Quick question to make sure I'm getting things right: are you planning on releasing a SoS version with no .tri morphs, just the straight up mesh as a basic addon to tide people over until you finish the full version?

There is one already finished, just need to get the rest of the mod done and release the whole thing :)

Ooooooh looks good, also would you be willing to add a female/bodyslide version?

for which body? The way I have made this new version you have the choice of using any body re-placer available, I've made texture variants for them already and will be including the most popular bodies (or instructions on how to ad your custom body) in the installer.

Hey Kritta, I know this would add to your workload so it's just an idea for maybe a future add-on, but would you be able to add a part for modding the Lykaios to look like Red XIII's race from Final Fantasy 7? The only thing that would be needed for the Lykaios to look like them is the tail really, since the hair.ect you've been working on from what I can see would already be suitable enough.

I remembered you mentioning about adding parts for people to mix and match to create other species, so would a tail like this one be able to be added as well? I don't expect the fire on it to be animated, just a shape that looks like it would be fine enough.

Ooooooh looks good, also would you be willing to add a female/bodyslide version?

for which body? The way I have made this new version you have the choice of using any body re-placer available, I've made texture variants for them already and will be including the most popular bodies (or instructions on how to ad your custom body) in the installer.

I think he's reffering to a generic BodySlide file so it matches up 100% seamlessly regardless of one's BS presets, similar to what EvilReflex did here.

Would be worth looking at.

I think he's reffering to a generic BodySlide file so it matches up 100% seamlessly regardless of one's BS presets, similar to what EvilReflex did here.

Yea was talking about the dog dong, and if there was a chance to get a female version ( I NEED MA FUTA'S DAMMIT) with a bodyslide option so that it will line up properly so there wouldn't be gaps.

Hey Kritta, I know this would add to your workload so it's just an idea for maybe a future add-on, but would you be able to add a part for modding the Lykaios to look like Red XIII's race from Final Fantasy 7? The only thing that would be needed for the Lykaios to look like them is the tail really, since the hair.ect you've been working on from what I can see would already be suitable enough.

I remembered you mentioning about adding parts for people to mix and match to create other species, so would a tail like this one be able to be added as well? I don't expect the fire on it to be animated, just a shape that looks like it would be fine enough.

I already have made a lion tail, was intended for my Khajiit overhaul. hheh, can upload it as an optional add on if you like.

Yea was talking about the dog dong, and if there was a chance to get a female version ( I NEED MA FUTA'S DAMMIT) with a bodyslide option so that it will line up properly so there wouldn't be gaps.

Maybe? I probably wont do it myself since otherwise I'll never release the mod with all the extra content I keep on adding. though I'm sure someone will be able to make a compatible version of it pretty quickly after I release it. :)

Maybe? I probably wont do it myself since otherwise I'll never release the mod with all the extra content I keep on adding. though I'm sure someone will be able to make a compatible version of it pretty quickly after I release it. :)

Understandable. Could hit EvilReflex up with a PM once the mod's released, he's worked on horses before, surely he can work with our beloved Lykaios aswell.

Also it's insane how well this is developing. Props, to the both of you, not only in the design department but in the execution of it all. Dog weeners aside I could see myself just chilling out and replaying Skyrim again only because I'd get to do it as a cool wolf dude.

I already have made a lion tail, was intended for my Khajiit overhaul. hheh, can upload it as an optional add on if you like.

That would be awesome, thanks! :)

Good to see some activity from you Kritta! Things are faring better for you guys I hope? 

And of course I'm happy to see things are moving again! I'm actually really excited to see the varying options to fit other species/breeds the most, totally wasn't expecting that! I'm hoping I may be able to make a Burmecian like from Final Fantasy 9.  

Good to see some activity from you Kritta! Things are faring better for you guys I hope? 

And of course I'm happy to see things are moving again! I'm actually really excited to see the varying options to fit other species/breeds the most, totally wasn't expecting that! I'm hoping I may be able to make a Burmecian like from Final Fantasy 9.  

I found such a mod for Skyrim. Wasn't on this site, but it works well enough with the body mods and with SoS futa add-on, at least, and it was specifically supposed to be a Burmecian. Looks nice enough. :3

I found such a mod for Skyrim. Wasn't on this site, but it works well enough with the body mods and with SoS futa add-on, at least, and it was specifically supposed to be a Burmecian. Looks nice enough. :3

That's Buff's Burmercian Race + Freya Crescent Companion and Racemenu preset mod, right? I just recently came across that one myself, but curiously it doesn't appear to be working quite right for me; it's using the khajiit assets (body textures, and tail/feet/hand meshes) instead of its own ones.

Okay, colour me confused. I've just realized the Lykaios themselves are also using my current Khajiit assets instead of their own as well.

Am I crazy? Has the legacy version of the Lykaois always used your installed Khajiit textures instead of its own? I could've sworn they used their own, hence why the mod comes with a neatly organized textures folder...

What is life right now @_@

Okay, colour me confused. I've just realized the Lykaios themselves are also using my current Khajiit assets instead of their own as well.

Am I crazy? Has the legacy version of the Lykaois always used your installed Khajiit textures instead of its own? I could've sworn they used their own, hence why the mod comes with a neatly organized textures folder...

Huh? I thought the legacy version had their own folders to use their own textures...maybe on your khajiit you're using the 'Better Khajiit Female body Textures' from the nexus for khajiit, those actually are just the lykaios textures recolored slightly.

Might be unrelated, but does anyone know any good programs to work with Skyrim's .dds files?

I've been messing around with paint.net but ofc that is woefully inadequate if you're planning on doing anything serious, so. I know Photoshop is the go to tool but I'm not sure which version I should get. GIMP is also recommended, but GIMP doesn't really work well in 64 bit systems since half of the plugins are for 32 bit systems, particularly the one that lets you edit .dds files.

Huh? I thought the legacy version had their own folders to use their own textures...maybe on your khajiit you're using the 'Better Khajiit Female body Textures' from the nexus for khajiit, those actually are just the lykaios textures recolored slightly.

As far as I remember, the legacy version had its own textures. I was able to switch out the textures without affecting Khajiit's textures (Or the other way around).

Might be unrelated, but does anyone know any good programs to work with Skyrim's .dds files?

I've been messing around with paint.net but ofc that is woefully inadequate if you're planning on doing anything serious, so. I know Photoshop is the go to tool but I'm not sure which version I should get. GIMP is also recommended, but GIMP doesn't really work well in 64 bit systems since half of the plugins are for 32 bit systems, particularly the one that lets you edit .dds files.

Personally I do it the long way. I convert the dds files into png using a free application called DDS Converter, edit the png on Photoshop CC 2014 and then convert it back to dds using this site because it has the option to generate DXT3 dds files (Used for transparency).

Nope, as bizarre as it sounds, in my Skyrim, the Lykaios are using whatever Khajiit textures I install instead of their own, and I cannot seem to work out how or why.

Sounds like you messed something up and need to re-install it.

Well, I'm not exactly completely oblivious when it comes to installing and tweaking mods. I have actually cleanly removed and reinstalled the legacy version of the Lykaois since I noticed the issue, and it's still happening. Hence why I find it confusing at all, since the Lykaios is a custom race with its own folder structure and paths, I can't really work out how another mod could be making it redirect to the khajiit textures.

Nope, as bizarre as it sounds, in my Skyrim, the Lykaios are using whatever Khajiit textures I install instead of their own, and I cannot seem to work out how or why.

Sounds like you messed something up and need to re-install it.

Well, I'm not exactly completely oblivious when it comes to installing and tweaking mods. I have actually cleanly removed and reinstalled the legacy version of the Lykaois since I noticed the issue, and it's still happening. Hence why I find it confusing at all, since the Lykaios is a custom race with its own folder structure and paths, I can't really work out how another mod could be making it redirect to the khajiit textures.

Maybe you should try manual install. Your manager might be acting up.

I wish it was that simple.

I've done a file by file manual removal of the Lykaios at this stage, and reinstalled it manually. This odd behavior persists; something is forcing the Lykaios to use textures from the default Khajiit folders, instead of their own, and I can't for the life of me work out what it is. It's not just the Lykaois and Buff's Burmecian mod either. I double checked the olde standard "custom races" mod, and no matter what texture set I install for the custom khajiit race, it uses the ones from the default khajiit folders.

It's as if something in my install is overriding anything that is at any level tagged as a "khajiit" (such as the Lykaios, which use the Khajiit race for armor group) to use the default texture path only.

I've done a file by file manual removal of the Lykaios at this stage, and reinstalled it manually. This odd behavior persists; something is forcing the Lykaios to use textures from the default Khajiit folders, instead of their own, and I can't for the life of me work out what it is. It's not just the Lykaois and Buff's Burmecian mod either. I double checked the olde standard "custom races" mod, and no matter what texture set I install for the custom khajiit race, it uses the ones from the default khajiit folders.

It's as if something in my install is overriding anything that is at any level tagged as a "khajiit" (such as the Lykaios, which use the Khajiit race for armor group) to use the default texture path only.

Hmm...might have to show us your mod list..I can only guess it's a texture mod that's particularly aggressive in assigning textures...

Maybe try moving the lykaios mod to the bottom of your load order. The only reason I can think of that the textures would be over ridden is if another mod is loaded after it that affects that.