Is it just me, or do the textures for the new facial hair strongly resemble the Khajiit textures used in ESO?

Yeah they do look similar (since you can only do so much with hand painting hair in photoshop) but despite that, all the textures for this I have made myself from scratch so I can guarantee they havent been 'borrowed' from ESO. (I dont have ESO...)

Even if ESO is a bit shit, the hair textures are still waaaaay better than vanilla Skyrim so I dont mind my work looking similar! Lol!

Is it just me, or do the textures for the new facial hair strongly resemble the Khajiit textures used in ESO?

Yeah they do look similar (since you can only do so much with hand painting hair in photoshop) but despite that, all the textures for this I have made myself from scratch so I can guarantee they havent been 'borrowed' from ESO. (I dont have ESO...)

Even if ESO is a bit shit, the hair textures are still waaaaay better than vanilla Skyrim so I dont mind my work looking similar! Lol!

How long does it generally take to make those textures look right? And what's the process you go by to make them?

A little while to paint each texture, maybe a few hours each texture? depends how tired I am.

This type of process is similar to what I do with creating hair, and I have my own custom made brushes to make the alpha edges really crisp and clean.

I'm aiming for a 'lore friendly' rough hair kind of look, so my hair textures are a little rough and chunky.

this is one of the 6 hair textures I have so far for the 20 different meshes. (this version is low res, my photoshop WIP is 2k)

KKhwdYO.jpg

A little while to paint each texture, maybe a few hours each texture? depends how tired I am.

This type of process is similar to what I do with creating hair, and I have my own custom made brushes to make the alpha edges really crisp and clean.

I'm aiming for a 'lore friendly' rough hair kind of look, so my hair textures are a little rough and chunky.

this is one of the 6 hair textures I have so far for the 20 different meshes. (this version is low res, my photoshop WIP is 2k)

KKhwdYO.jpg

Hm, interesting. Sure seems like it could be quite a tedious process once you started added the fine hairs.

So I've done it! :D

Got intouch with a nice chap on SL who gave me some rather advanced insights to shapekey usage. Turns out the most daunting bit will be making everything move within an arc smoothly. If not, then I can always rekindle the base and make it pivot instead (ultra unrealistic and likely would be VERY painful to the host if it were real but it's my scapegoat for making this work in the meantime!)

Nothing done to the sheath yet, that will be the easy (yet tediously long) part. The phallus is the main concern here in it's full soft state.

post-105294-0-04037300-1440991198_thumb.png

I've still yet to figure out how it will 'pop' in and out due to how SoS calls upon erections; no varying speeds. So what I may have to do is hardwire it into the mesh itself. This way, if my ideas are straight, it would have a dedicated erection animation and a dedicated animation for retracting.

Thoughts on that method?

4 days without replies, to be honest thats surprising since almost everyday I see a new reply on here.

<SNIP> I'm getting some leads from the Second Life Blender groups but of course, all of those are orientated to work with Second Life, the fun bit is figuring out how to make it work for Skyrim's engine.

Perks! Second Life? You know if you took your model and rigged it, even if you only did just the head, digilegs, hands and tail and use SL base body (or as I normally use my Mesh body which I apply the skin to instead for the much smoother rounder effect) you could make some nice side income on 'Avatar Sales". If you need someplace to do that at or such, hit me up NeroGoth Nightfire. I mod like bejeebes inworld but not a 'blender' / creator sort, if you need any in world help / otherwise (mod my own skins, clothing, etc.). 

<SNIP>

For a while I did setup shop on SL but that was back way-when sculpts were all the rage. Now that mesh is rampid it's become a little more complicated to get things done considering mesh requires heavy scripting to function as intended. I may get back to it though, I'd just need to figure out where to setup shop.

The otherside of the table is their ToS for mesh creations. Before, it was super aggressive of if anything so much as looked like a licensed real world product, I could get in serious trouble. It may have been reworked and a lot subtle now but that kind of discouraged me.

Has a SIM and can (as we did for another) set out a store for your use if you like. Hit me up in world (best on weekends) with a NC and I can link you, you can take a look, if you like. We like to help others as we got helped out. Heh just got a Mesh building much lower LI so was swapping my store building out next too LOL!  Let me know if we can be any help. 

Speaking of digi-grade legs and stuff, I sorta wish someone would revive the mod that made boots digi for Argonians and Khajiit, and through effect Lykaios, and make it compatible with leg armor from mods and stuff. I literally have to choose between using Armor mods or having pretty digi-grade legs since if I have both, leg armor from mods won't actually 'count' as being equipped despite wearing them, and you can then wear any vanilla leg armor WITH it. So say you put on the Ranger leg armor from Immersive Armors, you could then also throw on Leather boots, and it'd be like you're wearing both at the same time. It's really weird.

Oh! I had a thought on the whole voice thing. I know that it'd only really be a stand in till the Lykaios can have their OWN voice, but Perhaps you could extend the use of the Nord voice to everything? not just the grunting sounds. I mention this because that other mod that you used the tail from, a Fennec Fox race mod I believe, basically copied over the Khajiit voicepack for all of race's voices. I never actually got far enough to legitimately test if shouts had the Khajiit voice used with the Fox race mod but ah well. 

But yeah I doubt anyone would mind having the full Nord voicepack used while an actual Lykaios voice was in the works :P.

Edit: I had JUST caught up on what all has transpired while I've been on an overall skyrim hiatus >.>. Dat Season 4 on Diablo III hype :D.

LITTLEbig update!

So I've just about got the animation sorted out and about to run into yet another major obstical... How the heck do I get this thing out of Blender, over to nif while retaining it's animation data?!

I was told that .obj might work but since I've yet to get that far, I wanted to be proactive on the matter and rattle some minds while things still calm here.

Thoughts/solutions?

And before someone flips and presents a rhetorical question, the phallus isn't tilting or shrinking in overall size yet because I have to figure out an alternate way to make those animations. Shapekeys make verts move on a linear path; ie, the absolute direct path possible and that obviously wouldn't be very life-like.

I'm likely going to have to add an armature to the phallus to control rot.loc.scal values fro proper movement and shrinkage.

PS: It's not subnerfed for the sake of not blowing up me mate's comp. Old GPU and doesn't have cuda support :P

Long time watcher - love to come back and see so much freaking progress on all fronts. Holy goodness, it's not often you find devs dedicated to put in this amount of time. Keep up the awesome work!

PS: I struggle to use Blender, coming from Maya, but I use a lot of other freeware extensively. If Blender is at all similar to GIMP or Audacity or the like (steep learning curve, not user friendly, ridiculoiusly powerful, held as the paramount program by delusional Linux enthusiasts...so I'm going to guess yes...) there should just be a plugin for Blender to save and convert to nif. I don't know if that's what you need at all but I'd guess such a plugin exists and is actually quite a snap to use, like LAME for mp3s in Audacity.

How the heck do I get this thing out of Blender, over to nif while retaining it's animation data?!

I was told that .obj might work

I know nothing of blender UI and how it names the things, but this looks totally like morphs. It would be the "option 3" in the PM I sent you some time ago.

If it's so, to store the "animation data" you don't need a nif file, but a tri file. Tri files can be made using two obj files, which are the same mesh, one with "shape value" 0 and the other with 1.

Tri file only stores vertices differences AFAIK, no animation data.

EDIT: yes these are morphs. Here is some info I found on google about tris and blender.

However I know other methods to make the tri files, if you manage to export the two obj I could make a working nif to use in game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14589/?

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Working_with_Skyrim_head_TRIs

How the heck do I get this thing out of Blender, over to nif while retaining it's animation data?!

I was told that .obj might work

I know nothing of blender UI and how it names the things, but this looks totally like morphs. It would be the "option 3" in the PM I sent you some time ago.

If it's so, to store the "animation data" you don't need a nif file, but a tri file. Tri files can be made using two obj files, which are the same mesh, one with "shape value" 0 and the other with 1.

Tri file only stores vertices differences AFAIK, no animation data.

EDIT: yes these are morphs. Here is some info I found on google about tris and blender.

However I know other methods to make the tri files, if you manage to export the two obj I could make a working nif to use in game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14589/?

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Working_with_Skyrim_head_TRIs

Golden! :D

I likely won't be able to delve into it this weekend (family matters and car nearly blew up, so I have to fix that now lol) but once I get back from holiday, I'll be on the matter.

I can't remember if I've asked already but, would a tri system allow for intermediate states? Like, the bloke is just becoming aroused, not 100% but let's say 34% there... A tingle in the trousers, if you will.

Will this method be capable of that?

Yes, there are intermediate statesThe constraints are same textures and same weights in all the states.You can use more than one morph at the same time with different values, if this helps.

Gotcha! Well I'll be continuing this route of R&DD the following weekend then!

Damn, b3lisario beat me to it. I was gonna tell you to consult him.

No matter! Looks like we just jumped a mile towards the final product we've been waiting for!

:D

Flip ja! And now that I have some animation skill/knowledge under me, hopefully future new projects won't be as time consuming!

Damn that looks good Porsche, really damn good. I hope it can be made compatible for other races (and werewolves! :D )

Specifically for this race, actually. However, I could make some for the other mentioned races once this is completed.

If you did, would it be easiest to just use this one as a base?

Also, amazing job! Can't wait for the finished product!