if you have the merchant perk it's possible to buy any kind of item from merchant's but that is a pretty big problem. Did you consider adding the skooma to Belethor instead, he sells potions and he seems shady enough to also be a skooma dealer.

What about Arcadia? She is an alchemist, maybe she brews skooma secretly and experimenting often.

Arcadia is a good idea indeed i think, after all she also brew that love elixier.

In Markath Bothelia might be a good skooma dealer, there is also this quest where you have to deliver the stallions potion to the horny steward.

So those two alchemists at least brew probably illegal alchemic potions already.

In Riften imho Brynwolf would be best, he sells his fake troll blood potions, so he could secretly sell skooma too. You could even use it as disguise, making a mini quest out of it. So you pay him lots of money for his worthless potions and then discover that they can be traded 1 on 1 for skooma in a hidden room in Haelga's bunkhouse for example.

Finally i think the dark brotherhood might also sell skooma, just because they like to use it in a psycho style. For example they could make competitions if they can still kill a victim during a strong skooma trip. Or they make a betting game and assasinate multiple targets at the same time through a skooma overdose, the dark brotherhood member who guesses correctly which victim dies last wins the money then.

Also, since your skooma is different, you can also tag it as food. That way, anyone who can sell food can stock it if you choose to spread it around Skyrim.

Anyway, that would solve the problem in the Drunken Huntsman for the short term.

Vanilla Skooma has the VendorItem Food keyword but that doesn't help, adding the food item flag absolutely helps and it seems your solution is the best solution.

One more idea: Maybe you could add almost empty skooma bottles to the city barrels as possible loot, if you collect 10 of them these leftovers would be like one normal bottle then.

So desperate skooma whores would search the trash cans of the cities then for trash to sell or if they are really lucky leftover skooma.

Would lead to nice occasional fuckups with deviously cursed loot too then. "Yeah, i found skooma........ . Fuck, this was a cursed trash can. I can't get my skooma with that gag + armbinder." :D

What strikes me most about this mod is the grinding inhumanity of the brothel. A steady stream of anonymous men enter, fuck the whores, and leave without so much as a word. The whores themselves exist only to get fucked in exchange for skooma which is delivered by an indifferent Gilfre after every third client. You have created (intentionally?) what I would consider the most realistic portrayal of the nightmare of those bound up in drugs and prostitution. Someone above mentioned that watching the same anims over and over again gets boring and for every player, at some point, that will be true. So you will look for ways to add new contexts to keep the animations comparatively fresh. But in doing so I hope you will try to maintain the dark psychological elements you have created so compellingly.

Or am I reading too much into this thing? :P

I couldn't agree more.  With the mods I'm running I was beaten and robbed, left naked and penniless with a huge addiction.  Trying to get enough skooma to feed the addiction left little time for anything else.  I barely had enough time to scrape together enough for food (the downside of iNeed).  An endless cycle of being used and sleeping.  

For some reason I couldn't sleep in the brothel (trespassing apparently), and had to sleep in that abandoned shack not far downriver.  Thanks to Dangerous Nights, I ran the risk of being raped each night (just more work really).  With SD+ I could beg for money, but most were indifferent or, if they did give money, sought to take advantage.  It's almost impossible to break this cycle and get out of the brothel.  

You could see how someone in that situation would be willing to do more... non-conventional things to try to scrape some money together.  Pretty awful all and all.

I play this mod since yesterday. My girl is not really addicted yet but I still got some concerns about the availability of the good stuff. If I've read right the only steady source are the dealers and the brothel so far.

Maybe you can add skooma to the caravans. Or the beggars. It is very likely that the beggars are addicted too and you can convince them to share some of their stuff with you.

I play your mod together with trade and barter with pretty merciless settings. One skooma costs whopping 1380 gold for me with low speech skill. It would be really cool to add more options for "free" skooma through stealing, paying with ass or robbing. 

Just an idea: Maybe you can add quest with the task to rob dealers, smugglers or even skooma caravans. In shorts words: more drug-related crime.

I really love the idea of this mod and hope it continues to evolve with the great ideas that people are offering. Specifically, I'd love to see Skooma become more readily available, and for there to be plenty of options for making payment aside from gold (along with the possible consequences to go along with those).

I also can't wait to see other drugs show up with different effects... One of my favorite ways to play Fallout was as a drugged-up gun for hire, hitting the chems to be better at killing, but then having to deal with the side-effects. Hope this will bring more of that to Skyrim! ^_^

I'd never really used alcohol, skooma or food in Skyrim. The short boost is either too weak or short. (edit: waiting for an update of Dynamic Potions)

So is it possible to edit the durations via TES5edit, eg 20min regen boost to make it really usefull and worthwhile dealing with the consequences? As a suggestion and addition to my last sentence, the debuff could stay for much longer, shortened with food or sleeping.

Just had my character reach addiction level.  Just some thoughts, sorry if they've been mentioned already.

The first thing that occurred to me is that it took too long to become addicted.  For a PC that doesn't want to become an addict I wish there were ways to either be tempted or forced to drink skooma.  I know SD+ does it but it's so rare and I'm not captured all that much.  I had the MCM set to fast just to test the mod but I think it took around 15 to 20 bottles of skooma, maybe more.  If you could make the MCM addiction a slider with a larger scale rather than a choice of slow, medium, fast that would be appreciated by me.

For immersions sake here is another suggestion.  If you have a follower, have them leave you once they see you started working at a brothel.  Give it some dialouge like, "I can't be with you when you are like this".  Or, and this is more complicated I know, use the Attraction Mod as a dependency and depending on how attracted the follower is to the PC have them either leave, watch or join to help at the brothel.  If join maybe the follower will give her skooma to the PC.

Finally, it would be immersive if there were some text that would pop-up in the morning or when a PC wakes from sleep.  Depending on the stage of addiction it could read:

1.  What a great buzz, I should try it again sometime.

2.  Good thing skooma is hard to find, I'm really liking it.

3.  Wonder where I could find me some skooma?

4.  Just need one bottle, that should do for today.

5.  I feel sick, I need skooma.

As it is, I think the mod is great.  Really well done.  I added skooma dealers from the nexus to my game just so I could find more.  Plus I have OBIS and every now and then I get an addled bandit that has a few bottles.

I ran out of cash during my game and resorted to selling my and my follower's gear to get enough gold to buy one bottle.  We were left with rags to wear and iron daggers.  She finally left me when I charged her for sex.

Started a new character with this mod (love Mod Organizer) I am now lvl 11 I have taken 3 coaches otherwise I have traveled the road Solitude, windhelm, riften, whiterun falkreath, dragonbridge, shor stone.  I got then skooma stash under whiterun and then did Riftens skooma quest.  I have not run into a dealer yet and I am unsure what level my addiction is.

If you could add some permanent dealers that would be so helpful.

Started a new character with this mod (love Mod Organizer) I am now lvl 11 I have taken 3 coaches otherwise I have traveled the road Solitude, windhelm, riften, whiterun falkreath, dragonbridge, shor stone.  I got then skooma stash under whiterun and then did Riftens skooma quest.  I have not run into a dealer yet and I am unsure what level my addiction is.

Yes, permanent dealers or more frequent random dealers

Started a new character with this mod (love Mod Organizer) I am now lvl 11 I have taken 3 coaches otherwise I have traveled the road Solitude, windhelm, riften, whiterun falkreath, dragonbridge, shor stone. I got then skooma stash under whiterun and then did Riftens skooma quest. I have not run into a dealer yet and I am unsure what level my addiction is.

Yes, permanent dealers or more frequent random dealers

Yeah, this mod actually gave me a reason to do something in the creation kit. I know have Skeeze, my permanent Argonian skooma dealer hanging around Riften so that my poor characters can always find someone willing to deal.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next out of this mod.

I'd never really used alcohol, skooma or food in Skyrim. The short boost is either too weak or short. (edit: waiting for an update of Dynamic Potions)

So is it possible to edit the durations via TES5edit, eg 20min regen boost to make it really usefull and worthwhile dealing with the consequences? As a suggestion and addition to my last sentence, the debuff could stay for much longer, shortened with food or sleeping.

i suggest not as that would be game breaking the effects of the skooma are way better than the downsides it literally makes you faster than a horse and ur stamina literally doesnt run out and if it does it regens in 2 seconds. As you can see my character is super addicted lmao 

I'd never really used alcohol, skooma or food in Skyrim. The short boost is either too weak or short. (edit: waiting for an update of Dynamic Potions)

i suggest not as that would be game breaking the effects of the skooma are way better than the downsides it literally makes you faster than a horse and ur stamina literally doesnt run out and if it does it regens in 2 seconds. As you can see my character is super addicted lmao 

If you say so.

Everything, even the light drugs like nicotine / caffeine that are in your body do last longer. Casting a simple Iron Flesh is enough for a fight vs 10 bandits - and skooma / alcohol? Only for one. SkyRe's Ranger Potion is as strong as skooma and doesn't have any disadvantages - so why using skooma again? lmao

edited

Caffeine for example:

The body does absorb about 50% of the effect after 4 hours (240min). 20 real time minutes should be one Skyrim minute (timescale 20). 240 / 20 = 12 Skyrim minutes.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The dealers arrived! Read the OP again for their exact position. I put a bit more effort in them to make them more immersive and make them more alive. Ok the dialouge is the same atm. But I want to give everyone their own with more background. Also I want to use them in the future for new quest and relationships.

I reduced the base price of Skooma from 250 to 150, which is about 450 gold on lvl 1 in my tests. I this this smoothes the grind for it a bit but is still a pain in the ass when satisfying higher addictions.

One more idea: Maybe you could add almost empty skooma bottles to the city barrels as possible loot, if you collect 10 of them these leftovers would be like one normal bottle then.

So desperate skooma whores would search the trash cans of the cities then for trash to sell or if they are really lucky leftover skooma.

Would lead to nice occasional fuckups with deviously cursed loot too then. "Yeah, i found skooma........ . Fuck, this was a cursed trash can. I can't get my skooma with that gag + armbinder." :D

I like the way you think. But I can´t imagen that there are a lot Skooma bottles in the trash since it is still illegal. But maybe I make some possible Skooma stashes with a lot of containers where maybe is or is no Skooma there^^

Just an idea: Maybe you can add quest with the task to rob dealers, smugglers or even skooma caravans. In shorts words: more drug-related crime.

That´s a good idea. More quest around Skooma/ drugs with the possebiliy to get some of it. Give me some time to get creative :D

Just had my character reach addiction level.  Just some thoughts, sorry if they've been mentioned already.

The first thing that occurred to me is that it took too long to become addicted.  For a PC that doesn't want to become an addict I wish there were ways to either be tempted or forced to drink skooma.  I know SD+ does it but it's so rare and I'm not captured all that much.  I had the MCM set to fast just to test the mod but I think it took around 15 to 20 bottles of skooma, maybe more.  If you could make the MCM addiction a slider with a larger scale rather than a choice of slow, medium, fast that would be appreciated by me.

For immersions sake here is another suggestion.  If you have a follower, have them leave you once they see you started working at a brothel.  Give it some dialouge like, "I can't be with you when you are like this".  Or, and this is more complicated I know, use the Attraction Mod as a dependency and depending on how attracted the follower is to the PC have them either leave, watch or join to help at the brothel.  If join maybe the follower will give her skooma to the PC.

Finally, it would be immersive if there were some text that would pop-up in the morning or when a PC wakes from sleep.  Depending on the stage of addiction it could read:

As it is, I think the mod is great.  Really well done.  I added skooma dealers from the nexus to my game just so I could find more.  Plus I have OBIS and every now and then I get an addled bandit that has a few bottles.

I ran out of cash during my game and resorted to selling my and my follower's gear to get enough gold to buy one bottle.  We were left with rags to wear and iron daggers.  She finally left me when I charged her for sex.

I don´t think you understood what this all about. At first you are already addicted after 3 Skoomas (7 for the first withdrawals) on FAST. This mod is not about making the PC addicted. It makes Skooma "useful" and gives the risk of becomming addicted in small steps.

Follower support will have to wait, because it is as much effort to handle them as the player. Means I had to write this mod again^^

I don´t think you understood what this all about. At first you are already addicted after 3 Skoomas (7 for the first withdrawals) on FAST. This mod is not about making the PC addicted. It makes Skooma "useful" and gives the risk of becomming addicted in small steps.

Follower support will have to wait, because it is as much effort to handle them as the player. Means I had to write this mod again^^

Fair enough, I see it from your point of view and it makes sense.  Nice mod and definitely a keeper.  From my point of view, my character didn't feel addicted after three skoomas.  Maybe that's the slippery slope.  Definitely impacted the game when I got to the dependency stage.

An idea for the skooma dealers is to have them give away the first batch. Get 'em hooked and soon they'll be hookers. ;)

And you could have varying grades of skooma.

Dealers will give the top stuff in the first batch(es), then as the player gets more and more hooked and needs it more and more, they starting giving cut skooma... that is, watered down or something. To increase the profit margin.

Kind of mimics real life that way.

I like the way you think. But I can´t imagen that there are a lot Skooma bottles in the trash since it is still illegal. But maybe I make some possible Skooma stashes with a lot of containers where maybe is or is no Skooma there^^

Thanks. True enough though, the idea is a bit too unrealistic for most of Skyrim. Adding some interesting additional flavor stuff to get skooma or unwanted side effects would be nice imho.

Suggestions:

-If you are obviously a skooma addict (stage 5) you might get a random encounter in the wilderness where a group of other skooma addicts tries to rob your skooma. So like the vanilla thief encounter, but they demand to hand over your skooma, if you refuse you have to fight them.

-If you are drugged in a city you might get reported and get a bounty. There is this nice early stage mod:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33768-sexcrime

Unfortunately i am no modder, but maybe it would be easy to detect, so you could add a small MCM menu and handle it like with sex in the above linked sexcrime mod so that there are periodic scans if you are currently high from skooma, and then you get a bounty of xxx gold (mcm adjustable) every 30-60 seconds while inside a city. There should be a switch to turn it off in the MCM for special situations. E.g. if you are getting caught and surrender and prison overhaul takes over so that you are not getting additional bounty during punishment.

-Add skooma whore npcs to some cities like Riften or the Windhelm docks/slums. You can get sex from them if you pay with skooma, but the main idea would be that you can try to steal their skooma. Again no idea if this is doable, but maybe you could modify the random assasin encounter then. So everytime you steal skooma from them there is a chance they notice and then you might get a random encounter with thug(s) their pimp sends after you as revenge.