Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Next time you update, a small correction needs to be made (highlighted in red).

I wouldn't bother doing it until you have to though since it's been that way from the beginning and evidently I'm the only one who noticed.

Lover's Desire

• Satisfied - Arousal 0-20 : skills improve 5% faster
  • Arousal 20-49 does nothing
  • Distracted - Arousal : 50-69 skills improve 5% slower
  • Aroused - Arousal : 70-89 skills improve 10% slower
  • Need Sex - Arousal : 90+ skills improve 20% slower
  • Losing Control - Arousal 90+ and Time Rate 70-89 : skills improve 40% slower
  • Addicted - Arousal 90+ and Time rate 90+ : skills improve 80% slower

I'm not sure how I fucked up, but I obviously did.  SAR keeps repeating "SexLab Aroused is ready" after I reinstall it.  Any ideas as to why it's continuously displaying that message and how to prevent it from looping?

I can't seem to increase exposure at all.

Tried checking exhibitionist and undressing everyone, but it just sits at 0

Wat do

EDIT:

Okay, it seems like it just takes a (long) while.

Arousal is calculated ever two minutes (by default).  You can reduce that as you like so arousal happens faster.

I can't seem to increase exposure at all.

Tried checking exhibitionist and undressing everyone, but it just sits at 0

Wat do

EDIT:

Okay, it seems like it just takes a (long) while.

Arousal is calculated ever two minutes (by default).  You can reduce that as you like so arousal happens faster.

Oh, so that is what the cell scan thing was. The description only said it scans for NPCs, so I assumed it was just an initiation thing for new NPCs.

I have a problem with the animeation part of this mod. When my character reach the threshold of when she is suppost to use the animation of being aroused, my character does not use it ... but the werid thing is the NPC use the animation when they reach the threshold. i reload and used the FINS and no go. So I was wondering is there something i missed or something  I changed in Sexlab Framwork in the MCM.

I'm not sure how I fucked up, but I obviously did.  SAR keeps repeating "SexLab Aroused is ready" after I reinstall it.  Any ideas as to why it's continuously displaying that message and how to prevent it from looping?

Short of having to reinstall skyrim and all mods, am I right in assuming I'm fucked since there hasn't been any suggestions?

Short of having to reinstall skyrim and all mods, am I right in assuming I'm fucked since there hasn't been any suggestions?

Have you even tried to reinstall just this mod? You ask for help but don't say a thing about what you tried to do yourself to fix it, how you installed it in the first place (manual, NMM, MO) or anything else to give someone a clue as to where to even start. That is why you got no response.

Hi, amazing mod, worked wonders with my last playthrough of skyrim. with my new playthrough though all I seem to get are male guards whistling at my male character asking for sex. and the residents in my home only respond if i set cell scan to like 1 second. any idea why this would effect guard so heavily and not my follower residents in breezehome? how can i change that?

I have a problem with the animeation part of this mod. When my character reach the threshold of when she is suppost to use the animation of being aroused, my character does not use it ... but the werid thing is the NPC use the animation when they reach the threshold. i reload and used the FINS and no go. So I was wondering is there something i missed or something  I changed in Sexlab Framwork in the MCM.

The animation is only for NPCs, not the PC.  The animation chain specifically excludes the PC.

Hi, amazing mod, worked wonders with my last playthrough of skyrim. with my new playthrough though all I seem to get are male guards whistling at my male character asking for sex. and the residents in my home only respond if i set cell scan to like 1 second. any idea why this would effect guard so heavily and not my follower residents in breezehome? how can i change that?

We do nothing with whistling and the like.  Other mods provide that functionality.

You also need to provide information on how you installed this.  Suggest you make a clean uninstall and check for loose files listed at the bottom of the home page still existing from a previous install.

Once you are convinced that you have a clean uninstall, re-install Aroused Redux.

Alternately, you can just uninstall and then install the loose version which will overwrite any existing scripts.

We do nothing with whistling and the like.  Other mods provide that functionality.

oh sry the whistling is SL Approach.... still however it's just a tell that my follower residents in breezehome arent getting aroused. in my last playthrough theyd naturally get aroused over time, here they seem to stay at 0 or 2. i messed around with some settings but im probably doing something wrong, any idea how i can set it so they their arousal gets to like 20 or something within a few in game hours?

oh sry the whistling is SL Approach.... still however it's just a tell that my follower residents in breezehome arent getting aroused. in my last playthrough theyd naturally get aroused over time, here they seem to stay at 0 or 2. i messed around with some settings but im probably doing something wrong, any idea how i can set it so they their arousal gets to like 20 or something within a few in game hours?

They will get aroused only if someone is naked and ONLY when the PC is present in the cell.

Good to see this mod is still getting attention.  You may or may not still be updating the mod, but I thought I would draw attention to a certain conundrum and ask for advice on how to tackle it.

The origin of the problem is this: SexLab does not actually maintain a "time since last orgasm" statistic.  The "days since last sex" is generally the same thing, but when it's not, it's a problem.  I use mods which take advantage of SexLab's paired animations to achieve certain things.  Breastfeeding, Puppet Master Swallow activities, other things that are effectively just foreplay but which might not conveniently carry the foreplay tag.

SLA seems to try to reference an internal days-since-orgasm statistic, but, in the end, seems to always resort to SexLab's days-since-sex statistic.  The result is that all of these non-orgasm animations cause all of the SLA stats for the actors to reset, forcing arousal to square one, when in fact the opposite probably would make better sense, ie the acts should serve to increase arousal.

I've tried a number of things to get around this, including forcibly reverting every SLA variable after it's done resetting them, but ultimately the issue stems from SLA's reliance on SexLab's days-since-sex variable, which I have had zero luck manipulating.

I figure if SLA could be tweaked so that its (I assume) internal days-since-orgasm stat functioned the way it was seemingly intended, rather than defaulting to SexLab 100% of the time, this might resolve the issue.

I had a question that I was hoping someone could answer with some specifics, maybe the author? See I've always been a little lost in the dark about the specifics of the Arousal Settings. I've read the tool tips for a long time trying to piece it all together, and I came here to the front page but it only had the same info as the last Aroused did.

So... I'll say what I think I know and maybe someone will go about filling in the blanks and correcting what is wrong? Lets start with the player settings in Puppet Master.

Exposure= Another word for how aroused you are, you can raise or lower it by adjusting the value.

Exposure Rate= A generic multiplier, making it so it takes longer or shorter amounts of time to get aroused... maybe?

Time Rate= Don't really understand this... increasing this makes it so you get aroused faster/more often in a single day? Wasnt your exposure/arousal supposed to go down over time? Says default is 10 but it changes overtime, I suppose changing overtime depends on how often you have sex or not. I assume a low number means slower, and higher number means faster?

Exibitionist= When enabled, anytime someone is around you and sees you it increases your arousal. What does this mean? Standing in front of someone while naked continually increases your arousal or is it a once per npc per time period? Also what is it based on... Exposure rate makes each tick more or less and time rate makes it faster or slower?

So questions about that...

1= If my default exposure rate is 2 and time rate is 10 and I sit on a chair all day, how much should my exposure go up... 20?

2= How does this interact with devious devices? I saw something about chastity belts increase these settings somehow.

Now onto Settings> Arousal. There is 4 values here.

Default Exposure Rate= Can set what PC and NPC rates are. Normal is 2. So if I put it to 1 that makes it... normal? If I put it to 0 it means people cant get aroused?

Decay Rate= The tool tip says its the number of days for exposure and timerate to reduce by one third. How does this work exactly, based on time I assume? So Arousal continually goes up, then drops suddenly the next day? Or is it supposed to steadily decrease? If this is set to 1, every day it should reduce by a third? 7 would be a week? 0.1 is every 2 and a half hours?

Time Rate Change= It says this is how much is added to the time rate after orgasm. I assume that means after having sex you crave a little more sex, and a little more, and more. Meaning the more you have sex, the more your arousal raises all on its own?

Cell Scan Frequency= Default is every 2 minutes, I assume that means how often it updates NPCs around the character.

So, final questions... is it possible these settings can have a bit more explanation on what they do in the main page? I dunno if anyone else asked but I checked the first couple pages and the last one, being expected to read 2 different forum topics with 100+ pages together seemed a bit too much for something I figured would be a bit better explained to begin with.

Still... would it be possible that someone throw up some hypothetical setting differences to explain what they mean? Ive been tinkering with my settings for weeks now and still am unable to get it to behave like how I want it to~ *scratches head*

Lastly, I assume this is all tied into Skyrims time scale, right? So if mine is lower it would effect all of these settings since my days are longer, right?

Guest ffabris

So, final questions... is it possible these settings can have a bit more explanation on what they do in the main page? I dunno if anyone else asked but I checked the first couple pages and the last one, being expected to read 2 different forum topics with 100+ pages together seemed a bit too much for something I figured would be a bit better explained to begin with.

FWIW, I find some of these confusing as well.

@fishburger, I have two things of my own to toss in (unrelated).

Arousal locked. Minor issue, affects males only. On each NPC scan, the code looks to see if this is on, and if so, does nothing. On males, this results in the NPC remaining forever flaccid after a sex event (unless manually updated by hitting 'N'). If I set exposure to max, then lock, I would expect a male to be permanently erect. Well, unless I have totally misunderstood how exposure/arousal works, which is possible since I share unmog's confusion. :-|

Other thing, please consider using JsonUtil to save settings, so that they persist through new games. Starting a new game can involve half an hour or more, going through each mod, and getting settings back as you want them. SexLab has manual save/restore. I'd prefer it to be automatic (save on close of the MCM).

Dam that approach mod is really old and the whistle sound fx is terrible. Wasn't there some mod out there that had to do with whistling for a horse and the sound fx for that was really good? Maybe aroused redux could simply cause any npc within a configurable distance that is not currently in dialogue and has line of sight of player could do the whistle animation and a loud whistle sound fx as long as the player is: highly aroused/wearing a whore outfit from maria eden v2/ both. Things could be set in mcm?

I had a question that I was hoping someone could answer with some specifics, maybe the author? See I've always been a little lost in the dark about the specifics of the Arousal Settings. I've read the tool tips for a long time trying to piece it all together, and I came here to the front page but it only had the same info as the last Aroused did.

So... I'll say what I think I know and maybe someone will go about filling in the blanks and correcting what is wrong? Lets start with the player settings in Puppet Master.

Exposure= Another word for how aroused you are, you can raise or lower it by adjusting the value.

Exposure Rate= A generic multiplier, making it so it takes longer or shorter amounts of time to get aroused... maybe?

Time Rate= Don't really understand this... increasing this makes it so you get aroused faster/more often in a single day? Wasnt your exposure/arousal supposed to go down over time? Says default is 10 but it changes overtime, I suppose changing overtime depends on how often you have sex or not. I assume a low number means slower, and higher number means faster?

Exibitionist= When enabled, anytime someone is around you and sees you it increases your arousal. What does this mean? Standing in front of someone while naked continually increases your arousal or is it a once per npc per time period? Also what is it based on... Exposure rate makes each tick more or less and time rate makes it faster or slower?

1= If my default exposure rate is 2 and time rate is 10 and I sit on a chair all day, how much should my exposure go up... 20?

2= How does this interact with devious devices? I saw something about chastity belts increase these settings somehow.

Default Exposure Rate= Can set what PC and NPC rates are. Normal is 2. So if I put it to 1 that makes it... normal? If I put it to 0 it means people cant get aroused?

Decay Rate= The tool tip says its the number of days for exposure and timerate to reduce by one third. How does this work exactly, based on time I assume? So Arousal continually goes up, then drops suddenly the next day? Or is it supposed to steadily decrease? If this is set to 1, every day it should reduce by a third? 7 would be a week? 0.1 is every 2 and a half hours?

Time Rate Change= It says this is how much is added to the time rate after orgasm. I assume that means after having sex you crave a little more sex, and a little more, and more. Meaning the more you have sex, the more your arousal raises all on its own?

Cell Scan Frequency= Default is every 2 minutes, I assume that means how often it updates NPCs around the character.

Still... would it be possible that someone throw up some hypothetical setting differences to explain what they mean? Ive been tinkering with my settings for weeks now and still am unable to get it to behave like how I want it to~ *scratches head*

Lastly, I assume this is all tied into Skyrims time scale, right? So if mine is lower it would effect all of these settings since my days are longer, right?

I will answer with my understanding, I don't guarantee I am 100% right.

Arousal is driven by two factors. Exposure is your exposure to erotic stimuli ... that is being aroused by eternal factors. Time rate is your innate need for sex. It is a little more complicated.

Exposure increases by your exposure rate when you are exposed to erotic stimuli. Seeing others naked (including people having sex) is the default. Other mods can also increase your exposure for other things, like DD's vibrating plugs. Simple.

Time Rate is your innate need for sex. The higher it is the more addicted to sex and orgasms you are. You multiply the time rate by the time since your last orgasm, add the Exposure, and that gives your current arousal score. So right after sex you are satiated, but over time you will become more aroused. Also note that arousal is capped at 100.

The Decay Rate is what keeps you from going insane with need eventually. I don't know if the math is done once every decay rate, or if if is applied in smaller chunks more frequently. Anyway, cutting 1/3rd off your exposure shows how that element of your arousal will drop over time if you aren't exposed to anything new. Time Rate is more complicated, the 1/3rd reduction will reduce its contribution to your arousal, but since time has passed the time since last orgasm has increased, which increases the total contribution again. What ends up happening is that for the first few days, the increase in time since last orgasm more than makes up for dropping the Time Rate by 1/3rd, so your Arousal grows. But go long enough without sex, then additional time will not be able to make up for the drop in the Time Rate, and your arousal will drop again.

Finally, every time you have sex your Time Rate will increase, so if you have a lot of sex your need for more will go up, but if you manage to abstain you will eventually have little sex drive.

So to summarize, Exposure and Time Rate are active variables, in that the game keeps updating them. The Exposure Rate and Decay Rate are the config variables. Exposure rate will govern how quickly you will be aroused by seeing nudity and such. Decay Rate will govern how quickly you "calm down" again after being aroused.

I hope that helps.

I will answer with my understanding, I don't guarantee I am 100% right.

Arousal is driven by two factors. Exposure is your exposure to erotic stimuli ... that is being aroused by eternal factors. Time rate is your innate need for sex. It is a little more complicated.

Exposure increases by your exposure rate when you are exposed to erotic stimuli. Seeing others naked (including people having sex) is the default. Other mods can also increase your exposure for other things, like DD's vibrating plugs. Simple.

Time Rate is your innate need for sex. The higher it is the more addicted to sex and orgasms you are. You multiply the time rate by the time since your last orgasm, add the Exposure, and that gives your current arousal score. So right after sex you are satiated, but over time you will become more aroused. Also note that arousal is capped at 100.

The Decay Rate is what keeps you from going insane with need eventually. I don't know if the math is done once every decay rate, or if if is applied in smaller chunks more frequently. Anyway, cutting 1/3rd off your exposure shows how that element of your arousal will drop over time if you aren't exposed to anything new. Time Rate is more complicated, the 1/3rd reduction will reduce its contribution to your arousal, but since time has passed the time since last orgasm has increased, which increases the total contribution again. What ends up happening is that for the first few days, the increase in time since last orgasm more than makes up for dropping the Time Rate by 1/3rd, so your Arousal grows. But go long enough without sex, then additional time will not be able to make up for the drop in the Time Rate, and your arousal will drop again.

Finally, every time you have sex your Time Rate will increase, so if you have a lot of sex your need for more will go up, but if you manage to abstain you will eventually have little sex drive.

So to summarize, Exposure and Time Rate are active variables, in that the game keeps updating them. The Exposure Rate and Decay Rate are the config variables. Exposure rate will govern how quickly you will be aroused by seeing nudity and such. Decay Rate will govern how quickly you "calm down" again after being aroused.

I hope that helps.

Hmmm so lower Decay Rate means it happens faster or slower then? Like what would be the theoretical difference of 0.1 and 10. Im sure I got Exposure rate right, that just means it goes up faster or slower so higher would be more and lower is less.

Dam that approach mod is really old and the whistle sound fx is terrible. Wasn't there some mod out there that had to do with whistling for a horse and the sound fx for that was really good? Maybe aroused redux could simply cause any npc within a configurable distance that is not currently in dialogue and has line of sight of player could do the whistle animation and a loud whistle sound fx as long as the player is: highly aroused/wearing a whore outfit from maria eden v2/ both. Things could be set in mcm?

Convenient Horses has a nice whistle, a bunch of different ones really, and a whistle learning system where you have to practice whistling at people and gradually get better.

Hmmm so lower Decay Rate means it happens faster or slower then? Like what would be the theoretical difference of 0.1 and 10. Im sure I got Exposure rate right, that just means it goes up faster or slower so higher would be more and lower is less.

A lower decay rate would mean you lose arousal faster if I have it right. It sounds a little backwards that way. :)

Good to see this mod is still getting attention.  You may or may not still be updating the mod, but I thought I would draw attention to a certain conundrum and ask for advice on how to tackle it.

The origin of the problem is this: SexLab does not actually maintain a "time since last orgasm" statistic.  The "days since last sex" is generally the same thing, but when it's not, it's a problem.  I use mods which take advantage of SexLab's paired animations to achieve certain things.  Breastfeeding, Puppet Master Swallow activities, other things that are effectively just foreplay but which might not conveniently carry the foreplay tag.

SLA seems to try to reference an internal days-since-orgasm statistic, but, in the end, seems to always resort to SexLab's days-since-sex statistic.  The result is that all of these non-orgasm animations cause all of the SLA stats for the actors to reset, forcing arousal to square one, when in fact the opposite probably would make better sense, ie the acts should serve to increase arousal.

I've tried a number of things to get around this, including forcibly reverting every SLA variable after it's done resetting them, but ultimately the issue stems from SLA's reliance on SexLab's days-since-sex variable, which I have had zero luck manipulating.

I figure if SLA could be tweaked so that its (I assume) internal days-since-orgasm stat functioned the way it was seemingly intended, rather than defaulting to SexLab 100% of the time, this might resolve the issue.

I'll have to have a look at this when I get the time.