Q: Can’t make follower milkmaid

A: At start you have only 1 slot for Milkmaids, you gain more as you progress.
A: You need to be close when you make Milkmaids.

Well I hve just started a new game and I have 20 Milkmaid slots. I have just recruited 2. Both behave like Milkmais, but the mod says that they aren't. It seems like this ist where my misunderstanding comes from: 20 Maids plus 20 additional maids makes 40.... I will check what happens if I recruit more of them.

Okay, I've installed everything correctly (I believe so, since the Plugins are all in acronyms and not in full titles it was a little hard to know which ones to get)

And I got the latest PapyrusUtil

I've cleaned my master files, optimized my load order, and got everything the mod requires.

And I STILL get "Milk Mod Economy was not installed correctly" each time I launch the game.

Okay, I've installed everything correctly (I believe so, since the Plugins are all in acronyms and not in full titles it was a little hard to know which ones to get)

I've cleaned my master files, optimized my load order, and got everything the mod requires.

And I STILL get "Milk Mod Economy was not installed correctly" each time I launch the game.

I'm having the same problem as well.  I've used the mod plenty of times, but had to re-install skyrim.  I have all the dependencies, and I also get the same message.

I'm having the same problem as well. I've used the mod plenty of times, but had to re-install skyrim. I have all the dependencies, and I also get the same message.

your skyrim is overloaded with running scripts, so mme takes longer than expected to start, if you see message once its probably okay, especially when you start fresh game but if it more, than something is wrong, maintenance script either running 2 long or not running at all

If its running 2 long , you get mcm and other stuff, mod will probably start eventually but still its a bad sign

I would like to second the motion that breast scaling has mysteriously stopped working for me. I have no idea why. On, off, it doesn't change at all. I am getting a papyrus with lots of MME errors about a 'none' object. Here you go.Papyrus.0.log

Also I love this mod so. <3 I've used it for a long time, always been fond of lactation. Keep up the good work, Sugar.

wow.. multiple breasts ... if there was a way to make that an optional upgrade to milkmaids at a certain level... that could be fun.

"Say, Lydia you've been producing a fine amount of milk and you seem to enjoy it... maybe you'd be interested in trying this special potion?"

I would like to second the motion that breast scaling has mysteriously stopped working for me. I have no idea why. On, off, it doesn't change at all. I am getting a papyrus with lots of MME errors about a 'none' object. Here you go.attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Also I love this mod so. <3 I've used it for a long time, always been fond of lactation. Keep up the good work, Sugar.

try these

WORK.7z

First off, don't know what you changed recently but when I tried this mod again it installed, initialized and is now working fine so kudo's on that.  Overall I haven't had any problems so far, but I did notice a couple of issues.

When I first installed and had both the milk economy and the notifications active there was a pretty heavy load on papyrus and virtual memory kept freezing up, this led to a CTD and some trouble loading a save game.  I turned of the economy messages and after the mod had run for about 10 min I haven't noticed any further load or VM issues.

Breast scaling works for me but sometimes it is delayed in being applied.  So I may walk in and see a milk maid at normal breast scale but if I wait for a few minutes game time (or use the Wait command for 1+ hr or sleep for 1+ hr) they usually "pop" to correct size and animations (milk leaks and so forth if those should be applied).  So it seems maybe breast scaling is working its just not updating and applying the effect very quickly.  I don't mind so much, as the delay helps avoid load issues when changing cells, so maybe just needs a slight tweaking.

Couple of questions.  First, if you are playing a male character who is NOT a milk maid, does this effectively give you an extra milk maid slot?  I ask because right now I have 1 slot unlocked and one milk maid but in testing I was able to make a second one and it didn't tell me I was out of slots.

Second, is there any way to make or otherwise acquire extra lactacid?

Finally, I thought I'd offer to give something back as my way of supporting the mod.  I thought the placement of the milk pumps could do with a little updating and a bit of navmeshing.  Below are some screen shots of two locations I've completed, Whiterun and Riften.  In each case I navmeshed the pumps so that NPC maids won't try to walk on top of some of the parts and it seems like this has helped with them getting into correct position.  The new Whiterun pump station is behind Belethor's in its own lil milk barn.  For Riften its on its own canal platform directly below the bridge crossing to the Bee and Barb.   Since the only way I know to do these changes is by modding the main esp (unless I Wrye bash a forced dependency for another esp), I'll ask if there's any interest in including these in the mod officially?   I like creating and modding locations but having to redo them for each update to the main mod esp would get old quickly.  Its one of the few things I can do right now to "give something back".

post-749264-0-68622600-1460051567_thumb.jpg

post-749264-0-09490700-1460051578_thumb.jpg

post-749264-0-23107700-1460051590_thumb.jpg

First off, don't know what you changed recently but when I tried this mod again it installed, initialized and is now working fine so kudo's on that.  Overall I haven't had any problems so far, but I did notice a couple of issues.

When I first installed and had both the milk economy and the notifications active there was a pretty heavy load on papyrus and virtual memory kept freezing up, this led to a CTD and some trouble loading a save game.  I turned of the economy messages and after the mod had run for about 10 min I haven't noticed any further load or VM issues.

Breast scaling works for me but sometimes it is delayed in being applied.  So I may walk in and see a milk maid at normal breast scale but if I wait for a few minutes game time (or use the Wait command for 1+ hr or sleep for 1+ hr) they usually "pop" to correct size and animations (milk leaks and so forth if those should be applied).  So it seems maybe breast scaling is working its just not updating and applying the effect very quickly.  I don't mind so much, as the delay helps avoid load issues when changing cells, so maybe just needs a slight tweaking.

Couple of questions.  First, if you are playing a male character who is NOT a milk maid, does this effectively give you an extra milk maid slot?  I ask because right now I have 1 slot unlocked and one milk maid but in testing I was able to make a second one and it didn't tell me I was out of slots.

Second, is there any way to make or otherwise acquire extra lactacid?

Finally, I thought I'd offer to give something back as my way of supporting the mod.  I thought the placement of the milk pumps could do with a little updating and a bit of navmeshing.  Below are some screen shots of two locations I've completed, Whiterun and Riften.  In each case I navmeshed the pumps so that NPC maids won't try to walk on top of some of the parts and it seems like this has helped with them getting into correct position.  The new Whiterun pump station is behind Belethor's in its own lil milk barn.  For Riften its on its own canal platform directly below the bridge crossing to the Bee and Barb.   Since the only way I know to do these changes is by modding the main esp (unless I Wrye bash a forced dependency for another esp), I'll ask if there's any interest in including these in the mod officially?   I like creating and modding locations but having to redo them for each update to the main mod esp would get old quickly.  Its one of the few things I can do right now to "give something back".

well there was a bug in economy that caused loop, and noone reported it for month

delay is probably caused by combination of other mods and the way MME handles everything -> 1 actor at a time

no, player have 1 slot reserved

lactacid bottles should be added to khajiits traders, but chance is not 100%

you can get lactacid through armors and race milk or reduce its decay rate in settings

i can include it as a plugin, since it'll probably cause conflicts with other city mods

i think it would be better to remove milk pumps(or move them to separate plugin), and make them hearthfire buildable but i have no idea how =)

and instead of pumps, ecenomy would deal with inn keepers

Regarding the delay:  Very likely other mods putting demands (I've tried to keep that as light as I can but still...) and my old computer doing its best to chug along.  Its not a huge issue, so not really worried about it, just making a note of it.  I actually so far haven't found any big issues with this version.

I haven't seen any lactacid for sale from the khajiit traders at all.  Have seen race milks occasionally.  How did you add them to the merchants, I'm not seeing a leveled list or anything?

Ah, found the note in the spoiler about which armors produce it. :dodgy:

Regarding the pumps:

I can rebuild them in a separate esp if you like.  I had added a few MME items (sometimes bottles of lactacid and such will be laying around some locations, I also make a barrel containing a few random items that I could add to locations, these can be looted for some extra milks and such) but if I do them as another esp I can't use those unless I use Wrye to force a dependency since MME isn't an esm file.  I think the pumps should be okay without the dependency since that's a Zaz item unless you altered them.  But if you're interested I'll get to work on that.  I can't guarantee compatibility with every other mod out there (too much to keep up with) but I am avoiding conflicts with any official content (Civil War stuff and so forth).  If there's some particular mod you want me to ensure it's compatible with I can take a look.  I've been trying to keep my load order lighter lately so I've uninstalled quite a bit.

Regarding the delay:  Very likely other mods putting demands (I've tried to keep that as light as I can but still...) and my old computer doing its best to chug along.  Its not a huge issue, so not really worried about it, just making a note of it.  I actually so far haven't found any big issues with this version.

I haven't seen any lactacid for sale from the khajiit traders at all.  Have seen race milks occasionally.  How did you add them to the merchants, I'm not seeing a leveled list or anything?

Ah, found the note in the spoiler about which armors produce it. :dodgy:

Regarding the pumps:

I can rebuild them in a separate esp if you like.  I had added a few MME items (sometimes bottles of lactacid and such will be laying around some locations, I also make a barrel containing a few random items that I could add to locations, these can be looted for some extra milks and such) but if I do them as another esp I can't use those unless I use Wrye to force a dependency since MME isn't an esm file.  I think the pumps should be okay without the dependency since that's a Zaz item unless you altered them.  But if you're interested I'll get to work on that.  I can't guarantee compatibility with every other mod out there (too much to keep up with) but I am avoiding conflicts with any official content (Civil War stuff and so forth).  If there's some particular mod you want me to ensure it's compatible with I can take a look.  I've been trying to keep my load order lighter lately so I've uninstalled quite a bit.

i add it via script to LItemSkooma75 which i think is 25% chance

you should esmify mme esp do your stuff and revert, it wont work w/o dependency

Out of curiosity, why add it with a script?  I assume there was a reason.

Did not know I could esmify it and then revert.  So basically make a backup of the original MME esp (which I already have), esmify it, build new mod, then replace the esmified MME file with the original and we're good to go?  Just double checking to make sure I understood correctly, if so then I'll be building shit all weekend. :D   Hopefully people will enjoy the end result.

Regarding Milk maid slots:  I've currently got a male character who is not a milk maid.  He has level 1 master and 2 milk slaves (I'm also using PAHE so my milk maids are PAHE slaves) and I tried making a 3rd slave into a milk maid.  She got in the pump, gave me the popup box with the option to make her a milk maid and I then had 3 active milk maids despite having only 1 slot unlocked.   So, what'd I screw up???  :s

Granted most people would probably be happy to have endless milk maids but I'm kinda fussy about actually wanting to have to work to get stuff (just like I prefer to craft, temper and enchant my gear rather than add it with console commands, I just enjoy that process more).  I'm just all finicky that way. ;)

Hi guys,

everytime i return to skyrim i have to install this mod, so thanks Ed.

About the maid slots i can confirm that you can have a bigger number of maids than slots available.

My character has master 3 and 18 maids that were added at master 1, i haven't said anything because it didn't bothered me tongue.png, and i didn't knew for sure if it was my fault, and if memory serves me that started when the option to make maids by offering lactacid, was introduced.

I've started several new games and i use loot, fnis, mod organizer, i've spend a few hours watching youtube to learn to use this tools, i installed the listed requirements and that bug still persists...

On the other hand we're talking about skyrim and i don't claim to be a expert about mod conflicts, so there is a possibility that i'm doing something wrong.

Okay, rebuilt the Whiterun milk barn as a separate esp.  Only done a quick test but everything seemed okay.  Consider this an early alpha.  Installation is simple, drop the esp into your Data folder and put it just after your other MME esp files in your load order and you should be good to go.  There's no scripting or anything else added so uninstalling is basically just delete the esp.

Try, comment on it, meanwhile I'll be working on other the other hold capitals.  Enjoy!

MilkModNEW PumpLocRebuild.esp

Out of curiosity, why add it with a script?  I assume there was a reason.

Regarding Milk maid slots:  I've currently got a male character who is not a milk maid.  He has level 1 master and 2 milk slaves (I'm also using PAHE so my milk maids are PAHE slaves) and I tried making a 3rd slave into a milk maid.  She got in the pump, gave me the popup box with the option to make her a milk maid and I then had 3 active milk maids despite having only 1 slot unlocked.   So, what'd I screw up???  :s

Granted most people would probably be happy to have endless milk maids but I'm kinda fussy about actually wanting to have to work to get stuff (just like I prefer to craft, temper and enchant my gear rather than add it with console commands, I just enjoy that process more).  I'm just all finicky that way. ;)

cuz using script doesnt need compability patches 

i guesss at some point i forgot to add free slots check

that should fix this

1.7z

Edited by Ed86

Hello, I cannot seem to get the mod to initialize or the MCM to appear, I uninstalled and reinstalled it once, incorrectly perhaps. So I have tried multiple savegames and they do not seem to work at all.

I tried the steps provided in the FAQ section but the MCM is not appearing anymore. Milk pumps appear in game, but if you get into them, nothing happens.

What do I do?

Hello, I cannot seem to get the mod to initialize or the MCM to appear, I uninstalled and reinstalled it once, incorrectly perhaps. So I have tried multiple savegames and they do not seem to work at all.

I tried the steps provided in the FAQ section but the MCM is not appearing anymore. Milk pumps appear in game, but if you get into them, nothing happens.

What do I do?

Have the same problem. Stories are running. Market info too, and stations everywhere, but nothing on MCM

What do I do?

reinstall mod correctly

What do I do?

Have the same problem. Stories are running. Market info too, and stations everywhere, but nothing on MCM

that is totally different problem, since everything but mcm working, but unlike above idk how to fix that

For Ed86:

Quick question on pump locations.  I was making a list this morning of the locations I'll need to do and I noticed you don't appear to have pump stations at Kynesgrove or Karthwasten.  If I add pump stations there, do I need to do anything extra so the economy will know how to use them?  Would you prefer I not add pump locations there?

Will try the fix you posted later today, got CK going ATM :cool:

To Raughtr:

I had the same problem a couple versions back and couldn't figure it out either.  Now it works for me, same game as before, pretty much same load order (nothing major changed) so I'm not sure why it didn't work then and why it works now.  All I can suggest is, make sure you uninstall everything, clean out any orphan scripts and then just play for a bit and try again.  When I say play for a bit, maybe about a game month (lot of stuff resets itself once per month in game, so that might help).  Wish I could give you a better answer than that but I never did figure out why it wasn't working in the first place.

For Ed86:

Quick question on pump locations.  I was making a list this morning of the locations I'll need to do and I noticed you don't appear to have pump stations at Kynesgrove or Karthwasten.  If I add pump stations there, do I need to do anything extra so the economy will know how to use them?  Would you prefer I not add pump locations there?

Will try the fix you posted later today, got CK going ATM :cool:

yes, you need to edit esp and scripts, if you want to

i can add them, if they have separate location cell or they can stay as caravan market

Alright, I'll leave those to last then, and then you can make whatever edits are necessary.

So far I have:

Whiterun... done

Riverwood... done

Rorikstead... done

Riften... done

Falkreath... done

Added a lactacid barrel and tucked one in a few of the locations.  If you prefer not to have that it can be easily changed to a food barrel.  I added the lactacid with a leveled list, if you want to fill it with a script I followed your LItem naming method so it should be easy to find and change.

On the milk pump stations, I had to do a quick revert in TES edit to get the originals back (which I'd deleted) after you remarked about using the script.  Figured it needed the original pump form ID to identify it so I undeleted the originals, and then dragged them into the new positions.  So I'm assuming all these should work correctly with the economy.  Needs testing to confirm though.

Whitrun milking barn is located behind Belethor's shop, if you can't find it... you are blind.

Riverwood is in same location as before, just dressed it up a bit.

Rorikstead moved behind inn on new platform.

Riften is located in the lower canal under the bridge to Bee and Barb near alchemist shop

Falkreath, moved behind trading post on platform with new milk shack.

Fixed a slight oops, there was a bit of walkway missing in Riften.  Fixed it.  Looks like only 2 people downloaded before I caught it.

MilkModNEW PumpLocRebuild.esp