Is CBBE still the King... er.... Queen?

kindashy

Hey all, been running Skyrim for a few months now and have exclusively used CBBE. I'm starting a fresh install and was wondering if I should try a different body mod.

What's you favorite mod (or combination) and why?

Are there any visually stunning armor mods that are a must have?

I would say there are two big body replacers atm: CBBE and UNP.

CBBE has Bodyslide, so it can have any shape you want, theoratically.

UNP is better weighted and higher meshed atm -> better look (less edged) and better animations (less weird deformations)

They both can have HDT or (T)BBP

There are many good armor mods for both, most armors already have versions for both bodies.

But still I stay with CBBE and hope that Caliente will improve the mesh and weighting, like promised.

Rather than one king and a united land, we have two distinct regions on the Body Mod Landscape.

The Land of CBBE is a single democratic place with unparalleled freedom to be what you make of it, but suffers from a poor foundation. All are united under one banner, and where the extra work is done, anything produced in this land can fit any shape your taste takes you there. Lower quality of life, but much more free.

The Federation of UNP is a loosely unified group of many small self-governing city-states and a couple of larger countries unified under a common banner that share some basic resources freely but require one to ultimately declare an allegiance to one or another. Higher quality of life is to be found here, but at the cost of some choice.

always used CBBE, Caliente is a fun person

"UNP is like the commies, always divided by their opinions, thats why ther's a crapton of versions of it, and everyone hates each other"

So, in your view, having multiple body types is a bad thing? "Then tell me, what's up with all those crapton versions of CBBE that you find everywhere?" also, people have different tastes, no one hates each other.

And I know, it's one of those topics again...BUT there's lots of fun with those topics!

Skyrim's vanilla body is teh best body!

Skyrim's vanilla body is teh best body!

Honestly the vanilla body this time around wasn't bad by vanilla TES standards. It had sort of an action girl Conan-esque charm to it, kinda thick and tough-looking. As far as vanilla goes, anyway.

I'm impartial to Kendo's UNP HDT body.  Well proportioned, healthy and has some with beautiful six packs.  I also like SevenBase as well but only when they're B-cup or smaller.  Anything bigger and I start laughing because I immediately think, "DAMN THE TORPEDOES!!!!" xD.  I'm sorry to say I've never really liked the CBBE body for some reason.  I think its because, to me at least, the nipples look very unrealistic.

I think it's all personal preference and how you play your game. I started out Cbbe then went to UNP, then to UNPB then to 7B which I still like the best. But my skyrim game is more deviant in nature and when DD got the latest updates it starting to look like UNPB/7B are getting left behind. I know Shocky makes DD conversions for 7B but he doesn't support Expansions which I like. Also, since strides have been made with realistic vaginas I switched back to CBBE to give that a shot and it's not 100% perfect but I'm happy with it. Plus I can use all my Devious mods. I know there's always a pissing match over bodies, not just on LL but all over the net when it comes to this. My answer is experiment and use what body works best for YOU and how YOU play your game. If you have to switch down the line, it's alittle time consuming but it won't kill you either...JMO

CBBE is for virgin modders. Its a great all in one resource that has tons of armor conversions that don't require a lot of fiddling to make them work. So if you've never modded a game before and Skyrim is your first modifiable one...CBBE is a nice entry level body replacer that has a good amount of easy plug and play content.

So there are some virtues to CBBE...but is it the Queen? No. The chick at the bar that will go home with anyone is called something else.

CBBE is for virgin modders. Its a great all in one resource that has tons of armor conversions that don't require a lot of fiddling to make them work. So if you've never modded a game before and Skyrim is your first modifiable one...CBBE is a nice entry level body replacer that has a good amount of easy plug and play content.

So there are some virtues to CBBE...but is it the Queen? No. The chick at the bar that will go home with anyone is called something else.

Hahahahaha you just made my day :D

But yea, just checked a mod for new textures : CBBE = 28K downloads /// UNP = 50K downloads, and this was for some stuff made back in Dec 2014.

It's very individual. I have used almost every type, and at the time, I liked them. But sooner or later you might find something that you like better.

Why stick with just one? With the BodyChange mod, you can have many types installed at once, and by just one click, you can go from CBEE to UNP/7B and back to CBEE again, without the need to re-install types over and over again.

My comment? Just use a body mod that you think is the most comfortable, user-friendly and familiar to you, and depending on what you want to do with your character or your RP preferences.

I use UNP because of its immense amount of clothing and armor mods available for it, but I don't push anyone to use UNP.

I have to throw a vote behind OPPAI, I've been riding the Sevenbase train since before it was officially released but OPPAI has taken the already incredible mesh Sevennity and the gang did and made it even better.

I'm trying to set up a big OPPAI conversions list atm...and whats not done, I may end up doing because its really a good adaptation of the 7B figure...it just looks and feels more natural...well as natural as a body can be for a body that is absolutely heroically perfect in every respect.

Archived