[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

2 hours ago, GhostlyDesires said:

but the game doesn't start up with the mod

Does a household sim have a menu wheel option with the word Kinky? If so, did you choose it?

If not, your mod set up is incorrect.

36 minutes ago, Minchen86 said:

Hey :) Can someone please help me? Where/How can I buy tampons for my Sims? (Because of the period)

Well, as there is no script or animation that I know of for buying or using tampons, there isn't much reason. I actually made a tampon dispenser, cloned from the condom dispenser, but... as I said, no script, so it just dispenses condoms. If Oniki ever chooses to include tampons, I might upload what I have.

3 hours ago, Minchen86 said:

Oh. I thought there would be tampons because my sim gets this moodlet from the mod. There is no guide to the mod anymore, the link in the description is dead. :/

Yes, Oniki wrote the script for menstrual cycle, including having a period, but no tampons... which would seem like a likely option, but it isn't.

And yes, it's terribly inconvenient that the wikipage is gone. Here, we only have general access to what has been released as public, which ended 13 months ago with build 399. Paid releases continue for paysite Patreon and are up to build 407 or 408. Oniki may have moved her info page to Patreon?

There are a few "pirate" sites that steal builds off of Patreon, then send people with questions here... as if we know anything more than bits and pieces about newer build options.

3 hours ago, mql11 said:

animations menu is nowhere to be found in the kinkyworld settings in-game? what do I do?

If you found Kinky World> Settings> , exactly how much further did you bother to look... because animations are maybe 2 clicks away. A little more persistence, and you'll find it.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:13 PM, landess said:

I believe I'm happy with this location for a 'not home' Brothel. Evil Angel Studios is accepting amateur actors to work with our lovely models. No acting experience necessary. Apply in person. Standard union fees apply....

Hide contents

Screenshot-773.jpg.a399cc91d220fcd5009c0d773099624d.jpgScreenshot-776.jpg.d524043b1c6cb9c608951923ffe3052b.jpgScreenshot-775.jpg.2bf445b2504041ba83b74e3d388cedb9.jpgScreenshot-774.jpg.0628e38630eb6db7860437a1806cd235.jpg

Wow your movie studio looks great! Been trying to build it myself. 

May I ask where you get the camera, tripod, lightings, etc? 

4 hours ago, Abrahamrionaldi said:

May I ask where you get the camera, tripod, lightings, etc?

The cameras are actually functioning telescopes.....

https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_other_19.shtml

My favorite French site for Sims 3 stuff - lot's of conversions.

Still, the Russians have the best place to find things which may have been presented in blogs/etc. but are no longer downloadable.

https://sims3pack.ru/sims-3-skachat.html

17 minutes ago, landess said:

Still, the Russians have the best place to find things which may have been presented in blogs/etc. but are no longer downloadable.

Yes! My very first open bottom conversion of the Lolita Maid by Lemonleaf was downloaded from a Russian site, as the original was not available. Many hard to find items. Do a search, see a picture of something you like, click the link... NOT FOUND!!! Go to one of several Russian sites, and there it is!

Of course, if you don't read Russian, you may need to install a browser translator so you don't click something that downloads everything in your computer to the FSB! 

Oh... and I've been meaning to ask you where you got those. You have a lot of interesting CC.

2 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Do a search

Like you, the fact search engines keep showing Sims 4 stuff after you type SIMS 3 first thing in the search bar is maddening. I wish I had a simolean for every time I've been looking for things and saw something I liked. Got up to the point of downloading only to find it was a sims 4 package.

Not getting 4. But for some reason they think showing me stuff for 4 will brainwash me into getting it. Silly marketeers - all they do is increase the cost of products.

Just now, landess said:

sims 4 package

Those do funky nasty things if you actually try putting them into the TS3 package folder. Sadly Delphy never updated the Sims3Dashboard to check for TS4 packages, like it does for TS2.

BTW, I'm not "back", per se. Just needed a momentary distraction. Been a rough 2 weeks. I wish we had Death Flowers IRL. :'-( But, for some reason EA didn't allow family members to offer Death the flower to save their loved ones. KW kinda feels... hollow and pointless after what I've been thru.  Heck, I don't even remember why I came on here... was gonna look something up, but forgot what.

12 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Heck, I don't even remember why I came on here

You answered it yourself

12 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Just needed a momentary distraction

We're here whenever you need one. ?

1 hour ago, landess said:

Like you, the fact search engines keep showing Sims 4 stuff after you type SIMS 3 first thing in the search bar is maddening. I wish I had a simolean for every time I've been looking for things and saw something I liked. Got up to the point of downloading only to find it was a sims 4 package.

Two words... WONDER WOMAN!!!!! Upgrade going well... that said, it was over a year ago that I did a search for WW, and most was TS2 or TS4. I really like the one by Ami Swift @ TSR, and did a conversion by pulling texture images using TSRW, and made a mesh around them. Well, thanks to Josh Q, I know much more now, and am making more and better meshes to do the upgrade... which I WILL upload when I like it enough. )))

But yes, I said before that I think someone PAID someone to put TS4 CC at the top of most TS3 searches. ((( I don't have TS4, and not planning to get it either, but I've seen some nice CC and have converted a few things. What it appears is that YOU have no CAS color options with TS4, as everything is pre-colored when you open it. 

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

Those do funky nasty things if you actually try putting them into the TS3 package folder. Sadly Delphy never updated the Sims3Dashboard to check for TS4 packages, like it does for TS2.

s3pe is my savior after having added TS4 packages and having them mess everything up. I have s4pe now too. But, if you get a new package, and it won't open in s3pe, it's probably TS4.

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

I wish we had Death Flowers IRL

I'm saddened to here this. Not much comfort, but time does help... eventually.

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

don't click something that downloads everything in your computer to the FSB!

4 hours ago, jdw6 said:

nasty things if you actually try putting them into the TS3 package folder

I know reading is so very passe' - yet if people want to avoid problems, it's the number one thing to do. Many know this, but for those whom don't:

>>>>When you hover the cursor over a link, the browser should show the actual information about that link address somewhere. For me, it's in the lower left/bottom of the page. This is one of my main things to look at before I click a link or download a file. I can't stress enough how important this information is and why everyone should get into the habit of checking it before clicking.

Spoiler

463721185_check1st.png.6225a7ca7c613c82737af6c9f836db7c.png

1 hour ago, KairiKey said:

newest Sims 3 update

KW download page states the patch versions it's built to work with. If there was a recent update through Origin, since I use ALL disks in an offline environment with EA as far out of the picture as possible, I can't say. I already know EA fucked a lot of players using an older version of Windows so the Origin client no longer worked on those systems, basically making the game unplayable (Legacy? WTF is that?).

If you have any other information, website, update notes, whatever.... then maybe some clarity to your situation may be forthcoming. I'm going on the assumption there is an update that IS messing with you although others with the Origin client haven't shared the same issues. If it's not the update, then it must be an installation error somewhere, bad resource.cfg - etc.

16 minutes ago, landess said:

KW download page states the patch versions it's built to work with. If there was a recent update through Origin, since I use ALL disks in an offline environment with EA as far out of the picture as possible, I can't say. I already know EA fucked a lot of players using an older version of Windows so the Origin client no longer worked on those systems, basically making the game unplayable (Legacy? WTF is that?).

If you have any other information, website, update notes, whatever.... then maybe some clarity to your situation may be forthcoming. I'm going on the assumption there is an update that IS messing with you although others with the Origin client haven't shared the same issues. If it's not the update, then it must be an installation error somewhere, bad resource.cfg - etc.

I'm gonna guess it's a bad resource.cfg file cause I actually had yet to check that despite cleaning up my mod file so much.  But I have my sims 3 on steam ( Got it from 2019 Christmas sale on a whim ). Would you know if that may cause any issues?  (Honestly glad I didn't buy sims 3 on Origins cause my god the launcher doesn't work nor can I even get into the website anymore. It's a mess! )

15 hours ago, KairiKey said:

Would you know if that may cause any issues?

Geez, I really can't say. I just use experience and common sense to troubleshoot stuff. You mentioned an update? Look at the update notes in the steam news for that title. It should have details although I'm always suspicious that we don't get all the information. Besides the obvious spyware implications, trying to 'sabotage' player choice in sneaky ways is never far from my mind.

While I don't use the Sims 3 launcher except to install sims3packs (which is rare now that other tools can change them into .package files), it's an easy way to see your patch version unless you know which file to look at. I do use Task Manager to 'kill' the launcher when done because when I tried to close it normally it takes awhile and when I use task manager 'after' trying to close it normally, I get a message that it's still 'communicating' and do I really want to close it? Fuck yeah! God damn data collection shit.

15 hours ago, KairiKey said:

I'm gonna guess it's a bad resource.cfg file

More than one person has had to replace that for no apparent reason even though it worked in the past for them, and suddenly didn't anymore. Gotta love EA, the internet, and the CONSTANT meddling with products which worked perfectly before without giving the players the option to choose or 'rollback' to a previous version. I really wish my anti-virus had a TRON capability. ANYTIME anything tries to change something in my system, it would say hold on a second while I check with the boss. But Microsoft Windows is the gatekeeper and keyholder, and we know they will do what ever they want. (yes, the infamous Master Control Program)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm personally annoyed with EA again in retrospect. Decided to create a save series using Barnacle Bay which was just sitting in my options unused. Placed my active family in one of the nicest homes and found the pathing to it was completely fucked. Do these idiots ever play test their own stuff anymore? Seriously? There's a reason I haven't purchased anything from EA in over 2 years, and the Command and Conquer remaster, as much as I'd like to play it 'again' would just be rewarding them and that is something I'm not prepared to do.

The bridge shown here is the culprit. To leave the area I have to walk a sim onto the bridge, then they are free to travel anywhere else. But then I have to walk them back onto the bridge, to get home. No school buses, car pools, visitors can reach this lot. Grrrrrrr!

Spoiler

Screenshot-9.jpg.05252bcfcc065c1b8a7059da4b65ce9b.jpg

If I don't walk Sims onto the bridge, then any command to travel to a destination on the other side, regardless of direction, disappears. I've since moved the family. Will likely save the lot to the bin, then level the lot and 'maybe' put something there that my sims could use in total privacy for KW purposes because no other sims can reach it to interfere.

2 hours ago, landess said:

The bridge shown here is the culprit.

Do you play World Adventures? For me, in Al Simhara, the bridge going to where the pyramids are becomes filled with stuck sims... constantly. I must use MC to reset the bridge and free the sims. Even my sims will get stuck. It seems to only happen when crossing to return to the town.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Do you play World Adventures?

To be honest - rarely. I do when I play my Lara Croft save as that is 1/2 the reason for her: to use that EP. I have a digital download which I purchased before any other EP's were released -but- I also got it on disk much later as part of a 2-pack when I needed to find a hard copy of the other EP sharing that disk. Anyways, I never had issues before yet I admit I haven't been to Egypt with her yet using the new disk copy - I therefore could be in for a nasty surprise. Thanks for the heads up on that. If it occurs, at least I'll know it's not just me.

My older computers took a lot longer to load worlds and that alone made me hesitant to take vacations. Now loading them isn't near as painful, but still some towns I have take longer than I like, so the return trip home still suffers and the SIMS 3 doesn't like to run in the background so I'm kinda held hostage to keep it in the front or nothing happens - even when saving.....    I can always switch computers though and if the load takes over 15 minutes, I tend to do that.

There IS one town/EP I'm thinking about 'fixing': Isla Paradiso or whatever that town with the mermaids which introduced diving is called. It gets a horrible stutter that I tried everything to fix. Then I came upon some info telling me it has a lot of broken pathing and the game engine spends more time fighting that then running the game. So there is a version of the world which has been 'fixed' and I've been contemplating downloading it and using it to replace my default version. There are a lot of steps to do this correctly IIRC, so it's been on the back burner for a while.

21 minutes ago, landess said:

My older computers took a lot longer to load worlds

I went more than a half an hour with my old laptop. ((( Even with all of my test CC, I know I don't have nearly as much as you, but I usually load from launcher to game running in about 5 or 6 minutes with this laptop. When it slows, I know that I need to clean my save... and it will load in the background. Because Origin wormed into my game somehow, it tries to connect if I'm online when I start the load, but after the first load screen, I can click which game I want to play and then go online with no issues... no Origin.

I saw this before, when searching for other worlds to play, and never gave it any thought, as I don't have Isla Paradiso,but this is posted on MTS...

https://modthesims.info/d/514909/islaparadiso-world-with-fixes-applied-update-2013-11-29.html

Is this what you refer to? I think I saw several "fixed worlds" there at some time.

FYI... the bunny is out! )))