Is CBBE still the King... er.... Queen?

kindashy

I made my own UNP derivative.  I didn't make a CBBE one and I don't think anyone will be improving CBBE anytime soon.  Why would they when they can use BodySlide and OutfitStudio and not have to resort to modding?  The bad thing about those programs is they are killing the next generation of modders since few people will have the skill sets to maneuver in Blender or 3DMax.  All they will know is BodySlide/OutfitStudio/ECE/RaceMenu player utilities and that shit will be useless when the next modifiable game gets released.  It will be just like it is now but even more so.  They will be waiting for someone else to make original content so they can copy it, because they won't know the fundamentals of really working a mesh in a 3d editing program.

Anyway, I tried CBBE when it was first released and that didn't last very long (less than an hour of play).  It looked terrible and the rigging was a joke.  It was so bad I resorted to using Astrid's vanilla nude body and making color-matched textures from FO3 Type textures to work with Skyrim.  I used that for almost two years.  I play tested the original UNP beta meshes and textures and dimon99 (being how he is) refined it several times before it was finally released.  Even then I didn't start using it until maybe six months ago and (being how I am) I had to change it to suit my own tastes.

So yeah, UNP.  Actually my version of UNP. :P

That's like saying that unless you write your own scripts to allow blender to import and export nifs you aren't modding. So yeah, even highly talented modders rely on others to supply them with the tools they need. Good luck trying to mod when you don't have the creation kit, SKSE, 3DS Max or blender. Outfitstudio works a lot like a very streamlined and limited version of blender for example, you can't create new meshes, you can only edit them. Most people lack the skills to create a mesh from scratch, so they rely on others to provide something they can work with, like a body and skeleton for example.

A modder on his own can't really do anything big. Ashal made Sexlab, but others made animations for it. The animations don't do anything without Sexlab and Sexlab can't do anything without animations. That's the nice thing about modding, it's a community effort. You may laugh about someone who uses Bodyslide to convert an outfit, but Caliente could probably laugh at almost any other modder because s/he wrote a program that allows you to edit meshes when the blender nifscripts team hasn't achieved much since the end of 2011. Or Fore, who made it possible to add animations to Skyrim in the first place. But again, Fore's work wouldn't mean anything if there weren't people who create animations. It's a nice circle where each new thing adds to the beauty of it.

I use both 7BO and Leito 2.2

7BO
image.jpg
7BO
image.jpg

And Leito 2.2:
image.jpg
Leito 2.2
q16.jpg
Leito 2.2
image.jpg

Leito 2.2 being the main body(vanilla + DLC), and 7BO portion is Hmm What to Wear line.

I used to run Dreamgirl, but I replaced it with Leito 2.2 because I like the overall shape the best out of them all. Leito 2.2 to me feels like an improved CNHF. I do my own custom normal mapping also some texture edits with some assets, and I'm eventually going to figure out nifskope, blender, and 3dsmax(seems a lot of tools arent' compatible with new versions of these programs). That's a real way to appreciate what's actually been done, understanding it and going your own way. There comes this point where you just can't take it anymore and custom becomes THE ONLY WAY to get exactly what you want and how you want things to look.

I stopped using CBBE a long time ago, because the body didn't look right in motion. And even regular UNP started getting to me because of the appendages. 

I am a total tool when it comes to stuff like blender, nif-thingy, 3DMax and all that stuff.

That is why I am the mercy of modders that can do stuff like that. I am a slow learner, I can't learn well from books or written tutorials and even for the easiest of scripts I have to ask people until they are blue in the face.

I used CBBE for quite some time, I use 7BO every now and then and mostly the standard UNP. I wanted to use UNPetite, but sadly, there are not many conversions for it (or I am too stupid to find them). So for me it is UNP most of the time now.

Yes, I am a sad fuck who can't give much back to the community of modders besides my thanks for everyone who puts effort into modding.

I was proud already that I was able to use the CK for books, now I built a little house and have trouble with scripting the stuff I would like to.

CBBE for me, looks good not playing in 4k and for some time now if I want the body to look like UNP there is BodySlide that has Imitation UNP or what ever you want it to look like. Not as good as UNP but non of the headaches of getting UNP to work. Works well for simple needs of just running around and letting the stress of work melt away. 

I used UNP for months and still love it for various reasons.  On a whim, after being away from Skyrim for a few months I installed the 7Base Bombshell and instantly fell in love again.  I used that until my last reinstall of the game, when I went to CBBE.

CBBE was my body of choice in Oblivion, and I was struck by how much smoother and prettier the face is now than it was in 7B.  Perhaps some of that is the body texture I use, but not all of it.

I'd never heard of the BodyChange mod before.  Now I have something new to look into, so I can use all 3 body styles PLUS Lady body!

It's a good day.

<SNIP>

*go ahead and insert my standard response to your uninformed know-nothing bullshit here*

Although I quoted you, this wasn't directed at you.

I used UNP for months and still love it for various reasons.  On a whim, after being away from Skyrim for a few months I installed the 7Base Bombshell and instantly fell in love again.  I used that until my last reinstall of the game, when I went to CBBE.

CBBE was my body of choice in Oblivion, and I was struck by how much smoother and prettier the face is now than it was in 7B.  Perhaps some of that is the body texture I use, but not all of it.

I'd never heard of the BodyChange mod before.  Now I have something new to look into, so I can use all 3 body styles PLUS Lady body!

It's a good day.

The head is not affected by body replacers, though. So if you see a difference on how the head looks, it's the textures. Or you installed a head replacer, but those don't come with body replacers.

Also, Oblivion didn't have CBBE, that was the HGEC body. /nitpick

Sorry for the double post.

I am a total tool when it comes to stuff like blender, nif-thingy, 3DMax and all that stuff.

That is why I am the mercy of modders that can do stuff like that. I am a slow learner, I can't learn well from books or written tutorials and even for the easiest of scripts I have to ask people until they are blue in the face.

I used CBBE for quite some time, I use 7BO every now and then and mostly the standard UNP. I wanted to use UNPetite, but sadly, there are not many conversions for it (or I am too stupid to find them). So for me it is UNP most of the time now.

Yes, I am a sad fuck who can't give much back to the community of modders besides my thanks for everyone who puts effort into modding.

I was proud already that I was able to use the CK for books, now I built a little house and have trouble with scripting the stuff I would like to.

Don't underestimate what you bring to the table. Without anyone downloading it, even the best mod doesn't really do anything. People downloading and liking a mod gives the mod author a good feeling and motivation to continue what they are doing. Even modders who never share their stuff but happily post screenshots of it would get nothing out of it if it weren't for people who like the shots.

i was going to say that, NV, Fo3 and oblivion had 1 type of body, all compatible and with a few differences between each other

but then caliente released CBBE, and a few months later dimon released UNP, both 2 were compatible with ech other, witha few texture bugs but compatible(aka the Nipple bug)

then UNPB was released and the Body wars started

i was going to say that, NV, Fo3 and oblivion had 1 type of body, all compatible and with a few differences between each other

but then caliente released CBBE, and a few months later dimon released UNP, both 2 were compatible with ech other, witha few texture bugs but compatible(aka the Nipple bug)

then UNPB was released and the Body wars started

This post doesn't really make much sense.

For starters NV, FO3, and Oblivion had plenty of body types which were incompatible between each other. 

Secondly, there's more incompatibilities between CBBE and UNP besides nipple textures.

I don't think its essentially correct to think of it as "body wars".....this subject generally devolves into that kind of debate...about which is "better".

Simple facts are is all body mods, even the male body mods (of which there are far too few) bring options to the table.

These are creative endeavors shared for free that people have invested a lot of time into...and while its natural to assume that everyone of them would like to be the only show in town, no self respecting artist could be comfortable with roaming gangs of fans randomly stabbing each other in the face on the internet over which ones work is better.

CBBE is fantastic for low end hardware, it also cleans up rather nicely and is very adaptable and easy to just install and go.

UNP also has matured very well and has spawned a whole slew of variant endeavors which have enriched the options for users and artists alike.

The nice thing about this proliferation is not everyone looks exactly the same.....its not like back in Morrowind where EVERYONE used Better Bodies and all characters looked exactly the same.

Variety is awesome, and with luck, Bethesda will stick to their usual development routine and most of all of these bodies will make the jump to FO4 without too much fiddling required.

Its not body wars, its a great feast of creativity that literally can only get bigger and bigger as Bethesda produces more modifiable RPGs....and there is a seat at the table for everyone.

I started with CBBE thought it was great, then I wanted more curves, and more customization. So I went with 7b, really easy install, and best of all its compatible with UNP textures. Although it does lack armor support, it has plenty of options for what type of body you want.

<SNIP>

*go ahead and insert my standard response to your uninformed know-nothing bullshit here*

Although I quoted you, this wasn't directed at you.

It's a good day.

The head is not affected by body replacers, though. So if you see a difference on how the head looks, it's the textures. Or you installed a head replacer, but those don't come with body replacers.

Also, Oblivion didn't have CBBE, that was the HGEC body. /nitpick

I stand corrected.  It reminds me very much of the look I get with CBBE, however.

Although it does lack armor support, it has plenty of options for what type of body you want.

And what good does a great body do if you lack stuff to put on it? Or if the ladies breasts magically grow by a factor of 5 whenever she gets naked because the body does not have proper armor/clothing support?

It is only my personal opinion, but I think a body replacer without at least all the vanilla armors converted to it is useless.

(For consumers who want to install and play, mind you. For modders who want to refit every single armor themselves over the years, it is a different story, obviously.)

Although it does lack armor support, it has plenty of options for what type of body you want.

And what good does a great body do if you lack stuff to put on it? Or if the ladies breasts magically grow by a factor of 5 whenever she gets naked because the body does not have proper armor/clothing support?

It is only my personal opinion, but I think a body replacer without at least all the vanilla armors converted to it is useless.

(For consumers who want to install and play, mind you. For modders who want to refit every single armor themselves over the years, it is a different story, obviously.)

Converting vanilla armors makes almost no sense for female characters. You'll look the same in them with a vanilla body or a custom body. Now skimpified versions I can understand. But vanilla metal armors? I don't see the importance. You can just wear the vanilla, unmodified armors in that case.

Well I could understand you having that opinion if Antroxx was even remotely correct. 7B has got more armor coverage than any UNP variant, by miles. For starters all vanilla sets are covered by rickerhk's conversion of Chronotrigger's remodelled armors, or there's Stevierage's conversion of I Love Cleavage. And the clothes these don't cover well, the Mini Dresses collection does. 

Shocky has some 80 odd armor sets on his page, most of b3lisario's UNPB conversions are covered. Melodiq has done a vast chunk of Asianboy's Tera sets (try finding similar for UNPB and you'll be out of luck), and there are numerous variations and mashups of some of the signature sets in the collection available. Then there's stuff like Brokefoot's Mashup, Bikini Trouble, Bouncing Bodices...in fact, just about any armor mod worth a look that's been released in the last year or so has seen a 7b conversion done, sometimes hitting the mod sites within hours. 

Lacking armor support? Sevenbase? Hardly. 

Converting vanilla armors makes almost no sense for female characters. You'll look the same in them with a vanilla body or a custom body. Now skimpified versions I can understand. But vanilla metal armors? I don't see the importance. You can just wear the vanilla, unmodified armors in that case.

Well I could understand you having that opinion if Antroxx was even remotely correct. 7B has got more armor coverage than any UNP variant, by miles. For starters all vanilla sets are covered by rickerhk's conversion of Chronotrigger's remodelled armors, or there's Stevierage's conversion of I Love Cleavage. And the clothes these don't cover well, the Mini Dresses collection does. 

Shocky has some 80 odd armor sets on his page, most of b3lisario's UNPB conversions are covered. Melodiq has done a vast chunk of Asianboy's Tera sets (try finding similar for UNPB and you'll be out of luck), and there are numerous variations and mashups of some of the signature sets in the collection available. Then there's stuff like Brokefoot's Mashup, Bikini Trouble, Bouncing Bodices...in fact, just about any armor mod worth a look that's been released in the last year or so has seen a 7b conversion done, sometimes hitting the mod sites within hours. 

While I understand your point of views, I think I should explain a bit more why I think the way I do.

First of all, I want the NPCs (Vanilla + DLCs) to look good as well, not just my own character. And they wear vanilla armors/clothes.

Second, I prefer rather large breast sizes. And armor/clothing that is not fitted to that larger cup size just looks silly, regardless if it is skimpy or not.

I mean, come on. Imagine a girl has a cup size of, say, Cup K, and once she puts on a set of armor, she suddenly drops down to Double C? Because the armor is made for that cup size and not the one she actually has?

At least for me, that is a deal killer.

I do not care about oh so many nice lingerie sets  or fetish gear for the player character. Not at all.

Though I must admit there certainly is some really nice stuff out there, for all the body types. But I am not looking to make my player character look good. I am looking to make all female NPCs (I got the guys covered) look good, with or without armor.

And that includes not switching cup sizes when getting naked.

I concur though that from a mesh standpoint, the UNP based bodies seem to be a bit better than the CBBE base. At least from what little I could see.

Basically, it really just comes down to personal preferences, I guess. And I prefer it when all armors fit the actual body shape for both player and NPC, and don't switch shape depending on what is worn (or if naked).

As if anyone could tell with your crushed light level and flattened contrast.

7B has got more armor coverage than any UNP variant,

Also categorically false, base unp and /b has had by far the largest support base thanks to eastern modders and CBBE would be next, since japanese modders and convertors tend to favor it to a pretty large degree due to the giant gozanga titties it comes with out of the box.

7B has a shit-ton of fetish armor, fetish does not a majority make.

As for the best: It all comes down to personal wishes and choice; there are some objective and factual differences between the bodies, CBBE has the worst rigging and topology and also a very simply and flatly implemented UV map, that really can't be argued; UNP has it's own issue with shoulders, elbows and knees; and Dream girl kicks the shit out of anything when it comes to rigging and topology (yes even dazonica can't keep a candle to it, especially in motion) but the accessories for it are severely lacking, and the author didn't even bother to fix the vertex issues on the hands and feet of the model and the wrists and ankles they attach to, leaving you with exactly one weight category to choose if you ever plan to have the model with exposed arms or legs.  Citrus has pretty amazing and uniform topology as well, (though DG is simply better in motion), and tends to take the best stills.

For non-fetish variety, UNP has largest accessory base, and every body has vanilla stuff pretty much covered.

that don't make much sense

of course you can't tell, my char no longer use unp...

and there's some differences with my screens and how it look in game

well... i did ask about it some month ago, waste of time, so i am still posting the same crap (taking bmp with fraps that you have to convert to jpg, that's a stupid solution)

While I understand your point of views, I think I should explain a bit more why I think the way I do.

First of all, I want the NPCs (Vanilla + DLCs) to look good as well, not just my own character. And they wear vanilla armors/clothes.

Second, I prefer rather large breast sizes. And armor/clothing that is not fitted to that larger cup size just looks silly, regardless if it is skimpy or not.

I mean, come on. Imagine a girl has a cup size of, say, Cup K, and once she puts on a set of armor, she suddenly drops down to Double C? Because the armor is made for that cup size and not the one she actually has?

At least for me, that is a deal killer.

I do not care about oh so many nice lingerie sets  or fetish gear for the player character. Not at all.

Though I must admit there certainly is some really nice stuff out there, for all the body types. But I am not looking to make my player character look good. I am looking to make all female NPCs (I got the guys covered) look good, with or without armor.

And that includes not switching cup sizes when getting naked.

I concur though that from a mesh standpoint, the UNP based bodies seem to be a bit better than the CBBE base. At least from what little I could see.

Basically, it really just comes down to personal preferences, I guess. And I prefer it when all armors fit the actual body shape for both player and NPC, and don't switch shape depending on what is worn (or if naked).

Understandable you dont just want your character to look good. In my own opinion vanilla armors are pointless if you have a body mod activated. As an extreme modder like my self i think of downloading converted armors is just waste of time. And also we are both wrong on the cleavage part, that award goes to Blessed By Dibella (Dont ask, just look it up). But for a normal looking body (Unlike BBD), cleavage of UNPB and 7b are fairly equal. Heres my conclusion

1. UNP. If you want normal realistic looking females i would go with UNP.

2. CBBE. More curvy retaining a fair amount of realism (also with skinny option).

3. 7b. A little more curvy than CBBE, maintain an average amount of body weight. But realism factor doesn't apply, but who cares?

4. UNPB. I'd say pretty similar to 7b.

5. BBD. BIG EVERYTHING!

These are just the major body mods i have seen and used. Mainly just my opinion.

Arguing about shape is a pointless endeavor, between body slide, variation of UNP based body, and skeleton plus Racemenu should be enough for user to fuss around with it enough to serve most needs.

Most of the popular body mods already have their skimpy vanilla replacer available, CBBE, UNP, UNPB, 7B what have you.

The interesting part comes from what technical features they have available to them

7B despite being the youngest of the four has wide range of hdt content including its vanilla replacer

CBBE also has it

I think UNPB does, not too sure about UNP.

For what it is worth 7bUNP release less than a year ago already have its hdt vanilla replacer with belly.

There's a trend of newer body mods tend to have all of their "tech" together that I feel like needs to be examine despite older mods will most certainly always have a higher base simply because they have been around longer.

CBBE wins with added value - everyone got their own tastes about curves/proportions and changing them+all armors is so easy with BS. WIth UNP&family you use what others have created and if you were to make changes - require knowledge, time and probably premium software (not just body but armors to fit it).

IF i were to categorize by preferences : UNP - young petite girls , CBBE - curvy women , 7B & UNPB - queens of plastic

Quality - most of it comes from fiting textures, light enhancements and good pose :3

I've tried, in this order, UNPB, 7Base, CBBE, 7Base Oppai, UNP, CBBE and finally back to UNP.

I think Bodyslide is just about one of the most fun mods for character creation.  I just can't get into CBBE even though I've tried it twice.  Something about the body model, the way it looks, the way it moves, it just looks incomplete.  The shapes and forms are too basic and maybe that comes from a lower poly body that I've read about.  I really want to like CBBE it just pales compared to the UNP variants.

Archived