[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

27 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Is this what you refer to?

Probably. I didn't bookmark it, but all that reading looks familiar. I know there is a page somewhere with multiple worlds being fixed, so this could be the same one, but uploaded to MTS as a solo project, or even the first of many to follow.

27 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

FYI... the bunny is out! )))

ZEUS - 'Release the Bunny!'  (Bunnies are more fun than Krakens) 

Spoiler

For some reason this clip reminds me of a lot of my saves, but I just can't quite put my finger on it.....

HAHAHA! I know that song! I know what boys like... I know what guys want!!! It was an answer on Jeopardy this evening! ))) The Waitresses... one hit wonders. )

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Is this what you refer to?

Odd, I thought I'd installed all of her world fixes. But I seem to recall still having to make some of those changes, so I must've missed that one.  But, whatever I did, did make that world playable.  It was my homeworld for several months.  But I think I was using Passion, then, not KW.  I'm still amazed at how shoddy the quality control from EA was on that one.  The sims they created for it, though, are some of the better looking ones (at least between Bridgeport, IP, [whatever the ITF 'future' world is called... brain isn't working 100% still], and Twinbrook (ugliest award goes there).

Anyway, back to IP.  Fixes I recall doing, other than the darn door in that castle, was deleting all houseboats... [ref earlier brain functioning comment] maybe. I think I tried that once, but dunno if I stuck w/ them gone or only removed the few that were issues (like the one that link showed).  (Other EA screw-ups that annoy the crap outta me, but don't cause routing issues: the windows w/ the cranks to open them, they always seem to put them on the walls the wrong way... yeah, I want someone outside to be able to open my window, but not me... smh).

KW-related (kinda sorta maybe) thing I've noticed lately, is that a few of the lots that I added basement "brothels" in, don't seem to get any visitors... hmmm... maybe I should look at the tuning for venues/lots again.  I just realized while typing, that I'd found a tuning file for how many visitors are pushed during various times (and if full moons changes it).  

Anyway... if you've tried creating a brothel (as in KW | Debug | Venue | Brothel) not as in (phone | kinky | create brothel)... [trying to not get started on 2 different things with the same name... where was I?  Ah... Have you noticed lots with everything in a basement get less visitors than those with everything above ground?  (Might've been the EA lot type I chose, too. Not sure at this point.)

Hey, I think I have a problem, I don’t know if it’s kinky or game, so I decided to come here.

so, I tried to initiate the sex of two of my characters (my folders only have the kinky mods, l666 animations, and the kinky recommended ones) but no action happens, not even the game itself, they walk to the object and stay there stopped but doing nothing, can someone help me?

50 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

yeah, I want someone outside to be able to open my window, but not me... smh).

Do those windows open? Because the biggest issue I found with EA backward windows is an apartment in Bridgeport, when sims try to woohoo against the window... out the door, down the elevator, around the building, and magically appear on the 20th floor ledge to do the deed! OY!!!

53 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Have you noticed lots with everything in a basement get less visitors

I honestly never took notice.

4 hours ago, jdw6 said:

The sims they created for it, though, are some of the better looking ones

If I understood correctly, when the Sims 3 was released, it was supposed to be a 'prequel' to the Sims 2 historically speaking. This is usually confirmed by the existence of a young Bella Goth in the base game. Imagine my surprise, although given EA's track record - I shouldn't have been when I found both Nina and Dina Caliente' both living in Barnacle Bay as adults just like in the Sims 2.

4 hours ago, deadin said:

Hey, I think I have a problem, I don’t know if it’s kinky or game, so I decided to come here.

so, I tried to initiate the sex of two of my characters (my folders only have the kinky mods, l666 animations, and the kinky recommended ones) but no action happens, not even the game itself, they walk to the object and stay there stopped but doing nothing, can someone help me?

Try starting here: https://www.loverslab.com/search/?q=kinky world doesn't work&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=74&search_and_or=and

If you read the download post by the creator you'd know there are animations now included with the mod and which ones they are. Some 'are' updateable if you read the animations post, but it's probable you have duplicates as well according to your post. It works for most people, so it's best to read how the mod works, and what's included. I've heard this exact same complaint before, and know it's been answered many times. Heck, your computer even might not be up to the task.... Many possibilities that only you can answer.

7 hours ago, landess said:

Tente começar aqui:  https://www.loverslab.com/search/?q=kinky world não funciona & quick = 1 & type = forums_topic & nodes = 74 & search_and_or = e

Se você ler a postagem de download pelo criador, saberá que agora existem animações incluídas no mod e quais são elas. Alguns 'são' atualizáveis se você ler a publicação de animações, mas é provável que você tenha duplicatas também de acordo com a publicação. Funciona para a maioria das pessoas, por isso é melhor ler como o mod funciona e o que está incluído. Já ouvi essa mesma reclamação antes e sei que ela já foi respondida várias vezes. Heck, seu computador pode até não estar à altura da tarefa .... Muitas possibilidades que somente você pode responder.

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Do those windows open?

No, but in building structures, I have noticed that most light up the room if the arrow points inward, but a few (truth divider, I think is the one with the crank is this way) wants the arrow pointing out to bring light in... or, at least that is what I'm thinking I'm remembering (game's not running so cant' check).

The sims woohooing in mid air 20 floors up, might be a result of which way that arrow for the windows points.  Seems like EA used it for some things to indicate "direction of movement" (as in "go thru it this way >>>") but in other places they used it to indicate "originating location" (bad word, but best I have, meaning "sims come from over <<<< to get to this thing").  The overall lack of consistency is what causes me a lot of angst while playing the game.  And I'm sure results in some of the issues w/ mods like KW.  The whole is the direction given the target or source (hey! better words) thing always gets me with wind directions, too.  I guess I always want directions given where something is going, not where it's from. I don't GAF where it came from, tell me where it's going.  And TS3's windows and doors seem to be a mix of the 3 possible variants: arrow points towards source, arrow points towards target, arrow is irrelevant.  The door thing, I noticed more with front doors.  Seemed like EA has all their front doors arrow out, bass-ackward (woah! thought that 'word' dated to the 1980, not the 1880s) if you ask me.

Oh, and I've not quite noticed whether KW treats windows as a "source" or "destination" thing yet.  But I do know this: in Starlight Shores, EA's "designers" couldn't even be consistent in placing windows in the same lot.  The gym has 80% of the windows one way, but 20% the other.  Drives me up a wall.  It's like they were rushing so hard that they either stopped caring, or didn't have time to care.  Or (like those older casement windows w/ a crank to open) just were too young to have ever used a window like that so they didn't even know what those things were.

9 hours ago, landess said:

it was supposed to be a 'prequel' to the Sims 2 historically speaking

See, this is where your knowledge shows :) I never did the whole TS2 thing (and actually despised EA for seemingly "abandoning" SimCity for "The Sims" when they 1st released this franchise... which might also explain why I spend more time in build/buy and edit town modes than CAS, or even live play).  But I've also not connected up townies' names with those from other worlds (a word I don't really like, as they're more "cities" than "worlds"... as in, you can't travel to another world on vacation, but another city, yes).  But, I did notice some confusion in doppelganger sims after traveling (maybe it was when I moved) once. I think I'd invited to visit some I'd befriended in another world, then other copies of the same sims showed up as tourists.  Other than that, I rarely think of townie-type sims as having any history, future, back-story, etc.  Something, guessing nraas SP, likes to force them to change careers from whatever "back-story" they may have been intended to have, or even what career I set.  I've tried disabling that a few times, but haven't uttered the correct magic incantation as yet.

For the n00bs: yes, "magic incantations" are necessary for figuring out how TS3/KW/nraas/[name your large mod] work. It takes trial and error (either from you or someone on a forum) to figure out which combination (and they're almost all unique) of mods & settings does what you want, and often mod developers made it impossible by hard-coding their mods to work in their way, not your way.  Figuring out how to get your game to go how you want (or even if it is possible) is half the fun of playing the game. ? 

13 hours ago, deadin said:

they walk to the object and stay there stopped but doing nothing

Try this: hit "fast forward" (2 or 3 on the keyboard, or the controls by the tilt/move GUI at the bottom of the screen) and let it go for a sim hour.  I've noticed that sometimes, but if I fast forward a while, the processing catches up and they do what they went there to do.  I know it's not my computer or video card as both are far faster than TS3's developers ever imagined possible.  So that means it could just be programming (not to be too technical, but there could be waits, locks, or other things that prevent that particular animation from playing).  Sometimes it happens, because the object is locked by other sims (they were going to use it before your sims, but they might not have gotten there yet) or one of your sims is locked by some other sim wanting to ask/talk to your sim.  Check their queues for other things.  That happens a lot if A & B are wanting to woohoo, but C wants to ask B to show her pussy or A to show his cock.  Lastly, I think (but have not verified) that some of the animations just are slower to load, but have nothing to confirm that other than my own gut.

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

Tente o seguinte: pressione "avançar rapidamente" (2 ou 3 no teclado ou os controles da GUI de inclinação / movimento na parte inferior da tela) e deixe por uma hora sim. Eu notei isso algumas vezes, mas se eu avançar um pouco, o processamento é atualizado e eles fazem o que foram lá para fazer. Eu sei que não é meu computador ou placa de vídeo, pois ambos são muito mais rápidos do que os desenvolvedores do TS3 jamais imaginaram serem possíveis. Isso significa que poderia ser apenas programação (para não ser muito técnico, mas poderia haver esperas, bloqueios ou outras coisas que impedem a execução dessa animação específica). Às vezes isso acontece, porque o objeto está bloqueado por outros sims (eles o usariam antes dos seus sims, mas talvez ainda não tenham chegado lá) ou um dos seus sims está bloqueado por outro sim que deseja perguntar / conversar com seu sims sim. Verifique suas filas para outras coisas. Isso acontece muito se A & B estão querendo atrair, mas C quer pedir a B para mostrar sua buceta ou A para mostrar seu pau. Por fim, acho (mas não verifiquei) que algumas das animações são mais lentas para carregar, mas não têm nada para confirmar isso além do meu próprio intestino.

I also thought it could be a common delay, but even though it didn't happen, it was just the two in the house and the free bars. I think I'll just take the mod out and play normally.

3 hours ago, jdw6 said:

The overall lack of consistency is what causes me a lot of angst while playing the game.

It seems to get worse as time went on. The default game was pretty flawless, but when you have to 'patch-in' EP's to pre-existing towns, then certain issues became more noticeable. This is in addition to overlooked things in EP worlds. It almost seems the EP's were handed over to a newer crew with a revolving door policy, working with established tools and programs and not being intimate with the original creation, so understanding of mechanics across the board or how to properly troubleshoot/test began to fail.

3 hours ago, jdw6 said:

wants the arrow pointing out to bring light in

I noticed this in Build and Buy, but once back to 'live' the light appears to work normally regardless. It's as if that function was to help a player properly place windows if not paying attention to details like the knobs and 'window sliding mechanics' (the lower window should always be forward of the upper window if it slides up per real life)

3 hours ago, jdw6 said:

TS3's windows and doors seem to be a mix of the 3 possible variants: arrow points towards source, arrow points towards target, arrow is irrelevant

Later Ep's introduced new animations tied to windows - for example: the Brooding Trait will cause a sim to autonomously 'look out a window'. I believe there has always been 'peeping' into windows - not KW related, but KW expanded on this. How much these tie into a windows facing is unknown to me, but using one in a sexual animation apparently has connotations.

3 hours ago, jdw6 said:

I'd invited to visit some I'd befriended in another world, then other copies of the same sims showed up as tourists

This is part of the 'hidden' baggage a Sim can carry, and it's usefulness is purely player driven. I never 'move' households between towns, but will save them to the bin, and place them in a new town, preserving many other things like skills, job/level, etc.

1 hour ago, deadin said:

I think I'll just take the mod out and play normally

Take a look at Passion before you give up. If that works fine for you then you'll know your mod set-up was fine, but there was some issue using KW which failed to be resolved. Most players whom don't understand the intricacies of using a heavily scripted CORE mod can be overwhelmed if things don't work properly off the bat when new to Sims 3 mods. If you continue to use mods with the Sims 3, this is useful knowledge to acquire over time to be able to take advantage of the immense number of mods available beyond simple object CC. (simple to use - not create) You may quit playing the Sims 3 in a year, so this info will be useless in the future. I've been playing since 2009 and have grown with all the issues and changes over time instead of trying to learn it all in a few days and have been using PC's since the 90's years before there was a program called Windows.

>>>> Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids! - Somehow with KW that just sounds wrong....

Spoiler

Screenshot-12.jpg.c0858e6dee7b7f3668e22f712788b1d8.jpg

>>>Just got back from the Sims 4 Technical sub-forum. Suddenly KinkyWorld seems a LOT more friendly - It must be a common thing for people to just not read what is needed, available, and expect everything to work flawlessly like they're using a gaming console and not a PC.

1 hour ago, landess said:

Dê uma olhada no Passion antes de desistir. Se isso funcionar bem para você, você saberá que a configuração do seu mod foi boa, mas houve um problema ao usar o KW que não foi resolvido. A maioria dos jogadores que não entendem os meandros do uso de um mod CORE com scripts pesados pode ficar sobrecarregada se as coisas não funcionarem corretamente quando novos nos mods do The Sims 3. Se você continuar usando mods com o The Sims 3, é um conhecimento útil adquirir ao longo do tempo para poder tirar proveito do imenso número de mods disponíveis além do simples objeto CC. (simples de usar - não criar) Você pode parar de jogar o The Sims 3 em um ano, portanto essas informações serão inúteis no futuro. Eu jogo desde 2009 e cresci com todos os problemas e mudanças ao longo do tempo, em vez de tentar aprender tudo em alguns dias e usar PCs desde os anos 90 '

>>>> Coelho bobo! Trix são para crianças! - De alguma forma, com KW, isso parece errado ....

Revelar conteúdo oculto

Screenshot-12.jpg.c0858e6dee7b7f3668e22f712788b1d8.jpg

>>> Acabei de voltar do sub-fórum técnico do The Sims 4. De repente, o KinkyWorld parece MUITO mais amigável - deve ser comum as pessoas simplesmente não lerem o que é necessário, disponível e esperar que tudo funcione perfeitamente, como se estivessem usando um console de jogos e não um PC.

It is not the first time that I try to use mods, it is only the first that I do not feel like spending many days looking for a solution. so I asked for help because it was a little more difficult and it took me a little too long to ask for help on second thought. I've been playing the sims since 2010 and I've done a lot of things on it, and I only recreated mods in 2017, which was when I started playing 3 again. But thanks for the help, and I might try other mods sometime.

2 hours ago, landess said:

I noticed this in Build and Buy, but once back to 'live' the light appears to work normally regardless.

This is one of the "wait, that window's description said it was suppose to be one-way, didn't it?!?" type of oddities, since there's one of the floor-to-ceiling 3-wide chunks of glass whose description and smaller animated rotating thumbnail says/shows that it's supposed to be a privacy window... if placed correctly, but I've never got that one working "right". Those types of windows, though (and there's a few floor-to-ceiling ones) do make the window woohoo much more entertaining. As well as pools.

7 hours ago, jdw6 said:

The sims woohooing in mid air 20 floors up, might be a result of which way that arrow for the windows points. 

It is. That was something I learned long before KW, as Animated Woohoo also has window animations. Eventually, I learned about testing cheats, etc and was able to flip the windows. But, many EA houses and apartments have windows with arrows pointing out. Even some CC houses are this way. I usually forget about it until a sim walks out of the room, down the hall, through the kitchen, out the backdoor, completely around the house and lines up with the window! When the deed is done, I go into build mode and start flipping windows!!!

Never noticed the light coming in part. I'll have to take notice.

7 hours ago, jdw6 said:

Or (like those older casement windows w/ a crank to open) just were too young to have ever used a window like that so they didn't even know what those things were.

Or... too wealthy. Where I grew up, we were so poor (not that poor) that we had to share one window between 3 rooms! ))))))))) And the crank was broken, so we just held it open with a stick!!!!

3 hours ago, landess said:

but KW expanded on this. How much these tie into a windows facing is unknown to me, but using one in a sexual animation apparently has connotations.

Not 100% sure, but I also think that Peeping Tom will just walk into your house and look out a window if facing the wrong direction.

6 hours ago, jdw6 said:

But, I did notice some confusion in doppelganger sims

I had a recent triplets episode. An ITF descendant came to Bridgeport, and then I saw 2 more with different names! Same hair, clothes, everything. OY!

5 hours ago, deadin said:

I also thought it could be a common delay, but even though it didn't happen, it was just the two in the house and the free bars. I think I'll just take the mod out and play normally.

Much has to do with your computer. If it is minimal requirements, it will struggle to run the programs. TS3 is big, and KW is also. And as KW is constantly overwriting EA code, a slower computer will have more lag spots.

4 hours ago, landess said:

>>>> Silly Rabbit! Trix are for kids! - Somehow with KW that just sounds wrong....

Hmmm... BAD bunny!!!

12 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Not 100% sure, but I also think that Peeping Tom will just walk into your house and look out a window if facing the wrong direction.

Somewhere I read that if your lot is on a hill, they'll spawn in the basement. While I don't know if that is/was true, I do know I've had them spawn in the 4th sub basement on a lot where there was a hill. I turned the Bridgeport Overlook park into a residential lot, bulldozed it, and built a huge home. Got frustrated w/ the basement spawning KW NPC things and started over on a flat lot in another city. lol I think I just was a bit tired of Bridgeport. Oddly, I'm pretty darn sure I got all the windows the "right way around" but they were still often inside looking out. Finally just disabled that "feature" of KW.

I just got a new system, and as usual the Vid card is not recognized by GraphicsRules.sgr and GraphicsCards.sgr. As usual I did a manual Edit, but even though it was working, I had doubts about my manual fix for my RTX 2070 Super.

I found this https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/106?tab=posts&BH=0

I highly recommend it. I mean I had most everything correct with my manual fix, but this did a much better job, and added even newer cards than mine to the two files, it was updated , so I would say it is pretty up to date.. If you need something like this I thought it worth mentioning.

Can any Patreons let us know if in the most recent test build, the janitor and bouncer work for brothels? I have the last PB (399) and janitors and bouncers screw customers but never any cleaning/fixing/guarding.

Also has anyone else ran into problems with butlers not working after installing KW? If do, any suggestions on what to do? Basically what happens is i hire butlers who only repair items but never clean, thus resulting in me having my sims do the cleaning or having to hire a maid. The spongebath option also is always visible on all sinks but when i remove KW from my mod folder, butlers work as they should and the spongebath option disappears.

48 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

they'll spawn

NPC's (not inactives for those not understanding the difference) must have spawn/despawn points. While some HighRise buildings do have dedicated 'doors', I've spent a little time following NPC's with the camera. Sometimes they go to an empty (no lot) location and just disappear. This might account for the basement spawns. Other times I've seen them just vanish at 'public' lot's with rabbithole venues. 'IF' they use a door in a highrise apt. you CAN knock on the door and they answer if 'home'. I remember following a maid and finding out where she lived, then was able to knock on the door, and group up for a date (needed to flirt after grouping). Of course you can't be invited inside, but I found it interesting that there were other ways to interact with NPC's besides a phone call if they weren't 'on the map'.

When using a call box at a highrise with known NPC apartments, selecting that option will show all the NPC's 'living' there and I've seen duplicate sims assigned there as well. Only once did I have a bartender 'living' at the bar they tended. The different way EA handles NPC's makes me wonder if it's the same function but location creates different options, and apparently not all programmers got the memo on the EA preferred way to handle this. Very sporadic.

One thing I wish was handled differently is NPC bartenders and doormen (or the like). They work 7 days a week and usually for way more than 8 hours. Morning is usually the only time they can be met with if your sim wants to group/hang out with them. Either a rotating shift or a week split between 2 sims at a location would be so much more immersive.

While not all Self employed jobs seem to be used by inactives, there are some which will be taken and one can see them in action like the ghosthunter profession. Because I'm so Anal about sim style and looks, I usually delete any Stylist locations unless MY sim is the one doing that job. Funny game the Sims 3, when I step back and look at it, knowing what I know......

25 minutes ago, galgat said:

As usual I did a manual Edit

Curious how that compares to:

You might also link that in either TECH or General sub-forums - not everyone visits the 'too long to read' KW post :) 

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

I turned the Bridgeport Overlook park into a residential lot, bulldozed it, and built a huge home.

I always do that! In fact, my most recent home is my current game where I saved the old nectary from WA France to library, bulldozed (I guess it's Overlook Park?) the lot at the end of the one lane winding road... and placed the old nectary there. I think my basement goes 3 or 4 floors down. My sims are on vacation in Mount St Michel, a download world, so I can't count exactly how many floors down, but I can actually go more. 

Spoiler

Screenshot-223.jpg.cc6a74f3dec6461248b3deda5b23a522.jpg

This is from a while ago. I have more gargoyles now!

10 minutes ago, CasaNova73099 said:

spongebath option disappears

Without KW this should only be an option for sloppy/messy/'whatever the trait is' Sims. I have never used a Butler, so someone else needs to chime in here.....

I only rarely used Brothels, and found janitors/bouncers unreliable as well. Plus they really add nothing to the game for me since I tend to use a home for a brothel, which gives me options like 'ask to leave'. I can also lock doors to restrict public traffic during operating hours. They can be quite lucrative though so I understand the desire to run one (best to use KW sexbots - like a Terminator they don't eat, sleep or get tired, and will never, ever stop until....)

Sorry, no clue about them being fixed in the latest Patreon build either.

3 minutes ago, LabLovers530 said:

Is there a new link to download the mod?

Nope, same links at the bottom of the OP.

Just noticed: combined downloads of 180,000 and only 149 likes - fuckin' stingy bastards....

32 minutes ago, galgat said:

I'll definitely check this out! Anything to help the game run better!

15 minutes ago, CasaNova73099 said:

Can any Patreons let us know

None here that I know of. 

16 minutes ago, CasaNova73099 said:

Basically what happens is i hire butlers who only repair items but never clean, thus resulting in me having my sims do the cleaning or having to hire a maid.

Seems to be one of those issues that has never been complained about enough for Oniki to worry about. I finally got Into The Future recently... mostly because of my FemmeBot idea. I will say that as it turns out, my FemmeBots (sexy female Plumbots), when equipped with the right trait chips, are great housekeepers, gardeners and nannies!!! The handi-bot chip, a FemmeBot will fix things, but you must tell her to do an upgrade. They autonomously feed babies, change diapers, teach toddlers to walk and talk, no potty training autonomously...yet, constantly give them social attention, wash dishes, clean, take out the trash, empty the potty, tend a garden and fix broken items! Better than a butler as they don't cost $1200 per week. )))