Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Good to see this mod is still getting attention.  You may or may not still be updating the mod, but I thought I would draw attention to a certain conundrum and ask for advice on how to tackle it.

The origin of the problem is this: SexLab does not actually maintain a "time since last orgasm" statistic.  The "days since last sex" is generally the same thing, but when it's not, it's a problem.  I use mods which take advantage of SexLab's paired animations to achieve certain things.  Breastfeeding, Puppet Master Swallow activities, other things that are effectively just foreplay but which might not conveniently carry the foreplay tag.

SLA seems to try to reference an internal days-since-orgasm statistic, but, in the end, seems to always resort to SexLab's days-since-sex statistic.  The result is that all of these non-orgasm animations cause all of the SLA stats for the actors to reset, forcing arousal to square one, when in fact the opposite probably would make better sense, ie the acts should serve to increase arousal.

I've tried a number of things to get around this, including forcibly reverting every SLA variable after it's done resetting them, but ultimately the issue stems from SLA's reliance on SexLab's days-since-sex variable, which I have had zero luck manipulating.

I figure if SLA could be tweaked so that its (I assume) internal days-since-orgasm stat functioned the way it was seemingly intended, rather than defaulting to SexLab 100% of the time, this might resolve the issue.

I had a question that I was hoping someone could answer with some specifics, maybe the author? See I've always been a little lost in the dark about the specifics of the Arousal Settings. I've read the tool tips for a long time trying to piece it all together, and I came here to the front page but it only had the same info as the last Aroused did.

So... I'll say what I think I know and maybe someone will go about filling in the blanks and correcting what is wrong? Lets start with the player settings in Puppet Master.

Exposure= Another word for how aroused you are, you can raise or lower it by adjusting the value.

Exposure Rate= A generic multiplier, making it so it takes longer or shorter amounts of time to get aroused... maybe?

Time Rate= Don't really understand this... increasing this makes it so you get aroused faster/more often in a single day? Wasnt your exposure/arousal supposed to go down over time? Says default is 10 but it changes overtime, I suppose changing overtime depends on how often you have sex or not. I assume a low number means slower, and higher number means faster?

Exibitionist= When enabled, anytime someone is around you and sees you it increases your arousal. What does this mean? Standing in front of someone while naked continually increases your arousal or is it a once per npc per time period? Also what is it based on... Exposure rate makes each tick more or less and time rate makes it faster or slower?

So questions about that...

1= If my default exposure rate is 2 and time rate is 10 and I sit on a chair all day, how much should my exposure go up... 20?

2= How does this interact with devious devices? I saw something about chastity belts increase these settings somehow.

Now onto Settings> Arousal. There is 4 values here.

Default Exposure Rate= Can set what PC and NPC rates are. Normal is 2. So if I put it to 1 that makes it... normal? If I put it to 0 it means people cant get aroused?

Decay Rate= The tool tip says its the number of days for exposure and timerate to reduce by one third. How does this work exactly, based on time I assume? So Arousal continually goes up, then drops suddenly the next day? Or is it supposed to steadily decrease? If this is set to 1, every day it should reduce by a third? 7 would be a week? 0.1 is every 2 and a half hours?

Time Rate Change= It says this is how much is added to the time rate after orgasm. I assume that means after having sex you crave a little more sex, and a little more, and more. Meaning the more you have sex, the more your arousal raises all on its own?

Cell Scan Frequency= Default is every 2 minutes, I assume that means how often it updates NPCs around the character.

So, final questions... is it possible these settings can have a bit more explanation on what they do in the main page? I dunno if anyone else asked but I checked the first couple pages and the last one, being expected to read 2 different forum topics with 100+ pages together seemed a bit too much for something I figured would be a bit better explained to begin with.

Still... would it be possible that someone throw up some hypothetical setting differences to explain what they mean? Ive been tinkering with my settings for weeks now and still am unable to get it to behave like how I want it to~ *scratches head*

Lastly, I assume this is all tied into Skyrims time scale, right? So if mine is lower it would effect all of these settings since my days are longer, right?

Aroused Computations

For all those interested in how this is computed, I posted the formulas used in the "Computations" section of this post:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37652-sexlab-aroused-redux-1-december-2015/?p=945545

Because of the use of the power function (pow()), it is not so intuitive, but if you use your Windows calculator (which has a power function in it), you can play with the various values to get a feel for how various input values change the output.

Good to see this mod is still getting attention.  You may or may not still be updating the mod, but I thought I would draw attention to a certain conundrum and ask for advice on how to tackle it.

The origin of the problem is this: SexLab does not actually maintain a "time since last orgasm" statistic.  The "days since last sex" is generally the same thing, but when it's not, it's a problem.  I use mods which take advantage of SexLab's paired animations to achieve certain things.  Breastfeeding, Puppet Master Swallow activities, other things that are effectively just foreplay but which might not conveniently carry the foreplay tag.

SLA seems to try to reference an internal days-since-orgasm statistic, but, in the end, seems to always resort to SexLab's days-since-sex statistic.  The result is that all of these non-orgasm animations cause all of the SLA stats for the actors to reset, forcing arousal to square one, when in fact the opposite probably would make better sense, ie the acts should serve to increase arousal.

I've tried a number of things to get around this, including forcibly reverting every SLA variable after it's done resetting them, but ultimately the issue stems from SLA's reliance on SexLab's days-since-sex variable, which I have had zero luck manipulating.

I figure if SLA could be tweaked so that its (I assume) internal days-since-orgasm stat functioned the way it was seemingly intended, rather than defaulting to SexLab 100% of the time, this might resolve the issue.

I'll have to have a look at this when I get the time.

I believe I have corrected the phenomenon with the following change:

If (res < -1.0)
     Return SexLab.Stats.DaysSinceLastSex(akRef)
EndIf

to this:
If (res < -1.0)
     StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(akRef, "SLAroused.LastOrgasmDate", (Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - SexLab.Stats.DaysSinceLastSex(akRef)))
EndIf

Ultimately it demands that each actor have an orgasm on record before making use of non-orgasm paired animations; otherwise they will be assumed to have had an orgasm during the animation, like always, though at least only the once.  The above change basically prevents SLA from getting stuck in a loop of misinterpretation.

I'll have to have a look at this when I get the time.

I believe I have corrected the phenomenon with the following change:

If (res < -1.0)
EndIf

to this:
If (res < -1.0)
     StorageUtil.SetFloatValue(akRef, "SLAroused.LastOrgasmDate", (Utility.GetCurrentGameTime() - SexLab.Stats.DaysSinceLastSex(akRef)))
EndIf

Ultimately it demands that each actor have an orgasm on record before making use of non-orgasm paired animations; otherwise they will be assumed to have had an orgasm during the animation, like always, though at least only the once.  The above change basically prevents SLA from getting stuck in a loop of misinterpretation.

This, I don't think, is helpful and would break things.  It makes the assumption that by calling GetArousal() (which calls GetActorDaysSinceLastOrgasm()), the actor is having an orgasm which is almost never true.

UpdateActorOrgasmDate() sets the LastOrgasmDate, and is correctly called when at the end of a Sexlab animaiton.

You can find this code in slamainscr.psc

Event OnAnimationEnd(string eventName, string argString, float argNum, form sender)

This to me does not look like a bug.

This, I don't think, is helpful and would break things.  It makes the assumption that by calling GetArousal() (which calls GetActorDaysSinceLastOrgasm()), the actor is having an orgasm which is almost never true.

It does not make this assumption.  The only time it sets the date is when the date has not already been set internally.  Given that SLA already defaults to SexLab's days-since-sex variable under this circumstance, I fail to see the harm.  Without setting the date, this dubious scenario occurs:

• Actors have never had an orgasm.
  • Actors engage in non-orgasm SexLab animation.
  • SLA sets each actor's orgasm date, forcing their arousal down (generally to 0).
  • This happens every time, until the actors finally use an animation that does include an orgasm.

The change definitely fixes this.

A better solution?  Set the actor's "last orgasm" date the moment SLA even becomes aware of them.  Point being that without that date, GetActorDaysSinceLastOrgasm() is defaulting to reliance on a SexLab variable that may have nothing at all to do with orgasms.

It does not make this assumption.  The only time it sets the date is when the date has not already been set internally.  Given that SLA already defaults to SexLab's days-since-sex variable under this circumstance, I fail to see the harm.  Without setting the date, this dubious scenario occurs:

• Actors have never had an orgasm.
  • Actors engage in non-orgasm SexLab animation.
  • SLA sets each actor's orgasm date, forcing their arousal down (generally to 0).
  • This happens every time, until the actors finally use an animation that does include an orgasm.

The change definitely fixes this.

A better solution?  Set the actor's "last orgasm" date the moment SLA even becomes aware of them.  Point being that without that date, GetActorDaysSinceLastOrgasm() is defaulting to reliance on a SexLab variable that may have nothing at all to do with orgasms.

But, that's the point.  Most NPCs NEVER have sex.  With the code you suggested, every NPC in the game would be recorded as having sex when they are encountered because arousal is computed for every NPC when they are encountered.  When arousal is computed, GetActorDaysSinceLastOrgasm is called.  It cannot be used as you suggest.

If I used your suggestion, papyrusUtil would fill up with hundreds of NPCs with bad data.

Please have a closer look at this and how it is called.

Also note that if SLA is installed, it sets the last orgasm date for every NPC at the conclusion of sex already.  It does not depend at all on Sexlab.  I pointed out yesterday that we trap OnAnimaitonEnd and every NPC involved in consensual sex has their last orgasm date set.  This is happening now.

What your code change would represent is "days since last encountered" and I am not at all interested in that value.

Also note that if SLA is installed, it sets the last orgasm date for every NPC at the conclusion of sex already.

I can only reiterate that this is not the case.  Only if they have an orgasm (event OrgasmEnd) does this happen.  If SexLab is used for paired animations that do not conveniently finalize with OrgasmEnd, SLA captures nothing - which, incidentally, is A-OK, since after all it is presumably looking for orgasms.  Once more, the issue is that SLA is assuming an orgasm based on SexLab's days-since-sex variable and basing arousal on this mistaken assumption.  Until the actor gets an OrgasmEnd event, it will continue to make this assumption.  As a case-in-point, this is inconvenient for me.

As a final suggestion, I might propose that rather than defaulting to SexLab's decidedly not-orgasm-related variable, that the default instead be assumed to be GetCurrentGameTime, perhaps capping at 30 days.  For myself, the solution I've implemented is good enough, and I am not altogether taken aback by the prospect of adding ~1KB of text to my saves.  (Were that truly an issue, a quick purging routine for out-of-date entries could be useful.)

Also note that if SLA is installed, it sets the last orgasm date for every NPC at the conclusion of sex already.

I can only reiterate that this is not the case.  Only if they have an orgasm (event OrgasmEnd) does this happen.  If SexLab is used for paired animations that do not conveniently finalize with OrgasmEnd, SLA captures nothing - which, incidentally, is A-OK, since after all it is presumably looking for orgasms.  Once more, the issue is that SLA is assuming an orgasm based on SexLab's days-since-sex variable and basing arousal on this mistaken assumption.  Until the actor gets an OrgasmEnd event, it will continue to make this assumption.  As a case-in-point, this is inconvenient for me.

As a final suggestion, I might propose that rather than defaulting to SexLab's decidedly not-orgasm-related variable, that the default instead be assumed to be GetCurrentGameTime, perhaps capping at 30 days.  For myself, the solution I've implemented is good enough, and I am not altogether taken aback by the prospect of adding ~1KB of text to my saves.  (Were that truly an issue, a quick purging routine for out-of-date entries could be useful.)

Once again, setting the days since last orgasm to every NPC encountered is a very bad idea.  Not only does this store erroneous information, it will add tons of junk information to your save.  Your save will grow to and enormous size.  Remember that papyrusutil saves data in the save file.  You proposal would add an entry in the save for every NPC you ever encounter including bandits, random NPCs in towns and so on, i.e. every non-hostile NPC that comes within 100 feet of the player.  That is NOT a good idea.

In no case am I ever going to store last orgasm dates unless Sexlab tell me that sex occurred.  If it is not working for you, suggest that you have a look at OnAnimationEnd() in slamainscr.psc.  It may be that there are newer animations that do not show up in the list of tags we look for, i.e.:

If (animation.HasTag("Anal") || animation.HasTag("Vaginal") || animation.HasTag("Masturbation") || animation.HasTag("Fisting"))
        canHaveOrgasm = True

This is additional code below this section that checks for other things depending on whether the NPC is male or female.

If some individual animation does not have an OrgasmEnd event, well, talk to the author of the animation and have them make it so.

Until the actor gets an OrgasmEnd event, it will continue to make this assumption.  As a case-in-point, this is inconvenient for me.

I do not understand why this would be inconvenient.  If there is an orgasm, it is recorded.  If there is not an orgasm, well, not recording the non-event is exactly the right action to take.  Concerning the use of SexLab's days-since-sex variable, I am happy to remove that, but the result would be the same.  It is only in there because of some previous papyrusUtil issues that are long since resolved.

Blush when aroused is not working with the new version (beta) of Aoused Redux :(

Not sure what this mod is, can you link it?

I'm using SAR17 and I too have this problem. So aroused dependent mods are effectively broken for me.

I have a slight problem with SAR. People with sexuality set to hetero (in SL Diary) show up with the wrong gender preference in SAR i.e a hetero guy has gender preference set to male and hetero female has preference set to female. I don't know if this happens to gay or lesbian people. If I change sexuality to something else and then change it back, the right gender preference is assigned (hetero male prefers females).

EDIT:

I forgot to mention I'm using SAR v17 and SL 1.59c

I'll have a look at this soon.  I have made no code changes from the original in this area, so any issues must be really old.

Can anyone verify if this is still a problem?  This is gay/straight issue is all based on Sexlab code and if it is still an issue, I will post on the Sexlab forum for help.

In no case am I ever going to store last orgasm dates unless Sexlab tell me that sex occurred.

I have a different proposal which ought to accomplish essentially the same thing.  Watch for AnimationEnd and, if you find associated actors who have not been stored, store them (but only if they're not already stored).  This will do the service of adding them so that there is a date to bounce off of whenever they engage in future non-orgasm animations, while avoiding the issue of repeatedly resetting arousal to square one during such animations.  It should in effect accomplish what my original suggestion accomplishes without needing to store anything SLA wasn't already assumed to be storing.

Until the actor gets an OrgasmEnd event, it will continue to make this assumption.  As a case-in-point, this is inconvenient for me.

I do not understand why this would be inconvenient.  If there is an orgasm, it is recorded.  If there is not an orgasm, well, not recording the non-event is exactly the right action to take.

Hopefully the above-suggested workaround will persuade.  The inconvenience comes from the fact that I don't want arousal to drop just because SexLab gets used.

It may be that there are newer animations that do not show up in the list of tags we look for, i.e.:

If (animation.HasTag("Anal") || animation.HasTag("Vaginal") || animation.HasTag("Masturbation") || animation.HasTag("Fisting"))
        canHaveOrgasm = True

This is additional code below this section that checks for other things depending on whether the NPC is male or female.

If some individual animation does not have an OrgasmEnd event, well, talk to the author of the animation and have them make it so.

Lack of accurate events was never the issue.  The non-orgasm animations I reference to not trigger orgasm events and this is 100% true to their nature.  SexLab gets this right.

On a related note, here's a different bug you might want to consider patching: SLA's uses Skyrim's gender flag to determine gender.  This doesn't work out conveniently for futanari actors, generally resulting in them not receiving an orgasm update from SLA.  Probably safe just to use SexLab's gender flag in this case.

In no case am I ever going to store last orgasm dates unless Sexlab tell me that sex occurred.

I have a different proposal which ought to accomplish essentially the same thing.  Watch for AnimationEnd and, if you find associated actors who have not been stored, store them (but only if they're not already stored).  This will do the service of adding them so that there is a date to bounce off of whenever they engage in future non-orgasm animations, while avoiding the issue of repeatedly resetting arousal to square one during such animations.  It should in effect accomplish what my original suggestion accomplishes without needing to store anything SLA wasn't already assumed to be storing.

This would be dead simple to implement, but would record an orgasm for every Sexlab animation including forplay.  This value is supposed to be storing orgasm date.

I do not understand why this would be inconvenient.  If there is an orgasm, it is recorded.  If there is not an orgasm, well, not recording the non-event is exactly the right action to take.

Hopefully the above-suggested workaround will persuade.  The inconvenience comes from the fact that I don't want arousal to drop just because SexLab gets used.

Even foreplay affects arousal.  We add arousal to every NPC who is watching any Sexlab animation at every animation change event.

It may be that there are newer animations that do not show up in the list of tags we look for, i.e.:

canHaveOrgasm = True

Lack of accurate events was never the issue.  The non-orgasm animations I reference to not trigger orgasm events and this is 100% true to their nature.  SexLab gets this right.

On a related note, here's a different bug you might want to consider patching: SLA's uses Skyrim's gender flag to determine gender.  This doesn't work out conveniently for futanari actors, generally resulting in them not receiving an orgasm update from SLA.  Probably safe just to use SexLab's gender flag in this case.

This would be dead simple to implement, but would record an orgasm for every Sexlab animation including forplay.  This value is supposed to be storing orgasm date.

There remain some misconceptions.

There are basically two scenarios.  Case A: The actor had an orgasm at some point and is stored.  Case B: The actor never had an orgasm and is not stored.  Under the current system, things only work as intended in Case A; in Case B, arousal gets reset to 0 every time SexLab gets used, regardless of there being an orgasm.  But with the above change, this only happens the first time; no subsequent SexLab animations get logged unless there is an orgasm.

Your misgiving seems to be that the first time a value is stored, it is not specifically the date of an orgasm (unless, of course, an orgasm happens to occur in the same event, which it typically does).  I needn't point out that SLA already fails to provide this datum because there is no way for it to.  When you check SLA's menu for "days since orgasm" on a Case B actor, it pulls SexLab's variable out of its hat.  I am proposing that this be the date stored when AnimationEnd is found.  Net result: No change from the current system, other than the convenient side-effect of not having arousal reduced in the future for that actor due to non-orgasm animations.

arousal gets reset to 0 every time SexLab gets used, regardless of there being an orgasm

If you can provide a precisely defined situation including the NPC, location,  and animation name that I can reproduce, I'll have a look.  In this case, the NPC should not have their arousal set to 0 unless the sex was considered forced.

arousal gets reset to 0 every time SexLab gets used, regardless of there being an orgasm

If you can provide a precisely defined situation including the NPC, location,  and animation name that I can reproduce, I'll have a look.  In this case, the NPC should not have their arousal set to 0 unless the sex was considered forced.

Here is the reason this happens, as detailed a few posts back: SexLab's "end of animation" event is not "OrgasmEnd".  It's "AnimationEnd".  "OrgasmEnd" is sent, fair and square, when the last (orgasm) stage ends.  If this stage is never reached, then naturally it also doesn't end.  This is all, of course, 100% intended by Ashal.  He specifically differentiated between the orgasm stage ending and the entire animation ending, despite the fact that these two events are almost always conjoined.

SLA watches for OrgasmEnd only.  Therefore, there will be times when an animation plays out but SLA never detects its ending.  So why does arousal drop after these animations, when SLA isn't doing anything?  Because SLA is still relying upon SexLab's days-since-sex variable to figure out "days since last orgasm", and SexLab has dutifully updated said variable because, yes indeed, the actor did in fact engage in a sex act recently.

Now, when does an animation end without OrgasmEnd?  This can happen a few different ways.  Foreplay tag is one.  But also when it is interrupted prematurely, one way or another.  SexLab has a function set aside for this: EndAnimation().

That should detail why non-orgasm animations currently lower arousal.  But if you're still interested in a specific example, snag Puppet Master Swallow, make someone a puppet, and ask them to do something under the "I have something else in mind" dialogue tree.  Those make use of examples of interrupted SexLab animations and do not end in orgasms.  (Note that PMS 1.2b is outdated and a little buggy with the newest SexLab.)

Here is the reason this happens, as detailed a few posts back: SexLab's "end of animation" event is not "OrgasmEnd".  It's "AnimationEnd".  "OrgasmEnd" is sent, fair and square, when the last (orgasm) stage ends.  If this stage is never reached, then naturally it also doesn't end.  This is all, of course, 100% intended by Ashal.  He specifically differentiated between the orgasm stage ending and the entire animation ending, despite the fact that these two events are almost always conjoined.

SLA watches for OrgasmEnd only.  Therefore, there will be times when an animation plays out but SLA never detects its ending.  So why does arousal drop after these animations, when SLA isn't doing anything?  Because SLA is still relying upon SexLab's days-since-sex variable to figure out "days since last orgasm", and SexLab has dutifully updated said variable because, yes indeed, the actor did in fact engage in a sex act recently.

Now, when does an animation end without OrgasmEnd?  This can happen a few different ways.  Foreplay tag is one.  But also when it is interrupted prematurely, one way or another.  SexLab has a function set aside for this: EndAnimation().

That should detail why non-orgasm animations currently lower arousal.  But if you're still interested in a specific example, snag Puppet Master Swallow, make someone a puppet, and ask them to do something under the "I have something else in mind" dialogue tree.  Those make use of examples of interrupted SexLab animations and do not end in orgasms.  (Note that PMS 1.2b is outdated and a little buggy with the newest SexLab.)

I guess I should have said, please describe a way I can reproduce your problem with Sexlab itself (and matchmaker).  I don't have time to install a bunch of mods I will never use.

I guess I should have said, please describe a way I can reproduce your problem with Sexlab itself (and matchmaker).  I don't have time to install a bunch of mods I will never use.

You almost certainly can judge for yourself whether or not my description of the phenomenon in action accurately reveals the flaw.  But for the sake of argument, it so happens that there is a way to showcase the issue without needing to install mods that make use of uncommon SexLab features.  We will take advantage of the way in which SLA currently determines gender.

Part one:

Using a female player character, spawn in a female actor, such as Muiri (1406B).  Make a save here.  Note her arousal - currently, this is a figure SLA is relying upon SexLab to determine.

In SexLab, un-toggle every animation except Arrok Lesbian.  We will use this animation because it does not contain any of SLA's target keywords, and since both actors are female according to Skyrim, the result is that SLA will ignore their orgasms.  As far as SLA is concerned, this will effectively simulate what happens when an animation receives AnimationEnd(), i.e. SLA doesn't see OrgasmEnd and so ignores the event entirely.

Anyway, pair them up and note the change in Muiri's arousal afterward.  It will have dropped, because SLA did not record an orgasm and therefore is still reliant upon SexLab for its "days since sex" variable, which has now reset to 0.  Remember, we're simulating what happens when an animation plays without an orgasm, so the target result is that arousal does not drop.  SLA missing orgasms during lesbian animations is a separate issue that I am abusing to make this experiment possible.

Part two:

Restore back to before Arrok Lesbian.  Now toggle Arrok Lesbian off and toggle Missionary on.  Pair them up.  After that's over, SLA will have recorded an orgasm for Muiri.  If necessary, Puppet Master adjust Muiri's arousal up so that future changes to her arousal may be noted.

Next, toggle Missionary off and once again toggle Arrok Lesbian on.  Pair them up.  This time the results will be different from those in part one: SLA still doesn't register an orgasm for Muiri from Arrok Lesbian, but this time SLA does have an orgasm on record already, thanks to the earlier use of Missionary, and so is no longer reliant upon SexLab.  The result is that Muiri's "days since orgasm" variable is unchanged after this Arrok Lesbian, and therefore so is her arousal.  This is the result we are after when it comes to non-orgasm (interrupted) animations.

I feel I should once more stress that the purpose of this experiment is to highlight the difference in SLA's behavior between actors who have and actors who have not been stored, when it comes to non-orgasm animations.  The last proposal I offered to counter this issue will definitely do so, and will not glut save files - in fact the only times it stores actors that SLA doesn't already store them is specifically when the actors are used in non-orgasm animations and were not previously stored.  A rare fix for a rare scenario.

I think I encountered a -possible- bug. Using Aroused Redux with SexLab Aroused Creatures and Lover's Victim (with SL being 1.61), arousal levels seem to work just fine.

With both of this mods, NPCs assault me when I'm naked without any issues. But NPCs never assault naked NPCs, even if I set their required arousal to 1. If I press N on the naked NPCs it shows their arousal works fine and also the arousal of NPCs around them. It made me wonder if maybe the check to see if an NPC is naked is bugged, since both of those mods call for a naked NPC check through SLA?

Edit:

I turned off the 'only when naked' option for Aroused Creatures and suddenly NPCs got assaulted which seems to suggest the problem is indeed with the 'check for NPC nudity' not working right.

I think I encountered a -possible- bug. Using Aroused Redux with SexLab Aroused Creatures and Lover's Victim (with SL being 1.61), arousal levels seem to work just fine.

With both of this mods, NPCs assault me when I'm naked without any issues. But NPCs never assault naked NPCs, even if I set their required arousal to 1. If I press N on the naked NPCs it shows their arousal works fine and also the arousal of NPCs around them. It made me wonder if maybe the check to see if an NPC is naked is bugged, since both of those mods call for a naked NPC check through SLA?

Edit:

I turned off the 'only when naked' option for Aroused Creatures and suddenly NPCs got assaulted which seems to suggest the problem is indeed with the 'check for NPC nudity' not working right.

Best to contact the authors of the referenced mods.  There are no bugs in Aroused.

Ok.  I am at a loss here.  SLA isn't showing up in MCM and I can't figure out why.   :(  I've installed it manually and via mod manager.  I've used the BSA version and the loose.  Is something I have conflicting?

i've sorted using LOOT, run FNIS, I have uninstalled SLA, and reinstalled.  I have mods that use it as a dependency, but they a detecting SLA, but SLA isn't seeming to run, even tho it's in the load order and loading.

Did I miss something?  I will be happy to provide any other info you need, just let me know

***Further testing revealed it is a borked save series.  All the way back to the beginning.  I doubt I will be able to recover it.  Not that it was very far anyway.  I had only gotten to level 3, and just beat the first dragon at the Watchtower.  So no big deal.  Loaded up an older save that was still lingering and SLA was there after it freaked out about all the missing mods.  haha

So starting fresh again.  All's well it seems.   :D  Tho I really should put Alternate Start back in...The Helgen scene is quite boring.  haha

LO.txt

Ok.  I am at a loss here.  SLA isn't showing up in MCM and I can't figure out why.   :(  I've installed it manually and via mod manager.  I've used the BSA version and the loose.  Is something I have conflicting?

i've sorted using LOOT, run FNIS, I have uninstalled SLA, and reinstalled.  I have mods that use it as a dependency, but they a detecting SLA, but SLA isn't seeming to run, even tho it's in the load order and loading.

Did I miss something?  I will be happy to provide any other info you need, just let me know

***Further testing revealed it is a borked save series.  All the way back to the beginning.  I doubt I will be able to recover it.  Not that it was very far anyway.  I had only gotten to level 3, and just beat the first dragon at the Watchtower.  So no big deal.  Loaded up an older save that was still lingering and SLA was there after it freaked out about all the missing mods.  haha

So starting fresh again.  All's well it seems.   :D  Tho I really should put Alternate Start back in...The Helgen scene is quite boring.  haha

Solving this problem is way above my pay grade, but, I agree about Alternate Start.  It is a must have for me.

Solving this problem is way above my pay grade, but, I agree about Alternate Start.  It is a must have for me.

The only thing I can figure out is that I borked that save file up with all the problems i had originally when I started installing with a hosed NMM install.

See, when I reformatted my computer, I cut corners.  I did a hurried job of resetting up NMM and didn't finish setting up the INI properly I guess...It seems to only have affected Skyrim.  Fallout 4 and everything else works perfectly.  But Skyrim.  Nah.  It borked.  It was trying to split mod installs between 2 different hard drives and Skyrim's brain just melted.  That save just didn't know what to do.  So when I fixed it all up, the save was still borked.  I started a new one and it's all good.  INstalling more mods and still going strong.  More stable then it was before.  Haven't gotten to really start your awesome Sex Slaves Unofficial DLC yet (I refuse to call it a quest mod...It's too big and awesome.  haha) but I will soon.

Edit:

Best to contact the authors of the referenced mods.  There are no bugs in Aroused.

Well, are you sure about that? Do you know of a mod that sends for naked checks from Redux that works? (not a rhetorical question, I'm trying to figure this bug out)

So far looking at the code of both those mods their method of checking for naked NPCs is to see if the NPCs are in the sla_naked faction, which Redux is in charge of. So it makes the most sense that there's a bug somewhere in Redux that doesn't make the check quite right or doesn't assign the naked NPCs to the faction right. I'm just an amateur at coding though so I'm having a hard time finding the exact spot where the check breaks.

Edit:

Well, are you sure about that? Do you know of a mod that sends for naked checks from Redux that works? (not a rhetorical question, I'm trying to figure this bug out)

So far looking at the code of both those mods their method of checking for naked NPCs is to see if the NPCs are in the sla_naked faction, which Redux is in charge of. So it makes the most sense that there's a bug somewhere in Redux that doesn't make the check quite right or doesn't assign the naked NPCs to the faction right. I'm just an amateur at coding though so I'm having a hard time finding the exact spot where the check breaks.

Yes, I am sure about that.  Aroused has no bugs.  It has issues concerning the way it does things that some people find problematic, but it is bug free in the work it does.

Having said that, sla_naked is ONLY set for the player.  Not for any NPCs in the scan.  That was changed to reduce the papyrus impact considerably and there is no way to add it back without heavy papyrus impact.  Modders should use wornhaskeyword ArmorCuirass and ClothingBody.  If you are writing a mod, feel free to manage sla_naked as you see fit.

My Sex Slaves mod used Aroused, but I don't use the sla_naked faction because faction checks are more expensive than checking for keywords to look for body clothing.