Hey all, sorry for dropping off the radar, I'm ok. Just not right in the head for the moment. I've lost my 'zazz' and interest in the mod, due to life issues and other things sapping my creativity and turning me into an apathetic mess with zero motivation. Hoping to get interest back at somepoint, but am also happy to pass everything over to someone who thinks they can finish the mod from the giant mess of files I have created. To be honest it will probably need a team of people to sort it all out and quite a few gigs of data to dig through and make sense of.

I've also been in contact with Porsche, so no need to worry there. Once again, life just getting in the way of things.

I hope all is well with you, Kritta!  I love your published mods and I've been following this one since the very beginning.   :)

Would you mind if I ask what you had left to finish for the initial release?  Last I remember it was rigging the male hairstyles and creating race-specific ArmorAddons.

Now, creating unique armor instances for every armor seems a bit ambitious- especially if you'd intended to do it all manually.  I'm pretty sure it's possible to inherit/share armor models with Khajiit or Argonians- which I realize wouldn't quite fit the Lykaios head, but it would at least be passable for a number of helmets.  In addition, it would be more compatible with other mods.

If I remember correctly, you also had digitigrade legs planned for the initial release.  It's another neat feature but, once again, seems pretty ambitious for an initial release.  It would be super cool, but- as I understand it- would require reworks on every single piece of armor.  It's worth noting that there are other mod authors working on digitigrade or beast-like legs that could presumably be made compatible with the Lykaios race.

From what I've seen, your textures, meshes, and facial morphs alone make the mod totally passable.  It's really cool that you're looking to go above and beyond, but there's a lot of work in doing so- especially as a lone developer.

If there's anything I could do to help you finish the mod, please let me know.  I'm not an expert in anything, but I'm fairly familiar with the creation kit, have a bit of experience with texturing, and might be looking to do some voice acting- if that's something you're still considering at this point.  I don't feel that you should hand over the reins just yet, but I would suggest seeking help from other mod authors to take some of the workload off of yourself.

I do, however, totally understand if current circumstances don't allow you to continue developing the mod.  Seeing your project grow has been really exciting and I hope that- if necessary- it is passed on to someone as dedicated as you.

Best wishes!

Hey all, sorry for dropping off the radar, I'm ok. Just not right in the head for the moment. I've lost my 'zazz' and interest in the mod, due to life issues and other things sapping my creativity and turning me into an apathetic mess with zero motivation. Hoping to get interest back at somepoint, but am also happy to pass everything over to someone who thinks they can finish the mod from the giant mess of files I have created. To be honest it will probably need a team of people to sort it all out and quite a few gigs of data to dig through and make sense of.

I've also been in contact with Porsche, so no need to worry there. Once again, life just getting in the way of things.

I hope all is well with you, Kritta!  I love your published mods and I've been following this one since the very beginning.   :)

Would you mind if I ask what you had left to finish for the initial release?  Last I remember it was rigging the male hairstyles and creating race-specific ArmorAddons.

Now, creating unique armor instances for every armor seems a bit ambitious- especially if you'd intended to do it all manually.  I'm pretty sure it's possible to inherit/share armor models with Khajiit or Argonians- which I realize wouldn't quite fit the Lykaios head, but it would at least be passable for a number of helmets.  In addition, it would be more compatible with other mods.

If I remember correctly, you also had digitigrade legs planned for the initial release.  It's another neat feature but, once again, seems pretty ambitious for an initial release.  It would be super cool, but- as I understand it- would require reworks on every single piece of armor.  It's worth nothing that there are other mod authors working on digitigrade or beast-like legs that could presumably be made compatible with the Lykaios race.

From what I've seen, your textures, meshes, and facial morphs alone make the mod totally passable.  It's really cool that you're looking to go above and beyond, but there's a lot of work in doing so- especially as a lone developer.

If there's anything I could do to help you finish the mod, please let me know.  I'm not an expert in anything, but I'm fairly familiar with the creation kit, have a bit of experience with texturing, and might be looking to do some voice acting- if that's something you're still considering at this point.  I don't feel that you should hand over the reins just yet, but I would suggest seeking help from other mod authors to take some of the workload off of yourself.

I do, however, totally understand if current circumstances don't allow you to continue developing the mod.  Seeing your project grow has been really exciting and I hope that- if necessary- it is passed on to someone as dedicated as you.

Best wishes!

I'm thinking once I get my mojo back I'm going to just release the basic version with no race specific armors (ie, they borrow khajiit armors and there won't be any head gear which fits) and then that will be it.

I still need to finish the child race, fix the vampire morphs and add the NPCs (they are going to be SUPER basic now, since I've lost my motivation.

If anyone wants to step up after the mod is released and make the NPCs into something more than just carbon copy followers with vanilla dialogue that would be amazing. I'll have them 'there' in all their custom skinned glory, but they will just be mindless pretty things until someone can make them into more 3 dimensional characters. At least you'll be able to see other Lykaios in the game, and thats all that matters for now.

So I've cancelled plans for:

custom voice types, digitigrade skeleton (the feet still LOOK digitigrade, but the knees are in the normal plantigrade position), custom race specific armos (lykaios tribal clothing, mesh is done for females, but not males and neither are exported for skyrim or rigged)

other than that everything else is pretty much ready to go, I just need to fix the hairs properly and make sure they are all entered into CK properly.

If I remember correctly, you also had digitigrade legs planned for the initial release.  It's another neat feature but, once again, seems pretty ambitious for an initial release.  It would be super cool, but- as I understand it- would require reworks on every single piece of armor.  It's worth nothing that there are other mod authors working on digitigrade or beast-like legs that could presumably be made compatible with the Lykaios race.

Best wishes!

I'm thinking once I get my mojo back I'm going to just release the basic version with no race specific armors (ie, they borrow khajiit armors and there won't be any head gear which fits) and then that will be it.

I still need to finish the child race, fix the vampire morphs and add the NPCs (they are going to be SUPER basic now, since I've lost my motivation.

If anyone wants to step up after the mod is released and make the NPCs into something more than just carbon copy followers with vanilla dialogue that would be amazing. I'll have them 'there' in all their custom skinned glory, but they will just be mindless pretty things until someone can make them into more 3 dimensional characters. At least you'll be able to see other Lykaios in the game, and thats all that matters for now.

So I've cancelled plans for:

custom voice types, digitigrade skeleton (the feet still LOOK digitigrade, but the knees are in the normal plantigrade position), custom race specific armos (lykaios tribal clothing, mesh is done for females, but not males and neither are exported for skyrim or rigged)

other than that everything else is pretty much ready to go, I just need to fix the hairs properly and make sure they are all entered into CK properly.

I'm pretty sad to see there are cancelled plans at all. I think the tribal armors would have looked pretty awesome, but I'm also sad to see the custom voices be cut as well.

On that note, It sucks tjat you're going through all the personal bs and such and I hope things definitely get better for you Kritta and everything works out ok. We've been waiting months we can wait a little longer if it means the mod gets out as you intended it to be originally. It's sad to see potential amazing projects become a shell of what they were supposed to be because personal issues kept them from finishing everything. You definitely can make this mod awesome, and by seeing the WIP's on tumblr, the ideas you had for the Lykaios and what You've gotten done so far has absolutely blown my expectations away. Seriously though, take all of the time you think you need. Dont let your bad spots in your life right now shut down your creativity, or your ability to make something you love doing not happen the way you wanted.

But also i understand. I'm a digital artist. I come home from work and I dont feel like drawing even though i always want to or know i should. I understand how you feel so i definitely dont mind waiting.

Long story short, You're doing amazing work and i'd love to see you keep at it, and seeing as how you're not in a good place to finish right now, dont try and stress yourself out over it or cut things you would have liked. There's no need to rush awesomeness just take your time. Most of the waiting fans can live with waiting months longer if it means it'll be perfect and great. Take care of your personal life and everything that goes with that as much as you need to.

• 3 weeks later...

oh lord if I could have one race mod on the special edition, it would be the lykaios legacy or otherwise :P. Anyway hope your doing well Kritta and know that no matter what your choice is on the mod, I still appreciate everything you have done for us (The community) and myself. I absolutely cannot play skyrim without your true wolves mod. No idea where bethesda got their wolf model idea, but GOD that was one UGLY looking lethargic mutt, no where NEAR the beauty of a true wolf. Again, Thank you for all you have done for this community and know that no matter what you decide, I will always play your mods with a smile!

Hi i'm sad to see this project aborted, I expected that output for playing skyrim agains

It's not exactly abandoned, in fact, it's being worked on. It just won't have all of the features that were said at first, although the texture update(and I think schlongs just for the males..and probably females) will be there.

Hey, Lykaios lovers, I promised this a while back and finally got it up: Bad Dog's Lykaios Schlong

It is not of the quality that either Kitty or PorscheDog would provide, but it's the best I can do and it lets your Lykaios characters go out and have fun. It's semi-animated through several stages of arousal and fully SOS-animated at full arousal.

Good thoughts going out to Kitty and PorscheDog! Life sucks sometimes but it's better than the alternative.

Do you have concept art or something for the Lykaios race armors? I'm not much of an artist, but I might be able to do something with them.

well i am in suspense i got a great looking skyrim and now i am anxiously awaiting progress on this mod to pair with it thumbs up to kritta , here is hoping we see somthing soon :)

I'm in the same boat as this guy. I've got my skyrim all set up. I'm just waiting for kritta's mod to be the icing on the cake while i thoroughly test run my game lol Good luck Kritta :D 

well i am in suspense i got a great looking skyrim and now i am anxiously awaiting progress on this mod to pair with it thumbs up to kritta , here is hoping we see somthing soon :)

I'm in the same boat as this guy. I've got my skyrim all set up. I'm just waiting for kritta's mod to be the icing on the cake while i thoroughly test run my game lol Good luck Kritta :D

I promised myself I wouldn't load up Skyrim SE until the Lykaios race mod was out again, and I could change Serana back into a kitty. Hopefully that day will be soon...

I promised myself I wouldn't load up Skyrim SE until the Lykaios race mod was out again, and I could change Serana back into a kitty. Hopefully that day will be soon...

Not to be a downer, but I really don't see the hype with Skyrim SE. All it is is a graphical update, which mostly can be achieved with nexus mods, and a stability update...which also can be achieved with nexus mods.

Not to be a downer, but I really don't see the hype with Skyrim SE. All it is is a graphical update, which mostly can be achieved with nexus mods, and a stability update...which also can be achieved with nexus mods.

Basically Bethesda saw how popular skyrim still is, so they decided they wanted to try to milk the community for some extra cash.

The 64-bit executable is what the hype is about, not the graphical upgrade. The wall which anyone who creates complex mods or makes extensive use of mods which have a heavy demand on memory have run into repeatedly will be broken down when the script extender is finished for Skyrim Special Edition.

No matter what stability mods one uses, one will run into a hard limit fairly quickly with a large mod load. The load limit will be raised to whatever one's PC can bear rather than roughly 3.1 Gigabytes.

The 64-bit executable is what the hype is about, not the graphical upgrade. The wall which anyone who creates complex mods or makes extensive use of mods which have a heavy demand on memory have run into repeatedly will be broken down when the script extender is finished for Skyrim Special Edition.

No matter what stability mods one uses, one will run into a hard limit fairly quickly with a large mod load. The load limit will be raised to whatever one's PC can bear rather than roughly 3.1 Gigabytes.

Exactly this! I have played about 40 hours so far, and it is sooo more stable than original skyrim with mods to stabilize it, it loads distances much better, I rarely even see any kind of texture popping at all. Only time game has crashed on me it because I have over 100 mods so far, which I would be lucky to get on original skyrim without modding memory blocks to hell and back.

Hey, Lykaios lovers, I promised this a while back and finally got it up: Bad Dog's Lykaios Schlong

It is not of the quality that either Kitty or PorscheDog would provide, but it's the best I can do and it lets your Lykaios characters go out and have fun. It's semi-animated through several stages of arousal and fully SOS-animated at full arousal.

Good thoughts going out to Kitty and PorscheDog! Life sucks sometimes but it's better than the alternative.

Do you have concept art or something for the Lykaios race armors? I'm not much of an artist, but I might be able to do something with them.

Hey mate, thanks for stepping in and tiding over these rambunctious pups! :)

Ever since the 'remaster' dropped, I've been wanting to get back into the swing of things but with the internal warfar of buy new car or buy new workstation... well, you can only imagine what a difficult choice that is for me lol

To everyone else; I want to apologize.

Reason for my disappearance is simply no thanks to General Motors and my mismanagement of personal time (when I do get it). I've made a terrible mistake thinking I could get ahead in life (financially) by going to work for them yet all I've done to myself is be cheated out of free-time and more importantly, I feel like I've abandoned this mod despite trying to be vigilant.

As of now, I'm still working for the company but hoping to change that VERY soon to something with steady work hours that I can actually properly plan around instead of being 'on notice' 7days a week.

Now you're likely thinking &/or askin' "Hmmm, Skyrim: SE is out... will he...?"

The answer is a big nasty-n-greasy obese maybe. As of now, the game is too new and mods are still pouring in by the hundreds it seems but nothing that would make this doable... not to mention the fact it seems 'those' mods are regulated by Bethesda Net. Can't imagine ol' Bethy would appreciate seeing smut mods from the likes of our little underground cove known as LoversLab, now would they?

Until then, whenever SKSE64 surfaces (IF it or something similar does) I may be on a new job with a solid schedule (here's to hoping *toasts with whole bottle of rum*)

To be crystal:

This mod (my add-on or... at very least, the modeling of the add-on) is not dead; it's merely being put to the side until further notice.

However, the 32bit endevour is done and has been done; that finished model is what I've given open source permissions for (but not to be used in paid mods, that includes donations).

This mod only lives on for the reason of I'd like to have a go at the 64bit agriculture, perhaps I can freely model without being restrained to silly rules as I was for 32.

We'll see.