Maybe it's just me, but having [More Dialogues] is kinda immersion breaking.  I wish you had just put in several start points in the quest player dialogue based on the subject.  Or had included the script sources so I could tweak it myself.

Maybe it's just me, but having [More Dialogues] is kinda immersion breaking.  I wish you had just put in several start points in the quest player dialogue based on the subject.  Or had included the script sources so I could tweak it myself.

The script sources are included.

The point of the mod as it is designed IS to give options to all eligible NPCs.

Giving these options to NPCs based on quest conditions could be the subject of another mod.

Giving these options to NPCs based on quest conditions could be the subject of another mod.

Yeah I just saw that and came back to correct myself on that.

I get that it isn't necessarily in the scope of your mod and I respect that, I do wish it were worked in more immersively.  For example, the [More Dialogue] branch does have to exist, but you could make entries for Master, Mistress, etc, so that when my character approaches the master she doesn't say [More Dialogue] > (...), she says "Master..." and he says "Hmm?" or something, and you can silent continue into the next topic.

Anyways, now that I found the script sources I'm going to basically do just that for myself.

Yeah I just saw that and came back to correct myself on that.

I get that it isn't necessarily in the scope of your mod and I respect that, I do wish it were worked in more immersively.  For example, the [More Dialogue] branch does have to exist, but you could make entries for Master, Mistress, etc, so that when my character approaches the master she doesn't say [More Dialogue] > (...), she says "Master..." and he says "Hmm?" or something, and you can silent continue into the next topic.

Anyways, now that I found the script sources I'm going to basically do just that for myself.

If you find a good solution, I am interested.

I tried to detect which NPC the player talks to dynamically, but that ended up with a confusing reordering of dialogue options as you start talking.

My problem is that I don't have a good way to detect who I am talking to before the dialogues kick in ... which is why I had to add a top level topic like [More dialogues].

Maybe my idea won't work exactly as I said if that's the case, but have you considered setting up a few factions and hinging the dialogue on that?  You could set up a master faction, a sub faction, and then have a default path if neither is true.  Then set up some type of scanner to add people around into the appropriate factions.

I was a little surprised that SD+ didn't add the master to a faction so that it could be used easily adding dialogue onto to that npc.

Maybe my idea won't work exactly as I said if that's the case, but have you considered setting up a few factions and hinging the dialogue on that?  You could set up a master faction, a sub faction, and then have a default path if neither is true.  Then set up some type of scanner to add people around into the appropriate factions.

I was a little surprised that SD+ didn't add the master to a faction so that it could be used easily adding dialogue onto to that npc.

That wouldn't work that easily in this case since the faction would be defined in one mod and used in the other.

Without an esm tying the two, using that faction in diaogue conditions is tricky.

One way around that was to use StorageUtil variables ... but they are not directly useable in topic conditions either.

That's why I need a top level to set the proper local variables for a given NPC.

IMHO, you should make factions for your mod (in an esm, or make your entire mod an esm), and then use them in your mod.  If you are trying to make a framework, that would be a framework, and it would make it easier for other mods to plug into it.  And leave it up to the mods plugging in to assign npcs in and out of your factions.  You could also do some simple faction assigning on the top level of your dialogue (if the player is wearing a collar, assume submissive, if the npc is wearing a collar, assume dominant). 

Just my two cents though.

Guest marieruth

I'm having a bit of trouble with the blacksmith quest. I have linen, leather, and a bunch of snowberries in order to make the blacksmith apron. Everytime I talk to Alvor, I don't see a dialogue option to give him the items, and the only other option I have is the "I have an apron," but it's an apron I looted so he doesn't accept it. I've checked multiple times at the forge to see if there was a recipe or anything that I could use to create the blacksmith apron, but nothing is their besides the rags and such on the tanning rack. Do I have to give him the required items through the gift dialogue option?

Also, whenever I beg for gold of another NPC, and they respond with trading sex for the gold they give. The animations never play after my character collapses to the ground when I click on submit, and if I resist, my character remains collapsed until I hit space to jump.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the blacksmith quest. I have linen, leather, and a bunch of snowberries in order to make the blacksmith apron. Everytime I talk to Alvor, I don't see a dialogue option to give him the items, and the only other option I have is the "I have an apron," but it's an apron I looted so he doesn't accept it. I've checked multiple times at the forge to see if there was a recipe or anything that I could use to create the blacksmith apron, but nothing is their besides the rags and such on the tanning rack. Do I have to give him the required items through the gift dialogue option?

Also, whenever I beg for gold of another NPC, and they respond with trading sex for the gold they give. The animations never play after my character collapses to the ground when I click on submit, and if I resist, my character remains collapsed until I hit space to jump.

Just throw it on the ground, talk with Alvor, then pick it up again.

Version 1.9 is up with these changes:

- Added: Solution to the death of key master smiths in Blacksmith quest

:: Talk to any blacksmith about your skills. If you produce enough weapons and armors, they will send you to the next available master.

- Added option to disable Dialogues completely

:: Console variable only for now ( use 'set _SLD_ControllerDialogueON to 0' in the console to disable )

- Fixed: Added player to proper lock lists as guest to selected blacksmith homes

:: This is to prevent the 'You need to leave' warning

- Fixed: Quest stage issues in Blacksmith quest

:: Firewood and ore with Alvor

:: Dwemer and orc weapons with Ghorza gra-Bagol

:: Disable tutorial from Alvor if already started from Adrienna (and vice versa)

:: Many fixes with Eorlund

:: Issue with Eorlund and Ghostblade dialogues

Will try the new version, on the previous version i'd got up to Eorlund and his make 30 weapons and armor but then it wasn't progressing after i'd make 30 weapons and armor and improved them, did think it might be due to the companions quest line so i did that but even though i have wulfgur now i still have in the journal help the companions re-make wulfgur and make 30 weapons and armor if i talk to Eorlund

Sorry for bother with an issue with Eorlund because I don't know if it due, mainly, the lunar spell.

Eorlund asked for a lunar iron mace so I disenchanted a lunar weapon and enchanted an iron mace but the dialog about I made the lunar mace doesn't appear.

Do I need an already available mod to fix the lunar forge work or it is enough with the lunar spell?

Sorry for bother with an issue with Eorlund because I don't know if it due, mainly, the lunar spell.

Eorlund asked for a lunar iron mace so I disenchanted a lunar weapon and enchanted an iron mace but the dialog about I made the lunar mace doesn't appear.

Do I need an already available mod to fix the lunar forge work or it is enough with the lunar spell?

I did not test the spell yet.

As a safety, I manually added a lunar mace in the final room in the ruins under the lunar forge (the room with a ladder going up).

• 2 weeks later...

I think this mod is incompatible with some way with Death alternative -- Captured. With DA--Captured on I cant access the dialogues with the owner in Sanguine's debauchery. When i deactivate it, the dialogues are working well. Any reason why? And is there a possibility on compatibility? 

Two possibilties:

1- When DA Captured is on, you are enslaved by DA Captured scenarios... which means your enslavement has nothing to do with SD. That would explain why you are not seeing the dialogues with your owner.

2- DA Captured scenario creates dialogues of its own with higher priority than the ones from SD.

Where did you try getting enslaved when you had DA Captured on?

I even disabled the specific scenarios from Captured on the MCM menu. Enslavement works fine but the dialogues dont pop up, instead its just the owner saying "What do you want now?" I spawned a bandit chief and got enslaved by him and tried a random bandit as well, dialogues don't show. 

Something else is going on here... I have both Dialogues, SD and DA - Captured in my load order and I can get enslaved just fine.

I tried fiddling with the load order too, I tried DA Captured above Dialogues and SD and below but still no dice. I'm sure its DA Captured which is the culprit because Ive unticked and ticked each plugin manually to see what was causing dialogues to not function. Ill try and reproduce a papyrus log now, h opefully itll provide more info :s

I can confirm that DA Captured is having some compatibility issues with dialogues. Disabling the

daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp, which is the DA captured esp, fixed it.

I am having the exact same issue in that getting enslaved works fine, but trying to talk to your owner or any hostiles just result in a "What? What do you want now?" generic response, not even a dialogue menu.

Like, even if you don't get enslaved and just used a pacify spell on a bandit and talk to him will result in "What? What do you want now?", and after disabling the daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp, reloading and talking to that exact pacified bandit will show up all the dialogue options from the sexlab dialogue mod and every other mod that allows you to talk to NPCs that have no dialogue otherwise.

So yeah, whatever DA captured did to hostile NPCs overrides every other dialogue mod.

The blacksmith apprentice in Whiterun is from Inconsequential NPCs. She only tells me to speak to Adrienne or her husband. 

What kind of dialogue are you expecting from her?

As for the drunk mage in the Bannered Mare, do you mean Arghus (male) or Eldawyn (female)? They both work fine for me.

Arghus is the mage that lacks thier dialogue options

Which dialogue options are missing?

He looks fine to me. When I talk to him the first time, he gives me his unique 3DNPC dialogue and I don't see anything weird with his dialogue after that.

which is wierd because i get none of the 3dnpc dialogue

Arghus also absolutely works, it's just that you can't engage him in dialogue the first time you meet him in the bannered mare. Let me explain.

It's tricky to understand but that's his vanilla 3DNPC behavior, you talk to him and you get the usual 3 answers from 3DNPC, then he will get up and keep talking via a scene trigger, not a dialogue, and leave the bannered mare. You can look him up later wherever he may go and you can actually engage in his 3DNPC dialogue.

The only reason you can even seemingly engage him in dialogue inside the Bannered Mare that first time is because SLDialogues allow you to talk to NPC that would have no dialogue options at all, like the Apprentice Blacksmith in Whiterun for example.

Small update v1.9a to bring Dialogues in line with the latest version of SD+ (coming up next):

- Added: Tanning racks now include torch recipes from bloody rags or linen piles or sack cloth

- Fixed: Reduce frequency of some comments while wearing a collar

Experiencing a bug I can't get around.

The global variable  _SLD_PCsubslavery is constantly resetting towards 0 in my game. I tried to deal with it using the minimum and maximum slavery levels in the SD+ MCM menu, but no dice. Even if I set the minimum _SLD_PCsubslavery level to say, 3, the game will keep pushing me to 0, usually after a sex animation. Using the set _sld_pcsubslavery doesnt work either, since it'll just reset back to 0 soon enough.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not using the resist option at all in response to SD+'s coveted effect, nor to the sub-triggered "On your knees dog!" events. A bit confused. Maybe an issue caused due to continual upgrades of both SD+ and SLD (since early March) as they come out?

Ok I have been playing around with this testing it and just to be clear. All this adds is a few lines of dialogue choices but doesn't actually do anything else right? I did the one with the black smith but nothing more happened. If this is the case that all the mod does is add those dialogue then it seems to be working fine.

I have been testing mods a bit lately so thought I would test this one.

Did you go into the FNIS sexy moves MCM and check the NPC assignment dialog checkbox? After you do that it should show as a "Sexy moves" dialog option. I have both and they work fine with each other.

Did you go into the FNIS sexy moves MCM and check the NPC assignment dialog checkbox? After you do that it should show as a "Sexy moves" dialog option. I have both and they work fine with each other.

Doh! Should have known, I started a new game and forgot to do it on this one.  :P

I have a problem about Blacksmith Quest. When I went to Adrian Avenicci, she told me to do something in forge, and I did it. After I told her I had done it, she said OK then go to the Riverwood. However the quest mark in my journal didn't advance :( I told her 3 times, and she told me the same thing, but the quest didn't advance. What should I do?

+) Whenever I suggested sex to NPC, the sex scene didn't end. They did it eternally. I should exit the game all the time. What would be the problem?