Anyone getting Destiny?

Spectre_15

rather wait for ETERNAL CRUSADE

THIS QUIET OFFENDS SLAANESH! THINGS SHALL GET LOUD NOW!

Looking forward to that as well so i brought a founders pack :)

Capture.jpg

As to Destiny no as its console only at the moment and i'm never going to buy a console just to play a game. If/When they release a PC version i might check it out (although if eternal crusade is out by then i doubt it)

Guest carywinton

Destiny looks bland, generic, and over hyped/overrated.

Go figure, shit games get too noticed and good games go unnoticed. (Wonder why the stale shit industry is so shitty)

A fairly complex question, the gaming industry as a whole is driven by the "Producers" with the money, which in turn is driven by greed. They could care less overall about the people who buy and play the games unless they are making money. It is interesting to see the move Microsoft made recently in acquiring the Tomb Raider franchise, no they didn't buy it out right, they didn't have to, they put up enough to control it, same difference without the extra capital. I suspect we will see more of this in the future, large corporations taking over game franchises for the sake of income, not the fans who supported it and got it to that point.

The next move will come when people flat out stop buying these crappy made garbage games and force the companies to either make them better or abandon the industry. I see the coming of a new OS and a new generation in gaming, all open source, but it is going to take people to say they have had enough of spending their hard earned money for garbage and a few high profile class action suits.

Just another overhyped generic boring shooter with no real MMO aspects at all.

I'd like to add the fact that it's brown to this.

if it was a third person shooter I might consider it but it's not so I'm not going to bother with it.

Yeah, 3rd person shooter (with cover mechanics) is also something I prefer.

Yup, Played too much Quake/doom to care about another "space" fps.

Wish it was 3ps or hybrid.

After seeing this video, my negative thoughts I already had about the game, were totally complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzopWRXK_r4

I was just about to post this.  However, aside from the lackluster story, most of his gripes are things that I enjoy in games, especially grinding.  I hate this new model of release half a game, then the rest in DLC expansions, but again, aside from the lackluster story, I'm enjoying this game so far.

That was entertaining to watch, I should watch more AJ ... once I am throguh with all Nostalgia Critic reviews...

Oh this game? I have no intention to play it, and never bothered to play any Halo, but I was curious as I read this game now did cost 500 million dollars? Now I am no expert and all, but where did this money go to? Peter Dinkelage? Long holidays on Hawaii for the devs? I cannot see it, sorry, maybe one has to play it to understand, and not just view it in videos. But somehow, watching that review I constantly had to think it looked only slightly better than The Old Republic, especially the char-models...

So...the 500 millions aren't spent yet? They will be spent over the course of these ten years? Okay...interesting.

Though after reading a bit more about the story of the game they might need a bit of the money for a law-suit, because much of it made me think heavily about the Warhammer 40k universe. At least they got heavily inspired by that one's premise in some way...

Whatever, I wonder if this game really will live for ten years...

destiny was originally going to be a fantasy game but bungie change it sci-fi fantasy instead

as for the warhammer thing I've seen people destiny to mass effect, halo, borderlands and many other games as well. everyone makes their own connections.

bungie took inspiration from many sources

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/12/04/the-surprising-evolution-of-destiny-39-s-art.aspx

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/12/23/the-big-decisions-of-destinys-development.aspx

Though after reading a bit more about the story of the game they might need a bit of the money for a law-suit, because much of it made me think heavily about the Warhammer 40k universe. At least they got heavily inspired by that one's premise in some way...

I didn't really get that from what I saw of it, although I do think some of the armour designs are pretty badass and are wasted in an FPS (I have teh same opinion of the MJOLNIR armour in Halo)

I didn't really get that from what I saw of it, although I do think some of the armour designs are pretty badass and are wasted in an FPS (I have teh same opinion of the MJOLNIR armour in Halo)

Well, its more the story than design...mankind going to the stars, having a huge empire, but then they lost it? And they get saved by some powerful omnipowerful being?

That's more or less the premise of Warhammer 40k...Mankind goes to the stars, conquers all, but then due to the Warp-Chaos-Gods they lose it all and the dark ages begin. On the devasted war-torn Earth the all-powerfull Human Emperor rises and starts to use his intelligence and powerful psychic abilities to restore the human power over the stars ... using some of his power to create super-soldiers that help him fulfull his goals..

Granted, surely Destiny is not a rip-off, but elements or inspiration is clearly taken. However, I'd rather enjoy the dirty gritty medieval-like technology and setting of Warhammer, Destiny looks rather forgettable in comparison.

This say alot and i agree with AJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzopWRXK_r4&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ

500 MILLION WTF?

Story what story they bought it ..hahaha(evil money grabbing GRIN)

attachicon.gifNaamloos.png

Explanation story... i could tell you i could tell you...but i won't hahaha evil grin WTF?

Verdict,

attachicon.gifdestiny verdict.png

iirc the only reason it didn't get a 4/10 was because Joe liked the PvP

Gamers should realy starting to punish these money grabbing companys with there idiotic DLC on launch day eventually pay for these games alot more only because the DLC which should be in the game in first place at launch now kept out of it so they seperatly sell them with the game at same day or first weeks.

At least skyrim give us even it was also badly ported 200+ with basic game not modded.

Or Guild Wars 2 that give all DLC and any content free no bullshitting there fans with unfinished game.

But ive already boycotte alot games this year won't pay 50 euros for game that have maybe 8 hours gameplay or unfinished.

My wallet stay close.

I got 33 games on steam over period of 6 years while i would have bought more if they where complete and not in alpha stage(early fucking acces my ASS).

But im affraid i belong to a minority, majority just keep spending and spending on unfinished games, result we get more crappy games every day bah:(

Gamers should realy starting to punish these money grabbing companys with there idiotic DLC on launch day eventually pay for these games alot more only because the DLC which should be in the game in first place at launch now kept out of it so they seperatly sell them with the game at same day or first weeks.

At least skyrim give us even it was also badly ported 200+ with basic game not modded.

Or Guild Wars 2 that give all DLC and any content free no bullshitting there fans with unfinished game.

But ive already boycotte alot games this year won't pay 50 euros for game that have maybe 8 hours gameplay or unfinished.

My wallet stay close.

I got 33 games on steam over period of 6 years while i would have bought more if they where complete and not in alpha stage(early fucking acces my ASS).

But im affraid i belong to a minority, majority just keep spending and spending on unfinished games, result we get more crappy games every day bah:(

Guild Wars 2 may not have bullshitted fans with DLC but it did bullshit them in other ways.

Archived