Looking through FNVEdit, finding the EditorID of the Legionary that approached my PC in Nelson, an NPC added by Legion Reloaded called Legionary Advanced Scout, apparently had the template for Legionary Explorer, which itself had the template of FortLegionaryVeteranAAM, which as the name implies was included in the Fort faction.

I also manually inserted the followers from Legion Commander into the Cottonwood Cove faction using FNVEdit, and they started initiating Tryout dialogue. I've attached the file because why not. [ Edit: Removed ]

Aside from differentiating dialogue between Cottonwood Cove and the Fort NPCs, is there a reason why only Legionaries from either faction can initiate Tryout dialogue with the player, excluding other NPCs?

Edited by Muckman
8 hours ago, AndarielHalo said:

it keeps triggering improperly,  such as when I untie a prisoner, they'll just talk to me 3 seconds later.  Also it makes it more of a hassle talking to unnamed NPCs to see if any has specific dialogue for me.  Also such things like if I'm walking up to a traveling merchant and accidentally tap their Mercenary bodyguard, then i get slowed down by that

These two settings help fix/alleviate those particular issues:
image.png

On 5/19/2021 at 5:02 AM, Muckman said:

EDIT2: After a clean install, I used NVSE version 5.1b4. No longer had this problem. I believe my original hunch has been confirmed. It's disappointing that I'll have to use an inferior version of NVSE. Shifting from the most recent to the earlier version has really shown how much improvement the upgrade to v6 has been to game performance.

I'd suggest you report that problem to NVSE6, as it is breaking compatibility with existing mods. I would add the argument that since the NV modding scene is relatively old, breakages will insert a schism for relatively no good reason: old and unmaintained mods are still working correctly.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:27 AM, Muckman said:

EDIT3: After downloading Resistance Overhaul, suspecting that it modified Legionaries outside of Cottonwood to be able to initiate dialogue, my suspicion was confirmed when Nelson Legionaries modified to be part of the Cottonwood Cove faction in FNVEdit would successfully initiate Tryout dialogue.
I think that my hunch that this is WAI was correct. If I want to have Legionaries successfully approach the PC, they would have to be in the right faction.
Is it scripted to allow for Legionaries outside of Cottonwood and the Fort to ever approach the PC, like do I have to finish a quest or talk to an NPC or something, or would I have to manually edit the faction data of every Legionary to allow for Tryout dialogue?

I don't believe there is a secret quest, it was probably designed that way in order to not fuck with the player early on. The legion is kind of everywhere on the way to vegas, and it doesn't make sense for an invading army's solider to detach themselves from their groups because their balls are tingling.

12 hours ago, bicobus said:

I don't believe there is a secret quest, it was probably designed that way in order to not fuck with the player early on. The legion is kind of everywhere on the way to vegas, and it doesn't make sense for an invading army's solider to detach themselves from their groups because their balls are tingling.

It would break things and often lead to sex when roaming Legion would enter combat with roaming NCR.

I'm in Big MT and found X-69 and the special outfits there.  But there's also a locked door there that needs a key.  Where is the key?  Also apparently there's supposed to be a quest attached to this, but no such quest has triggered and I'm almost completely done with Big MT.

On 6/21/2021 at 4:49 AM, AndarielHalo said:

I'm in Big MT and found X-69 and the special outfits there.  But there's also a locked door there that needs a key.  Where is the key?  Also apparently there's supposed to be a quest attached to this, but no such quest has triggered and I'm almost completely done with Big MT.

I don't remember needing a key. Just a straightforward repeated testing of the outfit.

• 2 weeks later...

I had problems at the fort at the entrance. The items to be removed still stay in players inventory.

scn NVCCPlayerStorageScript

Ref Companion1
Ref Companion2
Ref Companion3
Ref Companion4
Ref Companion5
Ref Companion6
Ref Companion7
Ref Companion8

; Make the Legion go hostile since the player is trying to take his weapons back
begin OnOpen

FortLegionaryEntranceGreeterRef.AddToFaction VCaesarsLegionSnifferFaction 1
    SetPCEnemyOfFaction VCaesarsLegionFaction 1
    SetStage VMQ02 110

Set Companion1 to TryoutGirlGetterQuest.Companion1
Set Companion2 to TryoutGirlGetterQuest.Companion2
Set Companion3 to TryoutGirlGetterQuest.Companion3
Set Companion4 to TryoutGirlGetterQuest.Companion4
Set Companion5 to TryoutGirlGetterQuest.Companion5
Set Companion6 to TryoutGirlGetterQuest.Companion6
Set Companion7 to TryoutGirlGetterQuest.Companion7
Set Companion8 to TryoutGirlGetterQuest.Companion8

Companion1Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion1 0 24
Companion1Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion1 0 40
Companion1Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion1 0 41

Companion2Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion2 0 24
Companion2Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion2 0 40
Companion2Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion2 0 41

Companion3Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion3 0 24
Companion3Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion3 0 40
Companion3Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion3 0 41

Companion4Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion4 0 24
Companion4Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion4 0 40
Companion4Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion4 0 41

Companion5Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion5 0 24
Companion5Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion5 0 40
Companion5Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion5 0 41

Companion6Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion6 0 24
Companion6Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion6 0 40
Companion6Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion6 0 41

Companion7Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion7 0 24
Companion7Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion7 0 40
Companion7Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion7 0 41

end.

I assume either the RemoveallTypedItems function itself is buggy or the function requires an empty excemption list as last parameter.

I had the same problem in 2 scripts from msex veronica. In that mod i simply use Removeallitems instead and the scripts are running to the end.

I tried a new game for testing and I have the latest NVSE installed.

I do not know much about your mod, but isn't it necessary to remove the items from the player too ? or is the playerref stored in one of the companions ?

Regards

Edited by Guest
15 minutes ago, Adetu said:

I tried a new game for testing and I have the latest NVSE installed.

That's your problem. The latest NVSE overwrites some functions a lot of Sexout mods use. Use the version of NVSE from the silverlock.org site instead.

24 minutes ago, Loogie said:

That's your problem. The latest NVSE overwrites some functions a lot of Sexout mods use. Use the version of NVSE from the silverlock.org site instead.

That is too easy. Are you not maintaining your mod anymore ?

Of coarse it is not a real problem for me to fix this by myself simply using an UDF from my oblivion mod, but than it is only fixed for my game - not for others.

My idea with the empty excemption list does not help, on the other side I am doubting if your function calls are correct, since if you can trust the wiki one parameter is missing.

(Either Retain ownership or Suppress Messages)

Just have a look here

grafik.png.371d3f7471c815c369ebc558f3899d0f.png

or here

grafik.png.9c98f79a51ab858a7223f5ba0e70d749.png

Edited by Guest

Last but least, this function seems never verified to be correct.

I guess the inventory items from the companions should be transfered into a container. Than I would expect the call look like this for removing

the items of companion1 into container companion1things. Anyway with a bugged removealltypeditems function it makes no difference (Also not working)

Companion1.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion1Things 1 1 24

Forgot to say: REMOVEALLTYPEDITEMS is not part of NVSE as i assumed first !

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, Adetu said:

That's not what being said here. xNVSE is breaking compatibility with what we could consider legacy mods, content that will most likely never be updated due to the authors going AWOL. There is no good reason to break compatibility in such a way, and there are plenty of alternatives to implement new behavior. For example, the new developers of xNVSE could introduce a new API by prepending breaking functions with a 'x'.

Consider that plenty of people continue to use NVSE proper, and an update to match the breaking API would force those individuals to upgrade as well as facing buggy behavior with mods that previously worked properly.

The question isn't: why don't you upgrade your mod? But instead: how do we upgrade all the mods?

Anyhow, and as you pointed out in your last post, the question is moot for this problem.

Edited by bicobus
26 minutes ago, bicobus said:

That's not what being said here. xNVSE is breaking compatibility with what we could consider legacy mods, content that will most likely never be updated due to the authors going AWOL. There is no good reason to break compatibility in such a way, and there are plenty of alternatives to implement new behavior. For example, the new developers of xNVSE could introduce a new API by prepending breaking functions with a 'x'.

Consider that plenty of people continue to use NVSE proper, and an update to match the breaking API would force those individuals to upgrade as well as facing buggy behavior with mods that previously worked properly.

The question isn't: why don't you upgrade your mod? But instead: how do we upgrade all the mods?

Anyhow, and as you pointed out in your last post, the question is moot for this problem.

The one thing I do not understand is: Exact the same error with MSEX Veronica I had three years ago on my old installation on my computer. Only at that time I do not make yet scripts for the older Bethesda game. Therefore that time I simply accept it as a bug of this mod.

In my company i was always a dreaded beta tester who found many more bugs than others.

The bug with Msex-Veronica happened when you want to finish "Real slavery" - Left somewhere in wilderness does nothing at all (3 Years ago)

I recommend somebody else with a different installation should check it too.

So far the good news is I've searched the game files with Grep, and Bethesda self uses it.

grafik.png.bc3aabc42fff508945fd1d01700df8e4.png

Here are some of the usages found in FalloutNV.esm and I definetely know that it works when the player wants to enter the weapon dealors in "Silverrush..."

grafik.png.8b8be1fb220bcbd97dbf7273c3ba74f9.png

Maybe the point is, Bethesda always uses 0 for the Suppress Messaged parameter whenever the itemtype is set. (Nevertheless no notifications are shown)

I remember that in msex veronica at this point alwasy the parameter 1 is used what does match the description.

grafik.png.f8fb345863637d077275217b2cdf3f7f.png

If this will make the critical difference I will check tomorrow. Independent of this the Tryout script never can work in the actual state.

I don't know what it is about. But based by what you wrote in the previous posts: on the script, check the latest dozen lines, shouldn't the type be actually the third parameter and not the second?

6 hours ago, Adetu said:

In my company i was always a dreaded beta tester who found many more bugs than others.

In the documentation of the function, it is stated:

Failing to specify a type code or specifying 0 for type code may result in the function removing all items from the specified actor's inventory, but may also result in the function doing nothing.

Your companion retaining their inventories is then WAD. However I do agree that the way Tryout uses the function seems suspect. There is a missing argument (the silenced one) in the call.

Edited by bicobus
23 hours ago, Adetu said:

The problem is the new NVSE doesn't like the let command in Prideslayer's script extender. I use the array filled using the let command to assign the companion refs. I tuned out everything you said after that because I don't like your condescending tone.

Edited by Loogie
2 hours ago, Loogie said:

The problem is the new NVSE doesn't like the let command in Prideslayer's script extender. I use the array filled using the let command to assign the companion refs. I tuned out everything you said after that because I don't like your condescending tone.

Ok, for me that's it making mods for Loverslab. For me one contributor seem as bad as the other.

Edited by Guest
22 hours ago, Adetu said:

Ok, for me that's it making mods for Loverslab. For me one contributor seem as bad as the other.

I find it odd you're getting defensive after being called for talking down to someone.

If you have constructive feedback, or there's a bug in my code, I welcome being told about it. If you start out borderline accusing me of breaking your game on purpose, don't be shocked if I'm not receptive.

Edited by Loogie
6 hours ago, Adetu said:

You've been unpleasant in every single interaction with a contributor or someone else, even after I asked you to chill. Cooler heads like AJ and Bicobus ignored it and still you lump them together as being bad. There is a common denominator here and it's not the contributors unfortunately. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

5 hours ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

You've been unpleasant in every single interaction with a contributor or someone else, even after I asked you to chill. Cooler heads like AJ and Bicobus ignored it and still you lump them together as being bad. There is a common denominator here and it's not the contributors unfortunately. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

My statement only applies to people who feel addressed, but this really leads to nothing. Ok Bicobus surely is an excemption,

I will not respond to further messages of you and my experience in lifetime is that bad wishes will always return to the sender.

Edited by Guest
9 hours ago, Loogie said:

I find it out you're getting defensive after being called for talking down to someone.

If you have constructive feedback, or there's a bug in my code, I welcome being told about it. If you start out borderline accusing me of breaking your game on purpose, don't be shocked if I'm not receptive.

This leads to nothing, and I will not respond to further posts.

So this is more an information for @Bicobus.

Regarding the function Removealltypeditems, during my test every combination nearly works as expected only the suppress messages seems to be without effect.

A message never shows up. If you dont deliver a typecode, averything was removed as described in Wiki and Bicobus mentioned too.

Since I was already doubting what happened, I reload the original unchanged mod from Loverslab and test it again. And the Bug that stops execution of the calling script appears again.

I can only estimate that Bethesda on some Gameupdate changed the implementation of this function, and therefore all existing binaries using that function does not work anymore if the code-snipped using the function is not newly recompiled with the geck.

I'have tested this with MSex-Veronica. If that also has effect in your mod I do not know at the moment, I've not yet made further testing or investigation with your mod.

You can simply load the esm of your mod with Notepad++, or any other editor supporting binaries and search for the function Removealltypeditems and check if  the calling code matches the Wiki. If the code does not match the Wiki, than this part is already suspicious.

5 hours ago, Adetu said:

And the Bug that stops execution of the calling script appears again.

Usually these scripts stop execution when there's a problem on the script itself

5 hours ago, Adetu said:

I'have tested this with MSex-Veronica

I just tested the function with this simple snippet and it works as intended:

Scn aaaQS

int bDoOnce

Begin GameMode

if bDoOnce
    else
        If Player.GetInCell aaaTest
            Let bDoOnce := 1
            player.RemoveAllTypedItems aaaFootLockerREF 1 0 24
            Print "Removed armors"
        endif
    endif

End

If you need help to debug your script you can post it eventually.

You can simply load the esm of your mod with Notepad++, or any other editor supporting binaries

GECK already has a very useful search function on the Edit menu

Edited by A.J.
3 hours ago, A.J. said:

Usually these scripts stop execution when there's a problem on the script itself

I just tested the function with this simple snippet and it works as intended:

Scn aaaQS

int bDoOnce

Begin GameMode

if bDoOnce
    else
        If Player.GetInCell aaaTest
            Let bDoOnce := 1
            player.RemoveAllTypedItems aaaFootLockerREF 1 0 24
            Print "Removed armors"
        endif
    endif

End

If you need help to debug your script you can post it eventually.

GECK already has a very useful search function on the Edit menu

I am familiar with the find function, but I have never used it to find function calls. (In my own mods I approximately know where to find the desired scripting snippet)

Good to know that it will works inside of scripts also. Must test this :)

Ok, your example was not the function that I have checked in Msex Veronica. Indeed if you want to recheck please use the original mod either from Galgat or Maeva (?)

Then make Veronica a follower. Become submissive, after that become a real slave. Making a save at that point can be helpful.

Talk to Veronica to finish slavery and choose the option to be left somewhere in the wilderness.

In my test with the original it takes a few seconds afterwards the response is gone, and the player is still in the same place with all items in inventory !

(With choosing the other option "Whore out at the strip" the difference is not so easy to see).

After thinking again, I guess it also could be possible that not "Removealltypeditems" is the real underlying problem instead one of the other functions could be a reason too.

Only the wrong usage of "Removealltypeditems" from Loogie at least in the first function I had a look at in Sexout-Tryout lead me to a conclusion that maybe

is not the real solution of the problem.

And consider: After I've only had recompiled the script and save the changes the bug was gone ! The responsible scipt(s) is embedded in one of the dialog topics

in the mainquest "msexVeronica". The DialogueTopic is named something like ....Left.    ( I do not have Geck open at the moment)

10 hours ago, Adetu said:

This leads to nothing, and I will not respond to further posts.

Here's a reductionist question for you - why, if the script snippet you show is broken, has it always worked correctly for me and for everyone else who has used this prior to the latest NVSE update that broke the "let" command that allows me to fill the array with the companions I then turn into ref variables?

The answer is the ref variables aren't being set to the correct characters, or multiple characters, creating confusion. Until someone figures how to unbreak the latest NVSE's relationship with the NX script extender, unfortunately people need to choose between using TTW and Sexout mods using http://nvse.silverlock.org/.

Edited by Loogie
1 hour ago, Loogie said:

Here's a reductionist question for you - why, if the script snippet you show is broken, has it always worked correctly for me and for everyone else who has used this prior to the latest NVSE update that broke the "let" command that allows me to fill the array with the companions I then turn into ref variables?

The answer is the ref variables aren't being set to the correct characters, or multiple characters, creating confusion. Until someone figures how to unbreak the latest NVSE's relationship with the NX script extender, unfortunately people need to choose between using TTW and Sexout mods using http://nvse.silverlock.org/.

Basically I do not understand your question. Here is an example line from your script

Companion1Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion1 0 24

Obviously one parameter is missing !

But here you did not really see a difference to the correct

Companion1Things.RemoveAllTypedItems Companion1 1 0 24

Since with the missing type parameter all items are moved and not only the typed one. (I have verified this functionality)

In your script only the Set vommand is used so the Let problematic shouldn't matter anyway.

I've not checked other usages of the Removealltypeditems function call, so I do not know if it is only a more cosmetical bug for this function only or if there exist "real problems" somewhere else.

Regarding the problem at the entrance, maybe I have to excuse.

I do not yet understand every part and do not know yet the exact reason, why none of the items are removed at the gate. Unfortunatelly your shown script, was the first thing I found.

Independant from this is the problem with the mod MSex-Veronica. The problem/bug I have mentioned here on my new machine and my new installation also happened on my old computer and my old installation (!) in my last playthrough at least 3 (!) years ago. At that time I only make scripts for skyrim, so I do not have a look at the problem.