The randomizer shoots random values without common sense, it was intended for testing purpose and not to make variety among the NPCs. It's more a debug tool to put the mod under stress.

What do you mean you didn't succeed in trying the belly? what's the problem?

Hmm I must be doing something wrong, because I use the W & S key to select a body part and change it with the A & D keys but can't seem to select the Belly it self, I can adjust hips, waist arms, thighs etc, I there anyway of knowing which bone you currently have selected?

The two adjustment areas between the butt and the upper ribcage

make the center torso wider and longer; they don't cause any belly bulge

at all. When they're at the maximum settings, they could be used to

simulate other body changes caused by pregnancy, but there doesn't

seem to be any belly size adjustment.

The new arm adjustments are useful.

post-144391-0-84074700-1425881566_thumb.jpg

post-144391-0-77029500-1425881567_thumb.jpg

I there anyway of knowing which bone you currently have selected?

There are a couple of bones which cover the belly part, Spine and Spine1. These give you a general idea of how slim or fat you are. In the bodies around, the belly itself is not weighted to any bone, I don't think anyone has ever weighted a belly nor have introduced peculiar bones for it

post-165499-0-80773800-1425885330_thumb.jpg

The two adjustment areas between the butt and the upper ribcage

make the center torso wider and longer; they don't cause any belly bulge

at all. When they're at the maximum settings, they could be used to

simulate other body changes caused by pregnancy, but there doesn't

seem to be any belly size adjustment.

The new arm adjustments are useful.

Hmm, I'm not seeing that body picture in your interface top right corner for some reason. I just have a normal screen when I equip the BodyMorph item.

I must have screwed up installing something I guess, I'll start checking usual stuff, NVSE etc..

I there anyway of knowing which bone you currently have selected?

There are a couple of bones which cover the belly part, Spine and Spine1. These give you a general idea of how slim or fat you are. In the bodies around, the belly itself is not weighted to any bone, I don't think anyone has ever weighted a belly nor have introduced peculiar bones for it.

Ah ok, can't do anything with it as far as Pregnant belly's go yet :)

It's exactly like in Skyrim, you need a weighted body for it. If you have a proper weighted body, I'll be glad to add you extra bones and commands, it's pretty easy and fast for me.

It's exactly like in Skyrim, you need a weighted body for it. If you have a proper weighted body, I'll be glad to add you extra bones and commands, it's pretty easy and fast for me.

Cool, it'll wait then till someone with those skills creates a body, I'll look into lactation modifying boobs next instead :)

So happy about the new update, I immediately downloaded, uninstalled my previous version (1.5), and installed version 1.7...

...and my modification all seem to have disappeared. The character shifted slightly as i scaled the value to the new '0' standard, but after that nothing seems to change. Does my body morph plugin also need to be updated? I can't seem to find it here on LL. Or should I have simply installed 1.7 over my old install?

Or do I need to do a clean save, remove some xml files, and then reinstall?

So happy about the new update, I immediately downloaded, uninstalled my previous version (1.5), and installed version 1.7...

...and my modification all seem to have disappeared. The character shifted slightly as i scaled the value to the new '0' standard, but after that nothing seems to change. Does my body morph plugin also need to be updated? I can't seem to find it here on LL. Or should I have simply installed 1.7 over my old install?

Or do I need to do a clean save, remove some xml files, and then reinstall?

If you make a clean save, you lose all the changes usually. But in my opinion it's not a bad idea, since it doesn't require a long time to redo the modifies on the body. The actual 1.07 should be the last one which made big changes.

The plugin is another thing. You can find it on the second post of this thread, always. The last version is 1.5. It doesn't follow the same "rules" than the framework, it doesn't save your body state or what, so if you always make a clean save it should be good.

I actually did disable both mods, loaded the game, and made a new save, then reloaded the game with the mods activated, and it seemed to resolve the issue. I still had non-zero values, and my character looked ludicrous, but everything worked perfectly from that point forward.

My thanks again for this fantastic mod.

Is there any chance that there could be some new implementation which allowed the targeted changing of an NPC, similar to SetBody in Oblivion?

Could this be extended to include a-symetrical changes to ghouls or supermutants(not sure if they use a seperate beast skeleton or not) or other mutated species?

you did good, a clean save is always a nice choice

about new features

- a-symetry is possible, but we decided to avoid it from the begin. It's pretty much aimed to aesthetic more than unaesthetic

- about targeting, it's pretty easy to do. But it requires that someone scripts it ;) Bodymorph is supposed to be a framework, it expects modders use it with other plugins (like the plugin of the second post). I guess if noone else wants to do that, I'll do it in the next future.

Awesome.

Been fiddling around with the plugin's scripts for a while now.

Is there any chance of increasing the possible maximum size in the future?

And by the way, how do you invoke UDFs to morph NPCs via console? I'm trying "call fnBoMoScaleUp Player Hands" but it returns "Expected user function" or "Error line1" or something. What am I missing?

I hope so. I would like to introduce more steps up and down, but I'll ask Prideslayer what he wants to do.

It would require some feedback, something like "Pelvis' too small at max value, Penis too big at smallest value" etc.etc. some opinions. Because for now I only chosed them following my nose and copy pasting values.

Yes the way to call it is right...

Call bomoScaleUp PlayerREF Calves

... but of course it expects you to buildref it, since it's not a ESM and it has no dependency:

Let bomoModIndex := GetModIndex "BodyMorph.esp"
Let bomoScaleUp := BuildRef bomoModIndex 2800

EDIT I didn't read "VIA CONSOLE", damn me

I have yet to find any way to invoke UDFs via console, and I've asked a few times and nobody else has been able to suggest a way to do it either. When I need to test that sort of stuff, I usually make a simple quest script to call the UDF and have it just watching some NX variable. I set the NX variable to 1 in the console, the quest script runs the UDF and sets the NX var back to 0. You can use a quest var if you're more comfortable with that than NX.

I'm all for more sizes, and granularity between them. Another 'tough' spot we have is that right now all the idle record generation and stuff is automated on my end via an fnvedit script. Adding a bigger size to one bones means making it available for all of them -- and some just do not look right at all at max sizes that others work fine with.

I haven't thought much about how to deal with that.

Yeah that's the only way I'm aware of. In the console calling them by name, calling them by refid with and without quotes.. none of that works.

I think the problem is that 'call' only takes a ref. Maybe we need is a con_call in NVSE that can take a hex string (or normal string -- or both! If it's valid hex, assume it's hex, otherwise look for name) to make it work.

Would it be possible to trim an excessive scaling bone by running and if/then check?

Again, my only scripting experience is with Javascript, so I am very likely not right but....

...in JS, I would frequently check a variable value, and if that value was out of range, I would add some arbitrary ammount to move it back into a useable range.

var armLength;

if(armLength>10){

armLength=armlength - 3;

}

else if(armLength<(-10)){

armLength=armLength + 3;

}

else{armLength=armLength;}

Something roughly like that.It would be a very crude workaround, but maybe?...

or perhaps something like this (where max arm length should be a 7, but has a range of 10):

var armLength;

if(armLength>7){

var trim = .3(armLength + 10);

armLength = armLength - trim;

}

Heh if only it were that easy.. I already do that.

The "issue" is that the raw scales aren't really known by bodymorph, since it can't control them. It plays animations (morphs) on the actor, and the animation files themselves have the actual bone scales in them.

So we may have 5 scales that are allowed, from -2..+2 for example. This range is 'hard coded' and used for every bone. AJ makes all those morph files. That range is all that bodymorph actually tracks, so for the smallest pelvis size, it's just storing something like "pelvis = -2". 0 is the neutral/default size, a scale of 1.0.

I have an fnvedit script that auto-generates all the IDLE records in the geck, as well as a list of bones. It's just one loop inside another making records. What this means is that right now, there must be the same number of morphs (5, in this example) for every bone. If there's just one bone that we want to allow a larger size on, say changing it from a max scale of 1.1 to 1.2, there are 3 ways to go about it.

The easy-but-ugly way, the harder-for-AJ way, and the harder-for-pride way.

Easy but ugly:

We keep the # of sizes for each bone fixed at 5, and just increase the distance between them for that one bone. This requires only that AJ create the new morphs for that bone, and I run the script and put the new files in the download. It's "ugly" because it means you lose granularity. The step from 0->1 will be bigger for this bone than it is for any others, in order to keep +2 as the maximum offset.

Tougher for AJ:

We increase the number of steps for all bones. We can go from -2..+2 to -4..+4 for example. All the bones we don't want to touch will get even finer control over their size (the scale size between steps decreases for them) while the one we're trying to change keeps it's old step size, but gets double the number of steps. The result is that one bone can now get twice as large or small as it was before.

This requires AJ to recreate every single morph file, a task I wouldn't ask for in 100 years. It's easier for me because my end is automated and so, I don't have to do anything except get the files, adjust the constants in my fnvedit script, and run it again.

Tougher for me:

I change the fnvedit script so that it can now accept a different number of steps for every bone, rather than requiring every bone have the same number of steps as every other. This would allow pelvis to change from -4..+4 but leave everyone else at -2..+2. I would have to make similar changes in the script inside the ESP.

This is much easier for AJ since now only the morphs for the one bone we want to change need to be created. It's something I haven't actually contemplated doing in the fnvedit and geck scripts yet though, and knowing me, would have a fair number of errors in the first 3-4 versions. ;)

Ok, playing devils advocate here then... for the transformations that you do not want to upsize steps for, but still maintain the rapid simplicity of development, can you simply duplicate the uses of those bone transformations? So scaling from 4 to 5 for some bones will simply duplicate the use of the transformation from 4, possibly just renamed. This could allow the morph to assume that it is applying a change, when that change will have no difference from the previous transformation, and not require additional work by A.J.?*

Again, maybe it is a cheap fix, but it seems preferrable for rapid development. Those additional steps could always be factored in at a later date.

*at least not immediate work to resize all bones immediately that is. Could allow the aforementioned granularity of changes to be worked in over a period of several releases, rather than all at once.

That wouldn't work out of the box, bodymorph code would still have to change to know which ones are doubled up like that, so that calling scaleup/scaledown would actually work every time -- not just every other time -- by skipping 'duplicates'.

I think eventually I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just rewrite the fnvedit script and the script in bodymorph that does the lookups, but I just have too much on my plate right now. You're welcome to take a crack at it though, if you have time and drunken code doesn't put you off. ;)

I would love to if I had the chops, but other than taking an old introduction to python class years ago, I really have no experience with the use and context of the scripting language. I may try cracking it open and see what sense I can make of it, but I am not a modder.

I pretty much just make re-textures and play a little with models.

Drunken code couldn't possibly be any worse than my repetitious and poorly notated stoner code is to make sense of, could it?

Drunken code couldn't possibly be any worse than my repetitious and poorly notated stoner code is to make sense of, could it?

Ever seen Verilog?

I jusst looked it up, new to me, but looks like it doesn't have too much heavy context use, which might make it easier to learn, but to me makes it seem very foreign and a little hard to understand. I felt that way about python too. JS, PHP, XML, CSS and HTML are all much easier to me because they are laid out in a more formulaic context.

I should just stop being lazy and learn it.

I can't follow both of you, I guess it's not my subject... but coming back to my subject, if I have to do new files I'll do them, no problems. In my opinion it doesn't require a smaller step than the actual 0.05, sometimes I find it hard to notice if it morphed of 1 step or not. I more think it could be nice adding +-4 steps, or maybe just +4 since the lower values are already unaestetic

I downloaded this mod, but I can't seem to get it to work. When I open up the menu, I press A/D to try and change the limits but nothing happens. All the values are stuck at zero... I'm having this issue with both male and female bodies. I've also tried a clean save, and that didn't do anything. I've even tried downloading the skeleton separately, but again, that didn't work. Is there anything I'm missing? Do I have to have sexout or something? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I'm also currently using Robert's and Type3 body replacers. Could these be the culprits?

Edited by WhyDoYouAsk

no you don't need anything like sexout or what, you only need BodyMorph + BodyMorph Plugin active on the load order.

- Did you replace your skeleton with the one included in the package?

- If you press A or D, and the number sticks to 0, it means the bodymorph functions are not called. Do you have an updated NVSE?

The bodies are not influent. Any body will work, some bodies won't morph in every part (i.e. if you use a type3 which is not BnB, you won't be able to morph breast, but the rest will work. Same for robert, if it has not a weighted penis, it won't morph the penis, but the rest will work)