of 'content' annoys the living fuck outta me. NOW if you want the gated feature, there's the hoop....   jump bitch - JUMP!

35 minutes ago, landess said:

I agree, some do like it, but I find it a sorry excuse for content.

I don't do "challenges" either, but you might think of it as a "non-Kinky" way to spice up an ancient game for many. My challenge is to see how many times my sims can woohoo while using condoms, before she still gets knocked up! ?

As I search for the horror, I found a medical school type of skeleton hanging from one of those poles on ATS. I can work with that! The elevator lobby at Plasma is taking shape...

Spoiler

Screenshot-90.jpg.86f7f5750a3fd51483c04e60326a9455.jpg

On 6/28/2020 at 9:04 AM, totallyrandom1 said:

So I've been trying to max my sim's stats, and right now I'm working on the mixology skill. One of the skill challenges requires me to serve drinks to sims, but the problem is that they never order any.

Hi, I don't know if you are still having errors with bars/bartending in general, but I thought I'd pop in with something I found on this.

For myself, what I find is that when my own sim goes to a 'dive bar' or a 'dance club' that other users have made, after I have placed those lots in my world (and before doing that, setting the empty/bulldozed lot appropriately; i.e., 'dance club' or 'dive bar' lot type respectively), that my Sim can't get a drink AT ALL.  I do not know if the NPC's even try, or get drinks.  It appears I can get food types.

So, what happens for me, currently, is my Sim walks up to the bar, 'orders drink', and the bartender goes off all Tom Cruise style.  BUT.  At the end of the animation, the whole routine just breaks.  The bartender just stands blankly after the drink-making animation, and my Sim just stands at the bar.  Notably, also, my Sim's qeue of 'wait for drink' simply disappears without her getting a drink at all.  This is even after her 'ordering' multiple times.

So after looking around google, I found this user's potential work-around.  I'm going to try it in-game, and will edit this post or reply to it to find out if it works for me.  Have a read, and here's a picture of the post I mention:

image.png.33ab610acc14b1e37b36e8bfb9f165e5.png

And here's the link:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Bartenders-not-serving-drinks/td-p/4127958/page/4

13 minutes ago, landess said:

I posted this a few days ago

I did look there,thanks. Either I missed something, or didn't find what I was looking for. The one I found and remade, I cloned from the flamingo, so you can kick the poor dead person and knock him down!

On 7/1/2020 at 2:20 PM, landess said:

Like any KW function - Friendly relations are important. Also experience = skill level. While you probably don't want to commit all the traits of your sim to Zoo lover, there are several that came with Pets EP which can help; Wildlife friend, dog friend, horse friend, special relationships with pets - Not the exact wording but you get the idea. There may be rewards instead of traits. It's been awhile since I looked into the pet specifics - it becomes a blur after awhile when using all EP's simultaneously for years.

When I say like any KW function I mean it - Privacy settings and other things will always affect the success. Try turning always accept on if you NEED to be successful without using the built it game mechanics which set KW apart from other sex-sims. (it's likely one could just throw Mike24's Zoolover animations into Animated woohoo and bypass all the KW checks)

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot-86.jpg.c9e4c923eebda2db6d58988edaa0d603.jpg

Thank you, it fixed my problem.

I wish in sims 3 you could sell puppies like you can sell horses, I found out the hard way that I can't start up a business that way. Instead I have to be a horse breeding business, but I'll have to start over since I basically filled up my house with puppies. lol