I'm down with that as well.

The fact that it doesn't do that (or nearly that) is fucking stupid. There's too much crapola left over in the engine from the last session when you load a save.

If you're worried about players, put an INI setting to control it. I'm more than willing to change all my mods so that they require the setting be enabled.

Well, when you start the game and you are at the main menu, MenuMode is already working and  same for the hud components. Don't know for anything else. Except that the player takes some time before receiving its first (and last... -_-) skeleton

Did you quit first and try that from the main menu as the first thing?

I've tried "playerref.(anything)" like GetAV or any of the NX functions. All of them result in an error that the ref is no good.

If you just went back to the main menu after playing, that is too 'late'. Everything was loaded while you were playing and is still there, which is the problem.

no I didn't go back in main menu, I tried that as first thing when I loaded the game (I'm not playing right now, just making tries). However there could be something that tells that 14 >>> 7 even if they are not loaded, since it is the only ID which acts like an alias.

well "player.getAV Strength" for example works fine from the main menu on a clean start. "playerREF.getAV Strength" does not -- error.

So the players base form is probably in the EXE, while the ref is in the ESM. Lord only knows WTF prid is doing when you give it the 14.

Instead in console it works!!! It returns FIVE!!!!! :)

Try it on main menu, "14".getav strenght

By the way, 5 is the default value of Player as base ID.

BUT... if you try "7".getav strenght, it won't work because it expects a ref and not a base ID...

No I did mean actually closing down the engine and starting it over. During the loading phase there are so many memory structures created all over the memory than reverting them all properly would be next to impossible. In fact the engine does revert a lot itself while loading a different save, but only for forms that are officially marked as modified. So anything we modify that the engine should not be able to modify stays, and that's also true for anything the engine allows to modify but does not put into the save (like PlaceAtMe).

Oh dear.. I don't think I could live with it in that case. Starting up from scratch is a sloooow process even with just TTW active. Put smalltalk (rather than smallertalk) into the mix and it takes a millenia.

What's this about things marked modified? Can we expose a function for that, that scripts can call?

Don't get your hopes up. Each Form type can support from one to 32 possible data that the engine will remember when modified. The only one they all share is the "record flags". For every other that is implemented, what to remember and what to restore is hardcoded. It would be faster to rewrite the routine to save each form so it saves the entirety of the form than to mess this process.

I've been trying this out, and have a few observations.

It's causing some occasional delays when trying to draw a weapon, tabbing to look at the PipBoy

and at the beginning of sex animations (player only)

It might be causing a frame rate drop.

AJ's aaPFE.esp mod is being affected (the mod that allows one of four facial expressions to be triggered)

Basically, using PFE causes the character to become frozen in place, until the reset option is selected.

I have NX15, latest NVSE and Sexout 2.8.89

AJ's control system is working as described, I played with modifying the areas of the torso. Aesthetically

speaking, what look goods standing up doesn't translate so well when using poses or animations where

the ass is concerned; it tends to flatten and look rather slab-like.

I was able to mimic many of the popular body types, and create some that don't exist, which is really

impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops. Thanks to everyone for all their hard work :)

Panther, I should have another release out today. I've made some minor changes to the scripting, and AJ and I are aware of the 'lag' problem but haven't yet found a way to address it.

For one reason or another when the script is actively applying morphs to the player, some odd things happen. You can't run diagonally, jumping just moves the char up/down without showing the jump animation, pipboy/weapon animation problems, etc.

There's a 'safety check' in there before it decides to try the playidle and we're working on a list of things that it should check for. At present it's only checking that the player is in 3rd person, and that some other idle isn't already playing. Obviously that's not enough.

I would like to add that if a pose seems strange, there's no solution in that and also it's a pretty common issue in my opinion. If it's what I think, it's something I see also in skyrim and the only solution (which is obviously a paradox) would be making the pose using a body which is already morphed in a specific way, and tweak the pose until it shows well. However if you'll have a minute it wouldn't be bad to see a random screenshot.

The consequence that it freezes if you use a facial expression is very strange, I bet there's some weird incompatibility I can't think about right now ...

About the frame rate drop, if you noticed... I bet you had it always in the same zones, don't you?

1.0.4 in OP

- MCM debug mode option added. Enabling this will potentially be very spammy unless you adjust the intervals in MCM first!

- Some reordering of functionality in main effect script.

I have not added any more "ok to morph" checks yet, however, in my testing if you adjust the MCM values up towards the high end -- say 0.5s or longer, even 1s, the "interruptions" are basically elminiated. This comes at the cost of it taking longer for morph adjustments to show up on screen of course.