It's not that you've been ignored, it's that it's been a long time between updates. Things happen, and plans change.

Looking back though the thread:

Borzoi said Kritta was mailing the assets to him on a harddrive last June and he'd post when he got it. So far he hasn't. Even snail-mail is not that slow, so I, at least, suspect something has happened to throw off the plan.

You had indicated you were trying to contact Kritta, but hadn't heard anything. If you do get the assets and release them, that's wonderful, but Kritta has gone silent, to my knowledge.

I've contacted both people involved with this. Both Kritta and Porsche Dog saying I'll happily get the assets ingame and release the mod as is. My messages have been read and ignored and nothing else has surfaced of it. So do consider this dead.

Can't ignore what hasn't been received/read, to begin with. Might want to choose your wording wisely next time, mate :P

I can't speak for Kitty, no clue when she was last on; however, for me, I've been away for at very least 2 months.

Anyway, my point is, don't get rumours started with skewed or untrue context :)

To the public/masses:

My reason for logging on was to indeed check if there were any messages I may have gotten during my hiatus and to check the status of SKSE64 extender (of which, seems to be making progress. This means I may have the obligation to spring back into action!).

So what does this mean for me?

Well, given my lack of coding ability ('less it's HTML5 and CSS with a touch of Java), I'd still be utterly useless with implementation. About the only thing I'm good for is, you guessed it, modelling and UV maps.

So, while I may refine this and have it ready-n-waiting for a modder to port my works into the game, that's about all I'm good for... unless one of you chaps is feeling gutsy enough to undertake the task of teaching me the basics of coding for games such as this, then by all means, reach out to me and let us figure something out :)

In the time you were away, a modder named baddog made a working sheath system that multiple beast race mods have taken advantage of. Ex. Sharkmer race, everything in yiffy age of skyrim. I recall that being what you were trying to get working back before your hiatus, you might want to check on him, he might be able to use your assets to finish up the Lykaios Sheath, pretty sure he made an impromptu version himself already, a year or so ago, at least. Maybe even blaz69 could work on stuff? He's made one of the most impressive anthro custom races aside from lykaios.

In the time you were away, a modder named baddog made a working sheath system that multiple beast race mods have taken advantage of. Ex. Sharkmer race, everything in yiffy age of skyrim. I recall that being what you were trying to get working back before your hiatus, you might want to check on him, he might be able to use your assets to finish up the Lykaios Sheath, pretty sure he made an impromptu version himself already, a year or so ago, at least. Maybe even blaz69 could work on stuff? He's made one of the most impressive anthro custom races aside from lykaios.

Now now, don't give me that much credit, lol  :P. I merely tinkered and put some stuff together, but the mod wouldn't be as good as it is right now without the help from BadDog, Nightro, Kuroyami and so.

Anyway, BadDog's system basically includes several schlong meshes with different "stages" of unsheathing, from sheathed to fully erect, and swaps them depending on SOS' requested erection level (read via its anim calls). From flaccid/-9 to 0 (0 being the angle for "standard erect and perpendicular to the body") it unsheathes, and then from them on up to 9 it remains erect. It also supports SL, so that it remains erect during scenes and can bend down when appropiate without sheathing. IMHO it's not exactly pretty or seamless, but it gets the job done and is better than nothing at all.

Latest updates to the system have made it very easy to set a SOS addon up to use it, so if you can get the required stages/versions of your mesh, setting up the coding part of it would be a walk in the park  :shy:. I could guide yoi through it or even take care of it altogether if need be.

Otherwise, if you wanted to go for actual animated/ingame unsheathing, that may be possible via Bodyslide morphs or similar techniques, but noone has really tried it before that I know of and I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

I've contacted both people involved with this. Both Kritta and Porsche Dog saying I'll happily get the assets ingame and release the mod as is. My messages have been read and ignored and nothing else has surfaced of it. So do consider this dead.

Can't ignore what hasn't been received/read, to begin with. Might want to choose your wording wisely next time, mate :P

I can't speak for Kitty, no clue when she was last on; however, for me, I've been away for at very least 2 months.

Anyway, my point is, don't get rumours started with skewed or untrue context :)

Don't want to cause trouble, but I'm not lying. Maybe this site's UI is misleading or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 27.10.2017 at 2:26 AM, Giovanni1285 said:

Soo... I can assume that this mod is really dead. What a shame...

R.I.P Lykaios race 2014-2018.

I didnt even try the mod. What a pity. A great idea was drowned in the swamp of unfinishness. Or whatever this is...

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, xxsilentrevelationxx said:

If KrittaKitty hasn't been active in a year is it safe to say we can use textures/meshes from her mods in our own as long as we give proper credit? ((sorry to post this here, but it's the latest active thing KrittaKitty posted on))

I think I recall Kritta being fine with people using her assets as long as credit was provided, but I'm not completely sure. It may have come from the Permissions data in the original Lykaios page in the Nexus (which was deleted by mistake alongside all of Kritta's mods), but since the reupload/Legacy page doesn't include any permission info we can't know for sure.

But it's true the Big Bag Wolves mod was based on/used Kritta's WW retextures and it's still there, and same goes for Moonlight Tales. And for example the Better Khajiit Female textures use Lykaios assets and they are there as well. So... probably?

If I may ask, what assets do you want to use in your mod(s)?

Such a shame, neverending work in progress. Its been so many years already that most people lost hope it will be ever finished, especially without content updates or jumping in once in a year.

Shoulda just share assets in public as a resource, then someone would finish it up or lone person for himself. . .

16 minutes ago, Kaz Aanh said:

Shoulda just share assets in public as a resource, then someone would finish it up or lone person for himself. . .

Pretty sure this is what Kritta wanted to do in the end, but she went MIA before it could happen; and while there was the thing with someone else being supposed to get the files sorted out and posted on her behalf, seems like nothing came out of it.

So it's safe to assume the new assets will never see the light of day :classic_sad:.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, Blaze69 said:

I think I recall Kritta being fine with people using her assets as long as credit was provided, but I'm not completely sure. It may have come from the Permissions data in the original Lykaios page in the Nexus (which was deleted by mistake alongside all of Kritta's mods), but since the reupload/Legacy page doesn't include any permission info we can't know for sure.

But it's true the Big Bag Wolves mod was based on/used Kritta's WW retextures and it's still there, and same goes for Moonlight Tales. And for example the Better Khajiit Female textures use Lykaios assets and they are there as well. So... probably?

True Wolves of Skyrim. It said on the mod page we needed her permission first to use the assests, but I asked both her and the author mod author and have heard no response. It's been over a year, so I think it's safe to assume Kritta isn't coming back at all.

On 3/15/2018 at 12:41 PM, Blaze69 said:

I doubt she would be cross if someone dissected the mod and used its resources as long as there is proper accreditation. And if, for some reason, it is not okay; simply deleting the mod should make quick work of that.

Though, food for thought, she stated she was passing the mod to that person anyway to take over. With that bit of fact in mind, I now highly doubt there would be an issue if someone took her work, modded it then reintroduced it on the condition that she, the original creator, is accredited.

If the Legacy version is needed. I may still have an untouched copy of the .rar files I managed to save. Once I'm home, I'll take a look to be sure.

To everyone else; this chitchat of wanting the mod to continue- I'm sure I'm not the only that possibly has a clean copy of it. If those who are willing to take on the mod, why can't they take the Legacy version and go from there?

2 hours ago, Porsche_Dog said:

If the Legacy version is needed. I may still have an untouched copy of the .rar files I managed to save. Once I'm home, I'll take a look to be sure.

To everyone else; this chitchat of wanting the mod to continue- I'm sure I'm not the only that possibly has a clean copy of it. If those who are willing to take on the mod, why can't they take the Legacy version and go from there?

Getting access to the Legacy version is not a problem; it's posted in the Nexus, after all (unless you happen to have a WIP version of it previously-unreleased content, in which case it would help; but from you comment I assume that's not the case here). And yes, I'm sure Kritta would be fine with someone else using it as a base to continue development.

The actual problem is creating all the new assets. From what was shown in the WIPs and in the comments, Kritta basically rebuilt the race from the ground up, with brand new heads built from scratch, new hairs and head parts, new textures and bodies, etc. Those would have to be replicated for the update to be comparable to what the new version of the mod was supposed to be, and that would take a lot of work. Not saying it's impossible because it isn't, but it's highly unlikely to happen :classic_confused:.

14 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Getting access to the Legacy version is not a problem; it's posted in the Nexus, after all (unless you happen to have a WIP version of it previously-unreleased content, in which case it would help; but from you comment I assume that's not the case here). And yes, I'm sure Kritta would be fine with someone else using it as a base to continue development.

The actual problem is creating all the new assets. From what was shown in the WIPs and in the comments, Kritta basically rebuilt the race from the ground up, with brand new heads built from scratch, new hairs and head parts, new textures and bodies, etc. Those would have to be replicated for the update to be comparable to what the new version of the mod was supposed to be, and that would take a lot of work. Not saying it's impossible because it isn't, but it's highly unlikely to happen :classic_confused:.

The original side of things is missing but the SE 'port is still there; at least, the last time I checked multiple times due to NMM saying it's outdated only to find nothing (perhaps the I.D info is incorrect and the original is indeed still on Nexus, just not linked/titled properly?).

It's like my grandmum always told me- "I've someone has such burning desire for something; that something will happen one way or another." :tongue:

To the 'lot of work' statement; I don't think every little detail need be fret over, principally because I recall at least 2 blokes (one of them confirmed) to be getting the unfinished mod and reworking it. I'd imagine that'd still take a great deal of labour despite how much she has finished.

Simply put; there is still the faction of plebs-n-prats out there complaining but not one of them are taking action to reintroduce the mod. At least, if not with all the intricate features Kitty was adding then at very least with finesse to the core mod itself.

At this point, I think it's too little, too late. Skyrim has had a long, and very prosperous, run and the coming of SE tried to rekindle the hype as if it were 2011 again (worked on me, at least XD). I dare say that anyone looking into this anymore may find it daunting and it doesn't help that SE's script extender is still in alpha phases which drastically limits what we can really do with the game and mods for it.

50 minutes ago, Porsche_Dog said:

The original side of things is missing but the SE 'port is still there; at least, the last time I checked multiple times due to NMM saying it's outdated only to find nothing (perhaps the I.D info is incorrect and the original is indeed still on Nexus, just not linked/titled properly?).

Yep, original is still there: Lykaios Race - Legacy Version. IIRC Kritta deleted all her mods from Nexus by mistake instead of deleting only the one she wanted to and had to reupload them, thus the original/first ID not matching the reupload.

That's also the reason for the "Legacy Version" in the title and the fact that the description and images are not as detailed as the original ones; when Kritta reuploaded it she was still working on the update and thought the new version of the mod wouldn't take long to be released, so she didn't think it was necessary to spend time rewriting the description and the pics for the old version.

To the 'lot of work' statement; I don't think every little detail need be fret over, principally because I recall at least 2 blokes (one of them confirmed) to be getting the unfinished mod and reworking it. I'd imagine that'd still take a great deal of labour despite how much she has finished.

The problem is that none of the people Kritta was supposed to hand over the files to (which BTW I only recall there being one person aka @Borzoi, so not sure if your are confusing the other one with someone else or Kritta told you something about it in confidence) has shown signs of life let alone mentioned anything about the mod or its assets, so we consider those lost forever.

And to be honest, from what we saw on her Tumblr and the WIP images and stuff, there couldn't be much else left to do; and even if there was, the important and most time-consuming stuff was done and working already, i.e. brand new hi-poly head and head parts with proper morphs and expressions, new body textures, new hairs. So even if we could have access to her (IIRC) 30+ GB worth of WIP data and assets, it would be relatively easy to clean them up and join the pieces together to have a proper working new version of the mod. Again, the problem is none of us has access to the files so we can't work on what we don't have.

Simply put; there is still the faction of plebs-n-prats out there complaining but not one of them are taking action to reintroduce the mod. At least, if not with all the intricate features Kitty was adding then at very least with finesse to the core mod itself.

At this point, I think it's too little, too late. Skyrim has had a long, and very prosperous, run and the coming of SE tried to rekindle the hype as if it were 2011 again (worked on me, at least XD). I dare say that anyone looking into this anymore may find it daunting and it doesn't help that SE's script extender is still in alpha phases which drastically limits what we can really do with the game and mods for it.

For the record, SKSE64 being in alpha is just the SKSE team covering their asses in case some functions don't work as intended in the port so clueless people can't go all "hurr durr u broke me gaem :angeryface:". Most if not all the native SKSE functions are working in SE as far as I know; it's just the non-framework DLL plugins and such like SOS' or RaceMenu's that are not ported yet (then again, seems we've come a long way seeing how ports for such mods are starting to pop up).

It's not too late yet. I mean, some people are still modding for Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV. And seems like we won't have another Elder Scrolls game for quite a while, so I don't see the Skyrim modding community dying out any time soon (though slowdowns are to be expected).

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Yep, original is still there: Lykaios Race - Legacy Version. IIRC Kritta deleted all her mods from Nexus by mistake instead of deleting only the one she wanted to and had to reupload them, thus the original/first ID not matching the reupload.

That's also the reason for the "Legacy Version" in the title and the fact that the description and images are not as detailed as the original ones; when Kritta reuploaded it she was still working on the update and thought the new version of the mod wouldn't take long to be released, so she didn't think it was necessary to spend time rewriting the description and the pics for the old version.

The problem is that none of the people Kritta was supposed to hand over the files to (which BTW I only recall there being one person aka @Borzoi, so not sure if your are confusing the other one with someone else or Kritta told you something about it in confidence) has shown signs of life let alone mentioned anything about the mod or its assets, so we consider those lost forever.

And to be honest, from what we saw on her Tumblr and the WIP images and stuff, there couldn't be much else left to do; and even if there was, the important and most time-consuming stuff was done and working already, i.e. brand new hi-poly head and head parts with proper morphs and expressions, new body textures, new hairs. So even if we could have access to her (IIRC) 30+ GB worth of WIP data and assets, it would be relatively easy to clean them up and join the pieces together to have a proper working new version of the mod. Again, the problem is none of us has access to the files so we can't work on what we don't have.

For the record, SKSE64 being in alpha is just the SKSE team covering their asses in case some functions don't work as intended in the port so clueless people can't go all "hurr durr u broke me gaem :angeryface:". Most if not all the native SKSE functions are working in SE as far as I know; it's just the non-framework DLL plugins and such like SOS' or RaceMenu's that are not ported yet (then again, seems we've come a long way seeing how ports for such mods are starting to pop up).

It's not too late yet. I mean, some people are still modding for Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV. And seems like we won't have another Elder Scrolls game for quite a while, so I don't see the Skyrim modding community dying out any time soon (though slowdowns are to be expected).

Borzoi, yep. Also, Gayton Kerslut boasts attempting to take on the mod as well to which I question his validity. And now that I've checked my Skype history, Kitty did mention someone else contacted her about taking on the mod but gave no name. So technically, actually 3 folk have inquired with only one being genuinely serious.

As for breaking the game, well. I think folks have managed to do that even with the SKSE original, more than they care to count xD

But ja, if someone is actually serious about seeing this mod upgraded or at very least finessed, the legacy version would be a good, and only- for now, starting point. I'd be willing to lend my services for custom mesh work again. However, it'd be just that and nothing more since I don't know coding for games and their structures. If someone could put it to me in 'dumb-speak' then I'm sure I'd mildly catch on (fat chance).

• 2 months later...