So like.. how do Lykaios textures fair in ENBs and the like? I've seen some streamers using mods that make the game look more... cell-shaded? best term I could use to describe it. I recently bought myself a new and more powerful laptop to game on, and I'm able to run the game smooth as butter on Ultra graphics atm. So now I'm tempted to up the graphical quality past just having the HD texture DLC and various mods that make more fixes and the like to various textures rather than making them look better.

• 1 month later...

Since the rollback of the forums wiped everything this is just a FYI for those who haven't checked the forum lately:

Yes this is still happening, but I have been super busy and so has Porsche.
I finally have some free time to do some work on it though so I'm hoping to get it done ASAP.

Kritta

How is the job app Kritta? Did you get any reply? Being someone who graduated and was unemployed for two years (Got one a couple of months ago), I know how it feels to not have a job, so I wish you the best of luck!

No reply yet, but it is a APS (Government) job. They can take weeeeeeeeks to get back to you.... *sigh*.  Still applying for other retail jobs while I wait to hear back, and doing some work on the mod :D.

Shit hit the fan here :/ I am still around though.

As of now, I'm at the final stretch, just need to figure out how to make a clean export to .tri now that I've figured out how to successfully animate using both rigging and keys.

Anyway, here it is. Showcasing functionality and structure. Paid close attention to fine detail; shouldn't be any clipping.

I'll try to get back on it next weekend but with 3 jobs and a family crisis finally settling, it may not be speedy after all.

Sheer curiosity speaking here but, in relation to animation (you know, the .hkx stuff) how difficult would it be to make animations within Blender then import to skyrim? As a future plan, I may try to get my feet wet with animation then putting them into Skyrim. Problem I have is I know not how to go about doing that. Is it as simple as drag-n-drop all the appropriate files to folders or is there scripting involved?

If anyone is willing to tutor me through this, PM me or if there is a good fundamentals tutorial somewhere, point me in that direction.

PS: This is just a future goal (likely given in the forms of updates) but for now I just want to get this finished and once the family leaves I may be able to ditch one of these jobs to get more free time.

Sheer curiosity speaking here but, in relation to animation (you know, the .hkx stuff) how difficult would it be to make animations within Blender then import to skyrim? As a future plan, I may try to get my feet wet with animation then putting them into Skyrim. Problem I have is I know not how to go about doing that. Is it as simple as drag-n-drop all the appropriate files to folders or is there scripting involved?

If anyone is willing to tutor me through this, PM me or if there is a good fundamentals tutorial somewhere, point me in that direction.

PS: This is just a future goal (likely given in the forms of updates) but for now I just want to get this finished and once the family leaves I may be able to ditch one of these jobs to get more free time.

What about animated objects? Like in this mod, "http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53950/?".

I too would like to know more about this, since I want to make Creature animations, but only have Blender as a resource.

I too would like to know more about this, since I want to make Creature animations, but only have Blender as a resource.

Blender is a pain for skyrim animation porting , 3Dmax is way better

Blender is a pain for skyrim animation porting , 3Dmax is way better

I refuse to partake in anymore Autodesk tools (unless pirated...) they've terrible support towards loyal customers (those of us with personal, non-commercial, licenses.)

I've settled with Blender, unless another great CG client comes along but even still I wouldn't have 3k to dump into another risky investment.

On the otherhand, if you've knowledge about animation porting from Blender, do you mind sharing or are you just reciting what the bandwagon does?

Holy crap that new twitter updater of the lykaios is -INCREDIBLY- cute, and it's actually starting to make me a LITTLE impatient..and I'm usually a patient person. xD

Twitter? You don't mean tumblr?

If it's the same thing as what's on Kritta's tumblr, then yes, that is very cute! Sounds like it's nearly finished too!

Holy crap that new twitter updater of the lykaios is -INCREDIBLY- cute, and it's actually starting to make me a LITTLE impatient..and I'm usually a patient person. xD

Twitter? You don't mean tumblr?

If it's the same thing as what's on Kritta's tumblr, then yes, that is very cute! Sounds like it's nearly finished too!

Tumblr! Yes, that, I guess I was so excited I forgot what it was. xD

I intentionally keep blender 2.49b and then latest verison installed to address these types of issues, heh... Could install old blender to use the old .tri import plugin. Sometimes, this causes python pathing problems, but if you use the .zip version, should be okay.

This has worked for me. Command line interface only, a little clunky, but it works and is straight forward. There are probably some tools that are less clunky..

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30162/?

Text file controls it. Base file is something like Base.obj . Each of the morphs are extracted as Base_morphname.obj with a text file listing the base file on the first line, then each morph file after. To create a .tri , add the base model file as the first line of a text file, and each morph after, following that naming convention.

The OBJ files should have as a first line (right above all the v "X.xxx Y.yyy Z.zzz" lines) the text "o morphname". So file looks like

o Base
v  ....
v ....
v ...

and

o morphname
v ...
v ...
v ...

I don't usually use blender for these tasks, so... not that familiar. For blender, the idea for using a sequence of similar meshes is "shapekeys". It looks like all that the original .tri importer did was parse the .tri file, get the different morphs as data (like, just .obj files, basically), and then import each one by one, applying them as shapekeys to the base mesh.

If you can find a way to import a directory of .obj's as shape morphs for a mesh in blender, that's basically the same thing. I can't seem to find one though... I'm kinda surprised it doesn't exist.

Try this.. It's a frankenstein blender import plugin for .tri files. I took the original file and several others that had similar workflows and tried to cobble them together. I think it works to import. No export yet. I have no idea what attribution requirements are. The scripts all have gpl postings, so I think they can be reused without problem as long as the gpl is still in them and no money is charged.

Exporting can still work, just annoyingly. Can export each shape as .obj one at a time and use the tool above to pack them into a .tri file.

I notice that .tri files that come from the game have a different format than the ones that the Bodyslide program creates. Even the original blender plugin can't read those. I think the tool above can. The plugin will have to be adjusted more to get those files imported, as well.

For getting started with shape keys, tihs was a little helpful: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDZcmAWL2jA

As a note, apparently blender plugin Python code is not sandboxed... Yikes. I certify that this plugin downloaded from this post is fine, but don't attach and run plugins from random sources without reviewing the code first.

io_import_trinew.7z